PDA

View Full Version : Robert Wagner

Valuist
11-21-2011, 03:26 PM
Have to think he's at least a person of interest in this....sounds like foul play involved:

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/woman-claims-she-heard-natalie-wood-cries-help-095255169.html

DJofSD
11-21-2011, 03:40 PM
What's the date that the screams were first reported? Last week or 30 years ago?

If she actually reported hearing those screams about the same timeframe of the death, that is one thing. But if she is just now coming forward with a story about hearing those screams and this is the first time she's shared this information, it is highly suspect.

The police must have some additional hard information that is not yet shared with the public.

FantasticDan
11-21-2011, 03:46 PM
Um, yeah, when there's three people on a boat in the ocean (four including the captain), and everyone's loaded, and one ends up overboard in the middle of the night, the others would certainly be questioned.

As for the captain's change of tune 30 yrs later - he's selling a book. Mission accomplished!

Edit: What difference does the woman hearing the "help me, I'm drowning" screams make? Whether she slipped or was dumped, wouldn't she be yelling the same thing?

DJofSD
11-21-2011, 03:59 PM
There are too many details not available to be able to say anything about the circumstances of the screams.

Valuist
11-21-2011, 04:17 PM
Um, yeah, when there's three people on a boat in the ocean (four including the captain), and everyone's loaded, and one ends up overboard in the middle of the night, the others would certainly be questioned.

As for the captain's change of tune 30 yrs later - he's selling a book. Mission accomplished!

Edit: What difference does the woman hearing the "help me, I'm drowning" screams make? Whether she slipped or was dumped, wouldn't she be yelling the same thing?

If she hit her head, like Wagner claims, before she hit the water, she might not have been able to scream.

lamboguy
11-21-2011, 04:18 PM
instead of chasing down alqaeda, they are going to make the lawyers rich.

ArlJim78
11-21-2011, 04:26 PM

bingo! All good points.
Once I see a book promotion that tells me everything I need to know.

GameTheory
11-21-2011, 05:20 PM
People who are actually drowning don't make a sound -- they are sort of paralyzed (remember that when around children in water). If someone is thrashing around and screaming, they are still "swimming" at that point. Not that it matters too much to this story, as apparently Natalie Wood was afraid of water and surely would have been freaking out when she fell over (if she was conscious).

bigmack
11-21-2011, 05:56 PM
There are 41 unsolved homicides per square mile in South L.A., and they need to dredge-up this 3 decades old case :confused:

It's been my experience, you get a boatload of booze with one couple and one friend, something odd is going to happen.

On a side note, I dug that last movie they made; Brainstorm.

VardFGDZPu4

toetoe
11-22-2011, 01:15 AM

Not necessarily. (:Monty Python voice.)

Remember the one remotely funny Tom Smothers bit ? He fell into a vat of chocolate. He yelled, "FIRE !" Why ? No one would respond to "CHOCOLATE !"

toetoe
11-22-2011, 01:22 AM
...you get a boatload of booze with one couple and one friend ... Brainstorm.

VardFGDZPu4

Don't forget the helmsman, little buddy. Any footage of 'Bob 'n' Carol 'n' Bruce 'n' Skipper' ?

DJofSD
11-22-2011, 07:27 AM
Don't forget the helmsman, little buddy. Any footage of 'Bob 'n' Carol 'n' Bruce 'n' Skipper' ?
TCM just air B & C & T & A this last weekend.

The Judge
11-22-2011, 10:05 AM
I remember a big deal being made around that time about someone drowning under similar circumstances on the same type of boat. It was blamed on the exhaust from the boat itself.

It had to do with the placement of the swim platform/ ladder, to close to the exhaust, so when the swimmer came up to get on the platform they breathed the exhaust if the boat motor was on causing them to become unconscious and drown.

I don't remember if this happened in the Wood incident or if it was a different happening all together.

This is from Wikipedia:

Carbon monoxide
In the early 2000s, several high-profile deaths due to carbon monoxide poisoning (CO) led to increased scrutiny of boating habits (especially the practice of towing participants immediately behind a boat, known as "teak surfing" or "platform towing") and the implementation of various warning placards to educate boaters of the hazards arising from these activities. Other CO-related deaths were attributed to high concentrations of CO gas from houseboat generator exhaust, where swimmers were able to access an area near the stern of the boats that collected the exhaust. This has led to improved pollution controls on modern generator sets, and changes in the designs of houseboats so that they discharge exhaust gases in a way that they can dissipate. The increased use of CO detectors, especially in boats with enclosed accommodation spaces, and a proper assessment of boat manufacturers, would help reduce the risk of CO poisonin

davew
02-01-2018, 03:57 PM
still working on this 38 year old case - Wagner is a 'person of interest'

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/apos-were-shattered-apos-robert-164156128.html

thaskalos
02-01-2018, 04:01 PM
They better hurry. Wagner is 87 years old. :rolleyes:

fast4522
02-01-2018, 04:06 PM
They better hurry. Wagner is 87 years old. :rolleyes:

The same can be said about Hillary Clinton, 70

thaskalos
02-01-2018, 04:14 PM
The same can be said about Hillary Clinton, 70

I don't understand. Trump is 71...and you guys have him penciled-in for another 7 years of presidential duty. Why worry about Hillary's age?

boxcar
02-01-2018, 04:20 PM
I don't understand. Trump is 71...and you guys have him penciled-in for another 7 years of presidential duty. Why worry about Hillary's age?

Because Trump doesn't move like a zombie and look like death warmed over?

fast4522
02-01-2018, 04:31 PM

We want to frost liberals balls and lock her up.

thaskalos
02-01-2018, 04:43 PM
We want to frost liberals balls and lock her up.

Does this imply that you conservatives will also get "frosted balls" if Trump is impeached? Speaking for myself...I have more important things to worry about.

Lemon Drop Husker
02-01-2018, 04:51 PM
Does this imply that you conservatives will also get "frosted balls" if Trump is impeached? Speaking for myself...I have more important things to worry about.

Hence 19,741 posts.

You should worry.

One side has a helluva lot of guns.

fast4522
02-01-2018, 04:57 PM

Ask yourself exactly what would that entail, seriously.
Then you will stop making stupid statements because of obviously lack of knowledge of American politics. On the other hand every day several clicks closer to a grand jury are both Clinton's.

Case in point, by virtue of who hired special prosecutor DOJ he is an employee of the government. All employee's of the government are bound to government rules. That you and a few of your ilk are a bit slow on.

Your side has nothing, and it never did. Thousands of captured FBI emails reflect that the only collusion that occurred was with the democrats, DNC, and the Clinton's.

Hey Gus, have a nice weekend and I hope you catch a few winners.

Nutz and Boltz
02-01-2018, 05:03 PM
Then you will stop making stupid statements because of obviously lack of knowledge of American politics. On the other hand every day several clicks closer to a grand jury are both Clinton's.

Case in point, by virtue of who hired special prosecutor DOJ he is an employee of the government. All employee's of the government are bound to government rules. That you and a few of your ilk are a bit slow on.

Your side has nothing, and it never did. Thousands of captured FBI emails reflect that the only collusion that occurred was with the democrats, DNC, and the Clinton's.

Poor Natalie Wood , people only care that she was maybe murdered for a few minutes before the subject gets changed.

Tom
02-01-2018, 05:13 PM

Trump can still navigate CURBS! :lol:

btw, 11 more years.
Going to FDR 'em eventually.

Clocker
02-01-2018, 05:19 PM

btw, 11 more years.

Given Trump's attention span, I can't see anything past 4, with the last one in Obama short-timer mode. People think he plays a lot of golf now, wait for it. :rolleyes:

barahona44
02-01-2018, 05:40 PM

btw, 11 more years.

The 22nd Admendment got overturned?
Man, I gotta start watching the evening news again..

thaskalos
02-01-2018, 05:48 PM

What exactly were my "stupid statements"...which revealed my obvious "lack of knowledge of American politics"? Me saying that I couldn't care less if Hillary goes to jail...or if Trump gets impeached? Friend...I have lived here for 45 years...and I've seen American presidents come and go. None of them helped me out in the least...nor do I depend on any of them for my daily bread. Whether democrat or republican...all the presidents are a joke, as far as I am concerned.

"My side has nothing"...you say :lol:. "My side" is a small group consisting only of myself and my family. That's where my loyalty lies. Our two main political parties can turn to DUST...and I won't miss them in the least. I let "intelligent" guys like yourself worry about such "important matters". :rolleyes:

Oh...and I hope you have a nice and profitable weekend, as well.

fast4522
02-01-2018, 06:33 PM
You asked a question, the simple answer is they would have to flood the congress with democrats plus have a legitimate reason. NOT going to happen, the left has no play period. Notice Gus I wished you well at the races, nothing personal you know.

fast4522
02-01-2018, 06:41 PM
Poor Natalie Wood , people only care that she was maybe murdered for a few minutes before the subject gets changed.

There is reasonable doubt that a murder occurred, liqueur and boats can be just as bad as liqueur and cars. Because of that reasonable doubt no charges in all these years.

Nutz and Boltz
02-01-2018, 09:04 PM
The 22nd Admendment got overturned?
Man, I gotta start watching the evening news again..

Maybe he could talk either Junior or Ivanka into running in 2024. That way he could stay in power through them. ;)

Tom
02-02-2018, 10:16 AM
Maybe he could talk either Junior or Ivanka into running in 2024. That way he could stay in power through them. ;)

Ah yes, the old Clinton playbook.

Roosevelt - Kennedy - Bush - almost Clinton
We have to address this - no family should ever be allowed to serve repeatedly like this.

This how the worlds so-called royal families become despots.
Got to prevent it, no matter the party.

fast4522
02-02-2018, 09:22 PM
Ah yes, the old Clinton playbook.

Roosevelt - Kennedy - Bush - almost Clinton
We have to address this - no family should ever be allowed to serve repeatedly like this.

This how the worlds so-called royal families become despots.
Got to prevent it, no matter the party.

You have to love how fast and slick the President ended low energy Jeb.