PDA

View Full Version : Nascar

llegend39
11-21-2011, 07:04 AM
You got to love those crazy nascar fans:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/11/michelle-obama-dr-jill-biden-draw-boos-at-nascar-event/

Robert Goren
11-21-2011, 08:35 AM
Previously NASCAR fans have gotten very little respect here, but I am sure this will raise them in the eyes of some here.

cj
11-21-2011, 08:48 AM
That was some finish. First race I watched most of all year.

JustRalph
11-21-2011, 09:56 AM
That was some finish. First race I watched most of all year.
Ditto...........Tony Stewart was incredible on restarts. I was kind of cheering for Edwards though..........

cj
11-21-2011, 09:57 AM
Ditto...........Tony Stewart was incredible on restarts. I was kind of cheering for Edwards though..........

I've been a Stewart fan since Terry Labonte faded out. I couldn't find two more different types to root for I don't think!

newtothegame
11-21-2011, 10:13 AM
Tony had driven for our company for many years. Too bad he and JGR had a disagreement on chevy vs Toyota.
I have always liked him since he came up under the Home Depot name.
Met him in Baton Rouge some years ago. Very nice young man who took several HOURS to sign all of the managers items (even after several hours of signing for the public).
Great race and great chamionship run. He just refused to lose!
GEAUX TONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
congrats.
Edwards, felt bad for him as he also seems like a real classy guy. I was just happy that the race came down to he two who could win! Worked out well although I still disagree with the scoring. Tony WINS five races of the ten and wins on a TIE breaker???
:bang:

cj
11-21-2011, 10:51 AM
Tony WINS five races of the ten and wins on a TIE breaker???
:bang:

I mentioned that a few races ago when he had 4. I'm not sure what gets tweaked more often, NASCAR scoring or the BCS formula, and they both suck.

PhantomOnTour
11-21-2011, 10:56 AM
I used to follow NASCAR until the only driver i truly liked had a terrible wreck and bad head injury....never the same after that.

Ernie Irvan

EDIT: interesting note about Irvan...he owns El Cardenal Farm and is active in the Equestrian Club of Charleston, SC. :ThmbUp: