PDA

View Full Version : How do I do Beyers

WORKFORCE
11-20-2011, 02:29 PM
Hey guys,

What's the calculations in excel to do Beyers chart?

Where do I start? for example do I start with the average time at a distance then work upwards to a Beyer of 130

socantra
11-29-2011, 12:31 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Beyer-Speed-Andrew/dp/0395673909/ref=tmm_hrd_title_0

Overlay
11-29-2011, 06:48 PM
Beyer explained it in Picking Winners, also. I thought of posting that, but I had been trying (without success) to find a reference on the Web that contained the procedure itself, rather than directing Workforce to a book that he would have to buy (or at least find in a library).

Longshot
11-30-2011, 10:47 AM
The charts at the link below should help you with building Beyer Speed figs.

Please note the difference between one and two turn mile races figs.

http://www.angelfire.com/la2/wahoo/AB.SPRC.html

Some_One
11-30-2011, 11:23 PM
Learn how to make speed figures, but don't even think about doing them yourself, way too time intensive, and won't give you that much of an edge, if any at all.

Robert Goren
12-01-2011, 12:34 AM
Learn how to make speed figures, but don't even think about doing them yourself, way too time intensive, and won't give you that much of an edge, if any at all.Amen to that. One curcuit done right is all most a full time job by its self. The "free" numbers are pretty good. Numbers that buy like those from CJ's are very good. It is unlikely that you can do very better yourself than even the "free" numbers.

Some_One
12-01-2011, 01:40 AM
Agreed, I just say to learn them only so you can understand what a speed figure is and what it is suppose to represent, it will help you use them, no matter what figures you use.

Edit: For example, Uncle Moe's 11X Beyer in the Kelso, this is what I said about his performance (and resulting speed figure)
".....he had everything his way today (speed favouring sealed track, mile distance, lack of early pressure, more time off leading into it, one turn race, home racetrack/circuit)...he got everything he likes today, and will have none of it in the BC Classic"