PDA

View Full Version : The Super Committee, or Morons, inc. ?

Tom
11-20-2011, 10:09 AM
The deadline for a final plan to the COB is tonight, and they have thus far accomplished nothing and have no plans to meet today, and do plan to gone on vacation for Thanksgiving. I think we all knew the fix was in on this from Day 1 - no plan was ever expected or worked on.

But, if the mandated reductions do kick in, and our military budget is cut to the point we are all at risk, then, as a citizen, I demand that the exact same percentage cuts are applied to the Secret Service budget. We must ALL share the sacrifice. If we can do without in the military, we can do without in the SS.

Robert Goren
11-20-2011, 10:30 AM
None cut will take effect until Jan 1, 2012. For those who want real cuts to our budgets, having the super committee do nothing is your best hope. As for the Military budget, I am hopeful that means we will get our troops out places like Germany where they are no longer need. We got too many troops overseas doing nothing but support the local economy. To make matters worse, Obama just announced that he send more to of all places, Australia. God only knows the logic behind that. I think we should cut the size of army in half and put the rest of them all on our southern border.

Tom
11-20-2011, 10:33 AM
Bobby, you may be the first, and only, person to ever use the words Obama and logic in the same paragraph.

Mike at A+
11-20-2011, 10:46 AM
Was anyone really naive enough to believe we wouldn't get gridlock when putting 6 Democrats and 6 Republicans in the same room to discuss money?

murph8
11-20-2011, 10:47 AM
i agree these people are morons :mad:

johnhannibalsmith
11-20-2011, 10:52 AM
None cut will take effect until Jan 1, 2012. For those who want real cuts to our budgets, having the super committee do nothing is your best hope. As for the Military budget, I am hopeful that means we will get our troops out places like Germany where they are no longer need. We got too many troops overseas doing nothing but support the local economy. To make matters worse, Obama just announced that he send more to of all places, Australia. God only knows the logic behind that. I think we should cut the size of army in half and put the rest of them all on our southern border.

Think of it as part of the stimulus. Shovel ready jobs.

DJofSD
11-20-2011, 11:07 AM
The entire thing is a huge head fake. The media and the public took it, hook, line and sinker.

ArlJim78
11-20-2011, 11:24 AM
No thinking person gave this idea any chance whatsoever.

the super committee was a success in one respect though, generating an unprecedented level of interest and attention from corporate lobbyists. I can only imagine how many remarkably timed "investments" will be made by the members of this committee and their staffs.:rolleyes:

JustRalph
11-20-2011, 12:14 PM
Goren, if you don't understand the Troops in Australia, buy a globe.

I put this Super Committee crap on Boehner. He agreed to this crap

FantasticDan
11-20-2011, 12:30 PM
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-november-16-2011/superbad

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

bigmack
11-21-2011, 12:19 AM
They've got a lot of gall calling this bunch "super."

Taxes, again? I hear the 6 goofs want ALL Bush tax rates to expire permanently. FINE. Let them all. Including those for us lower middle class folk.

Bring it.

boxcar
11-21-2011, 12:38 AM
The Dems want no deals to be made. This way they get to blame the Republicans for the gridlock. It's all political game.

Boxcar

bigmack
11-21-2011, 12:49 AM
I heard Herman Munster on Meet the Press say they even threw out an agreement to lower Corporate taxes immediately if they would agree to kibosh BT rates.

Clearly, they want 'in' on the biggest no-brainer going. LOWER the Corp tax rate.

http://cdn1.beeffco.com/files/poll-images/normal/john-kerry_8938.jpg

Anticipation. Ala. Heinz Ketchup. :ThmbUp:

"Honey, try and look at the camera"
"I am"

murph8
11-21-2011, 05:25 PM
morons :lol:

Johnny V
11-21-2011, 05:30 PM
Morons. No guts.

Tom
11-21-2011, 09:26 PM
Our only hope is to vote out every stinking POS in congress today. Everyone.
The current government is the enemy and must be dissolved. It has no integrity, ethics, and is worthy of no one's respect.

Greyfox
11-21-2011, 09:32 PM
Absence of leadership was a key factor.

Tom
11-21-2011, 09:40 PM
The leadership was there.
The dollar. Every one of them is bought and paid for.

But you are correct, the performance of Obama has been the most disgusting failure of a president ion modern times. He has shown himself to be less than worthless. He couldn't lead flies to poop.

delayjf
11-21-2011, 10:00 PM
To make matters worse, Obama just announced that he send more to of all places, Australia. God only knows the logic behind that.

I have not read this anywhere but, I'm thinking they will be closing Okinawa soon. The base in the Phillipines gone and then Okinawa, they need somewhere to re-establish an overseas base in that region - expecially with the emergence of China.

Tom
11-21-2011, 10:13 PM
Strategically, a base close to China is a good idea.
It will be a local call when we call to beg for an extension on our monthly payments.

johnhannibalsmith
11-21-2011, 10:19 PM
Strategically, a base close to China is a good idea.
It will be a local call when we call to beg for an extension on our monthly payments.

:lol:

woot! (text added for compliance)