PDA

View Full Version : holy crap what a day of football

toussaud
11-20-2011, 12:09 AM
Arknasas went from hoping we could beat lsu and hoping we could somehow jump bama, to controlling theiro own national championship destiny in less than 24 hours.

the top 3 teams in the country tomrorow will be from the SEC West.

the 2, 4, and 5 teams all lost.

RG3 is the best player i have seen in college since vick. not even close. dude is going to be a beast in the NFL

ElKabong
11-20-2011, 12:16 AM
RG3 is the best player i have seen in college since vick. not even close. dude is going to be a beast in the NFL

Two words,,,,Vince Young (two more, National Championship)

Hopefully RG3 will have an OC in the NFL that designs an offense around his skills. I know I would. RG3 is a very special talent, have posted here before he's the best player in the nation. Desereving of the heisman, but not sure the (lack of a) hype machine out of Waco can get it for him.

As for the MNC, just pick 2 of the 3 best teams in the $ec west play for it....none of the other teams seem to be up to the task

toussaud
11-20-2011, 12:47 AM
here are 4 scenarios here

1. arkansas loses to lsu, lsu beats georgia

lsu v. bama rematch

2. arkansas loses to lsu, lsu loses to georgia

lol, lsu v . bama rematch most likely, though I could see...no no i could not actually. lsu SoS too strong

3. arknasas beats lsu, bama beats georgia

Arkansas v. bama rematch, with lsu going to the sugar bowl

4. arknasas beats lsu, bama loses to georgia

all hell breaks lose, arknasas versus lsu again in the NC game

i don't see any scenario where this anything but a SEC WEst game in the NC game

ElKabong
11-20-2011, 01:07 AM
I agree, a SEC west team is in regardless, even if UGa wins in Atlanta

PhantomOnTour
11-20-2011, 01:34 AM
Are the top 3 ranked teams in the country all out of the SEC West?

Style.....

PhantomOnTour
11-20-2011, 01:57 AM
By the way, did anyone hear Corso drop the F-bomb on live TV this morning during GameDay?

Awesome

toussaud
11-20-2011, 02:01 AM
Basically next week's game on CBS is an NCAA final 4 of sorts

the only possible wah it's not an ALL SEC NC game at this point is if somehow Okie state is number 3, only dropping one spot off their loss, and beats OU, and then jumps to number 2

Robert Goren
11-20-2011, 06:41 AM
I hope we don't get a rematch of game already played for the national championship. The worst would be a LSU- ALA rematch. Only an ALA fan could want that. The first game was so ugly that the thought of rematch is enough to make a college football fan want to blind himself.

Canarsie
11-20-2011, 08:02 AM
By the way, did anyone hear Corso drop the F-bomb on live TV this morning during GameDay?

Awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOBryz4sbm8

Canarsie
11-20-2011, 08:04 AM
Robert Griffin III to Terrence Williams TD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0Jg96SEVEk&noredirect=1

cj
11-20-2011, 12:32 PM
With all the other losses, OSU could move right back into the topic with a resounding win over OU in two weeks. There has to be a little sympathy for playing the same day they learned of a terrible tragedy involving people they know.

There is no way Alabama should get a rematch with LSU after losing at home to them. It just doesn't seem fair to LSU.

PhantomOnTour
11-20-2011, 12:44 PM
With all the other losses, OSU could move right back into the topic with a resounding win over OU in two weeks. There has to be a little sympathy for playing the same day they learned of a terrible tragedy involving people they know.

There is no way Alabama should get a rematch with LSU after losing at home to them. It just doesn't seem fair to LSU.
The certainly could.
Listen, Arkansas has the type of O that gives LSU fits and if they can put up 31 or so the Tigers will have a struggle on their hands.
I also think this LSU team is just badder and bigger than them all except for Bama...that Trent Richardson is an unbelievable runner. I do not want to play Alabama again.
But Arkansas comes first...i think if LSU beats them it doesn't even matter if they lose the SEC Title game to Georgia. They are in, but going undefeated would be nice.

I am going to be at Aqu racetrack for next Friday's races & the LSU-Arky game is smack dab in the middle of the card...hmmm???
What to do...? Split my time ofcourse.
Just in case any Tiger fans will be in NYC next Friday a large contingent of LSU faithful will be gathering at Legends bar somewher near the Empire St Building to watch the game.

RaceBookJoe
11-20-2011, 05:34 PM
sad news.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/RIP-Garrett-Uekman-Arkansas-tight-end-found-dea?urn=ncaaf-wp10285

ElKabong
11-20-2011, 05:55 PM
Robert Griffin III to Terrence Williams TD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0Jg96SEVEk&noredirect=1

Timeout? Did I do that?

Canarsie
11-20-2011, 07:49 PM

Let me flip a few things arguments sake. What happens if Arkansas beats LSU? Oklahoma beat OSU? Who are the top two? Throw in more if you like for debate purposes. No matter how you shake it this is a year for a playoff I can see U.S. Senators get involved in this.

All I know even though I can't stand him Lane Kiffen is probably the best college coach out there with the job he's done. After what the Harbaugh's performances he should be a hot commodity. Surely he would feel no guilt breaking another contract.

toussaud
11-20-2011, 07:53 PM
sad news.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/RIP-Garrett-Uekman-Arkansas-tight-end-found-dea?urn=ncaaf-wp10285
i know his family quite well, we grew up in the same neighborhood. real good kid. very sad.

toussaud
11-20-2011, 07:55 PM
Let me flip a few things arguments sake. What happens if Arkansas beats LSU? Oklahoma beat OSU? Who are the top two? Throw in more if you like for debate purposes. No matter how you shake it this is a year for a playoff I can see U.S. Senators get involved in this.

All I know even though I can't stand him Lane Kiffen is probably the best college coach out there with the job he's done. After what the Harbaugh's performances he should be a hot commodity. Surely he would feel no guilt breaking another contract.
if arknasas beats lsu the most likely scenario is bama going to the SECCG and if they win, playing arknasas in a rematch in the BCSNG

this system is so freaking broke

either lsu or arknasas is going to be in the cap one bowl. a legit top 5 team.

whereas you have Cincinnati, who got drummed by the worst team int he SEC, fighting it out for a BCS spot. makes no sense.

witchdoctor
11-20-2011, 09:32 PM
here are 4 scenarios here

1. arkansas loses to lsu, lsu beats georgia

lsu v. bama rematch

2. arkansas loses to lsu, lsu loses to georgia

lol, lsu v . bama rematch most likely, though I could see...no no i could not actually. lsu SoS too strong

3. arknasas beats lsu, bama beats georgia

Arkansas v. bama rematch, with lsu going to the sugar bowl

4. arknasas beats lsu, bama loses to georgia

all hell breaks lose, arknasas versus lsu again in the NC game

i don't see any scenario where this anything but a SEC WEst game in the NC game

Another scenario

Arkansas beats LSU. Auburn finds a way to beat Alabama. Arkansas loses to Georgia.

Georgia gets a BCS bid. Who else gets a bid out of the SEC? I think only 2 schools from a conference can go to a BCS game. At least that what the rules were last year.

toussaud
11-20-2011, 09:37 PM
it would most likely be an lsu /okie state BCS NC if okie state wins. if they don't it would be okie state / va tech

if both somehow lost, it would go to Standford if they beat norte dame

and if somehow all three of those scenarios didn't play out you would most likely get a bama/ lsu rematch

Marlin
11-20-2011, 11:00 PM

AwesomeI had to rewind the DVR a few times to make sure I heard what I heard. LOL I love that show.

Give me a 16 team bracket and you will see sh** you've never seen. That would be immense.