PDA

View Full Version : Big Loss Bob (Stoops) and Lay Down Mack strike again

ElKabong
11-20-2011, 12:08 AM
He's done some bonehead things before, but this one takes the prize.

Calls a timeout, with Robert Griffin on the field? With 50 tics left? Tie game? When BU is out of timeouts?? Are you kidding me???

I've heard a lot of 0u fans (many are friends and acquantances) knock Mack for underperforming etc, but I've never seen a bonehead coaching job quite like this one. As a TEXAS fan I'm laughing..., but more to the point I have to wonder WTF he was thinking by giving RG3 free shots to beat 0u?

0u had things going for them big time. Beat Baylor, then oSu, and walk into the MNC game.....it was all set up for them.....and F'n Bobby Stoops does it again. Unbelieveable.

I feel bad for my 0u friends, but not for The Stooper. The guy has a self-destructive bent that I cannot figure out. The momentum was clearly with 0u, why not take it into to OT?...Instead he gives Baylor a freeking timeout, then RG3 does what he does best, moves the ball into the end zone

Game over. Baylor beats 0u.

I'm still in shock :eek:

witchdoctor
11-20-2011, 12:29 AM
I thought when Baylor ran that play, they were setting oU up for a bomb. I guess Stoops didn't see it that way.

maddog42
11-20-2011, 09:03 AM
He's done some bonehead things before, but this one takes the prize.

Calls a timeout, with Robert Griffin on the field? With 50 tics left? Tie game? When BU is out of timeouts?? Are you kidding me???

I've heard a lot of 0u fans (many are friends and acquantances) knock Mack for underperforming etc, but I've never seen a bonehead coaching job quite like this one. As a TEXAS fan I'm laughing..., but more to the point I have to wonder WTF he was thinking by giving RG3 free shots to beat 0u?

0u had things going for them big time. Beat Baylor, then oSu, and walk into the MNC game.....it was all set up for them.....and F'n Bobby Stoops does it again. Unbelieveable.

I feel bad for my 0u friends, but not for The Stooper. The guy has a self-destructive bent that I cannot figure out. The momentum was clearly with 0u, why not take it into to OT?...Instead he gives Baylor a freeking timeout, then RG3 does what he does best, moves the ball into the end zone

Game over. Baylor beats 0u.

I'm still in shock :eek:

Your genuine concern for your OU friends has me all choked up. Tears are streaming down my face onto the newspaper that says Texas lost to K-State.
The box score of that game shows that Texas dominated, but still found a way to lose. Texas held K-state to 86 yards midway through the 3rd quarter.Turnovers I guess. There is a word for teams who dominate statistically but still find a way to lose..... Nah, I won't go there. My good buddy Elk always takes the high road and so will I. What do you think the percentage is that Texas will lose its final 2 games. 40%? 50%? The hatred and animosity for A&M toward Texas might be unmatched, and Thursday will be here before you know it. There is a very real chance that Texas will lose its final 4 games and go 6-6....
I feel better already.

slew101
11-20-2011, 09:07 AM
I never thought for a second Stoops was going for 2 points, although before the guard moved, it did look like they were going to run it.

I thought Stoops lined up for 2 simply to get Baylor to burn its last timeout, since they still had 51 seconds left to break the tie with a FG.

The timeout after Baylor runs into the line made no sense, just like the Wisconsin coach did against Michigan State. Even if OU stops them on 3 runs into the line, unless they block the punt, they are getting the ball back in their end with 20 seconds left and no timeouts.

Griffin is way too dangerous to try that.

PhantomOnTour
11-20-2011, 09:17 AM
Looks like the Horns totally blew that one out their asses...
when ya got a shitty program led by a shitty coach what do you expect?

Shit, ofcourse...after all, Longhorns are BORN to be slaughtered right?

murph8
11-20-2011, 10:52 AM
that is why they call him big game bob :bang:

Canarsie
11-20-2011, 11:05 AM
I never thought for a second Stoops was going for 2 points, although before the guard moved, it did look like they were going to run it.

I thought Stoops lined up for 2 simply to get Baylor to burn its last timeout, since they still had 51 seconds left to break the tie with a FG.

The timeout after Baylor runs into the line made no sense, just like the Wisconsin coach did against Michigan State. Even if OU stops them on 3 runs into the line, unless they block the punt, they are getting the ball back in their end with 20 seconds left and no timeouts.

I thought that too before and after the timeout. It just didn't look like they were going to run a play but we'll never know he won't admit it.

canleakid
11-20-2011, 11:46 AM
BEDLAM = BAYLOR :lol:
Baptists Baylor Bears @ home Dec. 3 vs. TEXAS, mack hope you take our A game to Waco :eek:

cj
11-20-2011, 12:24 PM
When your team stinks, always good to start a thread about your much better rival taking a loss. Well played.

OU lost its best player by far last game. He was a huge part of the team's success. I thought Baylor was going to win this game all along. That is how football works.

cj
11-20-2011, 12:26 PM

He clearly was going for two points. Why wouldn't he? The guy had scored three straight touchdowns virtually untouched. When does that happen even once near the goal line, let alone three times?

As for the timeout, that was dumb. I'm not sure what Stoops thought could happen to help. Blocked punt? Certainly not time enough to get the ball and do anything with it. OU doesn't have a kicker that can make one for 40 with any consistency, let alone a 50 yarder.

ElKabong
11-20-2011, 05:51 PM

I thought 0u was going for 2, at least from the body language of the players on the field. I could be wrong.

That was the biggest brain fart of a coaching maneuver I've seen in awhile. Les Miles' clock management fiascos a few yrs back were pretty thick.... This one cost 0u a shot at the MNC.....Unbeleiveable. I still can't believe Stoops gave RG3 a free timeout.

cj
11-20-2011, 06:09 PM
It is obvious they were going for it. What is the advantage to lining up and not doing it? Also, the guy jumping tells you they were as well.

Canarsie
11-20-2011, 08:00 PM
It is obvious they were going for it. What is the advantage to lining up and not doing it? Also, the guy jumping tells you they were as well.

I thought he was trying to make Baylor jump offside to make it a one yard play. Didn't see how much time was on the game clock but it had to be under five seconds max.

This is one debate that I don't think can be finalized.

He said he was going.

Q: Bob, did you plan on going for two because you felt like you couldn't stop them if they got the ball?
Stoops: It's fair to say. In the end I felt confident that they hadn't stopped us in that formation down inside the five the whole game either. We were going.

http://oklahoma.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1296499

cj
11-20-2011, 08:26 PM
This is one debate that I don't think can be finalized
I guess, but if a Guy jumps when the plan is to draw the other team offsides that makes zero sense. When does that ever happen? ( not to mention they snapped the ball, also never happens in that scenario )

ElKabong
11-21-2011, 12:13 AM
I thought he was trying to make Baylor jump offside to make it a one yard play. Didn't see how much time was on the game clock but it had to be under five seconds max.

This is one debate that I don't think can be finalized.

He said he was going.

Q: Bob, did you plan on going for two because you felt like you couldn't stop them if they got the ball?
Stoops: It's fair to say. In the end I felt confident that they hadn't stopped us in that formation down inside the five the whole game either. We were going.

http://oklahoma.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1296499

This is the same head coach (Stoops) that had a #1 ranked team in the 2008 TEXAS-0u game, had field position going for them in the 3rd qtr of a tight game, had the momentum, and decided it would be a good idea to try a fake punt at his own 45....you know the rest, TEXAS stopped the fake short of the marker, then took the momentum and whipped 0u by ten points.

It was ALL TEXAS from there on out.

I was watching the game at home, after that play I got a call from a good buddy who's an OU grad. I picked up the phone, he says "Bob Stoops could **** up a wet dream", and hung up....after we kicked the FG to take the lead I emailed him "Yes he does, Frank. Yes he does".

cj
11-21-2011, 12:23 AM
That was the biggest brain fart of a coaching maneuver I've seen in awhile. Les Miles' clock management fiascos a few yrs back were pretty thick.... This one cost 0u a shot at the MNC.....Unbeleiveable. I still can't believe Stoops gave RG3 a free timeout.

Coaches do this all the time. I'm not saying I would have done it. I wouldn't have. But, it isn't like he is the first person to call time out when it looks like the other team is backed up late in a half or in a game. He won't be the last either. I would bet the percentage of it paying off and the percentages of it hurting you are a push, and both are very low. Most times it doesn't change anything and the game goes to OT.

You are going way overboard here because you hate OU and Stoops.

ElKabong
11-21-2011, 01:25 AM
Coaches do this all the time. I'm not saying I would have done it. I wouldn't have. But, it isn't like he is the first person to call time out when it looks like the other team is backed up late in a half or in a game. He won't be the last either. I would bet the percentage of it paying off and the percentages of it hurting you are a push, and both are very low. Most times it doesn't change anything and the game goes to OT.

Hate? it's such a loaded word....It's like having to say Stoops is sorry :cool:

Look, would you give the best player in football a free timeout in a tie game? "Here, I'll spot you a timeout, 'Mr Best Player In College Football'. Yes, I know. You've torched my over rated defense for 5 touchdown so far tonight, but you, Mr Best Football Player in College Football cannot possibly score again with a minute to go"....

Ergo, this face right here....Stoops is prone to dumb shit like this. Deal with it.

Me? No way I'd give RG3 a free timeout in a tie game. However, I would LMAO at anyone that would

maddog42
11-21-2011, 01:28 AM

Finally a voice of reason amid the hyperbole. I don't think this was that bad of a call. I saw it done last week in the NFL. This time it had a bad result. The fake punt that Stoops did in 08 was a much worse call. Oh yeah 08 that was the same year we lost to Texas and won another Big 12 Championship. Sam Bradford won the Heisman and we set about six ncaa offensive records. And all that Elk can do is remember 1 bad call by Stoops.
I have been cruising the Internet and Hornfans.com seems to be having a meltdown with about a third of the Texas fans saying A&M will be another defeat for the Longhorns.
Another Website makes the valid argument that Mack Brown just might go
6-6, and maybe he should start asking the hard "questions", about the offense etc.
Mack is getting $5million to go 5-7 ?Stoops is getting $4million to go 10-2 last year. The best that Texas can finish is 8-4, and frankly that ain't gonna happen. I believe that OU is getting much better value. Also 7 big 12 titles to Macks 2 in the same period and it is obvious who is the better coach.

Dahoss2002
11-21-2011, 01:30 AM
Call him what you may, he owns the "flagship" school of Texas.

maddog42
11-21-2011, 01:52 AM
If Mack loses a few more games his Flagship may be in North Carolina.
How much more time does Mack deserve ? This is the title of a thread over at Hornfans. It is getting a surprising number of Posts, and some of them are crying for Mack's head. I don't think they would dare fire Mack Brown so close to winning a National Championship, but stranger things have happened.

http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=6439671&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=

Dahoss2002
11-21-2011, 03:46 AM
If Mack loses a few more games his Flagship may be in North Carolina.
How much more time does Mack deserve ? This is the title of a thread over at Hornfans. It is getting a surprising number of Posts, and some of them are crying for Mack's head. I don't think they would dare fire Mack Brown so close to winning a National Championship, but stranger things have happened.

http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=6439671&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=
I should have been more clear. I
meant Stoops owns UT and Brown for that matter LMAO

Canarsie
11-21-2011, 08:50 AM
I guess, but if a Guy jumps when the plan is to draw the other team offsides that makes zero sense. When does that ever happen? ( not to mention they snapped the ball, also never happens in that scenario )

I consider you a really smart sports guy I'll throw this up to you. When the offensive team goes to a hard count or the receivers aren't set my hunch is that the offense has a false start 65-75% percent of the time. It's really hard for a lineman (especially college) to hold his stance every additional second that ticks away.

It's redboarding but if I was going it would be on a quick count there's less of a chance of something bad happening. The crowd noise is working against him being on the road. I'm not knocking the two point try just the way it was attempted.

I'm not a big fan of Stoops in my opinion he has underachieved with all the talent he recruits. He's almost always in the top five at the beginning of the season yet hardly get to play for the BCS Championship. On the hand Oklahoma State has done a remarkable job considering their not the big guy in town.

cj
11-21-2011, 09:12 AM
I consider you a really smart sports guy I'll throw this up to you. When the offensive team goes to a hard count or the receivers aren't set my hunch is that the offense has a false start 65-75% percent of the time. It's really hard for a lineman (especially college) to hold his stance every additional second that ticks away.

It's redboarding but if I was going it would be on a quick count there's less of a chance of something bad happening. The crowd noise is working against him being on the road. I'm not knocking the two point try just the way it was attempted.

I'm not a big fan of Stoops in my opinion he has underachieved with all the talent he recruits. He's almost always in the top five at the beginning of the season yet hardly get to play for the BCS Championship. On the hand Oklahoma State has done a remarkable job considering their not the big guy in town.

It really isn't hard to maintain that stance if they are only trying to draw the team offsides. That is the only reason I mentioned it. If you know that is the plan, you don't move, period. I'm saying no way that was the plan here, that is all. I agree a long count wasn't very smart.

As for Stoops, I'm not a fan, but he has played for a lot of National Championships, he just has only won one of them. I only comment on OU games because I'm here and I see them and I know the team. When they lose, it sure makes talk radio a lot of fun.

maddog42
11-21-2011, 09:12 AM

Stoops has played for the NC 4 times in 13 years. He has won 1 and lost 3.
He has played for the NC more than any other coach, in that period, albeit with luke warm success. He has been named in the top 3 of national coaches by bleacher report about 3 times, at least. Stoops has won coach of the year.

cj
11-21-2011, 09:14 AM
To the original post, if it was so dumb to call timeout, why was Briles running out the clock in the first place?

Canarsie
11-21-2011, 12:32 PM
Stoops has played for the NC 4 times in 13 years. He has won 1 and lost 3.
He has played for the NC more than any other coach, in that period, albeit with luke warm success. He has been named in the top 3 of national coaches by bleacher report about 3 times, at least. Stoops has won coach of the year.

The guy recruits the best talent out there as far as I know. My knowledge of the recruitment process is at best "poor". But every season that I can remember he is always the the top five pre season.

When you have the top talent you should make the top three. The problem is when he faces the other two he is in over his head. He probably is more remembered for losing to Boise State in overtime then anything else.

cj
11-21-2011, 12:46 PM
The guy recruits the best talent out there as far as I know. My knowledge of the recruitment process is at best "poor". But every season that I can remember he is always the the top five pre season.

When you have the top talent you should make the top three. The problem is when he faces the other two he is in over his head. He probably is more remembered for losing to Boise State in overtime then anything else.

I think you are overrating his recruiting classes. He isn't in Texas, or Florida.

Here are the rankings on Rivals.com for the past few years. He does well, but other teams do less with more.

2012: 9
2011: 14
2010: 7
2009: 13
2008: 6
2007: 14
2006: 9

For example, Texas:

2012: 1
2011: 3
2010: 3
2009: 5
2008: 14
2007: 5
2006: 5

Canarsie
11-21-2011, 02:15 PM
I think you are overrating his recruiting classes. He isn't in Texas, or Florida.

Here are the rankings on Rivals.com for the past few years. He does well, but other teams do less with more.

For example, Texas:

Looks like I stand corrected won't be the last time. Maybe its all the hype I see on television when they talk about the teams before the season starts.

That really doesn't speak well of Texas maybe I should duck.

cj
11-21-2011, 04:37 PM
Looks like I stand corrected won't be the last time. Maybe its all the hype I see on television when they talk about the teams before the season starts.

That really doesn't speak well of Texas maybe I should duck.

Hard to say if the results show one is a better coach or if the Rivals.com ratings stink. It is very rare when OU is rated above Texas by any of these supposed recruiting services though.

maddog42
11-21-2011, 06:27 PM

Lets talk about a guy who I think should be National Coach of the year. A coach who has no talent to speak of. Who is one of only 2 active coaches (in the big 12) to have a winning record against Texas (Stoops is the other one).

Bill Snyder. The unnamed source in the posted link says that he would rather take over Kansas than K-State because Gill left more talent behind. He may be correct.Snyder took over the Worst program in college football and along with a couple of guys named Stoops, Mangino and Leavitt, made it into a consistent winner. Switzer said it was the best coaching job he had ever seen. Now he has done it again. The guy is a winner period.

"The Wildcats, picked to finish eighth in the league, are instead 13th in the country after rallying to beat Texas A&M in quadruple overtime. That he's done it without any well-regarded recruiting classes adds to the wonder."

His own roster

"One longtime Sunflower State football observer recently said he'd much rather take over for Kansas' Turner Gill (who's 0-7 in the Big 12 this year) than for Snyder. The reason? At least Gill will leave behind some players. Snyder has a roster only he can win with."

http://www.chron.com/sports/college/article/Brown-copies-from-Snyder-2275589.php?utm_source=bleacherreport.com&utm_medium=referral

ElKabong
11-21-2011, 10:10 PM

The last Sr classs of 0u's to have a winning record vs TEXAS was 2002's class.

With that fact, and your comment, I'm guessing yOU're an 0u grad, lol

ElKabong
11-21-2011, 10:22 PM

For example, Texas:

2012? We have players on our roster that are in HS playing for UT? News to me! :lol:

In 2008 0u went to the MNC game in a year TEXAS kicked 0u's ass....on the field. Yet 0u went to the mnc game. TEXAS was the better team, deserved to go.

And 0u lost to Florida as everyone expected.

In 2003 0u has it's ass handed to them by Kansas St in the b12 conf title game, yet went to the MNC game instead of USC....And 0u had it's ass handed to them by Saban's LSU defense.

There's 2 games where 0u didn't deserve to play for the MNC. Both times 0U was beaten (and that doesn't include the USC rout when they beat 0u by 60 points or whatever)

So, who was the last non-SEC head coach to win a National Championship? Was it Stoops? (cough cough, laugh laugh). Was it Pete Carroll? Nope. It was Mack Brown.

How about that for a fact, LOL

ElKabong
11-21-2011, 10:30 PM
Coaches do this all the time. I'm not saying I would have done it. I wouldn't have. But, it isn't like he is the first person to call time out when it looks like the other team is backed up late in a half or in a game. He won't be the last either. .

Look at your statement...Read it again...

I look at it like this....the best, or at the least the most dangerous player in CFB is RG3. Why give the guy a timeout, and a chance to beat you? It's stupid.

Joe Montana was the best player of the 80s in the NFL, imo....I can guarantee you that Tom Landry would NOT have called a timeout when SF had the ball with 50 seconds to go. That would be a stupid move.

That's why Landry wouldn't have given it a thought. Why did the Stooper give RG3 a chance to win? B/c it's what he's prone to do.

I'm not flaming, I'm going over what actually happened. Just like 2008, it was uncalled for. To this day I can still see the 0u punter running around for what seemed like 10 seconds weaving thru his own players trying desperately to get 6-7 yards on a fake in a tight game. What idiot calls such a play? With a national title on the line? Seriously?

answer= the same guy that would call a timout with RG3 on the field & a chance to beat his team....That's who

maddog42
11-21-2011, 11:04 PM
2012? We have players on our roster that are in HS playing for UT? News to me! :lol:

In 2008 0u went to the MNC game in a year TEXAS kicked 0u's ass....on the field. Yet 0u went to the mnc game. TEXAS was the better team, deserved to go.

And 0u lost to Florida as everyone expected.

In 2003 0u has it's ass handed to them by Kansas St in the b12 conf title game, yet went to the MNC game instead of USC....And 0u had it's ass handed to them by Saban's LSU defense.

There's 2 games where 0u didn't deserve to play for the MNC. Both times 0U was beaten (and that doesn't include the USC rout when they beat 0u by 60 points or whatever)

So, who was the last non-SEC head coach to win a National Championship? Was it Stoops? (cough cough, laugh laugh). Was it Pete Carroll? Nope. It was Mack Brown.

How about that for a fact, LOL

Cj was using the 2012 ratings by rivals to show that Mack is again recruiting better than anyone. He did not imply in any way that those recruits had taken the field for texas. You are stretching for an argument point.What kind of nit-picking bullshit are you trying to pull?

In 2008 there was a 3-way tie for the big 12 south. Texas lost to Tech. Ou lost to Texas, and OU crushed Texas by " about 60 points". Losing to Tech looked very bad to the voters and computers.The BCS rankings was used as atie-breaker. These rules were decided before the season started, and were reaffirmed the next year by the big 12. IF Texas wants to play for
an mnc THEY SHOULD WIN MORE GAMES!!!!
Perhaps you read my other post about Snyder. How does a guy with obviously less talent than almost anybody beat Texas ? Fundamental Football
and crazy hard work. Stoops (Mike and Bob) told some amazing stories about their days with Snyder. Mike said he never had to work so hard for anyone.
When we lost the Big 12 title game to K-state (another example of Snyder's coaching prowess) we probably DIDN'T DESERVE to play for an MNC.,
but thats the way the system was set up. What do you do ? You go to New Orleans and try to win the game with a hurt QB. And we almost did.
Injuries have killed OU and Texas this year and that's football.
When you run the table or get 1 loss you are going to be playing against THE BIG BOYS, It is the Buffalo Bills Syndrome except occasionally we win one.

PhantomOnTour
11-21-2011, 11:17 PM
Cj was using the 2012 ratings by rivals to show that Mack is again recruiting better than anyone. He did not imply in any way that those recruits had taken the field for texas. You are stretching for an argument point.What kind of nit-picking bullshit are you trying to pull?
In 2008 there was a 3-way tie for the big 12 south. Texas lost to Tech. Ou lost to Texas, and OU crushed Texas by " about 60 points". Losing to Tech looked very bad to the voters and computers.The BCS rankings was used as atie-breaker. These rules were decided before the season started, and were reaffirmed the next year by the big 12. IF Texas wants to play for
an mnc THEY SHOULD WIN MORE GAMES!!!!
Perhaps you read my other post about Snyder. How does a guy with obviously less talent than almost anybody beat Texas ? Fundamental Football
and crazy hard work. Stoops (Mike and Bob) told some amazing stories about their days with Snyder. Mike said he never had to work so hard for anyone.
When we lost the Big 12 title game to K-state (another example of Snyder's coaching prowess) we probably DIDN'T DESERVE to play for an MNC.,
but thats the way the system was set up. What do you do ? You go to New Orleans and try to win the game with a hurt QB. And we almost did.
Injuries have killed OU and Texas this year and that's football.
When you run the table or get 1 loss you are going to be playing against THE BIG BOYS, It is the Buffalo Bills Syndrome except occasionally we win one.
Dontcha know Maddog that Elkabong is way upset that the Horns are slipping into mediocrity so it makes him feel better to poke his wee poker at other schools...classic childish response, but not unexpected from a Horns fan.

Geaux Tigers...i told y'all to go to the LSU v Oregon game way back when so y'all could see the best team to play in texas all year.
Let's slop dem Hogs!

maddog42
11-21-2011, 11:18 PM
"To this day I can still see the 0u punter running around for what seemed like 10 seconds weaving thru his own players trying desperately to get 6-7 yards on a fake in a tight game. What idiot calls such a play? "

I'll tell you what kind. One with GREAT BIG BALLS. You have conveniently neglected to point out the times THESE PLAYS HAVE WORKED!!! We blew the A&M game wide open a few years back with a fake punt. Maybe that is why Mack is 5-7 against Stoops. I like Bob Stoops with his swagger and bravado and
chutzpah, and he is not afraid to piss off whiney little fans and make mistakes, because that is what this game is about: Courage and toughness and being fearless. You also failed to mention that the play almost worked. We were about a yard shy. BRAVO FOR STOOPS, I bet this makes game planning against him a nightmare.

PhantomOnTour
11-21-2011, 11:26 PM
What was the score when OU played UT this year???

Pace Cap'n
11-21-2011, 11:31 PM
Bill Snyder should be coach of the last half-century. No one outside the Big 8 could appreciate just how bad K-State really was. They were the Zippy Chippy of college football.

On the northbound highway out of Oklahoma City the sign said "Interstate 35". Underneath that someone wrote "Kansas State 0".

ElKabong
11-22-2011, 12:09 AM
love youse guys....Stooper pulls another boneheaded move that costs him a game, the best you can do is poke at UT. Love it :)

2 yrs ago we went to the Natl Championship game. We went 24-2 during a 2 yr span (2008-9). The last 2 yrs have been a rebuilding process, just as 2006 and 2007 was (which led to that 24-2 run). This yr things are going well for a "REBUILDING" year. Watch our games. I like our program better now than after the 2007 season. I'm happy :)

Back to the OP, someone mentioned "someone with balls" would make a call like the ones mentioned....Nope, someone who LOST the games with his decision, did so. That's a fact.

Snyder's a heckuva coach, no doubt. Had a chance at a nat'l title 1998, but # 10 A&M upset them in the b12 title game. Still one of the biggest upsets I've ever seen. No one gave the ags a chance vs #1 ranked KSU that day. RC Slocum & staff did a great coaching/ scheming job that game.

maddog42
11-22-2011, 12:48 AM
love youse guys....Stooper pulls another boneheaded move that costs him a game, the best you can do is poke at UT. Love it :)

2 yrs ago we went to the Natl Championship game. We went 24-2 during a 2 yr span (2008-9). The last 2 yrs have been a rebuilding process, just as 2006 and 2007 was (which led to that 24-2 run). This yr things are going well for a "REBUILDING" year. Watch our games. I like our program better now than after the 2007 season. I'm happy :)

Back to the OP, someone mentioned "someone with balls" would make a call like the ones mentioned....Nope, someone who LOST the games with his decision, did so. That's a fact.

Snyder's a heckuva coach, no doubt. Had a chance at a nat'l title 1998, but # 10 A&M upset them in the b12 title game. Still one of the biggest upsets I've ever seen. No one gave the ags a chance vs #1 ranked KSU that day. RC Slocum & staff did a great coaching/ scheming job that game.

Rebuilding Huh? For most elite programs 8-4 is a rebuilding year, not 5-7. 5-7 means you suck.For OU under Stoops 8-4 is rebuilding. I know we set an impossible standard at OU and we are spoiled, but that happens when you win a lot.
When you started this thread with that initial post about a bad decision in the Baylor game I thought you were certainly mostly correct. But a constant
continuous attack on OU and Stoops was unwarranted. You seem to be implying that Stoops can't coach at all, and that is just plain stupid. Texas took the first step in rebuilding this year with a big improvemnt on defense in the last few games. Texas will certainly be back under Mack. Maybe then some of the bitterness and jealousy toward OU will sibside.

cj
11-22-2011, 12:49 AM

All I am saying is that the same move Stoops tried has been done countless times before at the college and pro level. I'm sure it has been done by better coaches then him. This time it didn't work. Sometimes it does. As I said, I wouldn't have done it in that situation. However, I think Stoops wanted no parts of overtime as evidenced by the 2 point attempt gone wrong. For whatever reason, he didn't like his chances.

maddog42
11-22-2011, 12:56 AM
Dontcha know Maddog that Elkabong is way upset that the Horns are slipping into mediocrity so it makes him feel better to poke his wee poker at other schools...classic childish response, but not unexpected from a Horns fan.

Geaux Tigers...i told y'all to go to the LSU v Oregon game way back when so y'all could see the best team to play in texas all year.
Let's slop dem Hogs!

Phantom, I don't like LSU or its coach (bad blood from his OSU days) but you were certainly right back in August. Good luck against Arkansas!!

Dahoss2002
11-22-2011, 03:30 AM
The last Sr classs of 0u's to have a winning record vs TEXAS was 2002's class.

With that fact, and your comment, I'm guessing yOU're an 0u grad, lol
Since we're talking Stoops, I'm talking Stoops vs Texas and Mack Brown. And yes, Stoops owns UT and Brown. Check the record with your UT education. HTF do you come up with SR classes????? WTF are u trying to say?

Canarsie
11-22-2011, 08:18 AM
Lets talk about a guy who I think should be National Coach of the year. A coach who has no talent to speak of. Who is one of only 2 active coaches (in the big 12) to have a winning record against Texas (Stoops is the other one).

You get no argument from me I have always felt that a coach of a non "elite" school in a conference has far more talent in his profession.

Chizik with Auburn, Synder, Schnellenberger even though Miami was an independent are among many, many more who get maximum effort of the talent available to them.

I'm sure some will debate Chizik but the fact remains he won a BCS national championship which is the exact same number that Stoops and Brown have.

Robert Goren
11-22-2011, 10:47 AM
You guys ought to know by now that there is reasoning with somebody from Texas.:bang: :bang:

cj
11-22-2011, 11:28 AM
Since we're talking Stoops, I'm talking Stoops vs Texas and Mack Brown. And yes, Stoops owns UT and Brown. Check the record with your UT education. HTF do you come up with SR classes????? WTF are u trying to say?

This is how they spin things in Austin to feel better. I don't see to many 5-7 records on the Stoops resume. Rebuilding in college? That is funny! They'll probably go 7-6 or 8-5 this year. Looking at those recruiting classes, that just isn't very good no matter how elk tries to spin it.

cj
11-22-2011, 11:29 AM
You get no argument from me I have always felt that a coach of a non "elite" school in a conference has far more talent in his profession.

Chizik with Auburn, Synder, Schnellenberger even though Miami was an independent are among many, many more who get maximum effort of the talent available to them.

I'm sure some will debate Chizik but the fact remains he won a BCS national championship which is the exact same number that Stoops and Brown have.

It is tough to say. Different coaches are cut out for different things. Some handle talent better than others. It is possible Snyder would underachieve with elite program talent because his style isn't geared to that. He is a hell of a coach, but you just never know.

Canarsie
11-22-2011, 11:48 AM
It is tough to say. Different coaches are cut out for different things. Some handle talent better than others. It is possible Snyder would underachieve with elite program talent because his style isn't geared to that. He is a hell of a coach, but you just never know.

True maybe I should have also added his staff. They are the ones preparing the individual units of the team for the game.

Look at Saban and Spurrier in the NFL it didn't get them the results he expected.

I still find it amazing that is you say the name "Snyder" lots of people will recognize it considering he always taking a backseat to the higher profile teams in the conference. That's when you know your doing a pretty damn good job.

ElKabong
11-22-2011, 10:35 PM

OK, you're an Okie so I'll say it again... :)

The last 0u senior class to have a winning record vs TEXAS was the 2002 class (own? i think not).

Hey, yOU'll always have those five consecutive BCS bowl game losses to keep you happy!

ElKabong
11-22-2011, 10:39 PM

Something else to consider about Chizik....He was the DC for Auburn when they went undefeated in 2004....He was also the DC for the Longhorns in their undefeated, national championship season in 2005.

And to think some on this board were railing on Aubrinn for choosing Chizik over Turner Gill when Tubby was let go.

ElKabong
11-22-2011, 10:51 PM
This is how they spin things in Austin to feel better. .

Nah, we just laugh at BigLoss Bob when his dumbass game-losing decisions backfire.

Funny, weren't you one of those posting the same "TEXAS is dead" mantra after 2006 and 2007? You know, all recruiting, no game?....Then TEXAS goes on a 24-2 tear after that. Great call, cj! :lol:

Mack and UT...The last coach, and last team not from the SEC to win the national championship. That suits me fine. Bobby had a chance this year (even with that loss to Tech, ROTFLMAO), but you saw what happened Saturday night...He gave RG3 a timeout, Baylor turns the timeout into a crushing defeat.

It was beautiful.

Maybe at RG3's Heisman presentation Billy Sims can get drunk and yell "Boomer ...Boomer.." like he did when Bradford was called up. Poor Sam (a good guy), was embarrassed by Sims....

I can see it now...RG3 walks up to the stage after his name is called, looks at Billy Sims and gives his the "timeout" signal, grabs his own crotch, gives it a tug, and winks at Sims and mouths the words "who's Stoops' daddy" at him :) ...then takes the Heisman and walks off the stage.

That's how i see it playing out, myself.

cj
11-23-2011, 12:26 AM
Funny, weren't you one of those posting the same "TEXAS is dead" mantra after 2006 and 2007? You know, all recruiting, no game?....Then TEXAS goes on a 24-2 tear after that. Great call, cj! :lol:

No, I don't believe I ever posted anything like that in 2006/07. Feel free to use the search function and pull a few up if I'm wrong.

As for the rest, just more taking pleasure in another team losing when yours stinks. Aren't you the same guy that said you didn't mind the Rangers choking away the Series against an inferior team for the second year in a row? I can see now why you have that attitude. You've adapted your expectations to stave off depression.

Me, I'm a lifelong Orioles fan. They suck, and have for awhile. I don't hang my hat on the Yankees losing as a way to get pleasure, but you do whatever you have to do to feel better.

Something tells me unlike your post, RGIII has way too much class to do a crotch grab. He is a great kid. Wonder how he wound up at Baylor? Maybe Mack should have sent him a letter instead of that soon to transfer Gilbert, eh?

Dahoss2002
11-23-2011, 03:24 AM
OK, you're an Okie so I'll say it again... :)

The last 0u senior class to have a winning record vs TEXAS was the 2002 class (own? i think not).

Hey, yOU'll always have those five consecutive BCS bowl game losses to keep you happy!

I know the Red River Rivalry isn't that big a deal cuz OU does not have a quality opponent to test them, but Big Game Bob wins that one pretty regular. You already knew that of course cuz u watch the Longhorn network :lol:

ElKabong
11-24-2011, 12:10 AM
I know the Red River Rivalry isn't that big a deal cuz OU does not have a quality opponent to test them, but Big Game Bob wins that one pretty regular. You already knew that of course cuz u watch the Longhorn network :lol:

If Big Loss Bob wins it regularly, why hasn't he had a Senior class own a winning record vs TEXAS since 2002? Mack has had some vs 0u. Bob? Notsomuch.

ElKabong
11-24-2011, 12:26 AM
No, I don't believe I ever posted anything like that in 2006/07. Feel free to use the search function and pull a few up if I'm wrong.

As for the rest, just more taking pleasure in another team losing when yours stinks. Aren't you the same guy that said you didn't mind the Rangers choking away the Series against an inferior team for the second year in a row? I can see now why you have that attitude. You've adapted your expectations to stave off depression.

Me, I'm a lifelong Orioles fan. They suck, and have for awhile. I don't hang my hat on the Yankees losing as a way to get pleasure, but you do whatever you have to do to feel better.

Something tells me unlike your post, RGIII has way too much class to do a crotch grab. He is a great kid. Wonder how he wound up at Baylor? Maybe Mack should have sent him a letter instead of that soon to transfer Gilbert, eh?

You really do take this stuff too seriously....

Rangers: as I've stated, they moved here when i was in high school. While I loved the R's and packing into a VW bug with other crazed HS kids to go to games at the opening of the gates to watch BP, baseball was always a Love. Not a Passion.

I loved baseball, always did. It is something to be enjoyed. It's the great game. Maybe if the Rangers were the only team I grew up with it might be different, but I doubt it. Life's too damn short to let sports drive your mood

Football: It's a passion. People here in the 60s growing up had the following schedule...Wed afternoons, JR HS games. Thurs afternoons, JV HS games. Friday nites, for 10 + weeks in the fall, was going to the HS game. Never miss that. Never. All week long in barber shops the talk was how some 16yo kid (mentioned by name) was going to shred the kids from Woodrow a new one with 30 trap and 48 reverse.

Saturday mornings until noon it was grade school league games. The sidelines were 4-5 deep all the way to the goal lines....Then everyone went home, ate, hustled to the SMU or TCU games. Or watched your favorite college team on tv if you were lucky enuff to have them on tv.

Sundays were less of interest. The cowboys and Dallas Texans were popular, but nowhere as near as popular as high school football, certainly less so than college football....as the popualtion migrated here in the late 60s the Cowboys became more popular than HS and college.....but before then they were an after thought.

but....As you get older cj, you realize this is all for entertainment. To be "down" over losses is purely psychotic or somesuch. There are bigger things in life than sports....Enjoy the good things in life, let the losses roll off your back. It's a part of life. Don't let it get to you.

There you have it. See the good in things, don't let setbacks get you down.

And, as always, 0u sucks! :) :cool:

ElKabong
11-25-2011, 12:49 AM
[QUOTE=maddog42]How much more time does Mack deserve ? /QUOTE]

I have your answer! It's Fifty Nine Minutes and Fifty Seven Seconds ;)

I couldn't have written a better script to see the ol Ags off to the SEC. Their crazed fan base in a 10 second span went "SEC, SEC, SEC, S........Oh F Me, Oh F Me,..." . It was beautiful.

You'll always have a few "fans" that want to go 12-0 every year. Those are the ones you were reading in the thread. I've learned this much since 1998: Trust Mack to rebuild the program. He knows what he's doing.

He said this would be a total rebuilding yr, and the more affluent alums have given him as much time as he wants or needs. His contract allows him to retire when HE wants, not when someone else decides it. Mack earned in 2005 with the national title (in a game as exciting as tonight's win).

ElKabong
11-25-2011, 01:22 AM
Looks like the Horns totally blew that one out their asses...
when ya got a shitty program led by a shitty coach what do you expect?

Eastward wind..... One aggy headed your way there, Deliverance!

And yes, Sleepy (Sherman) is a shitty coach. It's 50/50 he lasts in Collie Station beyond Dec 10.

maddog42
11-25-2011, 08:47 AM
[QUOTE=maddog42]How much more time does Mack deserve ? /QUOTE]

I have your answer! It's Fifty Nine Minutes and Fifty Seven Seconds ;)

I couldn't have written a better script to see the ol Ags off to the SEC. Their crazed fan base in a 10 second span went "SEC, SEC, SEC, S........Oh F Me, Oh F Me,..." . It was beautiful.

You'll always have a few "fans" that want to go 12-0 every year. Those are the ones you were reading in the thread. I've learned this much since 1998: Trust Mack to rebuild the program. He knows what he's doing.

He said this would be a total rebuilding yr, and the more affluent alums have given him as much time as he wants or needs. His contract allows him to retire when HE wants, not when someone else decides it. Mack earned in 2005 with the national title (in a game as exciting as tonight's win).

With a little help (actually a lot) from the officials you won. Congrats to Texas. The Texas Defense is very good. The Texas offense just raised their scoring average to 12 points/ game for the last 3 games? Thanks for taking my quote completely out of context. I never even IMPLIED that Mack should be fired. Quite the contrary, I said the chances of Texas finding a better coach is 1 in 10. That quote came from Hornfans.com (notice the bold letters). I was pointing out that things were not going so well in Austin for Mack. Huge win for Texas. Congrats again.

cj
11-25-2011, 11:03 AM
You really do take this stuff too seriously....

Rangers: as I've stated, they moved here when i was in high school. While I loved the R's and packing into a VW bug with other crazed HS kids to go to games at the opening of the gates to watch BP, baseball was always a Love. Not a Passion.

I loved baseball, always did. It is something to be enjoyed. It's the great game. Maybe if the Rangers were the only team I grew up with it might be different, but I doubt it. Life's too damn short to let sports drive your mood

Football: It's a passion. People here in the 60s growing up had the following schedule...Wed afternoons, JR HS games. Thurs afternoons, JV HS games. Friday nites, for 10 + weeks in the fall, was going to the HS game. Never miss that. Never. All week long in barber shops the talk was how some 16yo kid (mentioned by name) was going to shred the kids from Woodrow a new one with 30 trap and 48 reverse.

Saturday mornings until noon it was grade school league games. The sidelines were 4-5 deep all the way to the goal lines....Then everyone went home, ate, hustled to the SMU or TCU games. Or watched your favorite college team on tv if you were lucky enuff to have them on tv.

Sundays were less of interest. The cowboys and Dallas Texans were popular, but nowhere as near as popular as high school football, certainly less so than college football....as the popualtion migrated here in the late 60s the Cowboys became more popular than HS and college.....but before then they were an after thought.

but....As you get older cj, you realize this is all for entertainment. To be "down" over losses is purely psychotic or somesuch. There are bigger things in life than sports....Enjoy the good things in life, let the losses roll off your back. It's a part of life. Don't let it get to you.

There you have it. See the good in things, don't let setbacks get you down.

And, as always, 0u sucks! :) :cool:

I don't take these nearly as seriously as you think, not even close...and I'm not an OU fan.

cj
11-25-2011, 11:04 AM
[QUOTE=ElKabong]

With a little help (actually a lot) from the officials you won. Congrats to Texas. The Texas Defense is very good. The Texas offense just raised their scoring average to 12 points/ game for the last 3 games? Thanks for taking my quote completely out of context. I never even IMPLIED that Mack should be fired. Quite the contrary, I said the chances of Texas finding a better coach is 1 in 10. That quote came from Hornfans.com (notice the bold letters). I was pointing out that things were not going so well in Austin for Mack. Huge win for Texas. Congrats again.

I have no problem with B12 officials sending A&M on their way with a few shitty calls. They earned them.

ElKabong
11-25-2011, 12:33 PM
[QUOTE=maddog42]

I have no problem with B12 officials sending A&M on their way with a few shitty calls. They earned them.

Maddog & cj,

say there, where you you 2 guys the past 2 weeks? Incorrect calls in the Mizzou and KSU games killed us.

You live with the good calls and the bad ones.

So many holding infractions from the 2nd qtr on by the A&M OL and not a one was flagged. We have some bad refs in the b12, no question about it. The ISU-oSu game was bad too. More than a few times I saw only 5 men on the LOS for ISU's offense, didn't see any of those get flagged.

Hey, let's get serious for a moment & drop the playful back n forth (which I've enjoyed giving as much as taking)......I watched the replay of last nites game on ESPN-U, well into the night. I always watch our replays.....anyways, over on ESPN Classic they had the 1971 0u-Nebraska game.

MANY things came to mind....1, what a great game! So many CFB and nfl superstars on one field. Brahaney and Mendehall were the 2 best Centers I saw in CFB for many, many, many years, Brahaney vs Glover was a real treat to watch again. That game was special. I was up past 2:30am watching it before my eyes gave out.

Also came to mind, "if that rivalry could come to an end, ANY rivalry can"...In all honesty I won't miss the a&m series (notice i didn't say rivalry, it's truly a series for most UT faithful, a rivalry for a&m). But the 0u-NU rivalry was one that I thought would last forever....and the fact is, *if* 0U *and* NU wanted it to continue, it would.

But both U's have decided the better business decision is to schedule someone else on their non conf schedules. That's the reality of todays football. Traditional rivalries are being ditched left and right in the name of $$. What UT-A&M are seeing going away, is happening all over. It's a business, like horse racing, and things change.

Good luck vs ISU...The Cyclones run hot and cold, maybe you guys can catch em on the cold side like we did

cj
11-25-2011, 12:38 PM
I'm going to the OU game tomorrow. You'll probably see me. We have good seats, and we won't be in red!

I don't blame Texas one bit for no longer playing A&M. For one, they left because of Texas and cried about it, screw them. Two, we all know Texas doesn't want to play anyone in the non-conference!

ElKabong
11-25-2011, 12:53 PM
Yep, that's why we scheduled Notre Dame, USC, BYU, and, oh my!, Maryland to replace the defecting programs.

Even put Ole Miss on our schedule in anticipation of Shermie taking the Rebs job....

With the old b12 there was no reason to over schedule, although I did enjoy the win over tOSU in Columbus in our National Championship year.

Our BCS bowl record says it all to me, we match up well across the map. 3-1 record vs quality opponents is a good thing (no easy Big East opponents for us)

Last week Alabama beat Ga Southern.... Florida beat Furman.....The week before that LSU beat Western KY.....easy games are being scheduled by all premier programs, we're no different.

But the schedule had to toughen up, as soon as NU, CU left Deloss got a few good matchups lined up

cj
11-25-2011, 01:04 PM
Yep, that's why we scheduled Notre Dame, USC, BYU, and, oh my!, Maryland to replace the defecting programs.

Even put Ole Miss on our schedule in anticipation of Shermie taking the Rebs job....

With the old b12 there was no reason to over schedule, although I did enjoy the win over tOSU in Columbus in our National Championship year.

Our BCS bowl record says it all to me, we match up well across the map. 3-1 record vs quality opponents is a good thing (no easy Big East opponents for us)

Last week Alabama beat Ga Southern.... Florida beat Furman.....The week before that LSU beat Western KY.....easy games are being scheduled by all premier programs, we're no different.

But the schedule had to toughen up, as soon as NU, CU left Deloss got a few good matchups lined up

That makes sense. I am glad they are stepping it up. It makes the conference better. You can't pretend the poor out of conference schedule didn't cost them a few times recently though. It seems they have learned that doesn't cut it any longer.

I agree about the SEC teams. I've never understood the midseason cupcakes. They all seem to have one.

maddog42
11-25-2011, 08:25 PM
I'm going to the OU game tomorrow. You'll probably see me. We have good seats, and we won't be in red!

I don't blame Texas one bit for no longer playing A&M. For one, they left because of Texas and cried about it, screw them. Two, we all know Texas doesn't want to play anyone in the non-conference!

You two guys are both (elk and cj) heretics!!!!! I don't even like A&M or Texa$, but I enjoy seeing them play. I don't like anything, not one goddamn thing about the Big 12 breakup. Elk, Everything you said about Nebraska-OU was right on.You guys are letting your hatred(or weirdness) or whatever interfere with your big 12 views. There are roughly a million fans that were watching A&M and Texas that want that game to continue. My cousins from Dallas want it to continue. Almost everybody I know wanted the Big 12 to remain intact.Cornhusker relatives, Texas relatives, everybody. The fans are the ones that are being screwed!!!

maddog42
11-25-2011, 08:40 PM
[QUOTE=cj]

Maddog & cj,

say there, where you you 2 guys the past 2 weeks? Incorrect calls in the Mizzou and KSU games killed us.

You live with the good calls and the bad ones.

So many holding infractions from the 2nd qtr on by the A&M OL and not a one was flagged. We have some bad refs in the b12, no question about it. The ISU-oSu game was bad too. More than a few times I saw only 5 men on the LOS for ISU's offense, didn't see any of those get flagged.

Hey, let's get serious for a moment & drop the playful back n forth (which I've enjoyed giving as much as taking)......I watched the replay of last nites game on ESPN-U, well into the night. I always watch our replays.....anyways, over on ESPN Classic they had the 1971 0u-Nebraska game.

MANY things came to mind....1, what a great game! So many CFB and nfl superstars on one field. Brahaney and Mendehall were the 2 best Centers I saw in CFB for many, many, many years, Brahaney vs Glover was a real treat to watch again. That game was special. I was up past 2:30am watching it before my eyes gave out.

Also came to mind, "if that rivalry could come to an end, ANY rivalry can"...In all honesty I won't miss the a&m series (notice i didn't say rivalry, it's truly a series for most UT faithful, a rivalry for a&m). But the 0u-NU rivalry was one that I thought would last forever....and the fact is, *if* 0U *and* NU wanted it to continue, it would.

But both U's have decided the better business decision is to schedule someone else on their non conf schedules. That's the reality of todays football. Traditional rivalries are being ditched left and right in the name of $$. What UT-A&M are seeing going away, is happening all over. It's a business, like horse racing, and things change.

Good luck vs ISU...The Cyclones run hot and cold, maybe you guys can catch em on the cold side like we did

I didn't DVR the Texas-MU game, so I can't review officiating. The holding thing goes on in every game. I don't have any feelings one way or the other about that game. But I have noticed a slight prejudice starting last year against the Teams that are leaving the Big 12. I am not the only one. I definitely think Missouri got screwed in the OU game this year. (Thank you God). I felt that Nebraska got a few terrible calls last year. I didn't notice anything about Colorado last year, (who cares, they stink) but Texas A&M
DEFINITELY got a few bad calls this season. In addition to them choking when they got the lead, they definitely got screwed, in the OSU game.

ElKabong
11-26-2011, 08:00 PM
You guys are letting your hatred(or weirdness) or whatever interfere with your big 12 views. There are roughly a million fans that were watching A&M and Texas that want that game to continue. My cousins from Dallas want it to continue.

I can give you a million reasons why the series should not be continued.

Below is just one of many classless, mindless "acts" by The Cult in college station. I'm glad we don't have to put up with them anymore, to be honest. Flinging horseshit on fans and the band?

The SEC wants em, they can have em. Adios

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOJxUeyhhpQ

ElKabong
11-26-2011, 08:10 PM
dog,

(my all time favorite aggy act of self-embarassment)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0vsZHlEzx8&feature=related

SEC cheerleaders should be forewarned not to step on the field. Otherwise your own cheerleaders will have the opportunity to kick a sword yielding a&m yell leader's ass.

Let em go. They're dysfunctional

ElKabong
11-26-2011, 08:16 PM
and the hits, they keepa comin'.....

This was 1999 I think...Tech fans tear down a goalpost, run said goal post into the aggy section. Only aggy would do what happened next: They fought each other (thinking they were fighting "the enemy")

First link is the act, 2nd link is a "first hand account" ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DSRsieiGWg&NR=1

http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=classics&Number=451966&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=all

"I been sawdamized by a goal post. "

ElKabong
11-26-2011, 08:26 PM
"and it's goodbye, to a&m" :) :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPwRzyyd8sQ&feature=related

(yes, these so-called hand gestures are signals for cheers by aggy "yell leaders"...one rick perry did all these signals ~50 yrs ago...surprised? lol)

maddog42
11-26-2011, 11:53 PM
"and it's goodbye, to a&m" :) :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPwRzyyd8sQ&feature=related

(yes, these so-called hand gestures are signals for cheers by aggy "yell leaders"...one rick perry did all these signals ~50 yrs ago...surprised? lol)

I can dig some of the sick twisted humor you are embracing here, with A&M. But don't forget we have our own aggies (OSU). Don't you ENJOY beating aggies ?
I know that I do, and Texas too. Let yourself separate from some of the hard feelings and years of bad blood and I guarantee you will miss the A&M game. I have had a few years now(off and on) and I still miss Nebraska. And by the way
Cornhuskers and A&M are both cry babies and I too have those feelings of "screw'em let em leave" but I really don't like it. In many many ways I am a traditionalist . Which is weird because most liberal/radicals like me are not.
A&M 's departure will hurt Texas and OU a little in recruiting and help the SEC.

ElKabong
11-27-2011, 01:12 AM
I don't know if it (a&m to SEC) will hurt UT to be honest. The HS coaches here are pretty loud and clear that they absolutely do not approve of the aggies moving out. HS coaches here, as most places, are how you get to kids.

Mack is in tight w/ the HS coaches here, it's hard to crack that "group" of coaches here if you piss them off. When I read (TX HS coaches assn longtime respected leader) Danaher saying he's openly upset with a&m for leaving, and that it will have negative consequences for the ags, I know their recruiting is not going to be smooth beginning 2013.

No doubt the SEC will recruit more here, but there was an article saying only Tennessee would look into recruiting "more" from TX. The others saying they already recruit here & are doing quite nicely for themselves in the deep south anyway.

If you're into having shit thrown at you, literally, you won't miss the aggies. That wasn't an isolated incident, seems every other yr they do something like that to us....Time to say "goodbye" as far as I'm concerned.

One HS coach here on local tv was asked if he thought UT was dodging a&m and not wanting to continue the series. The HS coach said it all for me...'TEXAS already had A&M on it's schedule, the Aggies were the ones that decided to cancel the series. Also, Baylor and Tech are going to be hurt badly by A&M's move, no one seems to mention that.'

aggy screwed themselves, football-wise. They'll be fine in other sports b/c they can compete, but there's bad blood already amongst some HS coaches and the a&m admin for the move and how it all developed

ElKabong
11-27-2011, 01:31 AM
Let yourself separate from some of the hard feelings and years of bad blood and I guarantee you will miss the A&M game. .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGtoaa9UKcs&feature=related

Nope. I won't miss a Cult this classless.

Link above.....Pep Rally for a meaningless bowl game, a yell leader brings up a cheer that the opposing coach is "on his deathbed and needs to find a casket".

Total classless bullshit. If the SEC knew what they were getting in aggy, then by all means welcome them in as family.....hard to believe they don't know about The Cult & their history.... Maybe it's all about the dollars to the ags and SEC & not those evil Longhorns fault afterall :rolleyes:

PhantomOnTour
12-03-2011, 10:51 PM
Can we change the name of this thread to Big Loss Bob and Lay Down Mack Lose Again??

:lol: :lol:

PhantomOnTour
12-03-2011, 11:01 PM
Totally awesome :ThmbUp:

ElKabong
12-04-2011, 01:29 AM
Big Loss Bob still sounds good to me, swampboy.

Your QB get bailed out lately? I see he is playing despite his "problems". Good thing you have a coach that overlooks all things cowardice. :)

ElKabong
12-04-2011, 10:56 AM
maddog,

getting back to semi-serious on the topic here.....

oSu (IMO) was the better team going in. The score was definitely not indicative of the difference between the two teams. Things happen. The ball slipping out of Landry Jones hand, freaky turnover, things start to compound. It happens.

Like I've said, it's too bad oSu isn't going to get the opportunity they deserve. Their loss was under some shitty circumstances, and, they match up a lot better against Bama and LSU than the Tide and Tigers do against each other. Georgia had players drop two (not one, but two) TD passes in the first 5 minutes of yesterdays game. Any way you slice it, that conference struggles with offense at the moment. If anything, oSu would challenge either Bama or LSU and make it interesting

That's not to take away anything against the Bama and LSU defenses, they're top notch. But when wide open WRs or RBs can't catch perfect passes it's more of a conviction (pardon the pun) on the receivers than it is a praise on the defense.

Too bad for the Pokies they won't get the chance.

I assume you guys are playing in the Cotton....If you're going, let me know.

maddog42
12-04-2011, 03:53 PM
maddog,

getting back to semi-serious on the topic here.....

oSu (IMO) was the better team going in. The score was definitely not indicative of the difference between the two teams. Things happen. The ball slipping out of Landry Jones hand, freaky turnover, things start to compound. It happens.

Like I've said, it's too bad oSu isn't going to get the opportunity they deserve. Their loss was under some shitty circumstances, and, they match up a lot better against Bama and LSU than the Tide and Tigers do against each other. Georgia had players drop two (not one, but two) TD passes in the first 5 minutes of yesterdays game. Any way you slice it, that conference struggles with offense at the moment. If anything, oSu would challenge either Bama or LSU and make it interesting

That's not to take away anything against the Bama and LSU defenses, they're top notch. But when wide open WRs or RBs can't catch perfect passes it's more of a conviction (pardon the pun) on the receivers than it is a praise on the defense.

Too bad for the Pokies they won't get the chance.

I assume you guys are playing in the Cotton....If you're going, let me know.

Elk, I think you might be wrong about OSU not playing in the NC game. I say it is 50-50. SB nation is projecting that OSU will beat out Bama for #2 in bcs.
Osu deserves to play in the NC game. Bama had their chance. Anyhow some sports writer in Delaware will probably decide who the BCS teams are. Virginia Tech's loss and the convincing way they beat my Sooners has turned some heads. Coaches poll is very close between Bama and OSU. Computers will favor OSU.

ElKabong
12-04-2011, 11:18 PM
dog, I sure wish it woulda happened that way, but the guy from Delaware and Montana had their way :ThmbDown:

Only people really excited about this one are Bama and LSU fans. Congrats to them, but for the rest of us it's like watching a dull movie a second time, with an all star cast