PDA

View Full Version : Friday's And Saturday's Race Cxl At Aqu

IRISHLADSTABLE
12-05-2003, 01:03 PM
Due to the snow storm today's live card & tomorrow's live card and simulcasting has been cancelled

Jimmy

trying2win
12-05-2003, 06:38 PM
IRISHLADSTABLE,

Yeah, I noticed some of the cancellations online today.
Looks like some other thoroughbred and harness tracks have been cancelled today as well, in the northeastern U.S. Good thing I checked first, instead of handicapping for several hours for a few tracks, and then finding out that the races were cancelled at them!

Trying2win

sq764
12-05-2003, 06:52 PM
Its nasty out here (I am in Delaware)..

I am sure everything will cancel tomorrow too..

Not only snow, but ice, wind and its cold as shit..

I could not imagine riding 40 mph on a horse when its like 25 degrees..

Observer
12-05-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by sq764
... I could not imagine riding 40 mph on a horse when its like 25 degrees..

I couldn't imagine it either .. guess it's not too bad at that temp as long as you're moving around .. however .. at those speeds .. and throw in wind and/or wind gusts .. I can't blame the riders who move to warmer climates during these months .. and can totally relate to J. Chavez .. it was announced that he has changed his plans and will be going to Florida afterall .. apparently, the cold air is hard on his lungs .. I know that feeling!!

Suff
12-05-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Observer
I couldn't imagine it either .. guess it's not too bad at that temp as long as !!

My man Josiah Hampshire has been riding Winters in Boston for years.. He'll handle the weather fine... I Like his chances to have a meet. The Early Take is that they like the way he rides down there. Any truth to that?