PDA

View Full Version : Put Up or Shut Up

bigmack
11-18-2011, 05:10 PM
Two dozen “patriotic millionaires” traveled to the Capitol on Wednesday to demand that Congress raise taxes on wealthy Americans.

Let's see the level of their convictions.

gh9dfaSOn5o

Greyfox
11-18-2011, 05:16 PM
There's no law that says they can't make higher contributions to the IRS if they want to. No change in the tax is needed for that.

johnhannibalsmith
11-18-2011, 05:31 PM
I understand they are making a larger point, but it is fairly laughable that not one of them would actually jump at the chance to invest a few thou in their own credibility.

NJ Stinks
11-18-2011, 06:08 PM
Two dozen “patriotic millionaires” traveled to the Capitol on Wednesday to demand that Congress raise taxes on wealthy Americans.

Let's see the level of their convictions.

]

So these millionaires go all the way to Washington to say the rich should pay more in taxes and you question their conviction?

Congratulations. You go to the top of the heap. :rolleyes:

johnhannibalsmith
11-18-2011, 06:12 PM
So these millionaires go all the way to Washington to say the rich should pay more in taxes and you question their conviction?

Even more alarming is that you swallow their convictions as though a trip to Washington is proof of something... that makes Congress amazingly genuine I suppose... :lol:

NJ Stinks
11-18-2011, 06:16 PM
Even more alarming is that you swallow their convictions as though a trip to Washington is proof of something... that makes Congress amazingly genuine I suppose... :lol:

John John. It makes these millionaires genuine. IMO, of course.

johnhannibalsmith
11-18-2011, 06:22 PM
Okay, just so we are clear - going to Washington to TALK about giving the Fed more money demonstrates more sincerity than refusing to donate anything to the Fed, even if just for show, demonstrates a lack of sincerity?

bigmack
11-18-2011, 06:29 PM
"All the way" :confused: Talk about heart & conviction. They got on a plane and got a hotel room. HUGE amount of conviction right there.

Damn. You got me again, Smelly. Busted with pretzel logic. :ThmbUp:

(Ever get the feeling your delusions are moving into a full-blown psychosis?)
------------

T-minus 20 minutes until mostie contends the video was doctored.

NJ Stinks
11-18-2011, 06:43 PM
Okay, just so we are clear - going to Washington to TALK about giving the Fed more money demonstrates more sincerity than refusing to donate anything to the Fed, even if just for show, demonstrates a lack of sincerity?

Most definitely. The whole point of these people going to DC was to raise the issue of what is fair tax-wise. What's definitely not fair is these guys forking over more than their financial peers.

johnhannibalsmith
11-18-2011, 06:44 PM
Most definitely. The whole point of these people going to DC was to raise the issue of what is fair tax-wise. What's definitely not fair is these guys forking over more than their financial peers.

Hmmmmm.... ooooooooo kay.....

NJ Stinks
11-18-2011, 06:46 PM
Damn. You got me again, Smelly. Busted with pretzel logic. :ThmbUp:

(Ever get the feeling your delusions are moving into a full-blown psychosis?)

Not as long as you keep disagreeing with me, Mack. :ThmbUp:

bigmack
11-18-2011, 06:50 PM
Hmmmmm.... ooooooooo kay.....
I feel ya. Not unlike the line from Annie Hall when TheWoodMan said "I'm due back on planet earth." Problem is, we're in the collective car with nuts like him.

Just don't give 'im the keys. :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb517cREJKk

boxcar
11-18-2011, 06:54 PM

Money talks. Everything else walks. It's time for them to part with THEIR green to show Joe BiteMe just how patriotic they are. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

NJ Stinks
11-18-2011, 06:55 PM
I feel ya. Not unlike the line from Annie Hall when TheWoodMan said "I'm due back on planet earth." Problem is, we're in the collective car with nuts like him.

Just don't give 'im the keys. :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb517cREJKk

:lol: :lol:

Pretty good, Mack! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

boxcar
11-18-2011, 06:57 PM

Then they should put their money where their big yap is to show the rest of us just how much they believe in their idea of "fairness". Talk is cheap.

Boxcar

mostpost
11-18-2011, 11:23 PM
Two kinds of millionaires. The socially responsible millionaires and the greedy bastard millionaires. If the former voluntarily pay more taxes they are abetting the latter in their greedy bastardness.

What will happen is the GB millionaires will say, the government is getting more from the saps over there. You can cut my taxes. :rolleyes:

That's what Bush did after Clinton ran a surplus. He cut taxes and thoroughly messed up the economy.

Mike at A+
11-18-2011, 11:31 PM
I don't want "the rich" to pay more taxes because Obama will simply spend it on people whose votes he can buy. I can't explain it any simpler than that.

johnhannibalsmith
11-19-2011, 12:50 AM
I don't want "the rich" to pay more taxes because Obama will simply spend it on people whose votes he can buy. I can't explain it any simpler than that.

And herein lies what I don't get about occupy movements and this line of thinking. They allegedly believe that government is no good and corrupt, yet they want to take people's money and then give it to that same government. I could understand if they simply wanted to steal it for themselves, that might at least be a sensible reason for hating people with more money and wanting to take it.

But, they actually think that empowering the government that they claim to detest and mistrust (moreso when an 'R' gets to wear the captain's hat) with more money to squander on their follies and friends is going to help the world... well actually they only want it to help them personally, but that's another topic...

The only conclusion I can draw is that basically, the only thing that really makes any sense when you are on the outside is that whether they realize it or not, they do essentially want to bring others down to their level economically - to make things fair (ironic considering most don't have it all that badly as far as creatures on a planet are concerned). I guess I get it - I've been in the bottom part of the 99% somewhere between most and all of my life and even found it unfair that others were so wealthy at one point in my existence.

Then I came to realize that bringing everyone down to where I was at to make things fair was essentially the useless, ambitionless life of Harrison Bergeron. I stopped worrying about being consumed with money and realized that if I wanted to be happy, I better take advantage of one of the few societies that offers us the liberties to define that happiness and then strive to achieve it... money or no money. We only have so much energy to expend and then we all die.

rastajenk
11-19-2011, 09:41 AM
A couple other Occupy inconsistencies, to put it nicely:

The cops are pigs when they're clearing out an Occupied site or protecting innocent passerbys, but they're valiant first-reponder allies when trying to defeat public employee union-weakening efforts by Republican legislatures.

If the demonstrators are so much in solidarity with the 99%, why don't they just get the 99% to vote for representatives that enact the reforms they want so badly? Because they think most of the 99% are stupid rubes, "sheeple", brainwashed idiots that can't think for themselves, and other demeaning characterizations. So the solidarity breaks down when you barely scratch the surface; who are they trying to kid?

Tom
11-19-2011, 09:57 AM
Talk is cheap.
Probably, what happened is, like in everything Obama has touched so far, all these so-called true patriots were promised waivers to any new taxes - look at his record - Obama supporters and fellow terrorists never are subjected to the laws he imposes on others. It doesn't take a genius to see that one - surprised at the confusion here! (NOT! :lol: )

bigmack
11-19-2011, 06:00 PM
Then I came to realize that bringing everyone down to where I was at to make things fair was essentially the useless, ambitionless life of Harrison Bergeron. I stopped worrying about being consumed with money and realized that if I wanted to be happy, I better take advantage of one of the few societies that offers us the liberties to define that happiness and then strive to achieve it... money or no money. We only have so much energy to expend and then we all die.
Nice post, Hombre.

With all this talk of fair/unfair from BO & the entire MSNBC network, people with pliable minds have turned the livable/bearable feeling of resentment into an ugly display of anger. An anger I find somewhat laughable as anger stemming from resentment says much more of the angry than of those marching on with life.