PDA

View Full Version : Demand for trailers?

highnote
11-18-2011, 12:44 AM
Where is the demand for trailers coming from?

MAC Trailer, located in my hometown, is booming.

I haven't seen this much economic activity in Appalachia for a long time -- maybe not since I was a kid back in the 60s when all the big plants in town were booming -- Eljer, American Standard, a few foundries and several machine shops producing machine tools. When I was a kid you could hear loud noises of the factories echoing through town as they worked through the night .

It has been my opinion that the quantitative easing would start hitting the economy between December of this year and December of next. Maybe this is a sign the economy is turning around.

http://salemnews.net/page/content.detail/id/548117/MAC-Trailer-needs-more-workers-to-meet-demand.html?nav=5007

November 18, 2011
By LARRY SHIELDS , Salem News
Save | Post a comment |
SALEM - Still in need of material handlers, welders, assemblers and mechanical engineers, MAC Trailer Manufacturing plant Manager Les Smith said he would hire 40 to 50 people "today" if he could.

Aluminum welders are the critical need, and Smith said the company operates its own training center turning out an average of eight welders every week to two weeks.

He explained the production demands have reached "the point we've practically sold out through 2012 at the Salem plant."

Employment has skyrocketed from 48 people 24 months ago to 340 today.