PDA

View Full Version : CPU usage?

Marshall Bennett
11-16-2011, 11:43 AM
After downloading "speed fan" which was recommended by a helpful member here, I've noticed on a game site when playing that the CPU usage climbs to nearly 100%, the fan rpm nearly doubles, and the processor heats up to 60C. It only does this occasionally, just wondering if this is normal? Perhaps other background activity is causing it or maybe a java issue.
Any help would be appreciated.

Native Texan III
11-16-2011, 06:47 PM
After downloading "speed fan" which was recommended by a helpful member here, I've noticed on a game site when playing that the CPU usage climbs to nearly 100%, the fan rpm nearly doubles, and the processor heats up to 60C. It only does this occasionally, just wondering if this is normal? Perhaps other background activity is causing it or maybe a java issue.

Depends on game of course, but games often extremely graphics intensive. So CPU climbs giving out more heat and graphic chip on motherboard or separate graphics card also at full pitch giving out more heat. Games players use water cooling and extra fans but if temperature drops back to 50C with extra fan speed on then yours is OK. A dust clean out might help.

Marshall Bennett
11-16-2011, 07:08 PM
Thank you. Seems to have settled down somewhat. I don't play games often, just noticed the change when I do. Blew out dust recently.

bigmack
11-16-2011, 07:17 PM
Blew out dust recently.
Open the case and vacum out le'dusto. That alone can cause such issues.

pondman
12-07-2011, 12:54 PM

Have you looked at your processes (assuming you are using a windows os), while running this app vs not running the app?

You could have downloaded some form of maleware along with the app, which is hogging the cpu.

DJofSD
12-07-2011, 01:10 PM
Give us the specifications for the system you are using - microprocessor make/model/speed, graphics card.

Marshall Bennett
12-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Whatever the problem was it seems to have corrected itself. Haven't had an issue with it in a couple weeks.
Thanks everyone !!

DJofSD
12-07-2011, 02:16 PM
Mack gets 2 points.