PDA

View Full Version : P.A.C.S. CHATTER

Jay Trotter
11-15-2011, 06:25 PM
http://paceandcap.com/images/pnc_hdr_right.png (http://www.sartinmethodology.com)

http://paceandcap.com/images/PACS_2012_MD.png (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=70)

PLEASE USE THIS THREAD
TO POST QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, ETC.

horses4courses
11-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Sounds great, Jay Trotter!

Beachbabe
11-15-2011, 10:34 PM
Sounds like you outdid yourself, Jay.
One question (so far):

Contest #7 is a match play pitting the top 64 players. Are these 64 players determined by the first 6 contests. So if you're not one of the top 64 by contest 7 then you can't enter contest 7 ? So some players' best 5 outcomes at the end of the year may only be culled from 7 contests rather than 8.
Correct ?

Jay Trotter
11-16-2011, 07:47 AM
Sounds like you outdid yourself, Jay.
One question (so far):

Contest #7 is a match play pitting the top 64 players. Are these 64 players determined by the first 6 contests. So if you're not one of the top 64 by contest 7 then you can't enter contest 7 ? So some players' best 5 outcomes at the end of the year may only be culled from 7 contests rather than 8.
Correct ?
You are correct Beachbabe. Based on the results leading to Contest 7 - The Match Play Championship - the top 64 Players will qualify to participate. Of course we might get a few qualifying players who don't sign-up to participate which might allow a few of the non-qualifying players to move into the competition.

The Match Play event will be based on seedings similar to the Final Four bracket system.

:ThmbUp:

sammy the sage
11-16-2011, 09:03 AM
don't think contest #5 should be a part of this series...mandatory play at a rinky/dinky track....that maybe 5% of the people REALLY betting have ACTUALLY even bet on...

just my 2 cents...

FunkyMonkey
11-16-2011, 11:12 AM
I disagree. Those that don't want to play can always skip that particular contest.

don't think contest #5 should be a part of this series...mandatory play at a rinky/dinky track....that maybe 5% of the people REALLY betting have ACTUALLY even bet on...

just my 2 cents...

tiger rose
11-16-2011, 12:05 PM
hey sammy
it's not just a one track contest,just a certain amount of picks have to made at ASD
I'll be throwin my picks in all of them,might need some teammates for P.A.I.H.L.don't know if former team is staying together?

wonder where the bankroll idea came from ?

Jay Trotter
11-16-2011, 12:17 PM

just my 2 cents...

Rinky/dinky track! Hey bud, that is my home track and they've been sponsoring my contests for about 5 years. A fair number of PA members have been introduced to the track over the years and have grown to love it.

It may be a "C" level track but it has a big heart. They put their money where their mouth is with "Cash" and a fair amount of merchandise to boot. I would challenge you to get your "home track" to match little 'ole ASD's support!!!

That aside though, this is the very reason you don't have to play every contest to qualify for the Player of the Year title. If you don't have the time during a particular season, you don't like a contest's concept, you don't like the "team" thing in the P.A.I.H.L., or you simply don't like the track in play, then you can pass that contest. Of course the more you play the better your opportunity to increase your "best 5" point total.

Trotter :ThmbUp:

Jay Trotter
11-16-2011, 12:22 PM
wonder where the bankroll idea came from ?
I plagiarize all my best ideas Tiger -- you know that! That being said, I would invite you to join me as a scorer for a contest or two. :ThmbUp:

tiger rose
11-16-2011, 12:52 PM
jay
even with what little practice i do with excel.
I still keep losing info trying to change data #'s.And have to go my backup saved one.
Get's me so dang mad.should be better at it than i am.
But still trying to keep my records correct and If i make it through a week without messing up,will get back to you to help out.

sammy the sage
11-16-2011, 03:07 PM
fair enough...

Jay Trotter
11-16-2011, 05:07 PM
The PaceAdvantage.com Challenge Series

PLAYER OF THE YEAR
POINT SYSTEM

Attached you will find the P.A.C.S. Player of the Year Point System

Points are awarded for each of the 8 individual Contests
based on the number of participants in the contest

Points are only awarded to those who meet the minimum
number of plays required for each contest

All players who meet the minimum number of plays
will receive 200 Points for Participation

Those who don't make enough plays
will receive 0 Points for the Contest

The Player with the Highest Point Total
Using their best 5 Event Totals
will be the Player of the Year

sammy the sage
11-16-2011, 09:00 PM
so let me get this straight...say one doesn't qualify OR chooses NOT to participate in #7...you can still win w/a stellar performance in #8...it is the best 5 contest points?

interesting indeed...looking forward to to seeing format for some YET to be determined...

eddy1
11-16-2011, 10:13 PM
The Ultimate Parlay Challenge will continue for one contest only, scheduled from May 16th to July 8th, 2012.

what the #!@....?

Jay Trotter
11-16-2011, 10:18 PM
so let me get this straight...say one doesn't qualify OR chooses NOT to participate in #7...you can still win w/a stellar performance in #8...it is the best 5 contest points?

interesting indeed...looking forward to to seeing format for some YET to be determined...
Correct

dogkatcher
11-17-2011, 02:08 AM
Will each unit of the Contest have it's individual
prize structure, or is it just one Big Enchilada???

For example winning the P.A.I.H.L. a 5 month long
effort and the group would win Glory Points only???

Just a retired old fart here and Free Contest whore
who had a great time last year in the P.A.I.H.L

Thanks for all you do Jay, greatly appreciated

Jay Trotter
11-17-2011, 08:36 AM
Will each unit of the Contest have it's individual
prize structure, or is it just one Big Enchilada???
Each Contest will have its own Prize Package.

The Aqueduct Inner will kicks things off with $500.00 Cash up for grabs. We are working with Sponsors on each individual Contest which will offer Cash & Product. Sponsorship interest has been very positive and going forward we expect to put together some very nice prize packages.

The overall Player of the Year point series will offer its own awards, which we are still working to put together.

Trotter :ThmbUp:

Jay Trotter
11-19-2011, 09:37 AM
Where do we post our picks?BTW thanks for your hard work!

Moved this from the Administrative thead. Contest threads will be set up at the appropriate time for each individual contest. For the first contest, the Ridersup Aqueduct Inner Track Challenge, one thread will be set up for each playable day.

sammy the sage
11-20-2011, 07:38 AM
still trying to figure out how your going to award individual P,A.C.S points from the team challenge...as you will NOT KNOW how much or how little EACH of the THREE members on a team contribute/work :confused:

Jay Trotter
11-20-2011, 10:46 AM
still trying to figure out how your going to award individual P,A.C.S points from the team challenge...as you will NOT KNOW how much or how little EACH of the THREE members on a team contribute/work :confused:
In the P.A.I.H.L. each team will count as one entity as far as the number of participants go. If you've seen the schedule for awarding P.A.C.S. Points you will have noticed that 1st Place receives 3,000 points. Each team member will receive 3,000 points towards the Player of the Year award.

This means that it is very important for players to form teams with others they have confidance in and are comfortable with. Also, this means that the P.A.I.H.L. carries more weight than any other contest because 9,000 points are actually being awarded for Winning this contest. This is the longest and likely most competitive of the events.

Trotter:ThmbUp:

sammy the sage
11-20-2011, 10:18 PM
thanks for clarification :ThmbUp:

don23
11-26-2011, 10:22 PM
Hi Jay,

Check this. You may need an advance ruling to score Pick 4s.
Aqueduct today, test play was
($1)=2-1-10//1-5-3//2-5-7-10//3-6-9-10 ($144)
($1)=1-2//1-5//2-7//2-5-6-7-8-9-10 ($56)

Winners of the races were....8-5-7-6

NYRA (Brisnet figs) paid
$2 Pick 4 $1,067.00 8-2/5-3/7/9-6 (4 Correct)

which means I would have cashed both bets, unless I looked only at the winners, and then I would have tossed the tickets.

A total scoring headache. Good luck with this contest.
And by the way, did I win or not?

don23

Anyone who has an answer for this please post. Trotter

pat5336
11-27-2011, 04:47 AM
Hi Jay,

Check this. You may need an advance ruling to score Pick 4s.
Aqueduct today, test play was
($1)=2-1-10//1-5-3//2-5-7-10//3-6-9-10 ($144)
($1)=1-2//1-5//2-7//2-5-6-7-8-9-10 ($56)

Winners of the races were....8-5-7-6

NYRA (Brisnet figs) paid
$2 Pick 4 $1,067.00 8-2/5-3/7/9-6 (4 Correct)

which means I would have cashed both bets, unless I looked only at the winners, and then I would have tossed the tickets.

A total scoring headache. Good luck with this contest.
And by the way, did I win or not?

don23

Anyone who has an answer for this please post. Trotter

This how the results reads r7-8 r8-2/5 The 2-was a SCR r9-3/7/9 The 3/9-was a SCR R10-6

And no both your tickets lost..........

Jay Trotter
11-27-2011, 08:31 AM
This how the results reads r7-8 r8-2/5 The 2-was a SCR r9-3/7/9 The 3/9-was a SCR R10-6

And no both your tickets lost..........

I see now....don, you were reading the winning combo wronng:
$2 Pick 4 8-2/5-3/7/9-6 (4 correct) 1,067.0
It's 8 -- 2,5 --3,7,9 -- 6
not 8,2 -- 5,3 -- 7 --9,6 as you must have been reading it.

Thanks Pat:ThmbUp:

don23
11-27-2011, 09:55 AM
Now I get it.

They separate races with a -, while our scoring
uses a /.

Thanks.

Jay Trotter
11-28-2011, 05:34 PM
The "METHOD OF PLAY" will remain exactly the same as 2011:

· Each team posts 3 selections; a 1st alternate; and a 2nd alternate per race.
· Alternate selections are only used if one of the original selections are scratched.
· Competition is based on Win/Place/Show and Exacta payouts using the top three playable selections per team.
· A team may opt to post only 2 selections per race instead of 3 in which case the top choice will receive double credit.

SCORING CHANGES FOR 2012

· Top selection will be scored $6.00 across the board ($18.00)
· Second selection will be scored $4.00 across the board ($12.00)
· Third selection will be scored $2.00 across the board ($6.00)
· Exacta will be $3.00 boxes ($18.00)

· Total outlay per race will be $54.00

These changes will balance the wagering to better reflect "real life" wagering values.

Jay Trotter
12-05-2011, 10:58 AM
Track Collector indicates it would be easier for him to complete scoring and then have players post if they feel their is an error in their daily result.

Rule #13 has been ammended to:

13. Track Collector will be the "official scorer". Players are responsible for checking their results and reporting any discrepancies.

Jay Trotter
12-06-2011, 08:01 PM
http://paceandcap.com/images/pnc_hdr_right.png (http://www.sartinmethodology.com/)
The PaceAdvantage.com Challenge Series

presents

CONTEST 3

THE GAPFIRE.COM
http://dtf107.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/drpark.jpg (http://www.gapfire.com%20/)
R.O.I. CHALLENGE

JANUARY 18, 2012 - FEBRUARY 26, 2012
RUNS WEDNESDAY TO SUNDAY EACH WEEK
PLAYER'S CHOICE FOR TRACKS

FREE ENTRY CONTEST

$300.00 CASH + MERCHANDISE PRIZES

P.A.C.S PLAYER OF THE YEAR POINTS

1st Place - $150.00
Plus Dr. Jim Park's ebook "Logical Longshots"
& a 1 year Gapfire.com Membership

Winner's Trophy sponsored by ASD

·· 1 RDSS Data Prize – “3 months Unlimited data including Result Charts and Past Performances, value $449.95
(RDSS custom data by TrackMaster (http://test.trackmaster.com/cgi-bin/pricing.cgi?rdb)) along with a complimentary RDSS software subscription
for the same 3 month period ($30/quarter, $100/year). Valued at $480.00 ...”

2nd Place - $100.00

3rd Place - $ 50.00

Tom
01-07-2012, 05:56 PM
This section is way too full of way too many things going on.
I'm trying to find the PAIHL schedule to see who is playing who every week and no luck.

Who did we play today?
and can't we have separate threads for the various contests going on....too much clutter to look for stuff.

Jay Trotter
01-07-2012, 06:00 PM
I'm trying to find the PAIHL schedule to see who is playing who every week and no luck.

Who did we play today?
and can't we have separate threads for the various contests going on....too much clutter to look for stuff.

Tom, their are no divisions this year. Every game is a "Full Field" game.

PaceAdvantage
01-07-2012, 08:19 PM

Who did we play today?
and can't we have separate threads for the various contests going on....too much clutter to look for stuff.I agree...I'm gonna do some house cleaning right now...

Tom
01-08-2012, 12:26 AM
Very nice job, PA.......looks great! :ThmbUp:

Overlay
01-12-2012, 07:26 PM
I stopped at the Madison (Alabama) Public Library on my way home from work today to log on to PA (which I had done repeatedly at that library since moving here in July), in order to find out if this week's races were posted yet. (I have lived in four different locations since joining PA, and have never had a problem using any public library's computers for accessing PA.) I was taken aback to discover that the library has new filtering software in place that blocked the site as being gambling-related. (The guy on the terminal next to me was prevented from accessing Netflix (I assume because of the possible presence of R- or X-rated movies)!) (I should add that this library does not have computers dedicated to juvenile use, so the filtering software evidently adopts the most restrictive parameters across-the-board.)

I can understand a workplace computer network having a legitimate rationale for placing limitations on personal use, but a public library? Give me a break!

I made my displeasure known, and was told that there would be an effort to address the situation.

Anyone else ever run into this?