PDA

View Full Version : GP Turf Figs

PhantomOnTour
11-15-2011, 04:14 PM
Are they worth the time and effort? Turf times at GP have been suspect for as long as I can remember, and last year they had the super wide course split into two. I recall a lot of frustration regarding that move.

The meet snuck up on me since it's starting early this year...in about 3wks.
So much for my leisurely December yearly review, and some winter projects I wanted to work on...one of which was trying to make sense of the GP turf.

I didn't dare try to make turf figs there last year.
Who messes with this stuff?

cj
11-15-2011, 04:31 PM
I do them, but it is a lot of work. We now have AP, Cnl, Lrl, and GP that use different rail settings on the same day. It sucks. I do keep different pars for all the rail settings and about distances and combinations of the two.

Greyfox
11-15-2011, 06:51 PM
I do them, but it is a lot of work. We now have AP, Cnl, Lrl, and GP that use different rail settings on the same day. It sucks. I do keep different pars for all the rail settings and about distances and combinations of the two.

God bless you for doing that sort of calculation. That would be hard work.
A lot of handicappers, including myself, find turf races very difficult to be consistent on just for the very reason that they change the rail and accurate figures are hard to get. I usually play western tracks where they don't change the rail and certainly would never change it on a given day. Even then, turf races can throw up their share of surprise winners.

Tom
11-15-2011, 09:38 PM
Some days it looks like GP changes the rail setting halfway through the damn race! :mad:

PhantomOnTour
11-15-2011, 10:10 PM
Now that they've got Trakus the timing issues should be minimized, but changing rail positions during the card is a total hairball.

Guess i will wait and see for a few weeks with Trakus. If they have results charts like they do in the Trakus demo at the GP site then it shouldn't be too hard.

Robert Fischer
11-15-2011, 10:14 PM
rails are my bread and butter there right now...

besides that I use the meet trip handicap for future.

CincyHorseplayer
11-16-2011, 07:48 PM
CJ,do you have to call GP every race day?

cj
11-16-2011, 09:33 PM
CJ,do you have to call GP every race day?

No, it is all in the charts. If something seems odd, I'll watch the replays and note the rail settings.