PDA

View Full Version : vouchers

jasperson
11-14-2011, 09:16 PM
Does anybody else do this? I make all my bets off from my voucher and never cash it in unless it get to big(rare). That way I always know how I am doing.

speed
11-14-2011, 09:32 PM
Does anybody else do this? I make all my bets off from my voucher and never cash it in unless it get to big(rare). That way I always know how I am doing.
I never cash them in either.
I forget them in the machine. Someone else gets to cash em.

Ocala Mike
11-14-2011, 09:53 PM
What speed said. Big danger in doing this is the chance that you will experience a "senior moment" and leave the big voucher in the machine.

I prefer to keep track in other ways; like to have mostly cash in my wallet and enough on the voucher for my action. Can always buy more vouchers/cash them when they get too big.

Ocala Mike

1GCFAN
11-14-2011, 10:38 PM
Yes, left a couple in the machines on BC weekend. Excited about a pick 4 and crowds are my excuses. One was $74 the other $22.

I typically cash anything over $300

tbwinner
11-15-2011, 12:47 AM
I start with the same amount voucher each day and cash it when I'm leaving. Comes with benefits and drawbacks. Benefits you see how your bankroll is doing and don't have to deal with cash. Drawbacks you might leave it in the machine!

I like when wagering on track at Arlington I can just use my TS card and wagers go through my account.

jasperson
11-15-2011, 07:19 AM
I never cash them in either.
I forget them in the machine. Someone else gets to cash em.
I have left a few of them too. I did get somebody's $450 voucher and I did turn it in to the mutual office in case somebody came back to claim it. Nobody did and in 2 weeks I got it back.:) I now keep 2 vouchers one small and the other most of my money that way it I leave the small one it is not a big hit.

pondman
11-15-2011, 10:08 AM

I go to extremes. I only play on the nose, and this year all of my bets have been for over $100. I rarely cash them and spend an afternoon at SA cashing them. I go to great lengths not to go to the same teller. I want in and out without anyone knowing my identity. I've been know for sending them to my crew at different outlets in California for Cashing.

therussmeister
11-15-2011, 11:04 AM
I've only left a voucher in a machine once in my life, that's all it took for me to learn. Today's machines, where I play, have a button that says done next to the button that says print, which automatically spits out both your ticket and voucher. Although you don't have to hit the done button to get your ticket, it is a good visual reminder.

thaskalos
11-15-2011, 01:38 PM
I go to extremes. I only play on the nose, and this year all of my bets have been for over $100. I rarely cash them and spend an afternoon at SA cashing them. I go to great lengths not to go to the same teller. I want in and out without anyone knowing my identity. I've been know for sending them to my crew at different outlets in California for Cashing.
If you are concerned with keeping your identity a secret, why not cash your vouchers on a more regular basis?

What's the benefit of keeping vouchers in your pocket instead of cash?

Hoofless_Wonder
11-15-2011, 08:24 PM
... I did get somebody's $450 voucher and I did turn it in to the mutual office in case somebody came back to claim it. Nobody did and in 2 weeks I got it back.:)....

Lucky you. I found a $500+ voucher at Turfway once back in 1997, turned it in to the mutuals department, and never heard another thing. Thought for a minute I was on candid camera. Found another one the day before for $75, and wrote down the bet the guy had printed out before leaving the voucher behind. After the race, this guy was poking around the machine as if he was hoping to find a voucher. I asked him if he left a voucher in the machine, and after he verified the approximate amount and showed me his ticket on the last bet made (it was a losing tri ticket), I returned it to him. He was happy, and bought me a beer.

Another case I heard about was a guy I knew at Turf Paradise finding a voucher in a machine for a few hundred dollars, cashing it in quickly and leaving the track. The ensuing "voucher-gate" investigation got him barred from the track - between the video cameras and the mutual system, they were able to track him down when the original owner complained it was missing.

Back on topic - on those rare occasions I do go to the track and OTB, I prefer to use vouchers as it does allow to keep a running tab on how the day is going. One drawback is that when hitting a few races early, one tends to increase the size of bets, and that often doesn't end well.....

Fingal
11-17-2011, 11:31 AM
If you are concerned with keeping your identity a secret, why not cash your vouchers on a more regular basis?

What's the benefit of keeping vouchers in your pocket instead of cash?

Big voucher- don't wait until the end of the day when everyone else is settling up & tellers want to go home. I save it then come back another day & do it as soon as the windows open as the track is empty of people. If one wants anonymity that's another way to keep from accumulating new friends that heard of your score wanting at least a beer or worse you ending up mugged.

FYI- hanging around my teller friend I seem to see more people coming up to her window buying $300-500 vouchers instead of using the individual voucher selling machines