PDA

View Full Version : TVG Ignoring Mountaineer

BombsAway Bob
11-14-2011, 06:46 PM
For the last few Sundays, & again tonite,
TVG would rather show canned shorts rather
than air Mountaineer races, even though they
accept wagering from them. What's The Dealio?
Inquiring Minds want to know...
(& Watch races)

mannyberrios
11-14-2011, 07:56 PM
For the last few Sundays, & again tonite,
TVG would rather show canned shorts rather
than air Mountaineer races, even though they
accept wagering from them. What's The Dealio?
Inquiring Minds want to know...
(& Watch races)
I know what you mean, I wish they had the Mountian also

lamboguy
11-14-2011, 08:28 PM
i don't think TVG will take the mountain without getting paid to take it, it might have something to do with charlestown.

the best racing analysis on the air is the nancy and mark show. you can get them on your adw video feed.

Tom
11-14-2011, 10:10 PM
Why would TVG be interested in anything related to actual races?
The way to get people to bet is to ignore all live racing, didn't you know that?

proximity
11-14-2011, 10:42 PM
wish i would have ignored it myself tonight. :(

toetoe
11-15-2011, 12:52 AM
Of course they ignored Golden Gate Fields (not their track) on Thursday; on Friday as well; on Saturday as well. Then they interviewed the trainer of the favorite for the race eventually won by Straight Story, and the guy went on and on about the owner --- Frank Stronach. :D

P.S. Speaking of TVG ... as well ... as well ... as well ... as well ...

Canarsie
11-15-2011, 07:03 AM
It's called a business model and for once I can't blame them. Why should they show a track where their profit margin is slim. If they did it would encourage others to follow them.

The better question would be why doesn't HRTV televise the mountain and show racing at night.

You can watch on a computer, tablet, or phone I don't need to hear two goofballs say something like this.

Host 1: This a a very contentious race
Host 2: I know _____, that's why I'm singling in the P4. :bang:

If you open a NYRA account, subscribe to Cal Racing, and pick up the live Woodbine feed there is absolutely no reason to watch. It's not in hi def so the picture surely can't be the argument.

Tampa Russ
11-15-2011, 07:16 AM
i don't think TVG will take the mountain without getting paid to take it, it might have something to do with charlestown.

the best racing analysis on the air is the nancy and mark show. you can get them on your adw video feed.

It's the only live feed I watch. Nancy and Mark are the best!

BombsAway Bob
11-15-2011, 11:19 AM
It's called a business model and for once I can't blame them. Why should they show a track where their profit margin is slim. If they did it would encourage others to follow them.

The better question would be why doesn't HRTV televise the mountain and show racing at night.

You can watch on a computer, tablet, or phone I don't need to hear two goofballs say something like this.

If you open a NYRA account, subscribe to Cal Racing, and pick up the live Woodbine feed there is absolutely no reason to watch. It's not in hi def so the picture surely can't be the argument.
i have TVG & Twinspires, getting to view races isn't the issue.
it's called watching on a Big TV Screen rather than a 15" monitior.
i always have my Live Track feed on, regardless of TV Coverage.

theguarantee
11-15-2011, 11:36 AM

Just heard a Finger Lakes analyst mention that a trainer "has had some success with lightly raced first timers in the past."

Canarsie
11-15-2011, 02:22 PM
i have TVG & Twinspires, getting to view races isn't the issue.
it's called watching on a Big TV Screen rather than a 15" monitior.
i always have my Live Track feed on, regardless of TV Coverage.

Seriously what's the issue then? Isn't Betfair/TVG entitled to earn a fair return of their investment by signing agreements with exclusive tracks? I think the whole process stinks but "it is what it is".

More tracks are moving away from the "exclusive" contract that's why there can be a big gap in coverage. I know you play Los Alamitos a lot do you know how much money TVG makes if I wager there from 4NJBets or someone from Twinspires? If Mountaineer would give them the same deal I'm sure that would show them.

It's amazing hardly anyone complains that NYRA is on tape delay just don't get it. I am really glad I joined NYRA Rewards and can view the entire post parade. It doesn't hurt that they have a far superior team there along with Tom and Nancy at Mountaineer.

Bottom line is Betfair and Penn National Gaming have a different agenda then pleasing horseplayers.

Hopefully mountainman can expound on this he has a better grasp than me. He should know the details why they were dropped yet they continue to show Presque Isle Downs. My only guess would be the contract hasn't expired yet.

Tom
11-15-2011, 02:47 PM
Business models NEVER enter into my evaluation of a product. Of course they are free to run their business as they see fit, just we views are free to criticize them for it.

My 2 cents - both TVG and HRTV are at best half-assed. A real horse racing network would be a welcome relief and I would drop both of the two pretenders in a heart beat.

Canarsie
11-15-2011, 04:45 PM
Business models NEVER enter into my evaluation of a product. Of course they are free to run their business as they see fit, just we views are free to criticize them for it.

My 2 cents - both TVG and HRTV are at best half-assed. A real horse racing network would be a welcome relief and I would drop both of the two pretenders in a heart beat.

Well then you are agreeing with me because HRTV shows Mountaineer when Santa Anita is running. If anyone is the "guilty" party in this its them. Does network television listen to the viewers when they cancel shows? They really don't give a rats a** it's all about the buck.

As to your comment about both of them I couldn't agree more. If I really wanted to watch it on my HDTV I can send it from my computer to the screen. I do it sometimes but it's a hassle so not that much.

Maybe there's a slim chance Versus gets involved somehow since it's owned by Comcast.

Al Gobbi
11-15-2011, 06:50 PM
It's been a long time since TVG has shown MNR. I think they were last on in 2008.

Tom
11-15-2011, 09:41 PM
2008....wow!
That was the last time Todd picked a winner, wasn't it? :lol: