PDA

View Full Version : Week 14 NFL

Valuist
12-04-2003, 01:35 PM
46-32 ATS documented at Sportswireonline.com (tied for third in the Pick Six contest).

BALT -3.5. I like Cincy's team but this is strictly a situational play. Cincy is in their 3rd straight road game, and is the only team in the NFL this season to do that. Playing a smashmouth team in your 3rd straight road game is not a good situation. Cincy is also coming off a last minute win over hated rival Pitt.

Chicago +7 The Bears have covered 7 in a row and have improved significantly after an awful start. Favre is less than 100% with the broken thumb so they must rely heavily on Ahman Green who ran wild in the first meeting. Bears run D is much better now than earlier in the season. Looks like too many pts in a divisional revenge game.

NEW ENG -3 this is a matchup play. Miami's D strength is their run D; NE doesn't run the ball. On offense Miami wants to run the ball but NE defends the run better than the pass. Miami has turned the ball over 26 times and NE has forced 27. Toss in the warm-weather team going to play in the cold and NE should continue their winning ways

DENVER -3 Denver dominated KC in the first matchup but a late Dante Hall PR TD gave KC a 1 pt win. Portis could run wild against a shaky KC run defense. Broncos extract seasonal revenge here.

Bubbles
12-06-2003, 05:23 PM
Denver minus 3? You'd take a team who just recently went from 6-1 to 6-5 (or something like that) over the best team in the NFL, WHILE GIVING A FIELD GOAL? I don't think so. KC wins by 7 or 10.

Valuist
12-06-2003, 10:13 PM
I don't think too many teams will win games when Danny Kanell is their starting QB. He was for 3 games for Denver, but Plummer is back. Denver outplayed KC in the first matchup; having big edges in yardage; KC needed a late punt return TD to get the win. KC does not defend the run well and Portis is one of the top RBs in the NFL. Vegas knows KC isn't as good as their record indicates; that's why the line is where it is.

Bubbles
12-07-2003, 05:23 PM
In the Daily News, NYC paper, it lists Denver by 1 1/2. At last check it was 7-7.

Valuist
12-07-2003, 07:19 PM
I'll take the 3-1 anyday and Denver further exposed how fraudulent KC's defense is. Portis ran wild; 219 rush yards and 5 TDs. And not surprisingly, Miami's O struggled big time in the cold.

SAL
12-07-2003, 07:43 PM
Nice calls Valuist. You make good cases for your picks. I needed New England to complete a 4 team parlay that I played. I was glad to see you liked them also. I also agreed with your assessment of KC, I think that they aren't nearly as good as most people think. They got all the breaks during the first half of the season.