PDA

View Full Version : Cain says God persuaded him to run for president...

thaskalos
11-13-2011, 03:28 AM
...and he compares himself to Moses. :)

http://news.yahoo.com/cain-says-god-persuaded-him-run-president-204548374.html

PaceAdvantage
11-13-2011, 03:45 AM
I don't understand why this is a story.

A great majority of the US population prays on a regular basis and relies on their relationship with God to hold a strong influence over their lives.

Is this supposed to be some sort of "negative" for Cain? Because you seem to be presenting it as such.

thaskalos
11-13-2011, 04:02 AM
I don't understand why this is a story.

A great majority of the US population prays on a regular basis and relies on their relationship with God to hold a strong influence over their lives.

Is this supposed to be some sort of "negative" for Cain? Because you seem to be presenting it as such.
It wasn't I who thought that this is a "story"...the Associated Press did.

And I would never call a close relationship with God a "negative".

I just think that it's a little odd to see a presidential candidate inform us of his dialog with God...right after repeated sexual harassment allegations.

But hey...I could be wrong.

After all...the Lord works in mysterious ways.

boxcar
11-13-2011, 06:59 AM
It wasn't I who thought that this is a "story"...the Associated Press did.

And I would never call a close relationship with God a "negative".

I just think that it's a little odd to see a presidential candidate inform us of his dialog with God...right after repeated sexual harassment allegations.

But hey...I could be wrong.

After all...the Lord works in mysterious ways.

Let me see if I have this right: People have alleged sexual harassment charges against Cain, so this somehow is supposed restrain Cain (who has also alleged his innocence) from communicating with God? Why?

I tell you a truth: There is a far more disconnect between Obama's recent assertion that he knows what God wants him to do (see article in "Religious" thread) and his proven character deficiencies many, many times over.

Boxcar

Robert Goren
11-13-2011, 07:46 AM
A desperate man who has started sliding in the latest polls looking to get the votes of the Boxcars of the republican party. I love his latest gaff mentioned in the latter part of the article about Obama discontinuing the space shuttle when it was GWB who made that decision.

Tom
11-13-2011, 07:57 AM
Blame Bush. :rolleyes:

fast4522
11-13-2011, 08:43 AM
Accomplished man, and well ??

Robert Goren
11-13-2011, 10:26 AM
Blame Bush. :rolleyes: I actually think that putting an end to space shuttle was one of the few good decisions that Bush made. Just go to show how desperate Cain is. Take a good decision made by a republican, act like it is bad one and blame it on Obama. Is this really the best guy you can up with?
I sure that Newt will be up a few more points in the polls after the debate last night. He is going to the GOP nod by default. He made his dumb statement early enough that everybody has forgot about it. Now if he can just keep from making another one.

Tom
11-13-2011, 10:51 AM
Is this really the best guy you can up with?

Who knows?
That is the purpose of the debates.

After last night, two names stand out now.....Newt and Michelle.
When all is said and done. the economy and jobs might not be the major issues come November 2012.

Who do WE want taking that call at 3:00 am?

DRIVEWAY
11-13-2011, 11:12 AM
Who knows?
That is the purpose of the debates.

After last night, two names stand out now.....Newt and Michelle.
When all is said and done. the economy and jobs might not be the major issues come November 2012.

Who do WE want taking that call at 3:00 am?

You're probably right.

Cain makes Newt look like a choir boy and Perry makes Michelle sound like a poet.

Romney's your run of the mill Rhino who doesn't belong.

Let's hear it for a Gingrich-Bachman ticket.

At the very least the Republicans will be united.

lsbets
11-13-2011, 11:19 AM
Cain first said that a long time ago, around when he announced. It has nothing to do with desperation, its what he believes.

Ocala Mike
11-13-2011, 11:49 AM
...and to reach up women's skirts seeking the burning bush. ;)

Ocala Mike

TJDave
11-13-2011, 12:35 PM

Belief in a personal God is fine, as long as you keep it that way...

PERSONAL.

I got no problem with folks talking to God, teenagers do it before a math test, soldiers in foxholes, etc. It's when they claim that God talks back. That's when I run for the aisles.

boxcar
11-13-2011, 12:38 PM
I actually think that putting an end to space shuttle was one of the few good decisions that Bush made. Just go to show how desperate Cain is. Take a good decision made by a republican, act like it is bad one and blame it on Obama. Is this really the best guy you can up with?
I sure that Newt will be up a few more points in the polls after the debate last night. He is going to the GOP nod by default. He made his dumb statement early enough that everybody has forgot about it. Now if he can just keep from making another one.

You're really concerned about "dumb" statements candidates and politicians make, eh? You should lobby to have Congress pass a "three-strikes-you're out" impeachment law whenever a president meets his quota. If such a law were in place, I believe Obama would have been impeached around 7 times, already.

Boxcar

boxcar
11-13-2011, 12:42 PM

PERSONAL.

I got no problem with folks talking to God, teenagers do it before a math test, soldiers in foxholes, etc. It's when they claim that God talks back. That's when I run for the aisles.

God does talk to his people, just not in the way you think today. Do you think God is both deaf and dumb? He's God who neither hears, nor can he "speak"?

Boxcar

xtb
11-13-2011, 01:39 PM
I love his latest gaff mentioned in the latter part of the article about Obama discontinuing the space shuttle when it was GWB who made that decision.

When Bush made the decision to discontinue the 30 year old space shuttle program, there was a replacement program. Obama cancelled the Constellation program meant to replace the shuttle, leaving us with nothing.

Tom
11-13-2011, 02:23 PM
Obama took over a lot of stuff Bush started and has so far left us with nothing in every case.

Somehow,reaching out to muslims was more important for NASA to do. :lol:

Robert Goren
11-13-2011, 02:31 PM
When Bush made the decision to discontinue the 30 year old space shuttle program, there was a replacement program. Obama cancelled the Constellation program meant to replace the shuttle, leaving us with nothing.So you support throwing good money after bad. The Constellation program was total failure since day one. Not even the house republicans are bitching about its ending.

bigmack
11-13-2011, 02:35 PM
So you support throwing good money after bad. The Constellation program was total failure since day one. Not even the house republicans are bitching about its ending.
Before you go rambling on about more nonsense, take the time to realize you were wrong with your previous statement about Bush/Obama and the cancellation of the space program.

Don't forget to stop and smell your false ideas.

Robert Goren
11-13-2011, 03:03 PM
Before you go rambling on about more nonsense, take the time to realize you were wrong with your previous statement about Bush/Obama and the cancellation of the space program.

Don't forget to stop and smell your false ideas.Please name the all the house republicans who want to go back to spending money on the Constellation program. You might find one or two whose districts who benefited from the program, but I think you find most don't want to spend taxpayer on a bad program. There is a case to be made for a space program just not the Constellation program with all its waste and cost-over-runs. With the republicans emphasizing budget cuts, I don't think we will see much of a US government one in the near future.

bigmack
11-13-2011, 03:14 PM
Please name the all the house republicans who want to go back to spending money on the Constellation program. You might find one or two whose districts who benefited from the program, but I think you find most don't want to spend taxpayer on a bad program. There is a case to be made for a space program just not the Constellation program with all its waste and cost-over-runs. With the republicans emphasizing budget cuts, I don't think we will see much of a US government one in the near future.
Whoa there, Trigger. Here's the horse you came ridin' in on.

A desperate man who has started sliding in the latest polls looking to get the votes of the Boxcars of the republican party. I love his latest gaff mentioned in the latter part of the article about Obama discontinuing the space shuttle when it was GWB who made that decision.

Now you're prattling off about House R's :confused:

You were wrong. Leave it at that.

Robert Goren
11-13-2011, 03:29 PM
Bigmack, you are the one got off the Constellation program. All I did is point out the error that was mentioned in the cited source that Cain said Obama ended the Shuttle program. Something you would think a candidate would check before he brought it up in a debate. Somebody in the Cain camp didn't do their homework. It went largely unreported in the media because of Perry's brain freeze.

TJDave
11-13-2011, 03:29 PM
When Bush made the decision to discontinue the 30 year old space shuttle program, there was a replacement program. Obama cancelled the Constellation program meant to replace the shuttle, leaving us with nothing.

Do you think either counseled with God about it?

Would you think they should?

If so, what do you think he said?

Does God listen to the prayers of politicians...republicans and democrats?

How about the prayers of starving children? :rolleyes:

xtb
11-13-2011, 03:46 PM
Do you think either counseled with God about it?

Would you think they should?

If so, what do you think he said?

Does God listen to the prayers of politicians...republicans and democrats?

How about the prayers of starving children? :rolleyes:

That is the strangest response I've ever seen to a post of mine.

Tom
11-13-2011, 04:00 PM
...or of anyone!

bigmack
11-13-2011, 04:02 PM
Something you would think a candidate would check before he brought it up in a debate. Somebody in the Cain camp didn't do their homework. It went largely unreported in the media because of Perry's brain freeze.
I wouldn't lose too much sleep over such silliness.

Speaking of largely unreported, take a peek at these beauties. And HE was elected!

ap2Cg_FDRy4

TJDave
11-13-2011, 04:03 PM
That is the strangest response I've ever seen to a post of mine.

Sorry, it wasn't directed at you or your post but the "holier-than-thou" in the crowd. Self-righteousness run amok.

boxcar
11-13-2011, 07:09 PM
Sorry, it wasn't directed at you or your post but the "holier-than-thou" in the crowd. Self-righteousness run amok.

But never to be outdone by your self-imposed ignorance of the scriptures -- even "your own"! Have you ever considered actually reading the 39 books in the OT canon?

Boxcar

mostpost
11-13-2011, 08:24 PM
I wouldn't lose too much sleep over such silliness.

Speaking of largely unreported, take a peek at these beauties. And HE was elected!

ap2Cg_FDRy4

Whoever made this video is an idiot. It wasn't you was it? Several of the clips could be describes as "who cares?" Who cares if Obama was confused between Sioux Falls and Sioux City? Who cares if he said 57 states? Who cares if Obama said his uncle liberated Auschwitz when he actually liberated Birkenau?
The point is Obama'a uncle was one of the troops that liberated a Nazi death camp. The point is that seeing that had a traumatizing effect on him. But the jerk who made the video ignores that so he can score a political point. I'm sure it wasn't you.

Funny how Obama made his 10,000 died comment with his back turned to the camera. I'm certain there was no creative editing there. :rolleyes:

Fallen Heroes? I think you can be a fallen hero even if you don't die. If you are an injured hero, I consider you to be a fallen hero. Who says my opinion is wrong.

Selma? I don't get that one. That was just wrong.

Soviet missiles were removed from Cuba through negotiation. The Vienna summit had nothing to do with it. Soviet Missiles weren't even in Cuba until months after the summit. Vienna was not the only time Kennedy and Khruschev spoke and negotiations do not have to be between the heads of government.

Obama did not say Chavez came to power during the Bush administration. He said Chavez stepped into the vacuum caused by Bush's neglect of hemisphere politics. Oh, Chavez did not come to power in 1998. He was elected in 1998.

Finally, Obama does not think Afghans speak Arabic languages. He clearly states at 3:25 of the video that they do not. He even names the major dialects spoken in Afghanistan-Dari and Pashto.

All in all the video is pathetic as will be your response when you complain about my using facts and what you call "nitpicking to dispute it.

mostpost
11-13-2011, 08:32 PM
While they were talking, you would think God would have mentioned about China having nuclear weapons.

bigmack
11-13-2011, 08:36 PM
While they were talking, you would think God would have mentioned about China having nuclear weapons.
Alter that herculean post of carrying water for your leader, with no shortage of 'who cares', you throw this little Molotov cocktail at Cain?

Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

mostpost
11-13-2011, 08:38 PM
Alter that herculean post of carrying water for your leader, with no shortage of 'who cares', you throw this little Molotov cocktail at Cain?

Mine was tongue in cheek.

lsbets
11-13-2011, 08:41 PM

More like head in ass.

Boris
11-13-2011, 08:42 PM
Fallen Heroes? I think you can be a fallen hero even if you don't die. If you are an injured hero, I consider you to be a fallen hero. Who says my opinion is wrong.

The Dictionary.

bigmack
11-13-2011, 08:45 PM
I understand. And if 'coach' put you in QB for the fourth quarter your HS could have made 'State', right?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhdlz6Jkv11qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

More like head in ass.

:lol:

boxcar
11-13-2011, 09:14 PM
Whoever made this video is an idiot. It wasn't you was it? Several of the clips could be describes as "who cares?" Who cares if Obama was confused between Sioux Falls and Sioux City? Who cares if he said 57 states? Who cares if Obama said his uncle liberated Auschwitz when he actually liberated Birkenau?
The point is Obama'a uncle was one of the troops that liberated a Nazi death camp. The point is that seeing that had a traumatizing effect on him. But the jerk who made the video ignores that so he can score a political point. I'm sure it wasn't you.

Funny how Obama made his 10,000 died comment with his back turned to the camera. I'm certain there was no creative editing there. :rolleyes:

No one had to edit anything. Obama's heart is colder than a corpse packed in 6 feet deep dry ice. "Traumatizing effect"? :lol: :lol: Ice water runs through this guys veins. Ask his brother who lives in a mud floor hut in a thatch hut deep in the rain forest somewhere. Or you might wanna ask his auntie Onyango, too, who he left languishing on what -- food stamps and welfare plus a homeless shelter thrown in for good measure? Mercy and compassion are certainly not BO's strong suits.

Boxcar

TJDave
11-13-2011, 09:15 PM

Don't you fret none. I expect Cain can take it. After all, his candidacy has been ordained on high. He told us so. :rolleyes:

Here's the deal:

I say God is wrong. Cain will not be the next president.

Impossible, right? Because as we all know...God doesn't lie. ;)

NJ Stinks
11-13-2011, 10:07 PM
More like head in ass.

You are turning out to be a disappointment.

lsbets
11-13-2011, 10:56 PM
You are turning out to be a disappointment.

I'm crushed that I have not been able to live down to your standards. I'm sure you thought that voluminous post to which I referred was completely brilliant.

mostpost
11-14-2011, 02:01 AM
For those of you who think "Fallen Heroes" only means dead soldiers.
http://www.fallenheroesfund.org/
Click on About IFHF to read their mission statement.
Here is the first paragraph.
The Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund is a leader in supporting the men and women of the Armed Forces and their families. Begun in 2000 under the auspices of the Intrepid Museum Foundation and established as an independent not-for-profit organization in 2003, the Fund has provided close to $120 million in support for the families of military personnel lost in service to our nation, and for severely wounded military personnel and veterans. These efforts are funded entirely with donations from the public, and hundreds of thousands of individuals have contributed to the Fund.

BTW, while I was there I made a modest contribution to the fund. It would be good if some of you did the same. The amount does not matter.

Actor
11-14-2011, 06:31 AM
And I would never call a close relationship with God a "negative".Depends. If he talks to God that's one thing. If God talks back that's a negative. :lol:

Actor
11-14-2011, 06:42 AM
The Dictionary.Webster's or Oxford?

PaceAdvantage
11-14-2011, 12:45 PM
A desperate man who has started sliding in the latest polls looking to get the votes of the Boxcars of the republican party. I love his latest gaff mentioned in the latter part of the article about Obama discontinuing the space shuttle when it was GWB who made that decision.Come on man...sliding? You're just upset he hasn't slid much further...in fact, I bet you're pretty shocked he's still right there at the top...

After all, before these charges even hit, you and others were calling Cain nothing more than the "flavor of the month."

PaceAdvantage
11-14-2011, 12:47 PM

PERSONAL.

I got no problem with folks talking to God, teenagers do it before a math test, soldiers in foxholes, etc. It's when they claim that God talks back. That's when I run for the aisles.That's not how I interpret it...but I understand why you falsely interpret it the way you do...

He never claimed God spoke to him with a physical voice inside his head...or outside for that matter...

Tom
11-14-2011, 01:31 PM
Be careful what you wish for.
Look who is number two, in a statistical tie today.....NEWT!

When all is said and done, Newt will be the candidate, and he will beat Obama.
Bookmark this page.

PaceAdvantage
11-14-2011, 01:40 PM

Bookmark this page.I can't see that happening...Newt has plenty of personal baggage of his own that the media will seize upon (yet again)...plus, he's not exactly a favorite of the conservative crowd...

With that said, I don't see how he could possibly garner the nomination over Romney.

Greyfox
11-14-2011, 01:49 PM
Mondays Polls -

Washington (CNN) – A new national survey of Republicans indicates that it's basically all tied up between Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich in the race for the GOP presidential nomination, with Gingrich on the rise and businessman Herman Cain falling due to the sexual harassment allegations he's been facing the past two weeks.

According to a CNN/ORC International Poll released Monday, 24% of Republicans and independents who lean towards the GOP say Romney is their most likely choice for their party's presidential nominee with Gingrich at 22%. Romney's two-point advantage is well within the survey's sampling error.

lsbets
11-14-2011, 02:02 PM
I can't see that happening...Newt has plenty of personal baggage of his own that the media will seize upon (yet again)...plus, he's not exactly a favorite of the conservative crowd...

With that said, I don't see how he could possibly garner the nomination over Romney.

I don't think Gingrich has a problem with conservatives, especially compared to Romney.

His daughter came out and refuted the whole cancer/divorce story. The left won't care what she says, but it reduces the baggage.

Newt has a record as speaker - booming economy,balanced budget, entitlement reform. That is Obama's worst nightmare. A record of success vs. his record.

Can you imagine the debates? Newt would run circles around Obama.

NJ Stinks
11-14-2011, 02:15 PM

Bookmark this page.

Let's take a closer look at the testing race conditions of the GOP Debates:

MAIDEN CLAIMING $2,500 http://equibase.com/images/line.gif
Purse $4,300.For Maidens, Thirty-Five Years Old And Upward. Thirty-Five Year Olds, 122 Lbs.; Older, 124 Lbs. Claiming Price $2,500 (Republican Registered Yahoos Preferred). Sixteen Furlongs.

Wake me up when they hit the far turn. :sleeping:

boxcar
11-14-2011, 02:29 PM
Let's take a closer look at the testing race conditions of the GOP Debates:

MAIDEN CLAIMING $2,500 http://equibase.com/images/line.gif
Purse $4,300.For Maidens, Thirty-Five Years Old And Upward. Thirty-Five Year Olds, 122 Lbs.; Older, 124 Lbs. Claiming Price $2,500 (Republican Registered Yahoos Preferred). Sixteen Furlongs.

Wake me up when they hit the far turn. :sleeping:

It sounds as though that far turn, at some point in your life, has hit you so hard that it has permanently scrambled the furnishings in your attic. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

mostpost
11-14-2011, 03:38 PM
Clinton has a record as President - booming economy,balanced budget, entitlement reform
FTFY :ThmbUp: :D

Greyfox
11-14-2011, 07:08 PM
Herman was asked today by a Wisconsin Editorial board about the American involvement in Libya and did he agree with how Obama handled that situation.

Herman looked totally puzzled and as if he were in a fog.
Unfortunately the video clip of that response is now being aired on most major networks. Independent of the earlier allegations against him, he does not look as though he is sufficently prepared to be President.

Ocala Mike is right. He's cooked. Put a fork in him.

fast4522
11-14-2011, 07:44 PM
You never know Mike, my guess is that he would destroy Obama without a teleprompter!

TJDave
11-14-2011, 09:46 PM
That's not how I interpret it...but I understand why you falsely interpret it the way you do...

He never claimed God spoke to him with a physical voice inside his head...or outside for that matter...

I'm not questioning the how. The methodology makes no difference. He could use a telephone or an Ouiga board. Saying he's talking to God and God, in some fashion, answers.

He's not claiming he doesn't understand God's answers, is he? ;)

newtothegame
11-14-2011, 09:55 PM

Bookmark this page.
, Newt :ThmbUp:

Ocala Mike
11-14-2011, 10:21 PM
Ocala Mike is right. He's cooked. Put a fork in him.

Actually, I was posting about Perry, but it applies as well to pizza man.

Michael Savage posits that Gingrich at the top of the ticket would lose to Obama by 15%, while Cain would beat him by 30% (before today's gaffe).

Look, the ticket's going to be ROMNEY/GINGRICH, face it. The R electorate wants familiar white male faces with experience.

Ocala Mike

Tom
11-14-2011, 10:24 PM
Like the D electorate wanted a Black man and didn't care at all about his having no qualifications.

canleakid
11-14-2011, 10:38 PM
the ? now is will ricky play the part of Lloyd Christmas or Harry Dunne cause herman is felxible :lol:

PaceAdvantage
11-14-2011, 10:40 PM
I'm not questioning the how. The methodology makes no difference. He could use a telephone or an Ouiga board. Saying he's talking to God and God, in some fashion, answers.

He's not claiming he doesn't understand God's answers, is he? ;)It's sad the lengths some will go...you know exactly what he means...the same as the vast majority of Americans (who ARE the majority) who believe in prayer and believe in God.

Native Texan III
11-16-2011, 07:25 PM
It's sad the lengths some will go...you know exactly what he means...the same as the vast majority of Americans (who ARE the majority) who believe in prayer and believe in God.

They certainly do.
It is offensive though for a politician to lie about such matters to try to boost his diminishing chances with the electorate. Politicians lie. A politician that tells the truth to shame the devil does not and never has existed.
A true Christian keeps such matters between himself and his maker.

Cain could have told the reporter. I know nothing about USA policy on Libya.
He did not, but agonised over which lie he could get away with. He was found out bearing false witness.

"“But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly” (Matt. 6:6). "

"Receiving Answers to Prayers. A significant minority of Americans say their prayers result in definite and specific answers from God at least once a month (31%), with nearly one-in-five adults (19%) saying they receive direct answers to specific prayer requests at least once a week.
More than half of Mormons (54%) say they receive responses to prayer at least once or twice a month, as do half or nearly half of members of historically black churches (50%), Jehovah’s Witnesses (49%) and members of evangelical Protestant churches (46%). These are largely the same groups – Jehovah’s Witnesses are the exception – that also are most likely to say they
have experienced or witnessed a divine healing of an illness or injury.

By contrast, members of most other religious traditions tend to be less likely to report familiarity with this kind of direct interaction with the divine."

boxcar
11-16-2011, 08:09 PM
Don't worry about Cain, Tex. At least he knows where Asia is and where Hawaii is and the twain shall never meet. This is far more than BO knows. BO's problem is the exact opposite of Cain's: God may have given BO over to a reprobate mind already, so that he really doesn't know his right from his left! At least all his numerous gaffes seem to suggest this as a feasible possibility.

Obama Makes Another Gaffe — References Hawaii as Being in ‘Asia’

Spoken while on Hawaiian soil:

“When I meet with world leaders, what’s striking — whether it’s in Europe or here in Asia

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/obama-makes-another-embarrassing-gaffe-references-hawaii-as-being-in-asia/

Boxcar

Tom
11-16-2011, 11:27 PM
Our 57th state is in ASIA?????

Wow!

One would think that if you were allegedly born there, you would have a clue.
But then, Obama has never had a clue. Maybe his teleprompter was born there.

mostpost
11-17-2011, 12:16 AM
Don't worry about Cain, Tex. At least he knows where Asia is and where Hawaii is and the twain shall never meet. This is far more than BO knows. BO's problem is the exact opposite of Cain's: God may have given BO over to a reprobate mind already, so that he really doesn't know his right from his left! At least all his numerous gaffes seem to suggest this as a feasible possibility.

“When I meet with world leaders, what’s striking — whether it’s in Europe or here in Asia

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/obama-makes-another-embarrassing-gaffe-references-hawaii-as-being-in-asia/

Boxcar

Geographically Hawaii is as much in Asia as it is in North America. Culturally it is more in Asia than North America. 48.6% of Hawaiians are Asian, Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander. 24.7% are white.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaii#Geography_and_environment

Hawaii is the only state of the United States that is not geographically located in North America

Hawaii is a part of Polynesia. Polynesia is considered part of Asia geographically. Polynesia is a triangle or pyramid with Hawaii as the northern tip, New Zealand as the Southwestern tip and Easter Island the southeastern corner.

Obama was right and Obama knew what he was saying, unlike the uneducated on this thread. :bang:

lsbets
11-17-2011, 12:20 AM
Geographically Hawaii is as much in Asia as it is in North America. Culturally it is more in Asia than North America. 48.6% of Hawaiians are Asian, Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander. 24.7% are white.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaii#Geography_and_environment

Hawaii is a part of Polynesia. Polynesia is considered part of Asia geographically. Polynesia is a triangle or pyramid with Hawaii as the northern tip, New Zealand as the Southwestern tip and Easter Island the southeastern corner.

Obama was right and Obama knew what he was saying, unlike the uneducated on this thread. :bang:

Polynesia is not Asia, and polynesians are not Asians.

Polynesia is characterized by a small amount of land spread over 70 million square miles of Pacific Ocean. Most Polynesian islands and archipelagos, including the Hawaiian islands and Samoa, are composed of volcanic islands built by hotspots. New Zealand, Norfolk Island, and Ouvéa, the Polynesian outlier near New Caledonia, are the unsubmerged portions of the largely sunken continent of Zealandia. Zealandia is believed to have mostly sunken by 23 mya and resurfaced geologically recently due to a change in the movements of the Pacific Plate in relation to the Indo-Australian plate, which served to uplift the New Zealand portion. At first, the Pacific plate was subducted under the Australian plate. The Alpine Fault that traverses the South Island is currently a transform fault while the convergent plate boundary from the North Island Northwards is a subduction zone called the Kermadec-Tonga Subduction Zone. The volcanism associated with this subduction zone is the origin of the Kermadec and Tongan island archipelagos.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polynesia

Nice try Clavin.

mostpost
11-17-2011, 12:34 AM
Polynesia is not Asia, and polynesians are not Asians.

Polynesia is characterized by a small amount of land spread over 70 million square miles of Pacific Ocean. Most Polynesian islands and archipelagos, including the Hawaiian islands and Samoa, are composed of volcanic islands built by hotspots. New Zealand, Norfolk Island, and Ouvéa, the Polynesian outlier near New Caledonia, are the unsubmerged portions of the largely sunken continent of Zealandia. Zealandia is believed to have mostly sunken by 23 mya and resurfaced geologically recently due to a change in the movements of the Pacific Plate in relation to the Indo-Australian plate, which served to uplift the New Zealand portion. At first, the Pacific plate was subducted under the Australian plate. The Alpine Fault that traverses the South Island is currently a transform fault while the convergent plate boundary from the North Island Northwards is a subduction zone called the Kermadec-Tonga Subduction Zone. The volcanism associated with this subduction zone is the origin of the Kermadec and Tongan island archipelagos.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polynesia

Nice try Clavin.

If Polynesia is not Asian, it is certainly not North American. Here is some information from your link.
DNA studies suggest that the indigenous Pacific Islands population migrated from Taiwan thousands of years ago

Taiwan is a part of Asia. Polynesians descended from Asians. Hawaii is part of Polynesia. Hawaii is a part of Asia culturally and geographically, Hawaii is a part of the United States Politically. It is not a part of North America.

lamboguy
11-17-2011, 12:35 AM
no racetracks in hawaii, and a very anti-gambling state. but still a very beautiful, peaceful and soothing place to be. i would love to be living in a bungalow on poipu beach in kuwaii.

mostpost
11-17-2011, 12:49 AM
no racetracks in hawaii, and a very anti-gambling state. but still a very beautiful, peaceful and soothing place to be. i would love to be living in a bungalow on poipu beach in kuwaii.

When you go, ask them if they're in Asia ;)

boxcar
11-17-2011, 12:50 AM
If Polynesia is not Asian, it is certainly not North American. Here is some information from your link.

Taiwan is a part of Asia. Polynesians descended from Asians. Hawaii is part of Polynesia. Hawaii is a part of Asia culturally and geographically, Hawaii is a part of the United States Politically. It is not a part of North America.

You're out of your gord. What Hawaii is culturally is not the issue. What Hawaii is geographically is the issue. LS nailed it perfectly. In fact, technically, Hawaii is part of that subgroup called Oceania. Hawaii is no more in Asia than it is in the U.S. Kabish? :rolleyes:

Going by your convoluted logic, you might as well say that since the Brits descended from Europeans and Britain is part of Europe and some Brits settled here in America, that the U.S. is part of Europe geographically -- or for that matter even culturally at this late date. :rolleyes:

Buy one of those trikes. Take it for a spin, and while at -- err... get a load off your mind. You'll feel better and you might actually make sense in something you write.

Boxcar

mostpost
11-17-2011, 01:11 AM
I am rethinking the Hawaii is in Asia theory. I would say it is in neither Asia nor North America.

Does that mean Obama was wrong when he said "Here, in Asia?" Remember, Obama lived in Hawaii-he also lived in Asia. Maybe he has a greater knowledge of the attitudes of the Hawaiians than you or I. With half the population of Hawaii being of Asia descent, it is possible that the residents of that state cling to their Asian heritage.

hcap
11-17-2011, 01:38 AM
Well, I see during my sabbatical from off topic, the usual crap is still on parade. So although Obama is intellectually one of our brightest Presidents (obviously :bang: ), the usual suspects here somehow think he, is among our least intelligent.

Speaking of smarts..............

Bush and Geography

"The point now is how do we work together to achieve important goals. And one such goal is a democracy in Germany." (5th May 2006)

"Wow! Brazil is big." (6th Nov 2005)

"The problem with the French is that they don't have a word for entrepreneur."

"My trip to Asia begins here in Japan for an important reason. It begins here because for a century and a half now, America and Japan have formed one of the great and enduring alliances of modern times. From that alliance has come an era of peace in the Pacific." (18th Feb 2002)

"Border relations between Canada and Mexico have never been better." (24 Sep 2001)

"But I also made it clear to [Russian President Vladimir Putin] that it's important to think beyond the old days of when we had the concept that if we blew each other up, the world would be safe." (1st May 2001)

Maybe not related to geography, but....

"We actually misnamed the war on terror. It ought to be the Struggle Against Ideological Extremists Who Do Not Believe in Free Societies Who Happen to Use Terror as a Weapon to Try to Shake the Conscience of the Free World." (6th Aug 2004)

boxcar
11-17-2011, 01:40 AM
I am rethinking the Hawaii is in Asia theory. I would say it is in neither Asia nor North America.

Does that mean Obama was wrong when he said "Here, in Asia?" Remember, Obama lived in Hawaii-he also lived in Asia. Maybe he has a greater knowledge of the attitudes of the Hawaiians than you or I. With half the population of Hawaii being of Asia descent, it is possible that the residents of that state cling to their Asian heritage.

See: I told you that riding on that enviro-friendly machine while cleaning out your "mind" would work wonders. :D

But, yes, it does mean BO was wrong. Hawaii is more in N.A. than in Asia, simply because we are unquestionably politically-connected. And Hawaii was never part of Asia geographically.

Boxcar

boxcar
11-17-2011, 01:46 AM
Well, I see during my sabbatical from off topic, the usual crap is still on parade. So although Obama is intellectually one of our brightest Presidents (obviously :bang: ), the usual suspects here somehow think he, is among our least intelligent.

If he's so intelligent, why doesn't he release his school records? If he's so intelligent, why is he a teleprompter cripple? If he's so intelligent, why so many gaffes in 3 years that could practically fill a novel-length book?

Bush and Geography

You're stuck on the wrong stupid. Obama makes Bush look a genius!

Boxcar

thaskalos
11-17-2011, 01:57 AM

Bush and Geography

"The point now is how do we work together to achieve important goals. And one such goal is a democracy in Germany." (5th May 2006)

"Wow! Brazil is big." (6th Nov 2005)

"The problem with the French is that they don't have a word for entrepreneur."

"My trip to Asia begins here in Japan for an important reason. It begins here because for a century and a half now, America and Japan have formed one of the great and enduring alliances of modern times. From that alliance has come an era of peace in the Pacific." (18th Feb 2002)

"Border relations between Canada and Mexico have never been better." (24 Sep 2001)

"But I also made it clear to [Russian President Vladimir Putin] that it's important to think beyond the old days of when we had the concept that if we blew each other up, the world would be safe." (1st May 2001)

Maybe not related to geography, but....

"We actually misnamed the war on terror. It ought to be the Struggle Against Ideological Extremists Who Do Not Believe in Free Societies Who Happen to Use Terror as a Weapon to Try to Shake the Conscience of the Free World." (6th Aug 2004)
" Amigo! Amigo!" -- George W. Bush, calling out to Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi at the G-8 summit...Rusutsu, Japan, July 10, 2008.

hcap
11-17-2011, 10:00 AM
If he's so intelligent, why doesn't he release his school records? If he's so intelligent, why is he a teleprompter cripple? If he's so intelligent, why so many gaffes in 3 years that could practically fill a novel-length book?

You're stuck on the wrong stupid. Obama makes Bush look a genius!

THE BIRTHER ARGUMENT REDUX?

And we all know how that turned out, don't we ?

Let's call da Donald to handle this case of obvious fraud. Or maybe re-post all of your idiotic posts claiming the BC is a fraud? Please explain how Obama pulled this off.

The New York Times. Published: February 06, 1990

The Harvard Law Review, generally considered the most prestigious in the country, elected the first black president in its 104-year history today. The job is considered the highest student position at Harvard Law School.

The new president of the Review is Barack Obama, a 28-year-old graduate of Columbia University who spent four years heading a community development program for poor blacks on Chicago's South Side before enrolling in law school. .

I guess The Bilderbergs panned this as well as planting false stories about Obama's birth in Hawaiian newspapers 50 years ago so Obama could eventually one day surreptitiously become President and transform the world int a socialist/Lib/ anti-Christ communist workers paradise?

As far as whether or not is Hawaii in Asia?

I guess attending the theSO-CALLED annual Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation forum had something to do with.

Tom
11-17-2011, 10:14 AM
Come on, hcap....how many REAL Hawaiians would call their state ASIA?
If I were at a North American conference for something in NYS, my home state, I would NOT reer to us being here in NA.....I would say NYS.

Duh.

bigmack
11-17-2011, 10:14 AM

I guess attending the theSO-CALLED annual Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation forum had something to do with.
Is that supposed to be deductive reasoning, Sherlock?

So if there was a large family reunion for the Murphy clan in HI they would refer to it as Murphyville because they were attending the Murphy Family Reunion Event?

boxcar
11-17-2011, 12:13 PM
THE BIRTHER ARGUMENT REDUX?

And we all know how that turned out, don't we ?

Let's call da Donald to handle this case of obvious fraud. Or maybe re-post all of your idiotic posts claiming the BC is a fraud? Please explain how Obama pulled this off.

The New York Times. Published: February 06, 1990

The Harvard Law Review, generally considered the most prestigious in the country, elected the first black president in its 104-year history today. The job is considered the highest student position at Harvard Law School.

The new president of the Review is Barack Obama, a 28-year-old graduate of Columbia University who spent four years heading a community development program for poor blacks on Chicago's South Side before enrolling in law school. .

I guess The Bilderbergs panned this as well as planting false stories about Obama's birth in Hawaiian newspapers 50 years ago so Obama could eventually one day surreptitiously become President and transform the world int a socialist/Lib/ anti-Christ communist workers paradise?

Harvard, you say? The birthplace of no few socialists and commies? :lol: :lol:

Bury your silly non sequiturs, already. They're boring and waste bandwidth. Show me the school records of your "Beyond Super Smart Genius" man-boy in the WH. Obama is such a narcissist that we can be certain that if he could show us anything over which he could pound his chest, he would.

However, I can show Affirmative Action in action. Watch this vid of Affirmative Action's Poster Boy, as he shows us his his new dance routine, which he has perfected, called the Stutter Step and redefines for us what Confusion is all about.

Boxcar

MyW9e5QdWxk

hcap
11-17-2011, 01:23 PM
Come on, hcap....how many REAL Hawaiians would call their state ASIA?
If I were at a North American conference for something in NYS, my home state, I would NOT reer to us being here in NA.....I would say NYS.

Duh.He was addressing the attendees of the Asian-Pacific conference as well as the public

"I want to emphasize that the Asia-Pacific region is absolutely critical to America’s economic growth. We consider it a top priority,” Mr. Obama said as he opened the daylong meeting near Hawaii’s capital "

So it made perfect sense even to the hordes of righties that somehow think GW BUSH was god' gift to their drooling fantasies.

So now the question must be asked of all youse TP'ers, the parents of our future rugged he-man John Galts......

"IS OUR CHILDREN LEARNING?"

hcap
11-17-2011, 01:34 PM
Harvard, you say? The birthplace of no few socialists and commies? :lol: :lol:

Bury your silly non sequiturs, already. They're boring and waste bandwidth. Show me the school records of your "Beyond Super Smart Genius" man-boy in the WH. Obama is such a narcissist that we can be certain that if he could show us anything over which he could pound his chest, he would.

However, I can show Affirmative Action in action. Watch this vid of Affirmative Action's Poster Boy, as he shows us his his new dance routine, which he has perfected, called the Stutter Step and redefines for us what Confusion is all about.Going by how you scored on your idiotic birther lunacy posts, I would assume you are STUCK on STUPID once again. Face it box, critical thinking is not your forte.

So maybe the Bilderberg group, the communist party circa 1960, or the anti-Christ is responsible for faking all of Obama's achievements and fooling the world into sins of being rational.

You know like Dinosaurs and humans ala the Flintstones inhabiting the 6,000 year old earth 6,ooo years ago?

TJDave
11-17-2011, 01:49 PM
They certainly do.

"Receiving Answers to Prayers. A significant minority of Americans say their prayers result in definite and specific answers from God at least once a month (31%), with nearly one-in-five adults (19%) saying they receive direct answers to specific prayer requests at least once a week.
More than half of Mormons (54%) say they receive responses to prayer at least once or twice a month, as do half or nearly half of members of historically black churches (50%), Jehovah’s Witnesses (49%) and members of evangelical Protestant churches (46%). These are largely the same groups – Jehovah’s Witnesses are the exception – that also are most likely to say they
have experienced or witnessed a divine healing of an illness or injury.

Scary. It's bad enough having to depend on a politicians own judgement.

Then, there's this:

More than half of Mormons (54%) say they receive responses to prayer at least once or twice a month.

This could be our next president, folks. :rolleyes:

lamboguy
11-17-2011, 01:58 PM
http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/article/gingrich-made-big-bucks-pushing-corporate-welfare

they all talk a good game, but when it comes to act the true colors show up

boxcar
11-17-2011, 01:59 PM
He was addressing the attendees of the Asian-Pacific conference as well as the public

"I want to emphasize that the Asia-Pacific region is absolutely critical to America’s economic growth. We consider it a top priority,” Mr. Obama said as he opened the daylong meeting near Hawaii’s capital "

So it made perfect sense even to the hordes of righties that somehow think GW BUSH was god' gift to their drooling fantasies.

So now the question must be asked of all youse TP'ers, the parents of our future rugged he-man John Galts......

"IS OUR CHILDREN LEARNING?"

So, if I'm addressing a whole bunch of Aussies here in the U.S., it would be perfectly logical to say to them, "here in Australia"? :rolleyes:

And it's you who are stuck on stupid. You constantly try to justify BO's stupidity by comparing him to Bush because in your mind Bush makes Obama look like a genius! You know fully well that BO's alleged high level of intelligence cannot possibly stand on its own fours, so you have to make comparisons to try to make your case. You're as pathetic as your messiah is.

Boxcar
P.S. Have you learned his Stutter Step, yet? :D

boxcar
11-17-2011, 02:01 PM

Then, there's this:

More than half of Mormons (54%) say they receive responses to prayer at least once or twice a month.

So you don't believe in prayer either? Do you believe anything out of "your own" scriptures? In fact, do you believe in any god at all?

Boxcar

hcap
11-17-2011, 02:44 PM
So, if I'm addressing a whole bunch of Aussies here in the U.S., it would be perfectly logical to say to them, "here in Australia"? :rolleyes:

As usual yuo are oblivious to the obvious. The above has NOTHING in common with Obama's speech.

Go back to playing with your pet brontosaurus in your biblical land before the flood. By the way did God have any pooper scooper laws 6,000 years ago?

boxcar
11-17-2011, 03:36 PM
As usual yuo are oblivious to the obvious. The above has NOTHING in common with Obama's speech.

The parallel I drew with your inane #78 was perfect. In your mind because BO was addressing an Asian conference, that justified him saying "here in Asia". You're totally shot!

Go back to playing with your pet brontosaurus in your biblical land before the flood. By the way did God have any pooper scooper laws 6,000 years ago?

Actually he did, in a manner of speaking. This from the Law:

Deut 23:12-14
12 You shall also have a place outside the camp and go out there, 13 and you shall have a spade among your tools, and it shall be when you sit down outside, you shall dig with it and shall turn to cover up your excrement.
NASB

You have to admit, 'cap, that God had infinitely more sense than do the reprobate "occupiers".

Boxcar

bigmack
11-17-2011, 03:53 PM
He was addressing the attendees of the Asian-Pacific conference as well as the public

"I want to emphasize that the Asia-Pacific region is absolutely critical to America’s economic growth. We consider it a top priority,” Mr. Obama said as he opened the daylong meeting near Hawaii’s capital "]
After you hear him say "Here in Asia" put on your dunce cap and parade around here in one of your tie dyed t-shirts & Birkenstocks. While you're prancing around, tell us how wrong you are...AGAIN.

(Punch-in around 35:10)

LBGRiB4PEjk

PaceAdvantage
11-17-2011, 07:50 PM

Then, there's this:

This could be our next president, folks. :rolleyes:Again, what is your point here? You do realize a majority of Obama supporters are religious, do you not?

And you did not define exactly what "responses" entails exactly in your little study quote above, so what you posted stands fairly meaningless at this juncture.

sammy the sage
11-17-2011, 08:27 PM
Doesn't really matter...everbody who's posted on this thread is going to BURN :faint:

TJDave
11-17-2011, 08:53 PM
Again, what is your point here? You do realize a majority of Obama supporters are religious, do you not?

Agree, however, most Obama supporters, indeed most religious Americans do not believe in a interpersonal relationship with God.

BTW, I'm thankful to God for that. ;)

TJDave
11-17-2011, 09:00 PM
Doesn't really matter...everbody who's posted on this thread is going to BURN :faint:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now I know why they call you "the sage".

sammy the sage
11-17-2011, 09:03 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now I know why they call you "the sage".

at least somebody gets it :D

boxcar
11-17-2011, 11:16 PM
Agree, however, most Obama supporters, indeed most religious Americans do not believe in a interpersonal relationship with God.

BTW, I'm thankful to God for that. ;)

I think I might have asked you this once: But has your particular brand of Judaism devolved into something less than theism? Just curious...I try to keep up, but there's so many religions and variations of sects, etc., out there, it's difficult.

Boxcar

boxcar
11-17-2011, 11:17 PM

Misery does love company, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

TJDave
11-18-2011, 01:29 AM
I think I might have asked you this once: But has your particular brand of Judaism devolved into something less than theism? Just curious...I try to keep up, but there's so many religions and variations of sects, etc., out there, it's difficult.

Boxcar

Not devolved. Judaism has evolved. The Judaism for which most profess familiarity hasn't existed for 1942 years. Still theist...though not in the modern (protestant) Christian vernacular.

You could probably call me a deist and I wouldn't be offended, although I still hold out hope God will come to his senses, wake from his nap and prove me wrong.

I pray for it daily.

thaskalos
11-18-2011, 01:41 AM
Boxcar,

Do you acknowledge that there are "esoteric" forms of all the world's major religions (Christianity included)...which bare little resemblence to the common perception of them?

hcap
11-18-2011, 03:38 AM
Boxcar,

Do you acknowledge that there are "esoteric" forms of all the world's major religions (Christianity included)...which bare little resemblence to the common perception of them?Thankypu.

I have had this discussion with box many times. Because he is stuck on the literal, he can not see the symbolic.

In all religions there are stories and parables of great battles, epic adventures and heroes. The literal is inevitably distorted by time, but the inner spiritual and psychological great symbols persist.

The starting point is the inner landscape. Not the outer. But that takes self-observation. Biggest obstacle is one's false ego and the notion that we are already awake.

fast4522
11-18-2011, 05:52 AM
Sure, like posting pure filth on Christmas day. Must be from your inner that day, I know what to expect from a fake.

fast4522
11-18-2011, 05:57 AM

Do tell, exactly why is that?

Tom
11-18-2011, 07:36 AM

And that is a bad thing because.........?

hcap
11-18-2011, 10:44 AM
Sure, like posting pure filth on Christmas day. Must be from your inner that day, I know what to expect from a fake.

4,522 ? IQ Squared ?

Also a good idea to drop the "fast"

thaskalos
11-18-2011, 11:41 AM
I have had this discussion with box many times. Because he is stuck on the literal, he can not see the symbolic.

In all religions there are stories and parables of great battles, epic adventures and heroes. The literal is inevitably distorted by time, but the inner spiritual and psychological great symbols persist.

The starting point is the inner landscape. Not the outer. But that takes self-observation. Biggest obstacle is one's false ego and the notion that we are already awake.

Years ago, I spent some time in a Chinese Zen Center, which, oddly enough, was located close to where I lived.

A revered Chinese Zen master would visit on occasion, and he would always draw a pretty large crowd for his "lectures".

I remember it as if it were yesterday...

"You cannot rush true spirituality" he would say. "We learn at our own pace. That's why a 'true' master is always eager to learn...but is never eager to teach.

He knows that the only 'true' teacher lies in the heart of every man.

And that teacher appears, only when the student is ready."

Chan Master Sheng-yen died in 2009...but he lives in those of us who heard him speak.

boxcar
11-18-2011, 12:18 PM
Thankypu.

You have it all backwards, as usual. You approach the scriptures as though you are awake (i.e. spiritually alive), when in fact the bible teaches that each of us is spiritually dead and can only live when we're "born again". (This is why Jesus told Nicodemus that he could not "see" (i.e. understand, perceive) the Kingdom of God until he was born again! But being brought back to life from the dead (being born again) is a supernatural act of God.) You approach the scriptures claiming that you have the key to unlocking its "deep spiritual mysteries", e.g "the starting point is the inner landscape"; yet, this is a heavy, burdensome presuppositional millstone that you have hung around your own neck. Therefore, because you say, "I see", your blindness remains!

While scripture certainly addresses our "inner landscape" (the pitiful, pathetic spiritual conditions of our souls), the primary subject of scripture is not ourselves but rather the Author -- God Almighty himself. God has revealed himself in the scriptures to sinful mankind so that some might find him. As it is written:

Prov 1:7
7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge;
Fools despise wisdom and instruction.
NASB

Therefore, if you really want to gain true spiritual insight and knowledge AND want to find God, then the above is the prescription for same.

Boxcar

Tom
11-18-2011, 12:26 PM
Now when I talk to God you know he understands,
He said stick by Me and I’ll be your guidin’ hand.

But don’t ask me what I think of you,
I might not give the answer that you want me to.

Oh well.

boxcar
11-18-2011, 01:11 PM
Boxcar,

Do you acknowledge that there are "esoteric" forms of all the world's major religions (Christianity included)...which bare little resemblence to the common perception of them?

But man does not live by the "esoteric" in biblical Christianity. The Word of the Living God is to the life of a soul as to what a feast is to a starving beggar.

What sinful mankind has done over the ages is to devise many clever ways to "suppress the truth in unrighteousness", as Paul said. One way of doing this is to stir up the hermeneutical waters so as to muddy things up and to make the interpretive process as murky as possible. This way everyone can claim to see their version of the truth because they have put on murk-proof glasses, whereas everyone else who disagrees with the "esoteric" is still blind as a bat.

The following is an excerpt from one of the best sites I've found on the web defining the hermeneutical process. The sensus literalis, which is more involved than you think, is to what I heartily subscribe. I simply want to know but TWO things when I pick up my bible to read it: What is the writer saying and what did he mean by it? I am a pure exegete, and I make no apologies for this; for so were Jesus and his Apostles. They are my models for gleaning sound interpretive principles.

The Basics of Sound Biblical Interpretation

Sound Biblical Interpretation must be:

1. Grammatical
2. Historical
3. Theological

Grammatical – Basic Principles

Principle #1 - Since the books of the Bible were written by men in certain ordinary, human languages, no interpretation of Scripture is to be accepted which does not agree with the established rules of grammar.

This is why it is imperative to work from an accurate translation of the Bible and/or learn the Biblical languages and work with the texts in their original languages. You cannot accurately interpret the scriptures using paraphrases or faulty translations. This article by John Piper is a great resource on this topic.

Principle #2 - We must assume that a speaker or writer would use his words in that sense in which those to whom he speaks or writes are accustomed to use them. An in-terpreter’s primary and chief aim should be to ascertain the meaning of words according to the meaning in actual popular usage.

Therefore, the meaning of a word according to the meaning it most generally carried in common/popular usage is to be preferred, unless there are sufficient reasons to compel the exegete to accept some other meaning.

Principle #3 - The exposition of a passage must agree with both the immediate context and the remote context.

Immediate Context: the verses immediately around the a passage. This is why you should NEVER read Bible verses that have been ripped from their context. A good rule of thumb is to read 3 to 4 verses before a verse AND 3 to 4 verses after.

Remote Context: expands out from the entire book being interpreted, to the entire Testament, and then the Entire Bible.

The immediate context is the more important and usually decisive.

The article is much longer and can be read here:

http://www.extremetheology.com/hermeneutics.html

But there is not one thing written above with which I disagree. Principles 2 and 3 are extremely important. Context, context, context and some more context. Something for which the Hcaps of the world have little regard -- except, of course, when they themselves claim they have been quoted out of context.

As an exegete, I do not wish to add anything to the text. Nor do I wish, for that matter, to subtract anything from the text, which can also be done when one dumps his presuppositions upon any given passage. (This hermeneutical practice, by the way, is called eisegesis.) I only want to know what is being said and what did the writer mean by it. How did the listeners of his day understand him? Any approach that is either more or less to a pure exegetical approach is grossly dishonest because the interpreter is not interested in discovering what the writer meant, and in fact, often even ignores what is actually being said! Such people only want to twist, pervert and distort the scriptures to make them say what they want. (They want to tickle their own ears.) I could think of numerous examples of this. The first thing that comes to mind is the topic of homosexuality. In order to try make a case for the acceptance of homosexuality in scripture, one must also try his hand at becoming a world class mental gymnast. The deity of Christ is another hot topic. The existence of Hell is another. The Trinity another, etc., etc. The list is practically endless.

Boxcar

hcap
11-18-2011, 02:27 PM
Years ago, I spent some time in a Chinese Zen Center, which, oddly enough, was located close to where I lived.

A revered Chinese Zen master would visit on occasion, and he would always draw a pretty large crowd for his "lectures".

I remember it as if it were yesterday...

"You cannot rush true spirituality" he would say. "We learn at our own pace. That's why a 'true' master is always eager to learn...but is never eager to teach.

He knows that the only 'true' teacher lies in the heart of every man.

And that teacher appears, only when the student is ready."

Chan Master Sheng-yen died in 2009...but he lives in those of us who heard him speak.Regardless of what our internet preacher/teacher proclaims, there are other ways

Hey box, can't we just all get along?

The literal and the esoteric like Stevie Wonder's song "Ebony and Ivory"

Or as my late grandmother might say....

"Esoteric, shmesoterc, biblical, shlibical", as long as you are healthy is the most important thing.

http://ahomeaway.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Tibetan-Sand-Mandala-A-Home-Away-Retreat-Kelowna.jpg

hcap
11-18-2011, 03:01 PM
Zen...

Finding a Piece of the Truth

One day Mara, the Evil One, was travelling through the villages of India with his attendants. he saw a man doing walking meditation whose face was lit up on wonder. The man had just discovered something on the ground in front of him. Mara’s attendant asked what that was and Mara replied, "A piece of truth."

"Doesn’t this bother you when someone finds a piece of truth, O Evil One?" his attendant asked. "No," Mara replied. "Right after this, they usually make a belief out of it."

boxcar
11-18-2011, 03:06 PM
Regardless of what our internet preacher/teacher proclaims, there are other ways

Hey box, can't we just all get along?

The literal and the esoteric like Stevie Wonder's song "Ebony and Ivory"

Or as my late grandmother might say....

"Esoteric, shmesoterc, biblical, shlibical", as long as you are healthy is the most important thing.

http://ahomeaway.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Tibetan-Sand-Mandala-A-Home-Away-Retreat-Kelowna.jpg

Is that a picture of the maze that passes for your mind?

Boxcar

hcap
11-18-2011, 03:22 PM
Is that a picture of the maze that passes for your mind?

BoxcarTake a deep breath, allow others to post their views without your anal retentiveness entering the discussion.

A clenching sphincter was useful in third grade to prevent accidents. As adults hopefully we have learned our bowels should not dictate our judgment.

Hey box, what about "Ebony and Ivory"? Catchy tune no?

BTW, the Tibetan Buddhist monks are illustrating the esoteic, and the exoteric, both inner and outer.

boxcar
11-18-2011, 03:28 PM
Take a deep breath, allow others to post their views without your anal retentiveness entering the discussion.

Then why do you begrudge mine? That is my view of your approach to spiritual truth.

A clenching sphincter was useful in third grade to prevent accidents. As adults hopefully we have learned our bowels should not dictate our judgment.

You obviously have not. You post more excrement around here than anyone else....well, maybe with the exception of Mosty. :lol:

Hey box, what about "Ebony and Ivory"? Catchy tune no?

Yeah, reminds me of Salt and Pepper. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

hcap
11-18-2011, 03:43 PM
Take a deep breath, allow others to post their views without your anal retentiveness entering the discussion.
Then why do you begrudge mine? That is my view of your approach to spiritual truth.
I am not the one that says my religion is the only way, over and over and over and over and over again.

What was that about unless we all accept Christ we are all doomed?

Right there you have reduced all other ways and beliefs to pablum for stupid drooling idiots. Let alone all who have never heard of the gospels through no fault of their own to ever lasting damnation.......Just saying.

The mandala pictured above is a maze. BUT not limited only to mice.

boxcar
11-18-2011, 04:43 PM
I am not the one that says my religion is the only way, over and over and over and over and over again.

Nor would I have, had it not been for what scripture says. And therein is the crux of our differences, isn't it? I know what scripture says and I understand what much of it means. You, too, know what the ordinary language commonly means, but since you hate God you refuse to accept its plain meaning; therefore, you twist and distort the scriptures... but in the end -- only to your own destruction.

The day is coming, 'cap, when you (as all unbelievers) will bend your knee to the King of kings and Lord of lords and confess him to be the Messiah, the Son of the living God to the glory of the Father.

What was that about unless we all accept Christ we are all doomed?

John 8:24
24 "I said therefore to you, that you shall die in your sins; for unless you believe that I AM, you shall die in your sins."
NASB

Boxcar

A. Pineda
11-18-2011, 04:55 PM

Boxcar

The President gave a good speech on reducing tariffs and issuing travel cards to enable small businesses to increase their exports. His stated goal of doubling our exports to that area would mean 5 million additional jobs. Yet, all you came away with was that he misspoke when he said, "Here in Asia."

For a person who purports himself to be a Christian you have an uncanny ability to look for the worst in people and to be thrilled when you find something, even if it's only a tongue-slip.

I agree with Bigmack here, in that this silliness is not worth losing sleep over.

hcap
11-18-2011, 05:04 PM
Simple questions box. How should a non-Christian or even a very liberal Christian feel and react to this proclamation of exclusivity?

Think about it. It is a bit of an insult don't you think? Do you expect a lifetime of a different belief system to magically vanish and be replaced? It's all well and good to explain it by saying scripture is scripture is scripture. But you, boxcar can not explain the ramifications of your belief to any ones satisfaction, other than another boxcar.

Isn't it more reasonable to accept that scripture contains elements of the truth, but not all of it, and it is our duty as rational beings, to exercise our rationality as it applies to real world outcomes of spiritual truths?

It is about knowing the validity of the tree by it's fruits.

Greyfox
11-18-2011, 05:12 PM
This thread initially was about Herman Cain and God's "calling" to him.

It now seems to have become preoccupied by boxcar and hcap debating topics that would be suited better for a special thread that Spiderman set up for those topics after his Occupy Wall Street thread was hijacked.

boxie and hcap ---> try here with your debate http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88142&highlight=religious

fast4522
11-18-2011, 06:19 PM
4,522 ? IQ Squared ?

Also a good idea to drop the "fast"

Actually has nothing to do with racing, I have a nice Colt with a matching 22 caliber top slide and barrel, not only is it fast but dam sweet. I can shoot all day for less than you spend daily for your meds.

boxcar
11-18-2011, 06:52 PM
This thread initially was about Herman Cain and God's "calling" to him.

It now seems to have become preoccupied by boxcar and hcap debating topics that would be suited better for a special thread that Spiderman set up for those topics after his Occupy Wall Street thread was hijacked.

boxie and hcap ---> try here with your debate http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88142&highlight=religious

Actually, it was Thaskalos who initiated the hijacking. I say...hang 'em high. :D

Boxcar

lsbets
11-18-2011, 07:07 PM
Simple questions box. How should a non-Christian or even a very liberal Christian feel and react to this proclamation of exclusivity?

Think about it. It is a bit of an insult don't you think? Do you expect a lifetime of a different belief system to magically vanish and be replaced? It's all well and good to explain it by saying scripture is scripture is scripture. But you, boxcar can not explain the ramifications of your belief to any ones satisfaction, other than another boxcar.

Isn't it more reasonable to accept that scripture contains elements of the truth, but not all of it, and it is our duty as rational beings, to exercise our rationality as it applies to real world outcomes of spiritual truths?

It is about knowing the validity of the tree by it's fruits.

Now cap, you know that on matters of religion Box and I do not exactly see eye to eye.

However, I find it a bit ridiculous that you think Box should change his deeply held beliefs so that you feel better about yours. He doesn't need to explain his beliefs to anyone. Your desire to have him explain his beliefs to your satisfaction is, to borrow your phrasing, a bit insulting.

So Box's view is not inclusive and is absolute. So what? Does that change your life at all? If you were as tolerant as you would have us believe you would stop trying to get Box to conform to what you think his religion should be.

hcap
11-18-2011, 09:51 PM
Now cap, you know that on matters of religion Box and I do not exactly see eye to eye.

However, I find it a bit ridiculous that you think Box should change his deeply held beliefs so that you feel better about yours. He doesn't need to explain his beliefs to anyone. Your desire to have him explain his beliefs to your satisfaction is, to borrow your phrasing, a bit insulting.

So Box's view is not inclusive and is absolute. So what? Does that change your life at all? If you were as tolerant as you would have us believe you would stop trying to get Box to conform to what you think his religion should be. Of course not! The old childish phrase is applicable here. "He started it". Sorry but every chance he gets he proclaims his beliefs as "Gospel". (No pun intended). All well and good, and if he feels he is providing a needed sermon to his public, fine and dandy. He can entertain himself as much as he wants. On the other hand, I don't enjoy giving free rein to bullshit.

I might also mention all of us are parading our beliefs to many opposing posters. Do you expect you can change any ones' views diametrically opposed to yours? Here in off topic we trot out our views on politics or religion most of the time as banter and verbal jousting.

Besides sometimes prodding box a bit, returns outlandish responses. It is interesting and fun watching the somersaults and contortions when he is in his squirm mode.

hcap
11-18-2011, 10:05 PM
Actually has nothing to do with racing, I have a nice Colt with a matching 22 caliber top slide and barrel, not only is it fast but dam sweet. I can shoot all day for less than you spend daily for your meds.Less than you spend for your meds? That is a stretch.

(That has nothing to do with racing either)

What is that gun toting logic again?

"Guns don't kill people, highly medicated people who think commies and all varieties of filth live under their bed, kill people"

sammy the sage
11-18-2011, 10:19 PM
Of course not! The old childish phrase is applicable here. "He started it".

Besides sometimes prodding box a bit, returns outlandish responses. It is interesting and fun watching the somersaults and contortions when he is in his squirm mode.

We're ALL gonna burn here... :lol: :D

fast4522
11-19-2011, 07:21 PM
No Sir, what is going to burn is some city's that the Fed does not bail out, because there is no more money. Hard to grasp, NO MO MON, in your lifetime, deal with it. No we are not at the point of no return, they will turn this mother out in 2012, count on it. The hard working people who ate their pride working for less moneys the the last couple of years will be the first to breath a breath to relax and go on a honest to goodness vacation while others can see a huge reduction or loss of entitlement programs that they have been draining dry, start washing you paper plates cap.

boxcar
11-19-2011, 08:59 PM

:lol: :lol: Try to reign in your arrogance and pride before they sweep you away. You flatter yourself by thinking that you have ever caused so much as a drop of sweat to form anywhere on my body when conversing or jousting with you. Why should I sweat over a blind man who has no understanding of the spiritual truth of the bible, and whose mind represents a maze since it will not and cannot be guided by Truth?

Boxcar

hcap
11-19-2011, 11:12 PM
There is a good reason the church ha backed down from all sorts of superstitious doctrine and started the school of thought called Christian Apologetics.

I believe one of the oft used phrases by Apologists is "Come now, let us reason together"
Hoping to somehow bring the convolutions of the circa 2000 BC bible in line with modern scientific discoveries

Twisted logic in defense of absurd real world ramifications of believing in a 6,000 year old earth inhabited by humans and Velociraptors living peacefully in the garden of eden. Indefensible claptrap

Logical somersaults and swan dives into fantasies of Dungeons a and Dragons as a pseudo science.

http://29.media.tumblr.com/xYXG04Tarpw1hsf9kDmkgyDZo1_400.jpg

PS: I thought we have moved over to the "Religious" thread. Insult me there.

llegend39
11-20-2011, 07:17 AM
If god is behind Cains run,then I guess the Devil was behind Obama's

bigmack
11-20-2011, 09:14 AM
Logical somersaults and swan dives into fantasies of Dungeons a and Dragons as a pseudo science.
Speaking of pseudo science.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/TheReligionofGlobalWarming.png

http://www.globalwarminghype.com/religion.html

newtothegame
11-28-2011, 05:48 PM
I hope God has told Cain what to do about all the women coming forward.....
And, although in the past cain's team explicitly denied all accusers, odd that this one by his attorney doesnt deny....:bang:

"Mr. Cain has been informed today that your television station plans to broadcast a story this evening in which a female will make an accusation that she engaged in a 13-year long physical relationship with Mr. Cain. This is not an accusation of harassment in the workplace – this is not an accusation of an assault - which are subject matters of legitimate inquiry to a political candidate.

Rather, this appears to be an accusation of private, alleged consensual conduct between adults - a subject matter which is not a proper subject of inquiry by the media or the public. No individual, whether a private citizen, a candidate for public office or a public official, should be questioned about his or her private sexual life. The public's right to know and the media's right to report has boundaries and most certainly those boundaries end outside of one's bedroom door.

Mr. Cain has alerted his wife to this new accusation and discussed it with her. He has no obligation to discuss these types of accusations publicly with the media and he will not do so even if his principled position is viewed unfavorably by members of the media."

Now grant it, I am not sure this is the entire response to the news station....and will look for more info. But, Cain seems to have legitimate issues when it comes to women. Thirteen years seems like she will have some information that the other claimants wouldnt...we shall see.
http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/ginger-white-claims-affair-herman-cain-20111127-es

mostpost
11-28-2011, 10:55 PM
I hope God has told Cain what to do about all the women coming forward.....
And, although in the past cain's team explicitly denied all accusers, odd that this one by his attorney doesnt deny....:bang:

"Mr. Cain has been informed today that your television station plans to broadcast a story this evening in which a female will make an accusation that she engaged in a 13-year long physical relationship with Mr. Cain. This is not an accusation of harassment in the workplace – this is not an accusation of an assault - which are subject matters of legitimate inquiry to a political candidate.

Rather, this appears to be an accusation of private, alleged consensual conduct between adults - a subject matter which is not a proper subject of inquiry by the media or the public. No individual, whether a private citizen, a candidate for public office or a public official, should be questioned about his or her private sexual life. The public's right to know and the media's right to report has boundaries and most certainly those boundaries end outside of one's bedroom door.

Mr. Cain has alerted his wife to this new accusation and discussed it with her. He has no obligation to discuss these types of accusations publicly with the media and he will not do so even if his principled position is viewed unfavorably by members of the media."

Now grant it, I am not sure this is the entire response to the news station....and will look for more info. But, Cain seems to have legitimate issues when it comes to women. Thirteen years seems like she will have some information that the other claimants wouldnt...we shall see.
http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/ginger-white-claims-affair-herman-cain-20111127-es

So now we have Republicans, or their lawyers, telling us that private, consensual sexual acts are not proper subjects for public discussion. Apparently the rules changed after Clinton. :rolleyes:

lsbets
11-28-2011, 10:58 PM
So now we have Republicans, or their lawyers, telling us that private, consensual sexual acts are not proper subjects for public discussion. Apparently the rules changed after Bill and Monica. :rolleyes:

Oh come on mosty. That's crap and you know it. Clinton committed perjury. Yes he did so regarding an affair, but his crime was lying under oath. Remember, he lost his law license over it. I think the impeachment was a bad idea, but the impeachment was not for having an affair, it was for committing perjury.

NJ Stinks
11-28-2011, 11:16 PM
So now we have Republicans, or their lawyers, telling us that private, consensual sexual acts are not proper subjects for public discussion. Apparently the rules changed after Clinton. :rolleyes:

You beat me to the punch, Mostpost. :ThmbUp:

mostpost
11-28-2011, 11:26 PM
Oh come on mosty. That's crap and you know it. Clinton committed perjury. Yes he did so regarding an affair, but his crime was lying under oath. Remember, he lost his law license over it. I think the impeachment was a bad idea, but the impeachment was not for having an affair, it was for committing perjury.

I understand that perfectly. I wasn't referring to the impeachment. I was referring to the incessant harping on Clinton's extra-marital affairs by conservative media at the time. That took place long before Clinton lied to the grand jury. Will Rush et. al. now look on Cain's infidelities with the same moral outrage they looked upon Clinton's infidelities in the 90's? I doubt it.

Personally, my objections to Herman Cain are based on his (lack of) qualifications, not on whom he is sleeping with.

Robert Goren
11-28-2011, 11:32 PM
You got love the religious right. Adultery is is big deal when a liberal democrat does it, but is no deal at all when one of their own does it. There was no end to their wrath when a New York congressman tweeted a picture of his private parts, now that one of the GOP presidential hopefuls is found out to have had affair, all is forgiven. Then there is Newt, the current leader in polls among likely republican primary voters, who taught John Edwards everything he needed to know about cheating on a dying wife.

Tom
11-29-2011, 07:24 AM
Originally Posted by mostpost
So now we have Republicans, or their lawyers, telling us that private, consensual sexual acts are not proper subjects for public discussion. Apparently the rules changed after Bill and Monica. :rolleyes:

This defines you forevermore. Sad.

Tom
11-29-2011, 07:27 AM
You got love the religious right. Adultery is is big deal when a liberal democrat does it, but is no deal at all when one of their own does it. There was no end to their wrath when a New York congressman tweeted a picture of his private parts, now that one of the GOP presidential hopefuls is found out to have had affair, all is forgiven. Then there is Newt, the current leader in polls among likely republican primary voters, who taught John Edwards everything he needed to know about cheating on a dying wife.

You type much, say little.
Wrong on every count, but still plugging.

lsbets
11-29-2011, 08:23 AM
I understand that perfectly. I wasn't referring to the impeachment. I was referring to the incessant harping on Clinton's extra-marital affairs by conservative media at the time. That took place long before Clinton lied to the grand jury. Will Rush et. al. now look on Cain's infidelities with the same moral outrage they looked upon Clinton's infidelities in the 90's? I doubt it.

Personally, my objections to Herman Cain are based on his (lack of) qualifications, not on whom he is sleeping with.

Fair enough. And I agree that Cain is not even remotely qualified to be President.

mostpost
11-29-2011, 12:29 PM
Fair enough. And I agree that Cain is not even remotely qualified to be President.

You said in #128 that you thought the impeachment of Bill Clinton was a bad idea. I thought the calls for George W. Bush's impeachment at the end of his term was also a bad idea. We've gotten in the bad habit lately of calling for the impeachment of anyone we disagree with politically.

There was enough going on in the country at the end of Bush's second term that we did not need the distraction of an impeachment and trial.

rastajenk
11-29-2011, 12:50 PM
I get the feeling that this thread can be moved to the Moot folder very soon.

canleakid
11-29-2011, 01:10 PM
"Cain says God persuaded him to run for president" and Eve ERRR Ginger White, gave him the "forbidded fruit" and we ALL know that the Forbidden Fruit causes many jams” :lol:

bigmack
11-29-2011, 03:00 PM
We've gotten in the bad habit lately of calling for the impeachment of anyone we disagree with politically.
Uh huh. And that's why you oppose the recall effort for Walker in Wisconsin. :liar:

Robert Goren
11-29-2011, 06:59 PM
There is world of difference between a recall election in which the voters decide if someone stays in office and an impeachment of an executive officeholder by the legislative branch. Even you should see that.

bigmack
11-29-2011, 07:04 PM
There is world of difference between a recall election in which the voters decide if someone stays in office and an impeachment of an executive officeholder by the legislative branch. Even you should see that.
Yeah, one is State and one is Federal. Thanks, Einstein.

Robert Goren
11-29-2011, 07:18 PM
Yeah, one is State and one is Federal. Thanks, Einstein.As I sure you know, some states do not have recall law, but governors, ect can be impeached. In Nebraska both can happen.

NJ Stinks
11-29-2011, 08:00 PM
Yeah, one is State and one is Federal. Thanks, Einstein.

Mack, I thought you'd be a little more cheerful after your trip to Hawaii. :p

Seriously, how were the golf courses and the weather?

Did the courses cost an arm and a leg?

bigmack
11-29-2011, 08:13 PM
Mack, I thought you'd be a little more cheerful after your trip to Hawaii. :p
Seriously, how were the golf courses and the weather?
Did the courses cost an arm and a leg?
That was a chum that just returned.

I've been to every HI island but Lanai. Golf can be riddled with wind over yonder. I don't like wind. I don't like bugs.

No better chill than the cabins @ Hotel Molokai. Just up the road from Father Damien and the Lepers. They perform nightly in the lounge. :eek:

NJ Stinks
11-29-2011, 08:27 PM
That was a chum that just returned.

I've been to every HI island but Lanai. Golf can be riddled with wind over yonder. I don't like wind. I don't like bugs.

No better chill than the cabins @ Hotel Molokai. Just up the road from Father Damien and the Lepers. They perform nightly in the lounge. :eek:

Sorry for the mix-up. But I appreciate the tips about the wind and bugs.

Isn't the Hotel Molokai the birthplace of the Hula? :)

http://www.hotelmolokai.com/?utm_nooverride=1&gclid=COjNj7mY3awCFciC5QodrGZTMA

Oh yea, just to keep on subject. Cain is right. It can make you question your long-standing friendships! :)

bigmack
11-29-2011, 08:52 PM
Oh yea, just to keep on subject. Cain is right. It can make you question your long-standing friendships! :)
Funny, in a way, your Mothership was in an absolute lather over the Cain "I been harassed" cases. Every show on MSNBC has led with Cain stories for weeks as if they think their opinion matters to anyone. Cain stayed up in the polls and even went up. They get SO full of themselves, they actually think what they think matters. Ain't that a hoot? :lol:

All the while, cats like myself talked about this even BEFORE any of these silly accusations came out. Cain is Cain.

Cain shows remarkable chutzpah for ending a 13 year old affair one month before starting a Presidential bid. :eek:

"I helped her financially" :confused: In most circumstances we all know that involves schtupping.

lsbets
11-29-2011, 09:07 PM
Funny, in a way, your Mothership was in an absolute lather over the Cain "I been harassed" cases. Every show on MSNBC has led with Cain stories for weeks as if they think their opinion matters to anyone. Cain stayed up in the polls and even went up. They get SO full of themselves, they actually think what they think matters. Ain't that a hoot? :lol:

All the while, cats like myself talked about this even BEFORE any of these silly accusations came out. Cain is Cain.

Cain shows remarkable chutzpah for ending a 13 year old affair one month before starting a Presidential bid. :eek:

"I helped her financially" :confused: In most circumstances we all know that involves schtupping.

Its just a shame that the guy who wanted to bet me that Cain would win the election never did it. I was willing to put up my house and car that he wouldn't win the primary. I would have taken a dollar against it, but he never ponied up. Cain is done.

Steve 'StatMan'
11-29-2011, 09:12 PM
I guess God told Cain to run for President, but he didn't tell him he would win.

bigmack
11-29-2011, 09:14 PM
Cain is done.
Can you imagine in the back of his mind thinking how he's going to keep her from coming forward? 13 years ain't no grope in an elevator.

What an ego to think it wouldn't come out, particularly in light of the woman being financially strapped.

If he wants to save his marriage he'll get this woman on the horn and pay her whatever she wants to hush up. Then, bow out of the race.

Scratch that. Bow out then pay out.

lsbets
11-29-2011, 09:30 PM
Can you imagine in the back of his mind thinking how he's going to keep her from coming forward? 13 years ain't no grope in an elevator.

What an ego to think it wouldn't come out, particularly in light of the woman being financially strapped.

If he wants to save his marriage he'll get this woman on the horn and pay her whatever she wants to hush up. Then, bow out of the race.

Scratch that. Bow out then pay out.

He said it in his press conference a couple of weeks ago. He said more are going to come forward but they won't be true. Maybe they're not true. Who knows? But my gut tells me they are true. He should have given her yellow flowers.

Tom
11-29-2011, 10:11 PM
How many are out there waiting to come forward?

9! 9! 9!

NJ Stinks
11-29-2011, 10:26 PM
Funny, in a way, your Mothership was in an absolute lather over the Cain "I been harassed" cases. Every show on MSNBC has led with Cain stories for weeks....

I agree. The coverage was getting on my nerves too.

In the end, Herman from afar was an amusing interloper in the Republican quest to find the right nominee. Without the baggage, Herman really was quite good at salesmanship.

elysiantraveller
11-29-2011, 11:25 PM
I said this on the Cain Mutiny thread... it wasn't well received...

Where there is smoke... (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1186459&postcount=175)

Wonder what happened to all of his supporters...

PaceAdvantage
11-30-2011, 03:54 AM
Fair enough. And I agree that Cain is not even remotely qualified to be President.You keep harping on this "Cain is not even remotely qualified..."

Based on what exactly? Forget these allegations for a moment. Based on what?

Is he mentally challenged? No...he's for all intents and purposes a highly educated and trained rocket scientist.

Does he lack business acumen? No, the evidence clearly says he does not.

Does he lack traditional political experience? I suppose. If by that you mean there is some requirement that he be either a governor or a legislature; thankfully there is no such requirement and as well there shouldn't be. And he has been involved in politics in some respect for well over a decade.

Good God man, look at all the "high quality" and "qualified" Presidents we've had lately that have been either governors or legislators... :rolleyes: How can I take your statement seriously?

So, where exactly do you get off claiming he is not even remotely qualified? Compared to whom exactly? I've never even come close to remotely agreeing with you as you've repeatedly taken this stance.

Robert Goren
11-30-2011, 08:03 AM
I guess God told Cain to run for President, but he didn't tell him he would win.Right now Cain is probably beginning to wonder if it was really God that told him to run or whether it was someone/something else. He is going through a form of living Hell right now. I almost feel sorry for him, almost. But that is what happens when you run for president and you have a past that you don't want made public.

lsbets
11-30-2011, 08:18 AM
So, where exactly do you get off claiming he is not even remotely qualified? Compared to whom exactly? I've never even come close to remotely agreeing with you as you've repeatedly taken this stance.

Based on the fact that he has never shown even a basic interest in learning anything about the President's most important job - being CINC and foreign policy. I never said he wasn't highly educated, I never said he wasn't smart, I never said he didn't do well in business. I have said that his cavalier approach to his total lack of knowledge regarding foreign policy is insulting to the American voter. Libya? He knows nothing about it. The basics of mid east peace? No knowledge. Military matters? He'll do whatever his generals tell him. It's not even in depth policy issues that have tripped him up. It's basic stuff that any semi aware person should know, let alone someone who wants to be President.

Tom
11-30-2011, 09:03 AM
ls, you have converted me.
His national security shortcomings aside, having the latest woman able to get a live text from him on TV, in spite of all that has been going on tells me this is a total idiot. When we need leadership so desperately, this guy fails to rise to the challenge.

lsbets
11-30-2011, 09:09 AM
ls, you have converted me.
His national security shortcomings aside, having the latest woman able to get a live text from him on TV, in spite of all that has been going on tells me this is a total idiot. When we need leadership so desperately, this guy fails to rise to the challenge.

She got a text from him on TV?

PaceAdvantage
11-30-2011, 10:47 AM
Based on the fact that he has never shown even a basic interest in learning anything about the President's most important job - being CINC and foreign policy. I never said he wasn't highly educated, I never said he wasn't smart, I never said he didn't do well in business. I have said that his cavalier approach to his total lack of knowledge regarding foreign policy is insulting to the American voter. Libya? He knows nothing about it. The basics of mid east peace? No knowledge. Military matters? He'll do whatever his generals tell him. It's not even in depth policy issues that have tripped him up. It's basic stuff that any semi aware person should know, let alone someone who wants to be President. I don't buy that he is this deficient in matters of foreign policy. I think it's being blown way out of proportion by you.

boxcar
11-30-2011, 11:13 AM
I have said that his cavalier approach to his total lack of knowledge regarding foreign policy is insulting to the American voter.

If you're going to put it that way, all the Republican candidates are insulting to Americans. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Tom
11-30-2011, 11:26 AM
She got a text from him on TV?

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1111/69257.html

Might not have been on the air - I heard it yesterday and supposedly they were live......who knows.

elysiantraveller
11-30-2011, 11:47 AM
If you're going to put it that way, all the Republican candidates are insulting to Americans. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Huntsman is experienced.

But he is a RINO according to everyone... Scarborough had a great article on how that is a joke.

Huntsman, Newt, Romney, the real RINO? (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1111/69231.html)

lsbets
11-30-2011, 12:12 PM
I don't buy that he is this deficient in matters of foreign policy. I think it's being blown way out of proportion by you.

A candidate for President should at a minimum:

1) Have some idea of what he would do in Afghanistan

2) Know what we did in Libya and if he would have done anything different

3) Know the basic issues in the Israeli/Palestinian conflict.

If a candidate is not interested in spending a little bit of time learning the basics, they should not be running.

elysiantraveller
11-30-2011, 12:19 PM
LOL did you watch the last debate he answered all those in depth... :rolleyes:

A candidate for President should at a minimum:

1) Have some idea of what he would do in Afghanistan.

"I would listen to my generals."

2) Know what we did in Libya and if he would have done anything different.

"I would listen to my advisors."

3) Know the basic issues in the Israeli/Palestinian conflict.

"I would support bombing Iran."

:bang: :bang: :lol: :lol: :bang: :bang:

rastajenk
11-30-2011, 02:09 PM
He's lost Allen West, who calls him a "distraction." The end should be near. He may hang around 'til Iowa, though, when the real winnowing out begins.

Tom
11-30-2011, 02:36 PM
[QUOTE=elysiantraveller]LOL did you watch the last debate he answered all those in depth... :rolleyes:

"I would listen to my generals."
"I would listen to my advisors."
"I would support bombing Iran."

[quoTE]

Right there, he stands head and shoulders above Obama.

mostpost
11-30-2011, 06:01 PM
He's lost Allen West, who calls him a "distraction." The end should be near. He may hang around 'til Iowa, though, when the real winnowing out begins.
We should all lose Allen West. Permanently.

bigmack
11-30-2011, 06:08 PM
We should all lose Allen West. Permanently.
Don't lose your cool. You're just high on some of that MSNBC gas you suck in daily.

elysiantraveller
11-30-2011, 07:05 PM
Right there, he stands head and shoulders above Obama.

No he doesn't.

The only thing Obama is good at is foreign policy. He is Bush 2.0 only better. Obama can be criticized for everything he has done domestically but on foreign policy he is almost unassailable.

Tom
11-30-2011, 11:37 PM
No he doesn't.

The only thing Obama is good at is foreign policy. He is Bush 2.0 only better. Obama can be criticized for everything he has done domestically but on foreign policy he is almost unassailable.

Yeah, right. :lol:

elysiantraveller
12-01-2011, 12:40 AM
Yeah, right. :lol:

Name something...

What has he done that Bush wouldn't have?

Robert Goren
12-01-2011, 12:49 AM
Name something...

What has he done that Bush wouldn't have?Kill Bin Laden.:rolleyes:

Tom
12-01-2011, 07:33 AM
Sorry, bobby, but the SEALS killed Bin Laden. And they got the ball rolling that found him using intel gained from water-boarding. Obama gave the go ahead - nothing more.

elysiantraveller
12-01-2011, 09:51 AM
Kill Bin Laden.:rolleyes:

Yes by continuing the exact same policies Bush did...

He is Bush 2.0

bigmack
12-01-2011, 11:48 AM
Name something...

What has he done that Bush wouldn't have?
rbcyuRjiK4A

}{}{}{}{}{}

Cain's 'latest' is that he's talked to his wife telphonically, but he wants to wait to make a decision until he is able to talk with her in person. :lol:

He hasn't been able to book a flight yet. :rolleyes:

Robert Goren
12-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Sorry, bobby, but the SEALS killed Bin Laden. And they got the ball rolling that found him using intel gained from water-boarding. Obama gave the go ahead - nothing more.So why didn't Bush order it done if the info was gotten from waterboarding done while he was president? Either the info was not gotten from the Bush waterboarding or Bush sat on the info. I do not believe Bush would sit on that info, so the waterboarding getting the info must be a republican pipe dream.

NJ Stinks
12-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Sorry, bobby, but the SEALS killed Bin Laden. And they got the ball rolling that found him using intel gained from water-boarding. Obama gave the go ahead - nothing more.

So much for the "Certified Fair and Balanced". :rolleyes:

elysiantraveller
12-01-2011, 12:50 PM
rbcyuRjiK4A

}{}{}{}{}{}

Cain's 'latest' is that he's talked to his wife telphonically, but he wants to wait to make a decision until he is able to talk with her in person. :lol:

He hasn't been able to book a flight yet. :rolleyes:

Yawn... :sleeping:

There is no difference between the two...

6W73v4p6Yyg

bigmack
12-01-2011, 05:33 PM
So why didn't Bush order it done if the info was gotten from waterboarding done while he was president? Either the info was not gotten from the Bush waterboarding or Bush sat on the info. I do not believe Bush would sit on that info, so the waterboarding getting the info must be a republican pipe dream.
Speaking of pipe dreams...How many do you have in effect as we speak?

"Enhanced interrogation techniques" were used to extract information that led to the mission's success, Panetta said during an interview with anchor Brian Williams. Those techniques included waterboarding, he acknowledged.
This from MSNBC.
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/42880435/ns/today-today_news/t/cia-chief-waterboarding-aided-bin-laden-raid/#.Ttf_6WPnWTM

Don't let facts get in the way of your delusions.

Robert Goren
12-01-2011, 05:49 PM
Lets get this straight, You are saying that Bush got the information on Bin Laden's whereabouts from waterboarding and did nothing. There are only two choices here either the information came from from waterboarding under Bush and he choose not to go after Bin Laden or it didn't come from waterboarding under Bush.

bigmack
12-01-2011, 05:58 PM
Lets get this straight, You are saying that Bush got the information on Bin Laden's whereabouts from waterboarding and did nothing. There are only two choices here either the information came from from waterboarding under Bush and he choose not to go after Bin Laden or it didn't come from waterboarding under Bush.
What are you stupid? (Don't bother answering, the verdict has been rendered.)

Read the article. I'm not saying anything.

Panetta said: "We had a multiple source — a multiple series of sources — that provided information with regards to the situation. "Enhanced interrogation techniques" were used to extract information that led to the mission's success, Panetta said during an interview with anchor Brian Williams. Those techniques included waterboarding, he acknowledged.

& Holder said: there was a mosaic of sources that led to the identification of the people that led to ..."

Your simpleton brain needs to have someone waterboarded say OBL was where he was in Pakistan. Aren't there any jobs at the post office for you?

Robert Goren
12-01-2011, 06:13 PM

Read the article. I'm not saying anything.

Panetta said: "We had a multiple source — a multiple series of sources — that provided information with regards to the situation. "Enhanced interrogation techniques" were used to extract information that led to the mission's success, Panetta said during an interview with anchor Brian Williams. Those techniques included waterboarding, he acknowledged.

& Holder said: there was a mosaic of sources that led to the identification of the people that led to ..."

Your simpleton brain needs to have someone waterboarded say OBL was where he was in Pakistan. Aren't there any jobs at the post office for you?So now you are saying that Waterboarding under Bush only gave us a hint at where he was at and that the CIA did the leg work under Obama in order to get him. Your story keeps changing with every post. Maybe some day you come up with something that is believable although based on past experence, you will just stop trying and stick with "you are too stupid to understand."

bigmack
12-01-2011, 06:25 PM
So now you are saying that Waterboarding under Bush only gave us a hint at where he was at and that the CIA did the leg work under Obama in order to get him. Your story keeps changing with every post. Maybe some day you come up with something that is believable although based on past experence, you will just stop trying and stick with "you are too stupid to understand."
Gawd, you're dense. What did Panetta say? Do you think he said that just out of his ass? Some clown like you knows better though. :lol:

'My' story has changed. 'I' said. You are one mentally dysfunctional goof.

Here's Panetta's page. Take it up with him. Tell him you don't believe him. :D
https://www.cia.gov/about-cia/leadership/leon-e-panetta.html

Meanwhile, I will never engage with your sorry brain again. You single handedly make this joint a whole lot dumber.

Robert Goren
12-01-2011, 06:44 PM
Gawd, you're dense. What did Panetta say? Do you think he said that just out of his ass? Some clown like you knows better though. :lol:

Here's Panetta's page. Take it up with him. Tell him you don't believe him. :D
https://www.cia.gov/about-cia/leadership/leon-e-panetta.html

Meanwhile, I will never engage with your sorry brain again. You single handedly make this joint a whole lot dumber.Yes, it has. You were saying that Waterboarding under Bush gave us the location of Bin Laden. Now you are saying waterboarding only gave us only part of the location. It took Obama to narrow down the exact location. I repeat if waterboaeding under Bush did gives us Bin Laden's location like you previously claimed, why didn't Bush act on it? It is pretty clear that Bush didn't know where Bin Laden was or he would have acted. Even someone like me, who didn't like Bush very much, thinks that if he actually knew, he would have acted.

bigmack
12-01-2011, 06:50 PM
Yes, it has. You were saying that Waterboarding under Bush gave us the location of Bin Laden.
How 'bout we do this? You show me where I said that and we'll call you a genius. If you're unable to find where I said that you admit that you're without question the biggest imbecile at this dump. Deal?

Go get it.

I bring facts from the words of the head of the CIA. You bring the delusional opinion of an old fart in the middle of NE. Solid. :ThmbUp:

elysiantraveller
12-01-2011, 07:52 PM
I don't get the need to debate who contributed more to an assassination... it just seems pointless.

Bush put in place the apparatus to hunt down and kill Osama Bin Laden.

Obama kept it in place, kept a lid on the operation, and carried it out flawlessly.

The who did more and what is completely idiotic.

You can't make a rum and coke without rum... and coke...

bigmack
12-01-2011, 10:37 PM
Let's see now, oh yeah, Cain.

Poor soul was on Hannity a bit ago. Probably his last interview before he announces over the weekend his wife has hit him with a frying pan and he's living in a trailer down by the river. Hannity pointed out how easily these things could be proved by hotel cameras or airport cameras (being she said Herm took her to Holyfield/Tyson)

Herm FREAKED OUT on that suggestion. Said "we don't need to be doing all kind of detective work until after I speak with my wife." Uh huh.

How can you make a decision to run for that office knowing you got serious taint and it's bound to come out?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Married schmoes should let the professionals do what they do, like myself, and stay out of the business of womanizing. :p

Rookies
12-01-2011, 11:05 PM
What is it about these Con Christian charlatans ?

They can all talk a good Family Values game, forever. To bad the game doesn't extend to keeping their own pants on! :lol:

RIP... Hermie...

Tom
12-01-2011, 11:14 PM
Hey Rookies, what the diff between a democrat adulterer and a republican adulterer?

The democrats never hold their guy responsible and they always stay in office - the repubs usually take their garbage out.

Anyone that can compare Cain to the original Bill "the zipper" Clinton and try to make out like Cain has done anything wrongs is a pee-brain. :lol:

Rookies
12-01-2011, 11:31 PM
Hey Rookies, what the diff between a democrat adulterer and a republican adulterer?

The democrats never hold their guy responsible and they always stay in office - the repubs usually take their garbage out.

Anyone that can compare Cain to the original Bill "the zipper" Clinton and try to make out like Cain has done anything wrongs is a pee-brain. :lol:

Not to me, Tommy Boy.

The holier than thou crowd who constantly have the chutzpah to tell ALL of us how to run our lives, while FUBARing theirs, are 1000% worse to me! They are damnable hypocrites and I delight in their collapse.

And there are many, many of them singing from the same hymnal on your side of the spectrum. Cain ? Eye of Newt ? Peas from the same lying pod...

PaceAdvantage
12-02-2011, 04:42 AM
How 'bout we do this? You show me where I said that and we'll call you a genius. If you're unable to find where I said that you admit that you're without question the biggest imbecile at this dump. Deal?

Go get it.

I bring facts from the words of the head of the CIA. You bring the delusional opinion of an old fart in the middle of NE. Solid. :ThmbUp:Dump?

TJDave
12-02-2011, 12:29 PM
In light of the latest allegations, Does anyone still think God persuaded Herman to run? :lol:

Then again, maybe this was God's way of teaching him a lesson in humility...and respect for women. ;)

NJ Stinks
12-02-2011, 02:04 PM
Not to me, Tommy Boy.

The holier than thou crowd who constantly have the chutzpah to tell ALL of us how to run our lives, while FUBARing theirs, are 1000% worse to me! They are damnable hypocrites and I delight in their collapse.

And there are many, many of them singing from the same hymnal on your side of the spectrum. Cain ? Eye of Newt ? Peas from the same lying pod...

That Tommy doesn't get it or doesn't care if it's true or not true says a lot about Tommy Boy's objectivity.

On a related front, did anybody else puke when Gingrich uttered the phrase below in bold:

"If you've been here 25 years and you got three kids and two grandkids, you've been paying taxes and obeying the law, you belong to a local church, I don't think we're going to separate you from your family, uproot you forcefully and kick you out," he argued.

Honest to God, can you be a bigger hypocrite? This guy makes belonging to a church the biggest joke out there. And who in their right mind would make going to a church a caveat for becoming an American citizen?

Anyway, how much of a zealot do you have to be to buy what Gingrich said above about the need to go to church?

Republicans....Pass. :rolleyes:

Tom
12-02-2011, 02:07 PM
Not to me, Tommy Boy.

Down here, we call them Democrats. :D

boxcar
12-02-2011, 03:09 PM
That Tommy doesn't get it or doesn't care if it's true or not true says a lot about Tommy Boy's objectivity.

On a related front, did anybody else puke when Gingrich uttered the phrase below in bold:

"If you've been here 25 years and you got three kids and two grandkids, you've been paying taxes and obeying the law, you belong to a local church, I don't think we're going to separate you from your family, uproot you forcefully and kick you out," he argued.

Honest to God, can you be a bigger hypocrite? This guy makes belonging to a church the biggest joke out there. And who in their right mind would make going to a church a caveat for becoming an American citizen?

Anyway, how much of a zealot do you have to be to buy what Gingrich said above about the need to go to church?

Republicans....Pass. :rolleyes:

Were did he say "need"? All he was doing was rattling off several characteristics that many or most illegals would probably possess.

And I'll take passes on all Dems and RINOs whose priorities are skewed because so many of their premises are fundamentally flawed, as was the case when The Newtle said, "you've been paying taxes and obeying the law...I don't think we're going to separate you from your family".

Two things: "obeying the law"? Highly questionable statement at best since that issue has not been legally determined. And secondly, the most offensive statement from a logical standpoint is the idea that the U.S. would somehow be separating the families? Would that be a forceful separation, by chance? If mom, dad, grandpa and grandma all get sent back to the motherland, who would be stopping all the kiddies from following them?
Would we be holding them here at gunpoint? Or behind bars so that they can't cross over zee border? :rolleyes:

So, the ironic thing here is that we're both on the same page with Newtle head -- but for very different reasons.

Boxcar

boxcar
12-02-2011, 03:12 PM
Down here, we call them Democrats. :D

And Rookies complains about liars? :bang: :bang:

Rooky Doodle, where have you been these last 3 years? Surely you don't think that BO is an honest, trustworthy person, do you? You think he's a paragon of virtue? And you talk about hypocrites!? :bang:

Boxcar

bigmack
12-02-2011, 03:24 PM
If I were a 'shrink' and you were on the couch and just rattled that off I'd know I was dealing with a very delicate mind that reads things into the words of people with irrational thought.

Do you honesty think he was itemizing conditions for amnesty?

Greyfox
12-02-2011, 03:39 PM
And who in their right mind would make going to a church a caveat for becoming an American citizen?

What Newt said and meant is light years away from your interpretation of what he said and meant. :bang:

Robert Goren
12-02-2011, 04:02 PM
Newt probably didn't mean that that going to church was a prerequisite for an illegal getting citizenship, but after watching him try to squirm his way out of lobbying Franny Mae and/or Freddy Mac, I can't be sure. One thing is for sure, republicans like throw around the term "going to church" lot, like anybody actually believes that any politican goes to to church for any reason other than gathering votes.

bigmack
12-02-2011, 04:42 PM
One thing is for sure, republicans like throw around the term "going to church" lot, like anybody actually believes that any politican goes to to church for any reason other than gathering votes.
Just a few more wacky posts and someone could make a strong case towards the need for your institutionalization.

How you're able to conduct life with the myriad of wacky thoughts teaming in your head is beyond me.

mostpost
12-02-2011, 05:17 PM
Just a few more wacky posts and someone could make a strong case towards the need for your institutionalization.

How you're able to conduct life with the myriad of wacky thoughts teaming in your head is beyond me.
In regards to the subject brought up in another thread as to which side uses personal attacks more. This thread provides a perfect answer. There has been a back and forth between Robert Goren and BigMack as to how of the much credit for killing BinLaden should go to George W. Bush. In all of his five posts on the subject BigMack has seen fit to mock and denigrate Robert Goren. In his responses (four of them, I believe) Robert Goren has presented his view of the facts without resorting to name calling.
I point this out for tw reasons. One, as proof where most of the name calling comes from; and two, to remind Big Mack that RG wears a size thirteen shoe, which would be very effective in kicking......I will leave it at that.

FantasticDan
12-02-2011, 05:20 PM
bigbully's last 24 hrs in this thread:

Your simpleton brain needs to have someone waterboarded say OBL was where he was in Pakistan. Aren't there any jobs at the post office for you?

Gawd, you're dense. What did Panetta say? Do you think he said that just out of his ass? Some clown like you knows better though.

Meanwhile, I will never engage with your sorry brain again. You single handedly make this joint a whole lot dumber.

It's obvious that Mr. Goren's state of mind is not the one you should be concerned with. :ThmbDown:

bigmack
12-02-2011, 05:31 PM
remind Big Mack that RG wears a size thirteen shoe, which would be very effective in kicking......I will leave it at that.
13? I thought that was his IQ.

Why don't we have Booby find where I said anything about Bush knowing where OBL was, or defending his inane line about church going politicians?

He can't defend a syllable. He just runs and posts more idiocy.

canleakid
12-02-2011, 05:50 PM
Herman Cain "will be making an announcement" :confused: in Atlanta tomorrow to "clarify what the next steps are," :rolleyes: he said at a town hall in South Carolina Friday afternoon
:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Robert Goren
12-02-2011, 06:18 PM
13? I thought that was his IQ.

Why don't we have Booby find where I said anything about Bush knowing where OBL was, or defending his inane line about church going politicians?

He can't defend a syllable. He just runs and posts more idiocy.I should say that there is a really rare exception to the rule. The only one I can think of the top of my head might be Jimmy Carter. He is/was such a phony when it comes to other things, I have some doubts about him. And I think we all can agree he was a pretty lousy politician/president in any case.

bigmack
12-02-2011, 06:27 PM
I should say that there is a really rare exception to the rule.
A rare exception to 'the' rule. What are you talking about? It's your rule and it's from outer space.

Would you like for me to list all the two term Presidents that attended church in their second term who would NEVER face another vote in their entire life? You pull out Carter. He was one term.

Good gawd man, THINK before you post. Or in your case, think before you think. :bang:

NJ Stinks
12-02-2011, 07:48 PM
What Newt said and meant is light years away from your interpretation of what he said and meant. :bang:

Newt was pandering to the religious right. Was he not, Greyfox?

That there is anyone in the Republican party that would buy Newt's BS tells me my interpretation of Newt and the Republican party is spot on.

Any political party that has to rely on phony flag-waving, guns, gays, gambling, and the abortion issue to win elections is pathetic.

Tell me I'm wrong, Greyfox.

Greyfox
12-02-2011, 08:17 PM
Newt was pandering to the religious right. Was he not, Greyfox?

Tell me I'm wrong, Greyfox.

We agree on that and you are not wrong there.
But we weren't talking about the strategy he was using.
Initially, we were talking about the message that he was delivering in his example.

Newt is shrewd. By mentioning church there is a point of "pander" there.
In his discussion about immigration he also "pandered" to Hispanics.
Those were "strategic moves."
But your interpretation of the actual verbal message that he delivered, as presented in your earlier post was an extremely concrete downward distillation of broader ideas. At no point was he outlining "written in stone" Amnesty requirements as you erringly implied, thus giving the reasonable impression that you had missed the point by light years.

Let's not forget you wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks
And who in their right mind would make going to a church a caveat for becoming an American citizen?

Newt never intended that conclusion to be drawn.
The sad thing is, I think that you know that too.

Robert Goren
12-02-2011, 09:01 PM
A rare exception to 'the' rule. What are you talking about? It's your rule and it's from outer space.

Would you like for me to list all the two term Presidents that attended church in their second term who would NEVER face another vote in their entire life? You pull out Carter. He was one term.

Good gawd man, THINK before you post. Or in your case, think before you think. :bang: I googled presidents who regularly attended church. In my lifetime there were 2 who did that. JFK and Carter. Neither of them of served two terms. Reagan supposedly had a chapel built at Camp David but I could not any place that would say he used it regularly. Everybody else's church attendance was spotty at best. I could not find one site that would say that anyone else since FDR attended church regularly although most like Obama went when it suited their purpose.
"My rule" is based on the politicians I know who are based in Nebraska. For the record, almost all politicians in Nebraska are republicans. I have almost no respect for any politician. That includes 2 former governors and several current and former state senators with a 3 mayors of Lincoln thrown for good measure. There is only one democrat in bunch and he was the worst of the bunch.

NJ Stinks
12-02-2011, 09:27 PM
We agree on that and you are not wrong there.
But we weren't talking about the strategy he was using.
Initially, we were talking about the message that he was delivering in his example.

Newt is shrewd. By mentioning church there is a point of "pander" there.
In his discussion about immigration he also "pandered" to Hispanics.
Those were "strategic moves."
But your interpretation of the actual verbal message that he delivered, as presented in your earlier post was an extremely concrete downward distillation of broader ideas. At no point was he outlining "written in stone" Amnesty requirements as you erringly implied, thus giving the reasonable impression that you had missed the point by light years.

Let's not forget you wrote:
Quote:

Newt never intended that conclusion to be drawn.
The sad thing is, I think that you know that too.

You call it strategic moves and I call it pandering.

The sad thing is Newt was pandering to the religious right of the Republican party - a wing Republicans cannot win without pandering to.

That was my point in a nutshell, Greyfox.

Of course, Newt did not mean what he said. He was pandering to the religious right because he has to in order to have any chance at winning a national election.

PaceAdvantage
12-02-2011, 09:34 PM

Republicans....Pass. :rolleyes:Are you that crazed with partisanship baloney? The man is clearly making a point about ties to the community. It has nothing to do with making going to church a caveat for becoming an American citizen.

I swear, guys like you are worse than the Dems who see (or invent) racism around every corner. Only your phantoms are of a different kind altogether, but equally as bizarre!

bigmack
12-02-2011, 09:37 PM
Of course, Newt did not mean what he said. He was pandering to the religious right because he has to in order to have any chance at winning a national election.
I've heard of pandering. Like when BO deferred the pipeline decision, pandering to the far left, costing at least tens of thousands of jobs, until after the election, and when he was just in Vegas visiting/pandering to Hispanics. All in order to have any chance at winning a national election.

You mean that kind of pandering or is it more egregious when a politician supposedly panders to a group you loathe?

PaceAdvantage
12-02-2011, 09:37 PM
In regards to the subject brought up in another thread as to which side uses personal attacks more.Both sides use personal attacks equally. Unless you go back and count up the Bush years around here, your stats are meaningless. You're blinded by current data only.

PaceAdvantage
12-02-2011, 09:38 PM
You mean that kind of pandering or is it more egregious when a politician supposedly panders to a group you loathe?I'm pretty sure this is the direction he was leaning... :faint:

Tom
12-02-2011, 10:04 PM
On a related front, did anybody else puke

This makes you puke.
Wow.
I want to be around when are called upon to 'splain that one.
And you will be........

NJ Stinks
12-02-2011, 11:27 PM
Are you that crazed with partisanship baloney? The man is clearly making a point about ties to the community. It has nothing to do with making going to church a caveat for becoming an American citizen.

I swear, guys like you are worse than the Dems who see (or invent) racism around every corner. Only your phantoms are of a different kind altogether, but equally as bizarre!

Crazed? Crazed?

Couldn't you have at least said "blinded"? :)

NJ Stinks
12-02-2011, 11:40 PM
I've heard of pandering. Like when BO deferred the pipeline decision, pandering to the far left, costing at least tens of thousands of jobs, until after the election, and when he was just in Vegas visiting/pandering to Hispanics. All in order to have any chance at winning a national election.

You mean that kind of pandering or is it more egregious when a politician supposedly panders to a group you loathe?

Wasn't Nebraska against the pipeline? What happened to states rights? :p

As for the Vegas thing, I don't know what he said to the Hispanics there. But I do know if I'm Hispanic, I'm not voting Republican. Period.

NJ Stinks
12-02-2011, 11:47 PM
I'm pretty sure this is the direction he was leaning... :faint:

I don't equate going to church with being a good person/citizen. Do you?

And no, I don't loathe churchgoers. I don't trust a person more or less because that person goes to church. I'm confident Newt doesn't either.

bigmack
12-03-2011, 12:08 AM
As for the Vegas thing, I don't know what he said to the Hispanics there. But I do know if I'm Hispanic, I'm not voting Republican. Period.
Of course you wouldn't. Your views are positively Neanderthal.

Naturally, living in SanD you can imagine I know plenty of Hispanics. Know what? Many of them are involved in 'R' causes & campaigns. Ain't that a hoot?

'Course they have more complexity of thought on issues than a "Bazooka Joe comic."

Let me see if I've got it right. Rich people are Repugo's and the workin' man is a Demo. :jump:

See what I mean? Positively prehistoric, you nutty caveman, you.

NJ Stinks
12-03-2011, 12:14 AM
Naturally, living in SanD you can imagine I know plenty of Hispanics. Know what? Many of them are involved in 'R' causes & campaigns. Ain't that a hoot?

I'll be sure to check election night results for CA next November. We'll see what you mean by "Many" then. Should be a "hoot".

bigmack
12-03-2011, 12:23 AM
I'll be sure to check election night results for CA next November. We'll see what you mean by "Many" then. Should be a "hoot".
I understand you, Goren & mosty are old and stuck in the mud, but try and pick it up, would ya?

Do pay attention to the highlighted section of this, from Aug of 2011.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/DontAssumetheHispanicVoteIsaDemocraticLock-USNewsandWorldReport.png
http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2011/08/05/dont-assume-the-hispanic-vote-is-a-democratic-lock

Between the life experiences of Goren and the Neanderthal views of you & mosty, I just don't know how to take you geriatrics serious anymore.

DO SOME HOMEWORK. You'll learn something NEW.

johnhannibalsmith
12-03-2011, 01:01 AM
... I'm confident Newt doesn't either.

Why can't you see that the guy was simply associating "symbols" of American culture with these hypothetical illegals to portray them as being worthy of consideration as members of that culture and society?

He's making the case for why they shouldn't be treated as "mexicans" that are simply abusing the system and refusing to assimilate as a rebuttal to the standard stereotypes and you want to cast aspersions about underlying (overt to you) partisan intent?

Even if he is pandering, which I'm not sure I can necessarily assume with your confidence, how is the actual message delivered NOT something that YOU wouldn't agree with if it wasn't convenient for you not to just to be partisan?

NJ Stinks
12-03-2011, 01:45 AM
DO SOME HOMEWORK. You'll learn something NEW.

You win, Mack. Close to a third of Hispanics vote Republican. I got it.

bigmack
12-03-2011, 01:54 AM
You win, Mack. Close to a third of Hispanics vote Republican. I got it.
Ain't that a kick in the pants? Just think, if it weren't for someone looking out for you loons, folk be runnin' around thinking almost every Latino votes D, Hawaii is in Asia, politicians go to church ONLY for votes, and waterboarding didn't contribute to the capture of OBL. And that's just in the last couple o' days!

Talk about makin' shit up. You guys are on a roll... Also known as business as usual.

NJ Stinks
12-03-2011, 02:01 AM
Why can't you see that the guy was simply associating "symbols" of American culture with these hypothetical illegals to portray them as being worthy of consideration as members of that culture and society?

He's making the case for why they shouldn't be treated as "mexicans" that are simply abusing the system and refusing to assimilate as a rebuttal to the standard stereotypes and you want to cast aspersions about underlying (overt to you) partisan intent?

Even if he is pandering, which I'm not sure I can necessarily assume with your confidence, how is the actual message delivered NOT something that YOU wouldn't agree with if it wasn't convenient for you not to just to be partisan?

I like the message. I don't trust the messenger.

But I will say I can understand why you guys think I'm over-reacting. Having said that, I still don't think my reaction was wrong.

PaceAdvantage
12-03-2011, 03:58 AM

And no, I don't loathe churchgoers. I don't trust a person more or less because that person goes to church. I'm confident Newt doesn't either.The point was, you find it more egregious when a politician supposedly panders to a group you loathe. The group in question not being churchgoers, but members of that phantom menace, the "religious right."

PaceAdvantage
12-03-2011, 04:05 AM

But I will say I can understand why you guys think I'm over-reacting. Having said that, I still don't think my reaction was wrong.You're overreacting because you supposedly don't loathe churchgoers... :lol:

Face it...that's a hot button issue for you and a lot of left-leaners. Religion...that super scary "religious right" has guys like you beboppin' and scattin' all over the place!

johnhannibalsmith
12-03-2011, 09:39 AM

That pretty much sums it up for me.

aka...

"If Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Barney Frank, the Weiner guy, or any one of my favorite Democrats has said it, I'd be wetting myself in agreement."

Since its Newt, I've just gotta find a reason to think its a pile of crap.

That, is being partisan because it is politically convenient to do so.

...how is the actual message delivered NOT something that YOU wouldn't agree with if it wasn't convenient for you not to just to be partisan?

Tom
12-03-2011, 10:45 AM

No, but I don't puke over it either.

canleakid
12-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Cain is OUT
IF they could say it !!!!!
Mitt: wish him the best :rolleyes:
Newt: only god knows the truth :bang:
Ricky: adios mofo :eek:
Ron: who are we talking 'bout what :faint:
Michele: he broke the 7th. :(

johnhannibalsmith
12-03-2011, 01:45 PM
Cain is OUT
IF they could say it !!!!!
Mitt: wish him the best :rolleyes:
Newt: only god knows the truth :bang:
Ricky: adios mofo :eek:
Ron: who are we talking 'bout what :faint:
Michele: he broke the 7th. :(

Obama: Thank heavens I don't have to run against a black man.

rastajenk
12-03-2011, 01:54 PM
Palin: "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen."

:p

elysiantraveller
12-03-2011, 02:55 PM
Where there is smoke there is fire....

I feel pretty good about this one. :)

Politico: Cain Bows Out (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1211/69698.html)

wes
12-03-2011, 09:04 PM
I wonder who told Cain to quit?

wes

Rookies
12-03-2011, 09:19 PM
I wonder who told Cain to quit?

wes

Much more importantly, who the hell didn't vet him about this crap prior to starting ?

"I am at peace with my God."

Really, Hermie ?

Maybe you should have had a chat with him about this subject many months ago. Unless your yet another delusional, entitled politician.

Nah, couldn't be that.

JustRalph
12-03-2011, 10:32 PM
Unless your yet another delusional, entitled politician.

Nah, couldn't be that.

that is actually what appealed to me about him. That he wasn't.

Smart guy, seems to be successful in just about everything he touches, including women.......... :lol:

we couldn't have a Prez like that though............ :bang:

horses4courses
12-04-2011, 09:33 AM
Watching HC's announcement yesterday of campaign suspension struck me as something we've all seen before - many times.

Brings to mind the old "snake oil" or "miracle compound" salesmen in the Wild West days.
These types run for any party - power has no political affiliation.
Many who frequent these threads will immediately point the finger at our current President. Maybe, they're right.

Seems that every major political race brings a few more out of the woodwork - ego-tripping, delusional, self promoters aspiring to grandeur.
Mr. Cain can't be too bright if he thought his past would stay secret in this environment.

I swore I heard him say "I had a piece, and my wife had a piece with me"
My hearing could be going, though.

Tom
12-04-2011, 11:23 AM
Now that the Lame Stream Media has had its fun with this story, maybe they could resume their alleged roles as journalists and start looking at the lies being told by our Attorney General in his deadly game of gun running and aiding and abetting murder of border guards.

I'm sure the world is now safe from the dastardly actions of Cain.

Robert Goren
12-04-2011, 01:11 PM
You mean the lame stream media that never touched the story when GWB's AG was doing the same thing and still likes to pretend that the program was not going when he was president. Only the name of the program changed when Obama became president. As they say "to protect the guilty."

bigmack
12-04-2011, 02:13 PM
You mean the lame stream media that never touched the story when GWB's AG was doing the same thing and still likes to pretend that the program was not going when he was president. Only the name of the program changed when Obama became president. As they say "to protect the guilty."
I know the real story of this BS. Do you? Prove to us you aren't talking out of your backside and post a link to this "fact." Good luck.

mostpost
12-04-2011, 03:16 PM
I know the real story of this BS. Do you? Prove to us you aren't talking out of your backside and post a link to this "fact." Good luck.

The program began under Bush.
2006−2007: Operation Wide Receiver and other probes
The first known ATF "gunwalking" operation to Mexican drug cartels, named Operation Wide Receiver, began in early 2006 and ran into 2007. The ATF was informed of a suspicious gun purchase by licensed dealer Mike Detty in Tucson, Arizona. He was then hired as a confidential informant working with the ATF's Tucson office, part of their Phoenix, Arizona field division. With the use of surveillance equipment, ATF agents monitored additional sales by Detty to straw purchasers. With assurance from ATF "that Mexican officials would be conducting surveillance or interdictions when guns got to the other side of the border",[18] Detty would sell a total of about 450 guns during the operation.[17] They were eventually lost as they moved into Mexico.[6][19]

Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATF_gunwalking_scandal

Now why don't you tell us your "real story" with a link :rolleyes: .

JustRalph
12-04-2011, 03:28 PM
It must be true........it's in wiki.

btw, if it's so true.......why hasn't Holder brought it up?

This thing is pulling Subpoena's out of Congress.......and not one Bushy subpoenaed so far...............why not?

bigmack
12-04-2011, 03:31 PM
Wide Receiver actually involved not gun-walking but controlled delivery. Unlike gun-walking, which seems (for good reason) to have been unheard of until Fast & Furious, controlled delivery is a very common law enforcement tactic. Basically, the agents know the bad guys have negotiated a deal to acquire some commodity that is either illegal itself (e.g., heroin, child porn) or illegal for them to have/use (e.g., guns, corporate secrets). The agents allow the transfer to happen under circumstances where they are in control — i.e., they are on the scene conducting surveillance of the transfer, and sometimes even participating undercover in the transfer. As soon as the transfer takes place, they can descend on the suspects, make arrests, and seize the commodity in question — all of which makes for powerful evidence of guilt.

Senator Schumer’s drawing of an equivalence between “tracing” in a controlled-delivery situation and “tracing” in Fast & Furious is laughable. In a controlled delivery firearms case, guns are traced in the sense that agents closely and physically follow them — they don’t just note the serial numbers or other identifying markers. The agents are thus able to trace the precise path of the guns from, say, American dealers to straw purchasers to Mexican buyers.

To the contrary, Fast & Furious involved uncontrolled deliveries — of thousands of weapons. It was an utterly heedless program in which the feds allowed these guns to be sold to straw purchasers — often leaning on reluctant gun dealers to make the sales. The straw purchasers were not followed by close physical surveillance; they were freely permitted to bulk transfer the guns to, among others, Mexican drug gangs and other violent criminals — with no agents on hand to swoop in, make arrests, and grab the firearms. The inevitable result of this was that the guns have been used (and will continue to be used) in many crimes, including the murder of Brian Terry, a U.S. border patrol agent.
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/282606/fast-furious-was-bushs-fault-andrew-c-mccarthy

Holder was dumb enough to try and equate the two. You & Goren want 'in' on stupidity as well?

bESZcRMCBKk