PDA

View Full Version : The Conservative Misery Index

NJ Stinks
11-11-2011, 01:02 AM
The ever even-keeled Tom and his good buddy, Dave, claim Democrats/liberals are miserable people. Oh hell....Let's just quote the boys:

.... In politics, true misery favors the miserable...

And these folks are democrats.

To which Tom responded:

And nothing more miserable than a democrat.

Of course, I believe confusion reigns with these guys when it comes to the misery index. Here's a few wretched things that many happy-go-lucky Republicans/conservatives :lol: live for:

1. Got to get rid of Social Security. Not for anybody who's already got it, of course, but for future generations of Grannys who obviously need to suck it up and fend for themselves. And don't get conservatives started on disability payments made by SSA. 98% of the claimants are phonies - don't you know.

2. A flat tax is the perfect solution. Too bad most of the country will see their taxes go up. Still, the right group of Americans will see their taxes go down and anybody who can smell cow poop knows nothing is more important than that group in order to maintain the current American way of life.

3. Get rid of food stamps! You know as well as most sane people do that some of these people getting food stamps don't deserve them, buy booze, buy lottery tix, play the slots, play the horses etc. Too bad for the 98% of the people who really need to buy food with these damn stamps - we've got to cut the head off to save the patient!

4. Healthcare for all? Over our dead bodies! We've got ours and we ain't takin' any chances when it comes to waiting to see the doctor. 50M+ going to the emergency room has worked out well for us and ours so far and we're not about to risk what we got for anybody. Let alone pay for the privilege.

5. Enough with the unions. They should be extinct by now. Real Americans want to buy shit dirt cheap and we could care less what other Americans earn or don't earn. If workers here can't afford a decent standard of living, who's fault is that? Besides, just because most employers decided 35 years ago that employees were entitled to health care and pension benefits, it doesn't mean squat today. Just be thankful you live in the USA and don't forget to put your flag out on holidays. Oh yea, and watch FOX news. FOX may not relieve the pain but FOX will take your mind off the cause of the pain. Guaranteed! :jump:

That's enough right-minded misery from me for now. Feel free to add on at your leisure.

newtothegame
11-11-2011, 02:01 AM
The ever even-keeled Tom and his good buddy, Dave, claim Democrats/liberals are miserable people. Oh hell....Let's just quote the boys:

To which Tom responded:

Of course, I believe confusion reigns with these guys when it comes to the misery index. Here's a few wretched things that many happy-go-lucky Republicans/conservatives :lol: live for:

1. Got to get rid of Social Security. Not for anybody who's already got it, of course, but for future generations of Grannys who obviously need to suck it up and fend for themselves. And don't get conservatives started on disability payments made by SSA. 98% of the claimants are phonies - don't you know.

2. A flat tax is the perfect solution. Too bad most of the country will see their taxes go up. Still, the right group of Americans will see their taxes go down and anybody who can smell cow poop knows nothing is more important than that group in order to maintain the current American way of life.

4. Healthcare for all? Over our dead bodies! We've got ours and we ain't takin' any chances when it comes to waiting to see the doctor. 50M+ going to the Get rid of food stamps! You know as well as most sane people do that some of these people getting food stamps don't deserve them, buy booze, buy lottery tix, play the slots, play the horses etc. Too bad for the 98% of the people who really need to buy food with these damn stamps - we've got to cut the head off to save the patient! emergency room has worked out well for us and ours so far and we're not about to risk what we got for anybody. Let alone pay for the privilege.

5. Enough with the unions. They should be extinct by now. Real Americans want to buy shit dirt cheap and we could care less what other Americans earn or don't earn. If workers here can't afford a decent standard of living, who's fault is that? Besides, just because most employers decided 35 years ago that employees were entitled to health care and pension benefits, it doesn't mean squat today. Just be thankful you live in the USA and don't forget to put your flag out on holidays. Oh yea, and watch FOX news. FOX may not relieve the pain but FOX will take your mind off the cause of the pain. Guaranteed! :jump:

That's enough right-minded misery from me for now. Feel free to add on at your leisure.

In typical liberal fashion...you misquote people. Or maybe not. I am sure you could point all of us on this forum where either Tom or any of us on the right said
"Not for anybody who's already got it, of course, but for future generations of Grannys who obviously need to suck it up and fend for themselves. And don't get conservatives started on disability payments made by SSA. 98% of the claimants are phonies - don't you know

Now I could be mistaken but, I don't recall any of the ones you mentioned who said GRANNY....ohh wait, you're just using a DEMOCRAT commericail as in threow granny off the cliff!

Then you proceed to say
" A flat tax is the perfect solution. Too bad most of the country will see their taxes go up. Still, the right group of Americans will see their taxes go down and anybody who can smell cow poop knows nothing is more important than that group in order to maintain the current American way of life.

I thought you libs wanted more taxes?? In your above statement, you even admit that more of the coountry will see their taxes go up.
Ohhh, I get it now you accuse the right of having the "right group of americans taxes go down"...but reality is you libs would like to see the "right group of americans taxes go up"! See, what you're failing to admit is we don't want the rich to pay less...or throw granny from the cliff. We want everyone able to pay their Fair share to borrow one of you words. Which by the way, none of you libs can still define fair! lol

again you state
"Get rid of food stamps! You know as well as most sane people do that some of these people getting food stamps don't deserve them, buy booze, buy lottery tix, play the slots, play the horses etc. Too bad for the 98% of the people who really need to buy food with these damn stamps - we've got to cut the head off to save the patient! "
Maybe you can again point all of us to the post where it was said to cut off food stamps all together? Now please don't tell us that you're misquoting again NJ...you wouldn't do that..would you??? Now I know we have said get rid of thew waste and fraud...(which by the way is the 2%) lol.

another one of your gems....
"4. Healthcare for all? Over our dead bodies! We've got ours and we ain't takin' any chances when it comes to waiting to see the doctor. 50M+ going to the Get rid of food stamps! You know as well as most sane people do that some of these people getting food stamps don't deserve them, buy booze, buy lottery tix, play the slots, play the horses etc. Too bad for the 98% of the people who really need to buy food with these damn stamps - we've got to cut the head off to save the patient! emergency room has worked out well for us and ours so far and we're not about to risk what we got for anybody. Let alone pay for the privilege"
We have shown you time and time again where the uninsured is NOW rising due to this monstrous bill. If it was so great of bill, maybe you could seriously explain why there were so many back door deals like the "nebraska kickback" and so on to get it done. then passed in the middle of the night??
As to the rest of that crazy paragraph...are you suggesting that fraud doesnt exist throughout those programs? Again...just so we are clear, we have only asked to find the fraud and expose it. See, you do not agree with the concept that bigger government breeds corruption so you will never understand anyways! lol

Now I know you are NOT going to the union arean....yes you are...
"5. Enough with the unions. They should be extinct by now. Real Americans want to buy shit dirt cheap and we could care less what other Americans earn or don't earn. If workers here can't afford a decent standard of living, who's fault is that? Besides, just because most employers decided 35 years ago that employees were entitled to health care and pension benefits, it doesn't mean squat today. Just be thankful you live in the USA and don't forget to put your flag out on holidays. Oh yea, and watch FOX news. FOX may not relieve the pain but FOX will take your mind off the cause of the pain. Guaranteed!

A few questions regarding the above...why is it that wal mart does so much in sales?? I guess it's only those mean ole republicans who shop there that want to get rid of unions right?? lol
Next, if unions are so great and on the stright and narrow...as I asked in another thread, why not put to a vote on a ballot union demands? I mean after all, tax payers have to foot the bill for public unions so why shouldnt those same public unions negotiate with the people who have to pay the bill?
I would love to negotiate my pay and benefits with someone who had NO responsibility in paying the bill agreed too and a person who I am funding politically through union dues to garner that same coopeartion!
So NJ...why not vote for your "collective nargaining" through elections?

p.s thanks for allowing us to add on at our leisure!! lol

ArlJim78
11-11-2011, 07:23 AM
I could see if this was written by a 20 something OWS protestor, but for an adult to be so dishonest or to have so completely failed to accurately characterize and understand the issues, well it's not a pretty sight.

Tom
11-11-2011, 09:04 AM
Nice going NJ, you totally missed every single point.
No surprise.....not only miserable are dems, but down-right clueless! :lol::lol:

NJ Stinks
11-11-2011, 04:16 PM
OK, Newt, I'll briefly address your questions:

1. Granny paints the appropriate picture. Grandpa, on the other hand, is more or less expected to pick up the tab. Always. :(

2. More taxes on people who can't afford it are just going to increase the Conservative Misery Index. People who can afford it are a different kettle of fish. Pay attention, Newt! :p

3. Ask Tom if he is for or against food stamps. Then get back to me.

4. I think you misquoted me in #4 but here's the point as I see it. Republicans and Blue Dogs took the bite out of truly effective healthcare reform. In other words, to get this bill through Congress, it was watered down bigtime. As for your claim that the uninsured are rising due to this montrous bill, I can only say that you should run for office. The number of uninsured was rising before this bill was passed which is why Democrats tried to address escalating healthcare costs to begin with. Republicans preferred to leave the healthcare misery index where it was or at most put a band-aid on the problem when a tourniquet was needed.

5. I agree with you on your first point relating to unions. Lots of people of all political persuasions shop at Wal-mart. These people refuse to connect the dots when it comes to the unemployment misery index in this country. As to your second point about letting the voter decide in referendums whether or not public unions get a raise or a benefit, I don't oppose the idea. Although I must say that my comments on unions included unions in the private sector too.

One final point on letting the voters decide. Sooner or later it still comes down to you get what you pay for. Competent people aren't going to opt for a job in the public sector if job is not attractive in any way, shape, or form to begin with.

newtothegame
11-11-2011, 04:39 PM
OK, Newt, I'll briefly address your questions:

1. Granny paints the appropriate picture. Grandpa, on the other hand, is more or less expected to pick up the tab. Always. :(

2. More taxes on people who can't afford it are just going to increase the Conservative Misery Index. People who can afford it are a different kettle of fish. Pay attention, Newt! :p

4. I think you misquoted me in #4 but here's the point as I see it. Republicans and Blue Dogs took the bite out of truly effective healthcare reform. In other words, to get this bill through Congress, it was watered down bigtime. As for your claim that the uninsured are rising due to this montrous bill, I can only say that you should run for office. The number of uninsured was rising before this bill was passed which is why Democrats tried to address escalating healthcare costs to begin with. Republicans preferred to leave the healthcare misery index where it was or at most put a band-aid on the problem when a tourniquet was needed.

5. I agree with you on your first point relating to unions. Lots of people of all political persuasions shop at Wal-mart. These people refuse to connect the dots when it comes to the unemployment misery index in this country. As to your second point about letting the voter decide in referendums whether or not public unions get a raise or a benefit, I don't oppose the idea. Although I must say that my comments on unions included unions in the private sector too.

One final point on letting the voters decide. Sooner or later it still comes down to you get what you pay for. Competent people aren't going to opt for a job in the public sector if job is not attractive in any way, shape, or form to begin with.

So as I said...you misquoted and used your own words while attributing them to someone else

"1. Granny paints the appropriate picture"

And as I thought, you only want to target specific groups....you do understand in this country that could be considered breaking the law??:lol:
By the way, the term afford is subjective!

If you are not aware of the major differences in public versus private sector unions and who is responsible for their pay....sorry I can't help ya. But here's a small clue like I told mosty.....public sector, the public has NO say in the "bargaining" process!

" As to your second point about letting the voter decide in referendums whether or not public unions get a raise or a benefit, I don't oppose the idea. Although I must say that my comments on unions included unions in the private sector too."

Boy, you said a mouthful below......:lol: Now you wouldnt be suggesting as mosty has thjat besides voters, there are more ignorant people (this time in the public sector)???

"One final point on letting the voters decide. Sooner or later it still comes down to you get what you pay for. Competent people aren't going to opt for a job in the public sector if job is not attractive in any way, shape, or form to begin with"

And here I could of sworn those public sector jobs were so great! But now I am realizing that, and all credit to mosty and NJ, that they are only worthy jobs if they can fleece the public with exhorbitant salaries and benefits. With the help of public officials, who agree to the terms (on behalf of the public lol), all the while getting back door contributions from the same people they are supposed to be negotiating with, these jobs become "attractive" as NJ put it.
Thanks for the clarification NJ!! :bang:

newtothegame
11-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Hey NJ, mosty...are these the people you are referring to who can 'afford" to pay more????

SEIU picking pockets of families of disabled in Michigan

"If you're a parent who accepts Medicaid payments from the State of Michigan to help support your mentally-disabled adult children, you qualify as a state employee for the purposes of the Service Employees International Union (SEIU). They can now claim and receive a portion of your Medicaid in the form of union dues.
Robert and Patricia Haynes live in Michigan with their two adult children, who have cerebral palsy. The state government provides the family with insurance through Medicaid, but also treats them as caregivers. For the SEIU, this makes them public employees and thus members of the union, which receives $30 out of the family's monthly Medicaid subsidy. The Michigan Quality Community Care Council (MQC3) deducts union dues on behalf of SEIU."
http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/11/seiu-picking-pockets-of-families-of-disabled-in-michigan/
Gee, this family is having to pay 30 dollars a month, to a union they are not apart of, whether they like it or not! I am sure having two children with cerebral palsey can be quite challenging and expensive. think they might be able to use the money better?? [/font]

NJ Stinks
11-11-2011, 05:33 PM
Hey NJ, mosty...are these the people you are referring to who can 'afford" to pay more????

No.

Why do I think there is more to this story than what the Washington Examiner reported? Why hasn't anyone paying the $30 complained about it loudly in the past? God knows there are enough places that would have ran with this a long time ago.

newtothegame
11-11-2011, 06:22 PM
No.

Why do I think there is more to this story than what the Washington Examiner reported? Why hasn't anyone paying the $30 complained about it loudly in the past? God knows there are enough places that would have ran with this a long time ago.

Well, you're welcome to bring more on this story if you can find it.
As to why no one complained, here's an idea...how about they didnt know they were due more? It's quite possible they never even knew that their own state government is using their money to pay SEIU.....
Amazing how the cock roachs scurry when the light gets turned on.
I'm like you though in this aspect...more will come of this story now that the light has been shown on it!

Tom
11-11-2011, 06:25 PM

I am not opposed to the idea but only at a local level, and then, with adequate restrictions to prevent and allow ONLY necessary, healthy foods. No beer, smokes, candy, chips, etc. Milk, eggs, bread, chicken.......

newtothegame
11-11-2011, 07:52 PM
I am not opposed to the idea but only at a local level, and then, with adequate restrictions to prevent and allow ONLY necessary, healthy foods. No beer, smokes, candy, chips, etc. Milk, eggs, bread, chicken.......
Very reasonable in my opinion....!

TJDave
11-11-2011, 09:37 PM
The ever even-keeled Tom and his good buddy, Dave, claim Democrats/liberals are miserable people.

Never have I been so completely misunderstood. I'm actually a fan of the downtrodden. I feel their pain. I want them to be happy...actually contented, well... not in a riotous mood, actually. But if you feel that it serves your purpose to make me the villain, then, have at it. I can take it. I just want to be able to have my cake peacefully, and eat it, too...

With a cup of good coffee.

NJ Stinks
11-11-2011, 09:40 PM

The problem with the local level is that all local levels are not created equal. Some will not be able to afford food stamps at all.

NJ Stinks
11-11-2011, 09:43 PM
Never have I been so completely misunderstood. I'm actually a fan of the downtrodden. I feel their pain. I want them to be happy...actually contented, well... not in a riotous mood, actually. But if you feel that it serves your purpose to make me the villain, then, have at it. I can take it. I just want to be able to have my cake peacefully, and eat it, too...

With a cup of good coffee.

My purpose here was and is to identify who causes to the misery index to go up. You and Tom blamed the Dems. I disagree.

bigmack
11-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Imagine his head exploding to learn, growing up my family wouldn't have had a Thanksgiving dinner for several years, had it not been for our church.

I hate the downtrodden. :lol:

NJ Stinks
11-11-2011, 09:47 PM
Imagine his head exploding to learn, growing up my family wouldn't have had a Thanksgiving dinner for several years, had it not been for our church.

I hate the downtrodden. :lol:

That doesn't make my head explode, Mack. What makes my head explode is what makes your head explode. Namely, that you live in CA. :lol:

bigmack
11-11-2011, 09:53 PM
That doesn't make my head explode, Mack. What makes my head explode is what makes your head explode. Namely, that you live in CA. :lol:
I like being a minority. There again, I'm BIG on minorities. Like me.

Sparks up confrontations. (which I dig)

I'm like a Lutheran, Larry David. Pimpin' people about how they park, why a woman chose THAT hair color. The whole schmear. :ThmbUp:

TJDave
11-11-2011, 10:04 PM
My purpose here was and is to identify who causes to the misery index to go up. You and Tom blamed the Dems. I disagree.

Actually, I said that democrats were the ones IN misery, as in, they are the ones primarily out of work and on the dole. That's why I predict a democratic win in '12.

TJDave
11-11-2011, 10:10 PM
I'm like a Lutheran....The whole schmear.

Mixed metaphors

Robert Goren
11-11-2011, 10:30 PM
The Conservative Misery Index is the number of GOP presidential hopefuls who have fallen out favor with the tea party. The number grows as more and more of them have their feet of clay exposed. It must be really miserable to see hopeful after hopeful fall by the wayside. As each one falls, it becomes more likely that Romney will be their party's nominee. That has got to driving them mad.

bigmack
11-11-2011, 11:00 PM
Mixed metaphors
:lol:

Tom
11-12-2011, 12:13 AM
The Conservative Misery Index is the number of GOP presidential hopefuls who have fallen out favor with the tea party. The number grows as more and more of them have their feet of clay exposed. It must be really miserable to see hopeful after hopeful fall by the wayside. As each one falls, it becomes more likely that Romney will be their party's nominee. That has got to driving them mad.

this how we vet our potential candidates. We don't just swallow the BS from the first community organizer to come along.

NJ Stinks
11-12-2011, 12:59 AM
Actually, I said that democrats were the ones IN misery, as in, they are the ones primarily out of work and on the dole. That's why I predict a democratic win in '12.

Was I wrong about you and Tom being good buddies too? :p :)

fast4522
11-12-2011, 08:52 AM
You guys want to stay on topic, for some this might add to your misery

Tom
11-12-2011, 10:59 AM
And looking very presidential, too!