PDA

View Full Version : Thursday night football

DigitalDownsJoe
11-10-2011, 06:00 PM
Is anyone else glad to watch some good Thursday night football??I think this is the week we see Rivers break out big. He has had a miserable year stats wise. He has his weapons now and should go for atleast 300 and 3tds..He has killed my fantasy team this year, so hoping he can shake it off this week, vs a terrible DMACless Raiders team. Its amazing in the NFL how one player makes such a HUGE difference..Look at the Colts!! Anyone think the Colts will win a game. The Luck situation would be so intersting there. What would you do if your the Colts? I cant believe I am saying this, but dont you think you could still get some great picks/trade for Manning even with the situation?

Robert Fischer
11-10-2011, 06:29 PM
Rivers arm-action of late bothers me...

he visibly appears to be "pushing" the ball more than ever
he's a big guy, and I know QBs are taught for the most part to have more of a "push" motion than a baseball windup, but I'm not sure if he isn't playing through some tightness in the shoulder (or elbow).

Raiders are a good team to bounce back against :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

From the Raydaz perspective: get the lead and re-establish the running game!!

sandpit
11-10-2011, 07:22 PM
Is anyone else glad to watch some good Thursday night football??I think this is the week we see Rivers break out big. He has had a miserable year stats wise. He has his weapons now and should go for atleast 300 and 3tds..He has killed my fantasy team this year, so hoping he can shake it off this week, vs a terrible DMACless Raiders team. Its amazing in the NFL how one player makes such a HUGE difference..Look at the Colts!! Anyone think the Colts will win a game. The Luck situation would be so intersting there. What would you do if your the Colts? I cant believe I am saying this, but dont you think you could still get some great picks/trade for Manning even with the situation?

Best thing I saw at the Breeders' Cup was a guy with a Colts jersey: #12 with the "Luck" on it

Robert Fischer
11-10-2011, 07:53 PM
tough for me to get a handle on the ODDS here

the stats point to the UNDER , and it has taken some action

I'll go with OVER 47.5 pts here

i think the Raiders come out firing and San Diego will have to score some points to win, and will not be able to just run the clock out late.
Danger here is SD getting a commanding lead early... they are in the division hunt and could play conservative with a 2nd half lead... :confused:

Zippy Chippy
11-10-2011, 08:38 PM
I am excited to watch it. I have SD -7. Can't believe SD is 4-4, i feel they will go on a good run now and win 4 out of 5.

DigitalDownsJoe
11-10-2011, 11:11 PM
Best thing I saw at the Breeders' Cup was a guy with a Colts jersey: #12 with the "Luck" on it

That is so funny..Kinda ungrateful considering all the manning has done there though lol

DigitalDownsJoe
11-10-2011, 11:13 PM
Rivers is all over the place tonight, 17/35 so far...terrible

DigitalDownsJoe
11-10-2011, 11:15 PM
Michael Bush is having a great game..Over 200 yards of offense, and a good workload. He deserves more touches even after dmac comes back..

slew101
11-10-2011, 11:32 PM
This should be it for Norv Turner.

Bad division means SD is not dead yet, but if they lose a couple more, I can see that team tanking it. Already seeing a bunch of arguing on the sidelines the last few weeks.

Jackson doing a nice job with Oakland, but can he wait for a replay before throwing a challenge flag? See the Palmer fumble. He threw the flag before he saw a replay.

judd
11-11-2011, 05:34 AM
This should be it for Norv Turner.

Bad division means SD is not dead yet, but if they lose a couple more, I can see that team tanking it. Already seeing a bunch of arguing on the sidelines the last few weeks.

Jackson doing a nice job with Oakland, but can he wait for a replay before throwing a challenge flag? See the Palmer fumble. He threw the flag before he saw a replay.
norv turner ranks up there with herm edwards etc

Robert Goren
11-11-2011, 10:17 AM
norv turner ranks up there with herm edwards etcNot Quite that bad, but not very good either. This will be very good job for the next coach. They are sitting on quite a bit of talent.

pandy
11-11-2011, 10:31 AM
I agree, he'll be fired after this season. Carson Palmer played great last night.

redshift1
11-11-2011, 03:52 PM
Rivers arm-action of late bothers me...

he visibly appears to be "pushing" the ball more than ever
he's a big guy, and I know QBs are taught for the most part to have more of a "push" motion than a baseball windup, but I'm not sure if he isn't playing through some tightness in the shoulder (or elbow).

Raiders are a good team to bounce back against :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

From the Raydaz perspective: get the lead and re-establish the running game!!

Yes, Rivers all over the place especially with his long throws, guessing some kind of unreported injury along with solid defense from the Raiders.

DigitalDownsJoe
11-11-2011, 10:24 PM
I think SD is very talented, but also very injury prone, and terrible play calling IMO

sandpit
11-11-2011, 10:33 PM
I think SD is very talented, but also very injury prone, and terrible play calling IMO

Couldn't agree more, the RBs did the exact same thing on every pass play, very predictable all around.

Turner seems clueless to me.