PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Which Project First?

Dave Schwartz
11-08-2011, 08:35 PM
I recently posted that I was going to begin producing a very in-depth video newsletter. Each issue would contain several features ranging from spreadsheets, factor analysis, and IV tables to discussions on money management and general handicapping.

Note that the newsletter is not a subscription! Cost is $17 per issue.

That thread and poll are at this link:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88988

Overlay and Tom would prefer that I finish my Percentages & Probabilities book in time for Christmas instead. Cost= $87.

You can read about that project here:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77007

The question is, "Which project would you prefer be available for Christmas?"

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Overlay
11-08-2011, 08:51 PM
To be scrupulously fair, since you have already noted my preference, I won't re-vote here. (I just wanted to make that clear.) But be sure to mentally tack my opinion (and Tom's, too, if he also does not formally vote) on to the final tally in favor of Percentages & Probabilities.

I await the results hopefully, with credit card at the ready. :)

Overlay
11-08-2011, 09:20 PM
To be even more scrupulously fair :) , I think that (if you can) you might want to change the fourth option listed in this poll from "I might buy the book (40%)" (which duplicates the second option listed) to "I might buy the newsletter (40%)" (which is what I'm sure you meant), just so people will be perfectly clear what they're voting on.

Dave Schwartz
11-08-2011, 09:27 PM
Please DO vote here as this is the thread that will count. (Actually, vote in both threads if you don't mind.)

Too late to edit the poll.

(Bad night in black rock - my seminar blew up as well.)

Dang, I miss-typed. The second "buy the book" is supposed to be "buy the newsletter."

Overlay
11-08-2011, 09:31 PM
Dang, I miss-typed.
I know that you're upset, but that's no excuse to use profanity! :)

dkithore
11-09-2011, 09:06 AM
Dave,

Can u not supply the Percentage and Probability info in your first issue and make costs affordable by more people?

DK

Dave Schwartz
11-09-2011, 09:22 AM
Percentages & Probabilities is already almost 300 pages. No. It is not a $17 product.

Turkoman
11-15-2011, 11:57 AM
Dave, I remember that the e-book version was discussed a while back. Is the $87 price for the printed version?

Dave Schwartz
11-15-2011, 12:25 PM
The book's price will be $117 in eBook form. It will be a LARGE book. I doubt that there will be a print version. If there is, it will likely be $50 more, as the shipping alone will probably run $15+ (hard cost).

Pre-release purchasers will receive a substantial discount. The item will appear in our store within the next couple of days, with target ship date of December 25th, 2011.

In addition, the first 50 early purchasers will receive a special gift related to the product, which I will announce as soon as possible. The gift will literally double the value of the product for most people.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Dave Schwartz
11-15-2011, 12:57 PM
The PA Special will be $87 as promised. Watch for details in the forum.