PDA

View Full Version : What is this country coming to??

sq764
12-03-2003, 10:55 AM
http://www.msnbc.com/news/1000459.asp?cp1=1

First the Virginia sniper, now this?? Copycat maybe?

Scary as shit nonetheless..

JustRalph
12-03-2003, 12:21 PM
I have driven through the "sniper zone" as they call it a couple of times this week. This is probably some dumb Hillbilly with a pissed off attitude. He did manage to kill some poor unlucky women last week. But mostly he has shot holes in Semi Truck trailers. The Police here don't know what the hell to do. They have opened up a tip line and asked the shooter to call them. Here is the dirty little secret you won't hear or read online. This guy has been shooting for 6 months along this stretch of road. The reported shootings all went to different police departments. The powering towers of political boundary and secretive style that these police departments live by kept them from talking to each other, as usual. Until someone was killed. Then it made the news and a bunch of police detectives decided to pick the phone and call each other. Low and behold we have 12-14 shootings that might be related. In fact 4-5 have already been linked via physical evidence. Then we blast it all over the news and the shooter skulks back to Kentucky or West Virginia. Good Luck on catching this guy.........they missed their chance when they were all sitting around drinking coffee making patrolman take reports for them. If they catch him, it's because he is an idiot. I say 50-50 chance..........that he is an idiot.

andicap
12-03-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by sq764
http://www.msnbc.com/news/1000459.asp?cp1=1

First the Virginia sniper, now this?? Copycat maybe?

Scary as shit nonetheless..

Ah, it's always something. Things don't change. In the 30's it was bank robbers. In the 50s, juvinile delinquency, in the 60s, social and ghetto unrest.

It always seems like it's getting worse, but I'd rather be living in these times than 40 years ago. (except with sports -- THAT really is getting worse.)

JustRalph
12-03-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by andicap
It always seems like it's getting worse, but I'd rather be living in these times than 40 years ago. (except with sports -- THAT really is getting worse.)

Andi

you got it right when it comes to sports......I can't wait to see how the stats drop in Baseball next year. The steroid boys are going to have to come clean. With a bunch of them testifying in court and the random testing revealing somewhere around 13% on steroids, I say we throw out all the records for the last ten years. How about an Asterisk in the record books for the "steroid era" that would shake a few up.

sq764
12-03-2003, 03:05 PM
Now wouldn't it be logical for the Columbus police to hook up with the Virginia police to swap notes? They just went through this sniper shit last year..

At what point do egos take back seat to ensuring public safety?

kenwoodallpromos
12-03-2003, 11:37 PM
So were the Va snipers hillbillys?