PDA

View Full Version : Poll and Suggestions on a new Dave Schwartz Product

Dave Schwartz
11-08-2011, 01:41 PM
We are about to embark on a new project: The Horse Handicapping Authority Insider Newsletter, and I need your feedback.

First, those of you who are familiar with my previous newsletter about 18-20 years ago, BrainWaves, know that when I say "newsletter, I do not mean 8 pages with 2 pages of fluff. That publication was 60 pages long and filled with content in each issue.

The way I envision this product is that it will be, basically, a video newsletter. That is, each issue will be broken into individual video segments much like a TV show. There will be accompanying print material as well such as PDFs, text files, spreadsheets (in both old and new versions of Excel), etc. as needed.

My goal is for each issue to be so jam-packed with good stuff that every person will be able to say, "I got something out of this issue that I could use." Think of it as a brand new handicapping "book" every month or two.

The cost will be just $17 per issue in electronic download, with no subscription necessary.

Here is what I am asking you to do:

First, please fill out the poll, telling me what the chances are of you purchasing the first issue. (Hey, if nobody wants the first issue, why make a second one?)

Second, please offer up your ideas for features and facts that you would like to see.

*Would you have an interest in an chart that allows you to adjust a 2yr-old's time from a July race to February of the 3yr-old year?

*Would you like to know which paceline selection strategy is best for maiden sprinters at age 4?

*Would you like to see an impact value table for ES points for each track broken down by distance?

*Would you want ideas on money management or ways to compute factors!

Tell me what you want and I will attempt to work it into the plan.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Overlay
11-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Dave:

You know that I applaud your continual efforts to expand and inform, and I'm sorry if I sound like a broken record (can anyone under 30 even relate to that term?) on this topic, but what effect will this latest planned venture have on your publication of the long-awaited (emphasis (for me) on the "long") update to Percentages and Probabilities that you first mentioned a couple years ago? :) (If I have missed a recent posting that you may have provided on its status, I apologize.)

Dave Schwartz
11-08-2011, 02:31 PM
If enough people really want that TODAY and are willing to pre-order soon, I will produce it before Christmas and push back the newsletter.

The project has not been touched in several months. I could have it finished by Christmas.

The question is, do others agree?

Overlay
11-08-2011, 02:48 PM
If enough people really want that TODAY and are willing to pre-order soon, I will produce it before Christmas and push back the newsletter.

As you might surmise, my personal response is an emphatic YES!! Post the ordering information!! Full speed ahead!! Move on to other projects after that brief interval between now and Christmas!!

Tom
11-08-2011, 06:13 PM
YES!!

Overlay
11-08-2011, 09:40 PM
*Would you like to see an impact value table for ES points for each track broken down by distance?
As far as I'm concerned, the more impact value information, the better (not just limited to early speed).

dkithore
11-09-2011, 09:02 AM
YES! I would be interested in the project Overlay and TOM are supporting.

DK

Houndog
11-11-2011, 01:13 PM
Dave I remember your Brainwaves newsletter and it had some good information. I think an electronic Newsletter is a great idea. Of course I would also support the product that Overlay wants.

I realize you can't do both at the same time so for now I would be more inclined to put Percentages and Probabilities on the fast track.