PDA

View Full Version : My random BC2011 thoughts

elhelmete
11-07-2011, 12:01 PM
My random BC2011 thoughts.

Woodbine seems to be a great ‘last race’ place.

Is it possible that some of the gaudy numbers posted early on in the last 12 months by SA horses like The Factor are simply an anomaly due to the new dirt at SA? Overall not a great weekend for SoCal-based runners.

How does Goldikova stay up, when on Friday they take down that early Johnny Velazquez winner? (OK, this is mostly sour grapes since the JV takedown took away my P5).

Anyone else think that the euros might ship far fewer horses next year, or will the $$$ be too much to ignore?

Have we reached the limit of expanding the number of Divisions?

At Santa Anita it was cold and rainy most of the day on Friday, sunny but chilly on Saturday, and cold and rainy on Sunday. Oops.

The drop in attendance and handle seems to be blamed on the “no Zenyatta” factor. What will be the excuse next year if the downward trend continues?

For whatever reason (yeah…maybe because I MADE $$ ON THEM), I like the non-BC races on BC days.

toussaud
11-07-2011, 12:11 PM
Is it possible that some of the gaudy numbers posted early on in the last 12 months by SA horses like The Factor are simply an anomaly due to the new dirt at SA? Overall not a great weekend for SoCal-based runners.

huh?

game on dude came in 2nd in the classic, amazombie won the sprint, Tres Borrachos (the longest shot on the board) came in 3rd in the dirt mile ,Creative Cause came in 3rd in the Juvenille, Secret Circle won the juvenille sprint, switch came in 2nd in the filly and mare sprint

I mean it's not blowing out the water, but that's not bad at all. They won just as many races as the euros did (2). That's not counting Regally ready who started racing earlier this year on the down hill at santa anita

Heck horses that you would say are based in the NYRA circuit only won 3 (Royal Delta, My miss, Drusselmeyer)

horses from Mid west circuits won 4 BC races, woodbine horses tore the joint up as well.

It was a pretty well rounded BC day with horses from both coasts winning, up north, euros, down south, etc

Yeah you had some horses like the factor that ran up the track but so did horses like uncle mo and trappe shot

DJofSD
11-07-2011, 12:35 PM
GOD's loss was a heartbreaker for me.

I thought the SAX horses form carried very well to CDX.

cj
11-07-2011, 12:35 PM
The takedown on Friday was because one jockey whipped a horse he wasn't riding.

PhantomOnTour
11-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Caleb's Posse and Royal Delta were the only 3yr olds to beat their elders. A few were highly touted...Jackson Bend, Turbulent Descent, The Factor, Sea Moon, Strong Suit, and Uncle Mo.

Rapid Grey
11-07-2011, 01:08 PM
[QUOTE=elhelmete]
The drop in attendance and handle seems to be blamed on the “no Zenyatta” factor. What will be the excuse next year if the downward trend continues?

QUOTE]

Churchill deserves some of the blame for attendance. They are bottom line driven and jack prices up for days like Breeders Cup, Oaks and Derby. Oaks and Derby they can get away with but BC is more about the everyday players and many stay away because of the price gouging. 1st floor clubhouse tickets were $50 for Friday and $100 for Saturday. Throw in $10 beers and $6.00 hot dogs and they wonder why attendance is down?

They have effectively priced out the small to medium sized bettors.

elhelmete
11-07-2011, 01:14 PM
The takedown on Friday was because one jockey whipped a horse he wasn't riding.

Just watched replay...whoopsie, I missed that on Friday. :eek: