PDA

View Full Version : The patience of Job

TJDave
11-06-2011, 09:49 PM
An amazing show of restraint. :lol:

Scroll down to the video....

http://chicksontheright.com/2011/11/06/compaaaaaaaaaasionate-and-intellectually-elite-prius-driver-thinks-truck-owners-are-mindless-and-irresponsible/

PaceAdvantage
11-06-2011, 09:53 PM
She's worried about exhaust? Something tells me exhaust isn't her major health concern...I hate hypocrites.

boxcar
11-07-2011, 12:01 AM
She's worried about exhaust? Something tells me exhaust isn't her major health concern...I hate hypocrites.

This is a liberal for you. Their poop never smells. It's everyone else who's stinking up the planet.

Rush always said that libs buys cars like the Prius so they can break their arms patting themselves on the back for being the only ones conscientious enough and compassionate enough to save the planet. They derive a false sense of heroism from this, seeking the praises of their fellow man. These hypocrites parade their Priuses in public pretty much the same way the Pharisees use to broaden their phylacteries and lengthen the tassels on their garments for public displays of piety.

Boxcar

Actor
11-07-2011, 05:56 AM
What makes you think this woman is a liberal? What does she do or say that indicates she is a liberal?

JustRalph
11-07-2011, 10:56 AM
What makes you think this woman is a liberal? What does she do or say that indicates she is a liberal?

Driving a Prius............ I give it 90% likely

boxcar
11-07-2011, 11:45 AM
Driving a Prius............ I give it 90% likely

And I would also add that her elitist, arrogant, selfish attitude would it make it 95% likely. Wow! We're up to 185% :jump:

Boxcar

DJofSD
11-07-2011, 12:41 PM
Typical liberal -- holier than thou.

Actor
11-07-2011, 05:29 PM
And I would also add that her elitist, arrogant, selfish attitude would it make it 95% likely. Wow! We're up to 185% :jump:

Boxcar
I can't resist this.

You obviously have not studied probability. To get the probability of an event or state based on two independent factors (and these two are not necessarily independent) you don't simply add the two independent factors. You add the two factors then subtract their product to avoid a double count.

.90 + .95 - .90x.95 = 1.85 - .855 = .995

And "elitist, arrogant, selfish" are adjectives that define a conservative. Therefore

.90 + (1.00 - .95) - .90x.05 = .95 -.045 = .905

By the way, my best friend is about as conservative as you can get and he owns a Prius. He also owns this big SUV but he only uses it, so he says, to haul his sailboat to and from the lake. The sailboat uses zero fossil fuels of course.

bigmack
11-07-2011, 05:34 PM
By the way, my best friend is about as conservative as you can get and he owns a Prius. He also owns this big SUV but he only uses it, so he says, to haul his sailboat to and from the lake. The sailboat uses zero fossil fuels of course.
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/ProfileofHybridDrivers-HybridCars.png
http://www.hybridcars.com/hybrid-drivers/profile-of-hybrid-drivers.html

boxcar
11-07-2011, 06:09 PM
I can't resist this.

You obviously have not studied probability. To get the probability of an event or state based on two independent factors (and these two are not necessarily independent) you don't simply add the two independent factors. You add the two factors then subtract their product to avoid a double count.

.90 + .95 - .90x.95 = 1.85 - .855 = .995

And "elitist, arrogant, selfish" are adjectives that define a conservative. Therefore

.90 + (1.00 - .95) - .90x.05 = .95 -.045 = .905

You strain at gnats to swallow camels. Two different formulae -- only to arrive at the same conclusion -- very high probability. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Robert Goren
11-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Pruis owners that I have met all share the same characteristic. They are cheap. They hate paying for high priced gasoline. They have done the math and claim they will save money in the long run. I am skeptical of their figures, but that is what they say. I myself wouldn't touch one with a ten foot pole right now. I like to give things a few years til they to get the bugs out. I have too many fads come and go in autos. Remember the rotory engine.

JustRalph
11-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Pruis owners that I have met all share the same characteristic. They are cheap. They hate paying for high priced gasoline. They have done the math and claim they will save money in the long run. I am skeptical of their figures, but that is what they say. I myself wouldn't touch one with a ten foot pole right now. I like to give things a few years til they to get the bugs out. I have too many fads come and go in autos. Remember the rotory engine.

You are a hoot. The rotary engine has been in production Since 1963 and is currently available in the Mazda rx8 and has a very good following and is very popular in several applications but most famously in the rx8. :lol: I am sure you knew all that right?

HUSKER55
11-07-2011, 10:04 PM
that is one B I T C H ! Wait till she gets her first repair bill?

lsbets
11-07-2011, 10:05 PM
I've never met a Prius driver. :eek:

Actor
11-07-2011, 10:20 PM
I agree. I've done the math. Hybrids cost more meaning I have to finance more and pay more interest. By my math the price of gas has to hit about $4.00 per gallon and stay there just to break even. If the price of gas is $5.00 per gallon when I get buy my next car I'll seriously consider a hybrid.

Actor
11-07-2011, 10:21 PM
You strain at gnats to swallow camels. Two different formulae -- only to arrive at the same conclusion -- very high probability. :rolleyes:

BoxcarRight! But it was fun and, face it, the data was fictitious. :lol: