PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR

cj
11-06-2011, 09:21 PM
How in the world does a guy win 4 of 8 races in the "Chase" and not lead the series, behind a guy that hasn't won a race in eight months? I thought they moved to reward winning races?

Striker
11-06-2011, 09:52 PM
He had to overcome a pretty big hole since he was winless for the first 26 races and only had 11 Top 10 finishes going in to the chase. He was lucky to even qualify in the top 12 and got it because of the 3rd at Atlanta and his 7th at Richmond.

cj
11-06-2011, 09:55 PM
He had to overcome a pretty big hole since he was winless for the first 26 races and only had 11 Top 10 finishes going in to the chase. He was lucky to even qualify in the top 12 and got it because of the 3rd at Atlanta and his 7th at Richmond.

No, not really. Wasn't he first after he won the very first race in the Chase? If not, at least the second. He has won two more since then. Apparently, winning isn't that big a deal. Two 5ths trump a win and a 20th, or something close to that.

Robert Goren
11-06-2011, 10:13 PM
No, not really. Wasn't he first after he won the very first race in the Chase? If not, at least the second. He has won two more since then. Apparently, winning isn't that big a deal. Two 5ths trump a win and a 20th, or something close to that.by 10pt

Marshall Bennett
11-06-2011, 10:23 PM
Nascar makes little sense to a lot of people anymore. That's why their ratings have dropped off like they have. I still don't know as of right now who won today's race and frankly don't give a damn.

Striker
11-06-2011, 10:26 PM
No, not really. Wasn't he first after he won the very first race in the Chase? If not, at least the second. He has won two more since then. Apparently, winning isn't that big a deal. Two 5ths trump a win and a 20th, or something close to that.
I agree with you there isn't enough reward for winning including only 3 points for a win during the regualr season.

Valuist
11-09-2011, 10:55 PM
How in the world does a guy win 4 of 8 races in the "Chase" and not lead the series, behind a guy that hasn't won a race in eight months? I thought they moved to reward winning races?

Has anyone checked if those who voted for Zenyatta as HOY last year were involved in NASCAR?