PDA

View Full Version : At the end of the day, here's some comedy relief

DJofSD
11-05-2011, 12:11 PM
Spin's top 40 comedy albums. (http://www.spin.com/articles/spins-40-greatest-comedy-albums-all-time)

Have never heard some of them while others never even heard of the artist before, and others not listened to others for a long time but I have to agree with the number one pick. Definetely some great memories associated with that album.

BombsAway Bob
11-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Spin's top 40 comedy albums. (http://www.spin.com/articles/spins-40-greatest-comedy-albums-all-time)

Have never heard some of them while others never even heard of the artist before, and others not listened to others for a long time but I have to agree with the number one pick. Definetely some great memories associated with that album.
Patton Oswalt in Top 5?
PLEASE!
Either the writers are his friends,
or they smoke entirely too much weed.
(Speaking of weed, where's "Big Bamboo" by C&C?)

Jay Trotter
11-05-2011, 03:54 PM
Nailed it with Bill Cosby at #1! As I went through the list I was thinking "what, no Bill Cosby"? Likely should have a couple more albums on that list.

TJDave
11-06-2011, 01:57 AM
What, no Shelly Berman? :lol:

They got the wrong Firesign Theater album. It was the one before with the Nick Danger sketch.

Actor
11-06-2011, 03:31 AM
A few years ago my wife and I went to a comedy club. One of the stand up comics was in the middle of his routine when someone in the back yelled "Tell a joke."

"Who said that?" said the comic.

"He did," came the same voice.

The comic pointed at me and says "Get up here."

I didn't protest but went up on the stage. While continuing his banter the comic took four penlights out of their bubble wrap and put batteries in them. Then he handed two to me.

"Turn these on," he said. I did so.

"Now stick them up your nose," he said. I did so.

The comic just stood there for a second then said "You just cost me three pages of material. Most people won't do that."