PDA

View Full Version : There's A Dog On The Track!

BombsAway Bob
11-05-2011, 01:47 AM
"There's A Dog on the Track!" -Peter Berry Stretch Call,
1st@Mountaineer 11/4/11:

http://youtu.be/jJkys6mU4N8

& head-on shot of the dog(Lugging in)

http://youtu.be/mZkep1Uot-k

depalma113
11-05-2011, 05:33 AM
We almost had a major disaster in yesterdats juvenile fillies race. As the field turned for home, there were two track maintanence guys raking the stretch. It took some screaming from the fans to wake them up and the ran off the track.

FantasticDan
11-05-2011, 09:37 AM
I remember a few yrs ago a cat darted across the track right in front of the horses on the backstretch of a NYRA race.. they showed it in slow-mo during the recap show.. :D

Marshall Bennett
11-05-2011, 10:59 AM
A rabbit was killed darting across the track at the 1973 Indy 500. Watching that race was a nightmare. It was plagued with mishaps, including Swede Savage's wreck that took his life.
Was watching when Rich perloff was on one day, a duck at Philly Park was stomped entering the first turn. Emailed Rich asking him to get them to show the replay and he wouldn't do it, hell it was only a duck.

craigbraddick
11-05-2011, 11:43 AM
A flying goose knocked a jockey out of the saddle during a race I called at Turfway earlier this year.

Said Goose was injured but was chased by the track crew around the home turn following the race before becoming the "special" on the following day.

Craig.

duncan04
11-05-2011, 08:56 PM
A flying goose knocked a jockey out of the saddle during a race I called at Turfway earlier this year.

Said Goose was injured but was chased by the track crew around the home turn following the race before becoming the "special" on the following day.

Craig.

Lol I was there that day. Cory Orm was the jockey!

wisconsin
11-05-2011, 10:04 PM
Then there was the infamous "deer" race at Turfway back in the '90's.

sandpit
11-05-2011, 11:24 PM

Craig.

I was placing judge at Turfway back in the 90s when about three of those Canada Geese got wiped out on the backstretch. The outrider had to go out and wring the neck of one of them that was flopping around on the track.