PDA

View Full Version : Obama Administration Attacks More First Amendment Freedoms

Frank DeMartini
11-04-2011, 02:00 PM
Here is an article I wrote today regarding the Obama Administration's out and out attack on Freedom of Religion. It is becoming more apparent that he wants to turn this country into a secular state.

http://www.hollywoodrepublican.net/?p=11812

Thoughts?

boxcar
11-04-2011, 02:27 PM
Here is an article I wrote today regarding the Obama Administration's out and out attack on Freedom of Religion. It is becoming more apparent that he wants to turn this country into a secular state.

Thoughts?

I broached this subject briefly in the "Religion" thread. I have seen this coming and Book of Revelations speaks to this unholy relationship between the State and the Church. This is how the State will enforce its godless will upon the Church, thereby effectively creating exactly what is forbidden under the Constitution -- the establishment of religion by the State under the color of law; for religious institutions will have to run their institutions by the State's rules.

The Catholic Church has very deep pockets. I can only hope they will fight this covert takeover tooth and nail.

Boxcar

lamboguy
11-04-2011, 02:57 PM

Thoughts?
i have no idea on this one!

my question is when all these republicans take over this country in 2012, what do you think is going to happen with respect to citizens owning gold?

i already know they are going to let you own all the paper gold that you can put your hands on, i want to know about the real physical metal,

thank you for your response

boxcar
11-04-2011, 03:08 PM
i have no idea on this one!

my question is when all these republicans take over this country in 2012, what do you think is going to happen with respect to citizens owning gold?

i already know they are going to let you own all the paper gold that you can put your hands on, i want to know about the real physical metal,

thank you for your response

I'm glad to see that Hcap and I aren't the only ones around here who "hijack" threads. :D

Boxcar

Actor
11-04-2011, 03:18 PM

The first amendment makes this country a secular state. It is and should be a secular state. The government should not be giving funds to religious organizations to spend promoting their religious views and practices. That clearly is prohibited by the first amendment.

boxcar
11-04-2011, 03:31 PM
The first amendment makes this country a secular state. It is and should be a secular state. The government should not be giving funds to religious organizations to spend promoting their religious views and practices. That clearly is prohibited by the first amendment.

But we can send taxpayer money overseas to build mosques,right?

http://amyalkon.mensnewsdaily.com/2011/07/28/mosque-makeovers-overseas-funded-by-u-s-taxpayers/

Also, are you aware that the Supreme Court ruled a long time ago that Secular Humanism is a religion?

Boxcar

Dave Schwartz
11-04-2011, 04:27 PM

Lambo, you are beginning to sound like a one-trick pony.

:lol:

boxcar
11-04-2011, 05:25 PM
Lambo, you are beginning to sound like a one-trick pony.

:lol:

Personally, I think he has gold fever from which he'll probably die.

Boxcar

lamboguy
11-04-2011, 07:28 PM
Personally, I think he has gold fever from which he'll probably die.

Boxcar
as you know better than myself, but all monetary values in the bible always have gold mentioned. i don't question the bible, do you think the democrats and republicans should either?

boxcar
11-04-2011, 07:51 PM
as you know better than myself, but all monetary values in the bible always have gold mentioned. i don't question the bible, do you think the democrats and republicans should either?

But the difference between you and the bible is that, unlike you, the central focus of scripture is not in silver or gold.

But for the record, I believe as you do that the decline of the U.S. began when Nixon (was it?) took us off the gold standard. That was a mistake of monumental proportions.

Boxcar

lamboguy
11-04-2011, 08:14 PM
But the difference between you and the bible is that, unlike you, the central focus of scripture is not in silver or gold.

But for the record, I believe as you do that the decline of the U.S. began when Nixon (was it?) took us off the gold standard. That was a mistake of monumental proportions.

Boxcar
nixon never took us off the gold standard, we are still technically on the gold standard, we just don't abide by it. what nixon did was close the gold window. he had no choice, if he didn't the united states would not have any gold at all. the united states operated on a fixed gold price while the rest of the world operated in a floating open market. by doing what he did at the time, he actually saved this country. but nonetheless this country has certainly had its problems once its currency was no longer backed by gold.

the other thing that is interesting today is that the state of utah wants to use gold and silver for transactions. mitt romney and gov. perry want to limit the citizens here in the right to purchase gold. as far as i know cain and gingrich have no such policies. i actually have donated to both the campaigns of both those guys because they have no problem with citizen's rights to own gold. even the people's republic of china encourage their citizen's to own gold. as much as i dislike obama, he has never mentioned gold or did anything to discourage citizens from owning it either, as far as i know hillary clinton has no problem with gold either in case she happens to run. of course the guy that i really want as you can probably guess is ron paul, but i am sure the republicans are afraid of him and will never let him win an election.

chickenhead
11-04-2011, 10:53 PM
Gold Rush: Alaska aka Morons digging big frickin holes in the ground, fightin', and breakin' stuff and findin' no gold and going bankrupt and feelin' blue yet optimistic Season Deux starts tonight.

my favorite show.

bigmack
11-04-2011, 11:18 PM
my favorite show.
I've never heard 'glory hole' more in my LIFE. Enough already.

Peter Griffin couldn't watch the show without a snicker every minuto.

chickenhead
11-04-2011, 11:46 PM
LIVE UPDATE: Dakota "Big Boot" Fred just showed up, and not only informed the Hoffmans he just bought Porcupine Creek out from under them, but -- get this -- that he intends to mine that sum bitch THIS SEASON -- right smack dab in the middle of their glory hole!

I don't know what goes on up in Alaska, but even here in Cali common decency says one man ought not to go rooting around and interfering with another mans glory hole.

Is nothing sacred, Big Boot?

bigmack
11-04-2011, 11:55 PM
Farkin' claim jumper, he is.

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsw8oby7NO1qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

mostpost
11-05-2011, 12:28 AM
Getting back on topic. The claim is made that the Department of Health and Human Services wants the US Bishops Migration and Refugee Services Agency to provide abortions. The MaRS agency is not a hospital or a health clinic, therefore that idea is invalid. HHS wants MaRS to provide referrals to people who need those services. Referrals in the sense of where people can go to receive information on family planning.

Never the less, let's say the Church has the right to refuse to give such referrals and that to give such referrals would violate its tenets. Should the government tun down MaRS request for a grant? Yes, because these grants are competitive and there are many agencies doing the same work. It is better to give the money to an organization which will provide all the services needed by immigrants. Those services would include information on contraception, abortion and other forms of family planning, if requested.

Actor
11-05-2011, 03:33 AM
But we can send taxpayer money overseas to build mosques,right?
Possibly. I would be against that, but the question of whether it is constitutional is a separate issue from whether this country is or should be a secular state. In deciding the issue the court would probably address whether giving monetary aid to another country without a condition that it not be used for religious purposes constitutes "respecting an establishment of religion." My guess is they would say it does not. Using taxpayer money to build a mosque, or any church/temple, inside our borders is clearly unconstitutional.

Also, are you aware that the Supreme Court ruled a long time ago that Secular Humanism is a religion?

Boxcar
I am aware of that and, from what little I know of Secular Humanism, I would agree. This too seems to be a digression.

Actor
11-05-2011, 03:59 AM

Thoughts?
Putting in another two cents, I do not see how this can be regarded as an "out and out attack on Freedom of Religion" by the Obama Administration.

He (Gomez) doesn't specifically state it is the Obama Administration that is doing this...

I.e., it's an indictment based on no evidence. The action taken by the government here is part of a long standing policy that predates the Obama administration, so you can also cite Bush and, as far as I know, Clinton, Bush the First, Reagan, et al.

Also, the policy addresses a complex "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. No matter what the government does someone is going to yell "Foul." If you approve the applicant's application then money is being channeled away from its intended purpose for religious reasons. If you disapprove then you get the Gomez/DeMartini objection. No win either way.

Tom
11-05-2011, 10:51 AM
It is better to give the money to an organization which will provide all the services needed by immigrants.

How about we provide $0 to immigrants. How about they pay for their own. How about if they are illegal, we sent them back home?

How about THAT!