PDA

View Full Version : Equibase Seems to have made a change

Brian Flewwelling
12-02-2003, 05:05 PM
I just noticed today that one cannot view the Source of pages at Equibase Results

This could be a very serious matter for us who are downloading Charts by program.

Would someone tell me I am wrong, PLEASE!

Brian

wes
12-02-2003, 05:32 PM
Equibase seems to be working ok.

wes

BillW
12-02-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Brian Flewwelling
I just noticed today that one cannot view the Source of pages at Equibase Results

This could be a very serious matter for us who are downloading Charts by program.

Would someone tell me I am wrong, PLEASE!

Brian

Brian,

My auto-download scripts are working OK here.

Bill

GameTheory
12-02-2003, 06:21 PM
If you can't view the source, that is just a glitch with your browser -- nothing to do with Equibase. (Try the "Delete Files..." button to clear out your internet cache -- usually clears things up.) Even if they could stop you from viewing the source in your browser (which they can't, although certain javascripts can make it more troublesome), you can always just save the page to hard drive and open it in any editor...

Brian Flewwelling
12-02-2003, 08:16 PM
I thank those who checked Equibase and found it still working.

My program is written in vb and uses the Inet control. Is there any one else using this method of accessing Equibase?

The reason for this question is that i have completely cleaned off my hard-drive and re-installed Windows (2k), Internet Explorer and Visual basic. I am wondering if there is a new command available to tell IE not to make the source available, and i am caught with a version that implements this. Or more likely, a setting in IE that prevents the source from being saved as a security thing.

I will now stop using this forum for my computer problems.

Brian

Dave Schwartz
12-02-2003, 09:20 PM
Brian,

You said: "I will now stop using this forum for my computer problems."

Why would you do that? We have Ralph! He gives some of the best advice I've ever heard.

Hey, what are friends for if you can't take advantage of them once in awhile? <G>

Dave

JustRalph
12-02-2003, 10:26 PM
You may be on to your problem when you mention the VB script stuff. What version of Windows were you using before? Ditto for the browser? VB scripts can be very dangerous and Microsoft has just about put an end to them by protecting us from ourselves. They can still work but you may have to jump through some hoops.

Give me a more detailed description of what happens (error messages etc) when you try to use the program.........then we can go from there.

Thanks Dave.........for the kind words........

Brian Flewwelling
12-02-2003, 10:51 PM
Dave

I lied. Here we go again.

Ralph,

I am using W2k, just as before. Visual Basic V6sp5, just as before. The only difference is that they were freshly installed and all the upgrades applied from MS.

No error messages from the program until it gets to the point of parsing the downloaded Chart, Entry, Workout file, because it didn't get one. However, it does dl and parse the page which shows which files are 'available'.

I have observed the Inet1_ChangeState function comeing back with States of 3 and 1, when 12 would be good, and 11 would be an error... haven't found documentation on these States.

(How's that for Nerd talk!:))

If you feel we can persue this further, i think we should use PM unless there are expressions of interest from the rest of the folks.

Thank you for your concern

Brian

JustRalph
12-02-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Brian Flewwelling
Dave

I lied. Here we go again.

Ralph,

I am using W2k, just as before. Visual Basic V6sp5, just as before. The only difference is that they were freshly installed and all the upgrades applied from MS.

As I stated before, MSFT doesn't like allowing all the scripting stuff to run on its own. I think the highlighted portion above may be your problem. Let me look into it a little more and I will get back to you.

Brian Flewwelling
12-02-2003, 11:33 PM
GOT IT! Ralph

When you re-install windows you must reset your date format (at least i do, since i can't use the mo-da-year thing)

if you happen to mess with the separator ... dates won't match

Sorry Guys ... Dumb Dumb strikes again

Brian

JustRalph
12-02-2003, 11:38 PM
Nice catch. It would have taken me a while to get to that one....

very nice............