PDA

View Full Version : Secreatariat movie

BELMONT 6-6-09
11-03-2011, 08:51 PM
Just finished watching the movie Secretariat for the 400th time Lol. It really drives me crazy watching the Belmont Stakes filmed at Keeneland..I guess that makes me a horseracing degenerate. I don't know the circumstances that warrented
not filming at Belmont Park, but it hurts the bottom line of a real inspirational movie IMO.

Sparky13
11-04-2011, 12:56 PM
That is like in the movie Major League, the Cleveland Indians played their games in old Milwaukee County Stadium.

iceknight
11-04-2011, 01:08 PM
Just finished watching the movie Secretariat for the 400th time Lol. It really drives me crazy watching the Belmont Stakes filmed at Keeneland..I guess that makes me a horseracing degenerate. I don't know the circumstances that warrented
not filming at Belmont Park, but it hurts the bottom line of a real inspirational movie IMO.

It's not a C-SPAN documentary. It is a motion picture made by commercial cinema. Sometimes you have to make it more than real to sell it to the masses.. ps, the belmont race gates can be made to look lot nicer. It always looks nicer at Churchill Downs. Why do the Belmont gates look pretty ordinary from the side or head on view? What I mean, it could be made to look more 'regal'...