PDA

View Full Version : Breeders Cup info is overwhelming

JustRalph
11-03-2011, 01:59 PM
Anybody else feel overwhelmed by the sheer volume of data available ?

It's amazing..........

elhelmete
11-03-2011, 02:12 PM
Somewhat overwhelmed.

I know the the major outlets for info wanted to be first out with their guides and analyses and breakdowns, but I wish they had waited until final draws were done.

GaryG
11-03-2011, 02:25 PM
I think the key is to use what you always use and just handicap the races. Only thing different I did was watch the videos of the Euros that I was interested in. I kept hoping we would have another BC contest here at PA. Guess if I wasn't so lazy I would offer to run it. Good luck Ralph.

JimG
11-03-2011, 03:13 PM
I think the key is to use what you always use and just handicap the races. Only thing different I did was watch the videos of the Euros that I was interested in. I kept hoping we would have another BC contest here at PA. Guess if I wasn't so lazy I would offer to run it. Good luck Ralph.

I could not have said that any better Gary. I treat it like any other day betting the races.

Jim

Cholly
11-03-2011, 04:35 PM

It's amazing..........

You'e got a deck of cards, don't you? What's so overwhelming about "shuffle twice, cut once?"

bob60566
11-03-2011, 06:04 PM

It's amazing..........

My thoughts toss the handicapping wager small and enjoy.

Mac:)

Overlay
11-03-2011, 06:44 PM

It's amazing..........
I'll take too much over not enough any day. :)

rrpic6
11-03-2011, 10:10 PM
I seem to use various workout reports more on the big days than normal. Sometimes they are right on..examples: DaHoss BC Mile 1998, Ghostzapper BC Classic 2004, Invasor BC Classic 2006, Street Sense KY Derby 2007. Keying these horses have been profitable in exotics, especially if you have the cash to spread far and wide, vertical and horizontal.

The star of the workouts this year seems to be Royal Delta in the BC Ladies Classic. Hence my bets will surround her on Friday.

RR

Ocala Mike
11-03-2011, 10:27 PM
What Gary G and others on here have said. Treat the BC card like any other race card. I've always lived by the adage, "study long, study wrong" anyway. I'd rather try to come up with a couple of longshots with "angles" than wade through hours of data and opinions to come up with the 6/5 favorite.

Ocala Mike

Tom
11-04-2011, 09:54 AM
Ralph, this is CHURCHILL.......just remember two words:

Mark Casse!

;)

Fingal
11-04-2011, 10:57 AM

It's amazing..........

When you try to quantify everything, you quantify nothing.

It's called paralysis by analysis.

GaryG
11-04-2011, 11:01 AM
I'd rather try to come up with a couple of longshots with "angles" than wade through hours of data and opinions to come up with the 6/5 favorite.

Ocala MikeAnd the more that you wade the more conflicting data you find. Longshots can never pass all of the tests or they would not be longshots. Especially if you look at the "experts" picks. This one likes him, this one doesn't....she loves me, she loves me not. This is the only time of the year that you can get good to long odds on top class horses. No time to eat chalk.

ezpace
11-04-2011, 11:13 AM
RIGHT AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!! AND USE WHAT YOU ALWAYS USE

NO WEEKEND TO TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT IMO icbw

iceknight
11-04-2011, 11:43 AM

It's amazing..........

You still go by three things: times at distance, drive, jockey. (oh and look for overlay odds obviously!)

DigitalDownsJoe
11-04-2011, 01:43 PM
This is an opportunity to get some prices. Especially with an off track. I think we are going to see some bombs all weekend. Its a good time to try and capitalize on it. I look for horses that are well bred for muddy tracks. Especially if they dont have much or any starts in the mud. Maybe a slight advanntage to horses with early speed as well...

DigitalDownsJoe
11-04-2011, 01:54 PM
I bet the 9 in the first race because of this reason..Breeding indicates he will probably go well in the mud..