PDA

View Full Version : Gapfire Breeders' Cup Special

Gapfire
11-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Our Quickgap Figures are now available for the Breeders' Cup.

If anyone signs up between now and the Breeders Cup, we will double the length of the Membership.

We provide figs, and more, for all North American tracks.

http://www.gapfire.com/signup.php

Thanks,

Kevin

llegend39
11-03-2011, 06:35 AM
So if I buy a one day pass on Friday, I get Saturday as well or does it have to be a monthly or yearly membership? Thanks

Gapfire
11-03-2011, 10:42 AM
So if I buy a one day pass on Friday, I get Saturday as well or does it have to be a monthly or yearly membership? Thanks

Yes, even If you were to buy a day pass today(Thurs.), I would keep it live until Monday morning.

llegend39
11-03-2011, 05:27 PM
Yes, even If you were to buy a day pass today(Thurs.), I would keep it live until Monday morning.

Ok thnx so much!

Gapfire
11-07-2011, 07:24 AM
We had a pretty good Breeders' Cup. Our hit rate wasn't quite as high as normal, but when we did the prices were large. (i.e. the Classic Exacta)

Thanks to those that signed up for the special. If anyone else wants to try our service, I will keep this offer open for another week.

Kevin

LottaKash
11-07-2011, 10:39 AM
We had a pretty good Breeders' Cup. Our hit rate wasn't quite as high as normal, but when we did the prices were large. (i.e. the Classic Exacta)

Thanks to those that signed up for the special. If anyone else wants to try our service, I will keep this offer open for another week.

Kevin

Let's see what was possible....I dare you....

best,

cj
11-07-2011, 10:43 AM
Let's see what was possible....I dare you....

best,

"Wednesday Race T.B.A."
So Saturday at the Breeders' Cup I said:
For exacta play I'm looking at boxing 2-5-8-13 and 2-5-8-13/All."
Well it was thrilling while it lasted. #8 Game On Dude (14-1)
was nipped a couple of strides before the wire by #3 Drosselmeyer (14-1).
The 3/8 exacta paid $442 and change.
(Actually I got that exacta. As the race was 11/4 miles,
I decided to look at it from an experimental set of figures that I'd noticed
had some value in races over a mile and an eighth. But my use of them
is so limited, I didn't feel comfortable recommending them here
as they have nothing to do with Pace or Speed. Besides, I had to
box 6 horses to get it in addition to the exacta I recommended above.
By the way, those Breeders' Cup races are so tough that I pushed
the "All" button on several races over the two days. I'm starting to
think I'll do the same thing at next year's B.C. as it's a shame to have
a high odds winner and not get the exacta.)
I'll post a play for Wednesday by 1 pm EDT. Best luck at the ponies.

Gapfire
11-07-2011, 04:52 PM
Why are you posting my father's free play CJ?

Our Quickgaps for the Classic had the exacta. My father does not always use the Quickgaps for the free play, and he posted that before the Quickgaps even came out. What was your intent with that post?

Kevin

HandyKapper
11-07-2011, 04:58 PM
It is posted on your Gapfire site. I would have thought the same thing.

Gapfire
11-07-2011, 05:00 PM

My father has written a book on handicapping, and is not married to our Quickgap figures. Our figs had the exacta. He did not use them, and posted the free play before the Quickgaps came out.

Kevin

cj
11-07-2011, 05:00 PM

Exactly, thanks. If you are going to post you "had the Classic exacta", then I go look and all that is posted is a losing selection and a redboard, I'm going to call bullshit.

Gapfire
11-07-2011, 05:03 PM
Exactly, thanks. If you are going to post you "had the Classic exacta", then I go look and all that is posted is a losing selection and a redboard, I'm going to call bullshit.

As I explained, the Quickgaps are not the same as the free play. Our numbers are archived, and we have members that will verify.

Also, please don't swear in our threads.

Kevin

cj
11-07-2011, 05:12 PM
As I explained, the Quickgaps are not the same as the free play. Our numbers are archived, and we have members that will verify.

Also, please don't swear in our threads.

Kevin

I know the Terms of Service here, and bullshit is fine.

Why not just post your numbers, the races are over?

Gapfire
11-07-2011, 05:13 PM

Why not just post your numbers, the races are over?

Ya, but I don't like it, and I know of many people who don't like that word either. Show some class.

Kevin

cj
11-07-2011, 05:15 PM
Ya, but I don't like it, and I know of many people who don't like that word either. Show some class.

Kevin

Wow...you ever been to a track? After 23 years in the military and a lifetime at the track, if bullshit is the worst word I ever use I'll be doing ok.

Why not just post the numbers, the races are over?

Gapfire
11-07-2011, 05:17 PM
Wow...you ever been to a track? After 23 years in the military and a lifetime at the track, if bullshit is the worst word I ever use I'll be doing ok.

Why not just post the numbers, the races are over?

Fine. Use it in your own threads. I don't like it, and it doesn't matter how many times I see or hear the word.

Thanks,

Kevin

cj
11-07-2011, 05:17 PM
Fine. Use it in your own threads. I don't like it, and it doesn't matter how many times I see or hear the word.

Thanks,

Kevin

Only one person owns threads here, and it isn't you and it isn't me.

Gapfire
11-07-2011, 05:22 PM
I didn't say I owned the thread. I asked you politely to not use that word in this thread. It shouldn't be a problem for you.

Kevin

cj
11-07-2011, 05:24 PM
I didn't say I owned the thread. I asked you politely to not use that word in this thread. It shouldn't be a problem for you.

Kevin

Sorry, hard to keep up with your barrage of meltdown PM messages, where you call it "my thread", and your posts here. I'll do better.

speed
11-07-2011, 05:31 PM
Since this is horse racing would horse shit have been okay?
CJ, a time out for you my good man is called for. Next time straight to bed without dinner though.
Thanks for the LMAO moment. After the beating i was thrown by a young Nun this afternoon at my local OTB for yelling that DQ was bullshit today, i needed it. :)

Gapfire
11-07-2011, 06:43 PM
Since this is horse racing would horse shit have been okay?
CJ, a time out for you my good man is called for. Next time straight to bed without dinner though.
Thanks for the LMAO moment. After the beating i was thrown by a young Nun this afternoon at my local OTB for yelling that DQ was bullshit today, i needed it. :)

Class act :ThmbUp:

Gapfire
11-07-2011, 07:32 PM
Since CJ is so quick to say that I'm not telling the truth, perhaps we could have a future challenge to compare numbers. I'm not saying one is better than the other, but I'm pretty sure we could compete with him. I'd even let him choose the track, and date, or dates.

Kevin

The Hawk
11-07-2011, 07:45 PM
How about you both post your pre-BC figures?

Pace Cap'n
11-07-2011, 07:49 PM

And plentiful.

jacklantern
11-07-2011, 09:12 PM
Craig's are up on his site...as well as his astute analysis.

LottaKash
11-07-2011, 09:12 PM
How about you both post your pre-BC figures?

I would love to see them....very..:jump:

I am always interested in the ones that have the goods, and I think I know who they are.....Let's see...

best,

dansan
11-07-2011, 09:25 PM
I'll show you mine if you show me yours LOL

Gapfire
11-07-2011, 10:38 PM
I'll show you mine if you show me yours LOL

The usual suspects are appearing in this thread. Dansan, why did you not take me up on the free offer I gave you to see our figures?

duncan04
11-07-2011, 10:39 PM
Always love the people selling stuff claim big profits and then dont show the proof! Like they say a sucker is born every minute. :rolleyes:

Gapfire
11-07-2011, 10:40 PM
Always love the people selling stuff claim big profits and then dont show the proof! Like they say a sucker is born every minute. :rolleyes:

My friend,

I have the proof, and have several members here on this forum who can vouch for this. The piling on effect is noted.

Kevin

PaceAdvantage
11-07-2011, 10:52 PM
My friend,

I have the proof, and have several members here on this forum who can vouch for this. The piling on effect is noted.

KevinPiling on effect? That's what happens when you take advantage (or take the risk) of my expanded posting privileges for authorized advertisers.

You don't HAVE to post on the board...but if you do, you have to expect comments on what you post.

I have never been in the business of protecting authorized advertisers from negative opinions or comments of fact (check out any of the number of Dave Schwartz interactions with Patrick as proof), as long as such comments of fact are not false.

Considering that what cj posted here is accurate (you claimed to have hit the BC exacta, but the BC exacta analysis that was posted on the free play page on your website shows that you did not), I see no reason to edit this thread or remove cj's comments.

Now, you very may well have hit the exacta in some private area of your board where only members can see that analysis, and NOBODY is disputing that claim...but it's still kind of shady, don't you think? Posting a freebie loser and then claiming that paid members were provided a winning analysis on that very same race...if you were a perspective customer of yours, and you relied on that freebie analysis for the BC exacta and saw your money go down the drain, only to read the next day that the winning analysis was on the pay-side, you'd feel pretty crappy, now wouldn't you?

Gapfire
11-07-2011, 10:53 PM
Craig's are up on his site...as well as his astute analysis.

I have no doubt that he is capable of an astute analysis. Our numbers are as good as his, if not better. I'd be interested to see how they compare. The only way to do this would to post the figs publicly for a large enough series of races.

I saw a thread awhile back between TLG, and CMOORE. Something along those lines. I'd be willing to do this.

Kevin

Gapfire
11-07-2011, 10:56 PM
I don't expect any protection. However, you don't need to go out of your way to look like we're being shady. Come on now. I've told the truth here. I can post all of my BC numbers if you like.

I've also issued a challenge to CJ. Put up or shut up.

Kevin

Piling on effect? That's what happens when you take advantage (or take the risk) of my expanded posting privileges for authorized advertisers.

You don't HAVE to post on the board...but if you do, you have to expect comments on what you post.

I have never been in the business of protecting authorized advertisers from negative opinions or comments of fact (check out any of the number of Dave Schwartz interactions with Patrick as proof), as long as such comments of fact are not false.

Considering that what cj posted here is accurate (you claimed to have hit the BC exacta, but the BC exacta analysis that was posted on the free play page on your website shows that you did not), I see no reason to edit this thread or remove cj's comments.

Now, you very may well have hit the exacta in some private area of your board where only members can see that analysis, and NOBODY is disputing that claim...but it's still kind of shady, don't you think? Posting a freebie loser and then claiming that paid members were provided a winning analysis on that very same race...if you were a perspective customer of yours, and you relied on that freebie analysis for the BC exacta and saw your money go down the drain, only to read the next day that the winning analysis was on the pay-side, you'd feel pretty crappy, now wouldn't you?

PaceAdvantage
11-07-2011, 10:58 PM
I don't expect any protection. However, you don't need to go out of your way to look like we're being shady. Come on now. I've told the truth here. I can post all of my BC number if you like.

I've also issued a challenge to CJ. Put up or shut up.

KevinI didn't go out of my way to do anything. I didn't appreciate the implications of the "piling on" comment, as if you're deliberately being treated unfairly somehow.

I'm sure when cj reads this, he'll be happy to engage, and I'm sure we'll all be very interested in seeing the results.

cj
11-07-2011, 11:00 PM
Since CJ is so quick to say that I'm not telling the truth, perhaps we could have a future challenge to compare numbers. I'm not saying one is better than the other, but I'm pretty sure we could compete with him. I'd even let him choose the track, and date, or dates.

Kevin

First, I never said you weren't telling the truth. I just wouldn't do what you did, post one thing then say we had the exacta. Something tells me that won't have those that were considering your numbers and looking at your free selections coming back to buy. But hey, I could be wrong. It won't be the first time.

We can compare numbers any time. I've never once knocked your numbers. How could I? I've never seen them. Someone else knocked some of your claims and you blew up on me because I wouldn't delete his posts, then I knocked your claim today a few months later. As for my numbers, the BC numbers are up and have been since before the races. So was my analysis. I also was in the War Room all day Saturday with at least 30 or more from here.

PaceAdvantage
11-07-2011, 11:03 PM
I'd be happy to set up a special forum just for this little contest...let you guys hash out the ground rules and whatnot...

cj
11-07-2011, 11:10 PM
I'd be happy to set up a special forum just for this little contest...let you guys hash out the ground rules and whatnot...

That is fine, but it will have to wait until January. As has been posted on my site for months leading up to the Breeders Cup, I'm in the middle of a huge project and news will be coming pretty soon about it. There are tons and tons of Race of the Weeks, BCs, and Kentucky Derbies that were all posted well ahead of time. I don't have time to devote right now to appease a guy that can't take a little criticism. Hell, I'm not even actively soliciting subscribers and haven't for a long time.

Why do you think that is, Kevin?

Gapfire
11-07-2011, 11:29 PM
That is fine, but it will have to wait until January. As has been posted on my site for months leading up to the Breeders Cup, I'm in the middle of a huge project and news will be coming pretty soon about it. There are tons and tons of Race of the Weeks, BCs, and Kentucky Derbies that were all posted well ahead of time. I don't have time to devote right now to appease a guy that can't take a little criticism. Hell, I'm not even actively soliciting subscribers and haven't for a long time.

Why do you think that is, Kevin?

Interesting. Why do you think it is that I am so confident that our numbers will hold up to, or do better than yours?

PaceAdvantage
11-07-2011, 11:30 PM
Interesting. Why do you think it is that I am so confident that our numbers will hold up to, or do better than yours?Let's say your numbers are better.

Does that change anything that happened in this thread?

Nope. It doesn't.

thaskalos
11-07-2011, 11:32 PM
Interesting. Why do you think it is that I am so confident that our numbers will hold up to, or do better than yours?
Are you implying that you have already compared your numbers with CJ's, and you have convinced yourself of your numbers' superiority?

cj
11-07-2011, 11:35 PM

You answered a question with a question. Lot of that going on lately.

Here is the deal...if in dirt races for winners you bet the top horse as identified by an underline (there are a few simple rules to get the underline), you will lose about 6.5 cents on the dollar. If you restrict it to those that have raced in 30 days or less, it lowers to losing about 3.5 cents on the dollar. It has held up for a decade. If you can beat that, great. Maybe I'll sign up.

Now, again, why do you think I don't seek out any new customers? Also, if yours are better, why are you pretty much unknown? Why is nobody here exclaiming the virtues of your work?

Gapfire
11-07-2011, 11:38 PM
Are you implying that you have already compared your numbers with CJ's, and you have convinced yourself of your numbers' superiority?

Because his figs are based on algorithms which will not hold up, over time, to ours.

Gapfire
11-07-2011, 11:42 PM
CJ started this by posting my father's free play, which sometimes coincides with our Quickgaps. Why would he do this? Sometimes my father adheres to our figs, sometimes he doesn't. We don't advise our members to bet our numbers without handiapping.

Kevin

Let's say your numbers are better.

Does that change anything that happened in this thread?

Nope. It doesn't.

cj
11-07-2011, 11:43 PM
CJ started this by posting my father's free play, which sometimes coincides with our Quickgaps. Why would he do this? Sometimes he uses our figs, sometime he doesn't. We don't advise our members to bet our numbers without handiapping.

Kevin

http://images.billoreilly.com/imagesproc/27169_H_SW350.jpg

Gapfire
11-07-2011, 11:46 PM
As I said, I have told the truth here. CJ, whether or not, he wants to admit it, has challenged me. I, in kind, have responded with a challenge of my own.

Kevin

PaceAdvantage
11-07-2011, 11:46 PM
CJ started this by posting my father's free play, which sometimes coincides with our Quickgaps. Why would he do this?Very simple. He did it because you claimed to hit the exacta (you never detailed anything about "QuickGaps" in your original reply). He was curious, ventured over to your site and saw the analysis posted for the BC Exacta, and saw that THAT analysis did NOT hit the exacta.

This is all very simple stuff.

Here was what you wrote:

We had a pretty good Breeders' Cup. Our hit rate wasn't quite as high as normal, but when we did the prices were large. (i.e. the Classic Exacta)There was nothing in your comment that told the uninitiated that there was a difference between what is posted for free on your site, and what one might find behind the scenes.

cj
11-07-2011, 11:47 PM
Notice he keeps ducking the questions.

duncan04
11-07-2011, 11:56 PM
My friend,

Kevin

Boo Hoo! I've heard that before as well. What's wrong with showing everyone after the fact?

Gapfire
11-07-2011, 11:56 PM
Fair enough criticism. I should have told the uninitiated that my father does not always pick the same numbers that the Quickgaps do.

Bottom line: Our Quickgaps had the exacta in the Classic. They also identified a triple digit winner.

Kevin

Very simple. He did it because you claimed to hit the exacta (you never detailed anything about "QuickGaps" in your original reply). He was curious, ventured over to your site and saw the analysis posted for the BC Exacta, and saw that THAT analysis did NOT hit the exacta.

This is all very simple stuff.

Here was what you wrote:

There was nothing in your comment that told the uninitiated that there was a difference between what is posted for free on your site, and what one might find behind the scenes.

Gapfire
11-07-2011, 11:58 PM
Boo Hoo! I've heard that before as well. What's wrong with showing everyone after the fact?

What's wrong with showing everyone before the fact?

As per a challenge with CJ.

Kevin

bob60566
11-08-2011, 12:51 AM
I love this debate and have A solution to end it.

We have A thread on this site called Selectons.

There are many members who post selections every day seven days week.

Advertisers versus Advertisers is A no win position.

But here we have the Gaunlet put down, put up or shut up.

Let me see both of you take up the challenge at Mountineer On Friday evening Nov -11 till tuesday Nov-15 of the next week all races three selections only.
I would like to see the moderator open this thread on friday Nov-11 for both of these contestants to post there selections.

Mac:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Gapfire
11-08-2011, 01:01 AM
I'm up for this Mac.

I love this debate and have A solution to end it.

We have A thread on this site called Selectons.

There are many members who post selections every day seven days week.

Advertisers versus Advertisers is A no win position.

But here we have the Gaunlet put down, put up or shut up.

Let me see both of you take up the challenge at Mountineer On Friday evening Nov -11 till tuesday Nov-15 of the next week all races three selections only.
I would like to see the moderator open this thread on friday Nov-11 for both of these contestants to post there selections.

Mac:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

HoofedInTheChest
11-08-2011, 04:58 AM
Why not just post your selections for the BC Classic and be done with this silly argument. And why has none of your members stepped up and said "yes he had the exacta". You said you won the exacta, i want to see proof.
When CJ questioned your claim, you became all hot and bothered and challenged him to a contest, well that still doesn't answer the question and is very childish in my opinion.

Canarsie
11-08-2011, 06:11 AM
Ok here's my two cents.

1. If your father has administrative rights to your website then you are 100% responsible for his posts.

2. You still haven't posted your numbers nor has a single person stepped up to the plate saying you had the exacta.

3. I never see CJ post anything specific about his numbers wish he would once in a while. I pay attention when his dad puts up horses and look at the form. Once again I said HIS DAD, not CJ. Since CJ'sdad is not posting under CJ's account I know the selections are his.

4. Handi is having a contest right now I'm pretty sure no one would object if he put you in the 50% percentile and you participated. It might be a good way to pick up customers if you do well. At least to me you have nothing to lose please don't say people will jump on your bandwagon for that days card.

5. There is one owner of this board and he sets the rules. This has been going on since there were just plain old BBS's before the net who are you to dictate?

6. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes is that the last race you hit? Many sites let you look up their selections after the card is finished why can't you do the same?

Gapfire
11-08-2011, 08:52 AM
Ok here's my two cents.

1. If your father has administrative rights to your website then you are 100% responsible for his posts.

2. You still haven't posted your numbers nor has a single person stepped up to the plate saying you had the exacta.

3. I never see CJ post anything specific about his numbers wish he would once in a while. I pay attention when his dad puts up horses and look at the form. Once again I said HIS DAD, not CJ. Since CJ'sdad is not posting under CJ's account I know the selections are his.

4. Handi is having a contest right now I'm pretty sure no one would object if he put you in the 50% percentile and you participated. It might be a good way to pick up customers if you do well. At least to me you have nothing to lose please don't say people will jump on your bandwagon for that days card.

5. There is one owner of this board and he sets the rules. This has been going on since there were just plain old BBS's before the net who are you to dictate?

6. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes is that the last race you hit? Many sites let you look up their selections after the card is finished why can't you do the same?

Another one.

Our Quickgaps had the exacta in the Classic. They also had other hits throughout the 2 day period. All of my numbers are archived as soon as I download the results files. I usually do this once a week. I will do that today, and present our Quickgap numbers as they appeared before the races.

When I do, however, I know someone will come along and say that it is redboarding.

Why did you put your 2 cents in, when you know nothing about our service?
My father makes his free play sometimes independently of our Quickgap figures. He has written a book on handicapping, and it is not all about figures.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut. We've been on the web since 2004, and have heard a total of 2 complaints about our numbers in that entire time.

I don't know why members aren't coming forward to say they saw it. Perhaps they can see what happens to people who disagree with certain parties here.

Look at the tone of all you people's posts. You don't know one way or another yet you jump in with negative remarks. Enough is enough!

Handi is having a contest. That's great. I may enter. Also, I sponsored one of Jay's Parlay Challenges, and competed in the P.A.I.H.L. contest where we finished in the finals.

All the best,

Kevin

Gapfire
11-08-2011, 09:03 AM
Why not just post your selections for the BC Classic and be done with this silly argument. And why has none of your members stepped up and said "yes he had the exacta". You said you won the exacta, i want to see proof.
When CJ questioned your claim, you became all hot and bothered and challenged him to a contest, well that still doesn't answer the question and is very childish in my opinion.

I will post the selections. CJ said I wasn't telling the truth. I find that somewhat childish. He is a direct competitor, so it's quite obvious why he posted what he did. If he doesn't want to do a challenge that's fine. Short term challenges don't prove anything anyway. I know his numbers are good, but I believe are's are just as good.

Thank you,

Kevin

Gapfire
11-08-2011, 09:08 AM
Oops. Ended up with a double post. Sorry about that.

Gapfire
11-08-2011, 09:28 AM
I know his numbers are good, but I believe are's are just as good.

Thank you,

Kevin

Before someone jumps all over this.

This should have read " I believe ours are just as good."

Sorry about that.

cj
11-08-2011, 09:32 AM
I will post the selections. CJ said I wasn't telling the truth. I find that somewhat childish. He is a direct competitor, so it's quite obvious why he posted what he did. If he doesn't want to do a challenge that's fine. Short term challenges don't prove anything anyway. I know his numbers are good, but I believe are's are just as good.

Thank you,

Kevin

Where did I say you weren't telling the truth? Oh, I didn't.

As I've mentioned many times, I've haven't sought new customers for years? Why is that? I know you won't answer, again, but I'll leave it out there. I've never questioned your numbers. I've never seen them. It seems that not many others have either.

It has been explained many times here why you were called out. It was poor form. Posting you hit an exacta after posting the same race for free with a losing bet is weak. It was then, it is now, and it always will be.

Posting numbers after the fact doesn't prove anything. Put a few up before the races. I've been doing that for a decade. I don't see a single example, past or present, on your site. I've laid out how my numbers have performed for a decade. They don't blindly show a profit, but I'll put the results up against anyone. You don't see Beyer, or Thorograph, or The Sheets, or BRIS, or anyone else doing that. I wonder why.

Gapfire
11-08-2011, 09:36 AM
Where did I say you weren't telling the truth? Oh, I didn't.

I'm going to call bullshit.

What did you mean by this then?

Gapfire
11-08-2011, 09:37 AM
It has been explained many times here why you were called out. It was poor form. Posting you hit an exacta after posting the same race for free with a losing bet is weak. It was then, it is now, and it always will be.

Our Quickgaps had the exacta, my father did not. Not poor form, just fact.

Gapfire
11-08-2011, 09:39 AM
Posting numbers after the fact doesn't prove anything. Put a few up before the races. I've been doing that for a decade. I don't see a single example, past or present, on your site. I've laid out how my numbers have performed for a decade. They don't blindly show a profit, but I'll put the results up against anyone. You don't see Beyer, or Thorograph, or The Sheets, or BRIS, or anyone else doing that. I wonder why.

I post a sample race each day for each track. It can be found on google, by doing a search of the track's name, and then picks. For example "Mountaineer Picks". It is a limited version, which I have posted here several times.

cj
11-08-2011, 09:44 AM
What did you mean by this then?

Just as I said above, that it was weak.

Why do I have to do a Google search to find your numbers. Why are they not just on your site? Rather than argue with me all the time, you should consider how I do things. Put your product out there and let people see it. They will decide if it is worth using after seeing it, not by reading posts on a message board.

HoofedInTheChest
11-08-2011, 10:36 AM
Let's put your numbers to the test, Gapfire posted his selections for Mountaineer tonight, by the way you have the wrong date on your selection.

Mountaineer Race 5 - Nov 8/11

Gapfire's Selections - :2: :10: :1: :9:

Hoof's Pick - :7:

Gapfire
11-08-2011, 10:41 AM
Let's put your numbers to the test, Gapfire posted his selections for Mountaineer tonight, by the way you have the wrong date on your selection.

Mountaineer Race 5 - Nov 8/11

Gapfire's Selections - :2: :10: :1: :9:

Today is Nov. 8th isn't it? That's what the sample page says on my screen.

Kevin

Gapfire
11-08-2011, 10:44 AM

Has a chance. Should show up early in this race.

Good luck.

Canarsie
11-08-2011, 10:52 AM
Another one.

Our Quickgaps had the exacta in the Classic. They also had other hits throughout the 2 day period. All of my numbers are archived as soon as I download the results files. I usually do this once a week. I will do that today, and present our Quickgap numbers as they appeared before the races.

When I do, however, I know someone will come along and say that it is redboarding.

Why did you put your 2 cents in, when you know nothing about our service?
My father makes his free play sometimes independently of our Quickgap figures. He has written a book on handicapping, and it is not all about figures.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut. We've been on the web since 2004, and have heard a total of 2 complaints about our numbers in that entire time.

I don't know why members aren't coming forward to say they saw it. Perhaps they can see what happens to people who disagree with certain parties here.

Look at the tone of all you people's posts. You don't know one way or another yet you jump in with negative remarks. Enough is enough!

Handi is having a contest. That's great. I may enter. Also, I sponsored one of Jay's Parlay Challenges, and competed in the P.A.I.H.L. contest where we finished in the finals.

All the best,

Kevin

First of all 'MAY" is weak. Are you going to enter today or not? It's a singular question a person with your ROI shouldn't have a probelem taking it down.

Didn't you have a previous problem saying the numbers were free then asking for a bunch of private info?

Who's to say your father didn't post the alleged winning exacta? If he has rights on the site he can do whatever he darn pleases.

I only used the squirrel analogy because you posted after the race about the winning exacta. I'm not knocking your product at all but certainly your "salesmanship" leaves plenty to be desired.

Where's the negative tone? Everyone is basically saying the same thing which is "show the proof". You would do the same if another advertiser made such a claim. If you say anything different I would call that "perjury".

Look at all the free advertising you're getting now. What that your objective from the beginning?

I've been on the web since it was unix. What the hell does that mean? Just like you say none of your customers are stepping up because they are scared maybe you only had one or two in 2004? Like the exacta how can you prove it?

I disagree with people here all the time. Never would I take it personal most on here probably don't even know my name. However I always sign my PM's with my name at the end many can attest to that. In fact a person who I argued with LOUDLY has become what I call a good "friend" might go meet him next year.

I'm going to write a book about growing up in Carnarsie over 35 years ago. Does that make me credible even if it's a runaway best seller?

Last time I looked this is the greatest country in the world where many have died defending the right of you to state "I had the exacta". That same right is accorded to me saying "where's the beef'?

Gapfire
11-08-2011, 10:55 AM
You have me confused with someone else!

Didn't you have a previous problem saying the numbers were free then asking for a bunch of private info?

HoofedInTheChest
11-08-2011, 10:57 AM
The page i'm looking at reads - 20111109

http://www.gapfire.com/horseracing/horseracing.php?tracker=Mountaineer&keywords=picks&track=mnr&ads=Start+Winning+Today

I see you edited the date :rolleyes:

Gapfire
11-08-2011, 10:57 AM
Look at all the free advertising you're getting now. What that your objective from the beginning?

Do you think I'm being allowed to post about our site for free?
I am a paid advertiser here.

Gapfire
11-08-2011, 10:59 AM
The page i'm looking at reads - 20111109

http://www.gapfire.com/horseracing/horseracing.php?tracker=Mountaineer&keywords=picks&track=mnr&ads=Start+Winning+Today

I was just about to post the link. It really does say Nov. 8th though.

Kevin

Gapfire
11-08-2011, 11:02 AM
You're right. Everyone is saying the same thing. Doesn't make it right. So, if it's been said, why do you continue saying the same stuff?

Where's the negative tone? Everyone is basically saying the same thing which is "show the proof". You would do the same if another advertiser made such a claim. If you say anything different I would call that "perjury".

Gapfire
11-08-2011, 11:04 AM
I'm going to write a book about growing up in Carnarsie over 35 years ago. Does that make me credible even if it's a runaway best seller?

You're really off base here. I told the truth in this thread. Nothing more, nothing less. My father and I are separate entities. He has been posting his free play on the web since 2004. He doesn't always use our figures to do so.

cj
11-08-2011, 12:09 PM
Do you want this thread closed?

Gapfire
11-08-2011, 12:14 PM
Do you want this thread closed?

No, but I would like the comments made by HoofedIn the Chest removed.

He is not telling the truth.

Gapfire
11-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Thank you CJ.

Canarsie
11-08-2011, 12:31 PM
You have me confused with someone else!

You are 100% right about this my apologies for misstating something that isn't factual.

Gapfire
11-08-2011, 12:32 PM
My father has requested that I post his comment's from today's free play page:

Potpourri 3120 "Blame Me!"
In the Free Play area, my pick didn't work on Saturday.
I feel bad about that as I pushed the "All" button in the Free Play.
"Ouch!" I lost money on that play too. (I bet every play I post here.)
However, I also made another play using an "experimental idea" that did work.
That idea has captured the last two Breeders' Cup Classic Exactas.
God willing my pick for the 2012 Breeders Cup Classic will be based on
that idea and will be posted here. So will the Quickgaps Pick.
Of course some malevolent wag on a horse racing message board
accused me of "red boarding". That would be
saying I had a winning ticket after the race when I didn't.
Well the fact is he's up a gum tree on that idea.
Marianne, my wife, who normally never watches the races, happened
to be with me in Red Deer, Alberta where we watched the race at
a Sports Bar and where I cashed the ticket.
...And "Yes!" I gave her part of the winnings.
Unfortunately, when I posted my Free Play Race 11 was missing from
the Churchill Downs page. Kevin had a Special Breeders' Cup Page
on our site. The Quickgaps had the 3/2 exacta.
My apologies to anyone who didn't play them and opted for my Free Play instead.
(Regular visitors to this site know that sometimes my plays deviate from
the Quickgaps. That's why I wrote "Logical Longshots."
Having a good set of Pace and Speed figures is an important starting point.
Knowing when they will work and when they won't is important too.)

Gapfire
11-08-2011, 12:34 PM
You are 100% right about this my apologies for misstating something that isn't factual.

Thank you for admitting that.

The Hawk
11-08-2011, 12:38 PM
The usual suspects are appearing in this thread. Dansan, why did you not take me up on the free offer I gave you to see our figures?

I hope you weren't referring to me. I suggested you both post your pre-BC numbers because I am genuinely curious how they stack up vs. each other, not because I assume CJ's numbers are better (I have no idea).

Also, to be fair, analyzing a "Play of the Day" or two or 10 from Gapfire doesn't prove anything, one way or the other. Opinions from his long-term subscribers are what really matter, and the same goes for others who produce numbers, like CJ.

Canarsie
11-08-2011, 12:43 PM
Do you think I'm being allowed to post about our site for free?
I am a paid advertiser here.

I respect that you are an advertiser and keep this board going.

Like I stated people want to know "where's the beef"?

Once they are posted this thread will die. But by keeping it alive it's gravy on top for you. CJ offered you an option to close it and you declined. This is what I meant by free advertising and I think your smart enough to know that.

The exacta race or races could have been put on a new thread. Maybe that is a good idea and you should reconsider.

Gapfire
11-08-2011, 12:43 PM
I hope you weren't referring to me. I suggested you both post your pre-BC numbers because I am genuinely curious how they stack up vs. each other, not because I assume CJ's numbers are better (I have no idea).

Also, to be fair, analyzing a "Play of the Day" or two or 10 from Gapfire doesn't prove anything, one way or the other. Opinions from his long-term subscribers are what really matter, and the same goes for others who produce numbers, like CJ.

No, I wasn't referring to you. I was talking about two Gentlemen who criticized our service in another thread. They did so without knowing anything about us.
I PM'd them, and offered them a chance to look at our stuff for free, just so they could know what they were talking about.

You are right, short term stuff proves nothing.

Kevin

Gapfire
11-08-2011, 12:45 PM
I respect that you are an advertiser and keep this board going.

Like I stated people want to know "where's the beef"?

Once they are posted this thread will die. But by keeping it alive it's gravy on top for you. CJ offered you an option to close it and you declined. This is what I meant by free advertising and I think your smart enough to know that.

The exacta race or races could have been put on a new thread. Maybe that is a good idea and you should reconsider.

CJ offered to close the thread because another poster was lying. He removed the comments, and I am thankful for that.

HoofedInTheChest
11-08-2011, 12:49 PM
After digging up my old emails i realized that i have made a mistake and mistook you for Formscore, i take back what i have said and my apologies go out to Gapfire, that was out of line.

Sorry about that.

Gapfire
11-08-2011, 01:01 PM
After digging up my old emails i realized that i have made a mistake and mistook you for Formscore, i take back what i have said and my apologies go out to Gapfire, that was out of line.

Sorry about that.

Thank you for admitting that.

cj
11-08-2011, 03:08 PM
CJ offered to close the thread because another poster was lying. He removed the comments, and I am thankful for that.

Making a mistake and lying are two different things.

Gapfire
11-08-2011, 03:18 PM
Making a mistake and lying are two different things.

Yes, and he has apologized. It was not a lie, it was a mistake. It still looked bad for Gapfire for awhile.

headhawg
11-08-2011, 07:45 PM
It still looked bad for Gapfire for awhile.It seems to me that if the objective is to get new subscribers there has to be a better way than the business model that is being shown here. Your numbers could be the best, but if I am evaluating whether or not to purchase them and I see this thread I might be inclined to take a pass based on some of the posts.

Gapfire
11-09-2011, 05:33 AM
You are incined to pass. Why? I've responded to everyone in a polite and truthful manner. We had a couple of people who confused us with another service. You really didn't need to chime in here.

It seems to me that if the objective is to get new subscribers there has to be a better way than the business model that is being shown here. Your numbers could be the best, but if I am evaluating whether or not to purchase them and I see this thread I might be inclined to take a pass based on some of the posts.

Canarsie
11-09-2011, 07:33 AM

Kevin had a Special Breeders' Cup Page on our site. The Quickgaps had the 3/2 exacta.

You're really off base here. I told the truth in this thread. Nothing more, nothing less. My father and I are separate entities. He has been posting his free play on the web since 2004. He doesn't always use our figures to do so.

Another one.

You're right. Everyone is saying the same thing. Doesn't make it right. So, if it's been said, why do you continue saying the same stuff?

For the life of me I must be a real knucklehead extending this thread I promise this will be my last post on this.

Even if your product was head and shoulders above anything else on this planet your business and communication skills are very poor.

What a way to entice new customers with you "scolding" people what words to use or telling them they shouldn't post here. Are you editor in chief of Pravda? This is really sad.

Still not a single sole has stepped up to the plate to back you up. Did you ever think they might be "offended" how you talk to the people on here?

Look what your father wrote it's in black and white. OUR SITE

So your father and you are partners but when something goes wrong your not? Try using that logic in a court of law or public opinion.

You say the attacks are one sided. Did you or did you not in the first sentence to my reply say "another one"? Oh I forgot that you have "immunity" at least in your mind. But when a person says BS you go ballistic. How many curse words did you think your father heard in the sports bar? I think you should DEMAND that he find another "venue" to go to where the language is 100% clean.

Your father might consider writing another book titled 100 common business mistakes. What you have done here will definitely make the book I hope your proud of "yourself".

I'm going to close with this. Most advertisers on here are lauded and given props plenty of times. Look at Dave Schwartz do you see anybody knocking him? I might be wrong but almost all the ADW's here never get heated with their customers. A guy from Keeneland said "contact me anytime" and answered every question asked without being evasive. He even admitted that they can't compete with rebate shops that's being a stand up guy. The only time I can recall a bunch of negative posts is when another sheets guy wanted personal information so you could sample their product for free. That didn't go over to well. I could go on and on but another cup of coffee is more important then extending this reply.

Gapfire
11-09-2011, 09:18 AM
Do you expect me to sit here and take critism from people who know nothing about what they are talking about?

This all started because CJ, who is a moderator, competitor, called B.S. about our Classic figures. Everyone has followed suit, and he knew full well that they would do this.

The figs will be posted today.

Don't post anymore of your reduntant comments please.

Thank you,

Kevin

For the life of me I must be a real knucklehead extending this thread I promise this will be my last post on this.

Even if your product was head and shoulders above anything else on this planet your business and communication skills are very poor.

What a way to entice new customers with you "scolding" people what words to use or telling them they shouldn't post here. Are you editor in chief of Pravda? This is really sad.

Still not a single sole has stepped up to the plate to back you up. Did you ever think they might be "offended" how you talk to the people on here?

Look what your father wrote it's in black and white. OUR SITE

So your father and you are partners but when something goes wrong your not? Try using that logic in a court of law or public opinion.

You say the attacks are one sided. Did you or did you not in the first sentence to my reply say "another one"? Oh I forgot that you have "immunity" at least in your mind. But when a person says BS you go ballistic. How many curse words did you think your father heard in the sports bar? I think you should DEMAND that he find another "venue" to go to where the language is 100% clean.

Your father might consider writing another book titled 100 common business mistakes. What you have done here will definitely make the book I hope your proud of "yourself".

I'm going to close with this. Most advertisers on here are lauded and given props plenty of times. Look at Dave Schwartz do you see anybody knocking him? I might be wrong but almost all the ADW's here never get heated with their customers. A guy from Keeneland said "contact me anytime" and answered every question asked without being evasive. He even admitted that they can't compete with rebate shops that's being a stand up guy. The only time I can recall a bunch of negative posts is when another sheets guy wanted personal information so you could sample their product for free. That didn't go over to well. I could go on and on but another cup of coffee is more important then extending this reply.

Gapfire
11-09-2011, 09:33 AM

You are one angry individual. I've said nothing, or done nothing to get this type of garbage being thrown at me. Do you do this because it makes you feel good about yourself? What is your motive here? You don't use our figures, you keep repeating yourself in a negative fashion. You slandered us earlier, and then had to apologize. I think that should have been enough for you, but it's not.

Tell you what, PM me, and I'll let you look at the service for free. I can't allow you to continue this bad mouthing without knowing a damn thing about what you are talking about.

Thank you,

Kevin

P

cj
11-09-2011, 09:42 AM
"Of course some malevolent wag on a horse racing message board
saying I had a winning ticket after the race when I didn't."

Tell your Dad that isn't redboarding. Redboarding is saying you hit the race after the fact without mentioning it beforehand. It matters not if you bet it.

I'm not sure what mentioning a race beforehand, then saying you have it when what you posted loses, is called. We probably need a new term for that.

For the record, I don't consider you a competitor.

Gapfire
11-09-2011, 09:42 AM
Still not a single sole

You make me feel like a real heel.

You said you were going to write a book, go do it.

Gapfire
11-09-2011, 09:43 AM
I'm not sure why you continue on with this either. What have you got to gain?

"Of course some malevolent wag on a horse racing message board
saying I had a winning ticket after the race when I didn't."

Tell your Dad that isn't redboarding. Redboarding is saying you hit the race after the fact without mentioning it beforehand. It matters not if you bet it.

I'm not sure what mentioning a race beforehand, then saying you have it when what you posted loses, is called. We probably need a new term for that.

For the record, I don't consider you a competitor.

cj
11-09-2011, 09:45 AM
I'm not sure why you continue on with this either. What have you got to gain?

I was just telling you the definintion of a redboard so your Dad knows what it is. He has it wrong.

You posted it here, not me. Am I not allowed to comment on that either?

Gapfire
11-09-2011, 09:46 AM
I was just telling you the definintion of a redboard so your Dad knows what it is. He has it wrong.

What has that got to do with the price of tea in China?

cj
11-09-2011, 09:48 AM
What has that got to do with the price of tea in China?

What is the price of tea in China?

Anything that gets posted in a thread is fair game for a response. I said nothing inappropriate.

Gapfire
11-09-2011, 09:48 AM

Redboarding is what your dad, has sometimes done on this site for you.

Don't deny it either. I've seen it.

cj
11-09-2011, 09:50 AM
Redboarding is what your dad, has sometimes done on this site for you.

Don't deny it either. I've seen it.

I have no idea if he has or hasn't. I don't recall any, but if he has, I'm sure you can find it. He posts 100% on his own and has nothing to do with my site other than being happy I've done well.

Thanks for admitting your dad had it wrong. I have an idea for what he did, how about "waterboarding", because reading it was torturous.

Gapfire
11-09-2011, 09:53 AM
I have no idea if he has or hasn't. I don't recall any, but if he has, I'm sure you can find it. He posts 100% on his own and has nothing to do with my site other than being happy I've done well.

Thanks for admitting your dad had it wrong. I have an idea for what he did, how about "waterboarding", because reading it was torturous.

I didn't admit anything, but glad that you realize that your father has done this on more than one occasion.

cj
11-09-2011, 09:55 AM
I didn't admit anything, but glad that you realize that your father has done this on more than one occasion.

As I said, I don't know if he has or hasn't, why make that up?

Now, if you want to go down that route, we can. You want to go there? See, my Dad posts here and it is obvious who he is. Anyone can read anything he posts and if it is about me, I'm pretty sure they are going to know he is probably biased. I'm sure it is taken with a grain of salt. Can you say the same?

Gapfire
11-09-2011, 10:00 AM
As I said, I don't know if he has or hasn't, why make that up?

You keep saying that I'm not telling the truth. I've been reading this forum for over 10 years. I didn't make anything up. I've seen it. Do I have to go through all of his old posts to show you?

cj
11-09-2011, 10:03 AM
You keep saying that I'm not telling the truth. I've been reading this forum for over 10 years. I didn't make anything up. I've seen it. Do I have to go through all of his old posts to show you?

That isn't what I said. I said, and I quote:

To which you replied:

but glad that you realize that your father has done this on more than one occasion.

Perhaps instead of continuing this, you should get those figures posted you promised two days ago. Still working on them?

You seem to like to call people liars. I won't do that, I'll just say you totally distorted what I said. I clearly said I don't know if he has or not. You are pretty good at changing the subject though, I'll give you that.

Gapfire
11-09-2011, 10:06 AM
If someone says something that isn't true, what does that make them?
You are the one who has accused me of not telling the truth. You can't deny that either.

That isn't what I said. I said, and I quote:

To which you replied:

Perhaps instead of continuing this, you should get those figures posted you promised two days ago. Still working on them?

You seem to like to call people liars. I won't do that, I'll just say you totally distorted what I said. I clearly said I don't know if he has or not. You are pretty good at changing the subject though, I'll give you that.

cj
11-09-2011, 10:11 AM
If someone says something that isn't true, what does that make them?
You are the one who has accused me of not telling the truth. You can't deny that either.

We've been down this road before. "Bullshit" doesn't mean liar. If a guy throws a bad penalty flag in football, lots of people will yell "bullshit". We aren't calling the ref a liar.

Time to let this go. You just can't seem to help yourself. I'm starting to think you are about 12. You've done more damage to yourself here than any competitor ever could. Good luck to you.

Gapfire
11-09-2011, 10:12 AM

If this isn't an antagonistic comment, I don't know what is.

The numbers will be posted today. BTW, my challenge to you still stands.

Gapfire
11-09-2011, 10:13 AM
We've been down this road before. "Bullshit" doesn't mean liar. If a guy throws a bad penalty flag in football, lots of people will yell "bullshit". We aren't calling the ref a liar.

Time to let this go. You just can't seem to help yourself. I'm starting to think you are about 12. You've done more damage to yourself here than any competitor ever could. Good luck to you.

You look like the 12 year old here.

Gapfire
11-09-2011, 10:15 AM
We've been down this road before. "Bullshit" doesn't mean liar.

Really? In the context that you used it, you said I wasn't telling the truth.

HandyKapper
11-09-2011, 10:44 AM

on our site. The Quickgaps had the 3/2 exacta.

If Quickgaps had the 3/2 exacta, in the Classic, as posted here. They are ripping the tickets. The exacta was 3/8. :D :lol:

Greyfox
11-09-2011, 10:49 AM
HandyKapper Can't recognize a typo eh? ;)

on our site. The Quickgaps had the 3/8 exacta.

Gapfire
11-09-2011, 10:50 AM
If Quickgaps had the 3/2 exacta, in the Classic, as posted here. They are ripping the tickets. The exacta was 3/8. :D :lol:

Wow! My father told me that he made that mistake. I wasn't in time to edit it.
Keep jumping on if it makes you feel good.

Gapfire
11-09-2011, 09:50 PM
As promised here is the link to our Breeders' Cup Classic Quickgaps.

http://www.gapfire.com/horseracing/final.php?track=bc2&raceno=11

This is a limited version of our Quickgaps page.

The chart links on the right hand side will not work.

Thank you,

Kevin

bob60566
11-09-2011, 10:01 PM

Thank you,

Kevin

Kevin
I do not play Breeders but do use Gapfire figures in my Handicapping, Glad you could download the data as promised in earlier posts.

Mac:) :) :)

captainhot
11-09-2011, 10:41 PM
Guaranteed 2012 Classic Exacta

ALL/ALL

Remember I gave this out 12 months in advance.

Gapfire
11-09-2011, 10:47 PM
I was asked by several members to post the Quickgaps for this race. Good pick though for next year :)

Guaranteed 2012 Classic Exacta

ALL/ALL

Remember I gave this out 12 months in advance.

tbwinner
11-10-2011, 12:16 AM

Thank you,

Kevin

How do you read these? Is there a tutorial or sample explaining it?

Is it quickgap 8-12-13-7? Because if so, that doesn't give the exacta.

Gapfire
11-10-2011, 01:42 AM
How do you read these? Is there a tutorial or sample explaining it?

Is it quickgap 8-12-13-7? Because if so, that doesn't give the exacta.

The Quickgaps were 13-8-7-3.

Gapfire
11-10-2011, 01:48 AM
We didn't have it cold, but the box was there.

duncan04
11-10-2011, 01:37 PM
The Quickgaps were 13-8-7-3.

Wow when did it change? Yesterday I looked at it and it listed 8-12-13-7. And after tbwinner said something I looked at it today and it said 13-8-7-3. Seems fishy :confused:

tbwinner
11-10-2011, 02:14 PM
Wow when did it change? Yesterday I looked at it and it listed 8-12-13-7. And after tbwinner said something I looked at it today and it said 13-8-7-3. Seems fishy :confused:

Yeah today it's changed. I agree, quite fishy. It was listed 8-12-13-7 yesterday as I posted here...

If you changed it, just admit it and save your reputation. If you want to claim it's a technological error, fine, whatever. And then put up a race or two (maybe a whole card) so we can see your results beforehand.

Gapfire
11-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Nothing fishy my friends. When our daily Quickgaps are being calculated the algorithms change. I then have to reset the date, and the Quickgaps appear as they would on that day.

Kevin

Gapfire
11-10-2011, 02:30 PM
If you changed it, just admit it and save your reputation. If you want to claim it's a technological error, fine, whatever. And then put up a race or two (maybe a whole card) so we can see your results beforehand.

I don't need to claim anything. These were the numbers for that track on this date. Enough people saw the numbers that I first posted, to know I am telling the truth.

Kevin

Gapfire
11-10-2011, 02:39 PM
Yeah today it's changed. I agree, quite fishy. It was listed 8-12-13-7 yesterday as I posted here...

Tell you what, I'm telling the truth. I just sent you a PM inviting you to try our numbers for free for a couple of weeks. If you want to come and badmouth us after you try them, fine. I can't allow people to take potshots without knowing anything about us.

Thanks,

Kevin

HPFridays
11-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Gapfire had at least 3 exacta winners in the two days when boxing their top 4 Gapfire point totals. And yes, 13-8-7-3 were the numbers that were on the site last Saturday. Gapfire sometimes puts me on to horses I've overlooked in my normal handicapping. I'm pretty happy with the site/service and you sure can't beat the price.

:cool:

Gapfire
11-10-2011, 03:54 PM
Thank you HPFridays,

I was beginning to wonder if any of our members were playing the Breeders' Cup. I appreciate that you stepped forward.

Kevin

Gapfire had at least 3 exacta winners in the two days when boxing their top 4 Gapfire point totals. And yes, 13-8-7-3 were the numbers that were on the site last Saturday. Gapfire sometimes puts me on to horses I've overlooked in my normal handicapping. I'm pretty happy with the site/service and you sure can't beat the price.

Gapfire
11-10-2011, 04:03 PM
Gapfire sometimes puts me on to horses I've overlooked in my normal handicapping.

This is one of the best ways to use our site. Do your handicapping, and then check us out to see if there is something you may have missed. :ThmbUp:

Kevin

offtrack
11-10-2011, 04:08 PM
I'll step forward also. I've been using the Gapfire numbers since Saratoga, and have had many long prices. I enjoy using the numbers.
Yes the BC cards were as Kevin says.
His pap also posts a daily pick, and a story, on the public page.

As a fan of the American Western, I let a man fight his own battles, until asked.
Sorry, Kevin, if I let you down a bit.

Keep Sweeping

Gapfire
11-10-2011, 04:24 PM
Thanks offtrack,

I've certainly been fighting a battle here, and don't mind doing so. I do appreciate you backing us up though. I think you are well respected here, and that goes a long way.

I know we aren't that well known, and people are quick to make assumptions.

:ThmbUp:
Kevin

I'll step forward also. I've been using the Gapfire numbers since Saratoga, and have had many long prices. I enjoy using the numbers.
Yes the BC cards were as Kevin says.
His pap also posts a daily pick, and a story, on the public page.

As a fan of the American Western, I let a man fight his own battles, until asked.
Sorry, Kevin, if I let you down a bit.

Keep Sweeping

Striker
11-10-2011, 05:21 PM
We didn't have it cold, but the box was there.
So, you hit the classic exacta with a 4 horse exacta box.

Gapfire
11-10-2011, 05:26 PM
Yes, and with a large field, it's not a bad way to play.

mistergee
11-10-2011, 09:10 PM
Yes, and with a large field, it's not a bad way to play.
Gap,are the main #.s to go by the quickgaps, and does it make a difference the spread between the #, for example how much of a point advntage is considered major and how close should they be when they should be thrown in exotics

bob60566
11-10-2011, 09:30 PM
Gap,are the main #.s to go by the quickgaps, and does it make a difference the spread between the #, for example how much of a point advntage is considered major and how close should they be when they should be thrown in exotics

The Quickgap numbers will enhance your selections the four numbers have on average 80% hit rate per race at given tracks.

Bottom line you have to handicap races

mistergee
11-10-2011, 09:46 PM
what if in the top 4 #.s there is one who is 10 pts ahead, is he considered superior to the others, then there are time where the top 4 are within just a few points does that mean the race is too close to call really?

bob60566
11-10-2011, 09:49 PM
what if in the top 4 #.s there is one who is 10 pts ahead, is he considered superior to the others, then there are time where the top 4 are within just a few points does that mean the race is too close to call really?

My opinion Pass and have beer

Mac:)

mistergee
11-10-2011, 09:57 PM
good idea gonna uncork one right now thanks for the reminder, just trying to get a feeling for those figs

headhawg
11-11-2011, 12:42 AM
You are incined to pass. Why? I've responded to everyone in a polite and truthful manner. We had a couple of people who confused us with another service. You really didn't need to chime in here.Until PA tells me that I can't I will chime in anywhere I damn well please. Have you no idea how antagonistic and childish your posts are?

Gapfire
11-11-2011, 01:19 AM
Until PA tells me that I can't I will chime in anywhere I damn well please. Have you no idea how antagonistic and childish your posts are?

Nice commentary. Little late to the party aren't you? This thread has taken a more positive direction.

All the best to you,

Kevin

thaskalos
11-11-2011, 09:05 AM
Nice commentary. Little late to the party aren't you? This thread has taken a more positive direction.

All the best to you,

Kevin
Kevin,

I have not tried your figures, but I like your attitude. :ThmbUp:

You have been wrongfully - and boisterously - attacked by two people here, who confused your service for someone else's...and yet you maintained your composure throughout.

I will take a look at your figures...and if they are half as good as your demeanor, I know I will be impressed.

headhawg
11-11-2011, 09:35 AM
Kevin,

I got your PM. You are on overly sensitive kind of guy, aren't you? My first post in this thread was to offer an observation and a suggestion which you clearly did not take. You also told me not to "chime in" which was not your call. That made this thing personal. You are being cut a lot of slack because your an advertiser. Good for Mike; the board needs the support. I personally don't need your...I don't know...smugness? Holier-than-thou attitude?? It's something, but it's not good business. That has been my whole point.

For the record I am a Gapfire member. I did not come into this thread stating that the numbers sucked or anything like that. Yet you chose to take a position that was definitely less than cordial against me and others who questioned some things about the original thread topic. I will now have to consider whether or not to ask for a refund.

And I was "late to the party" because my life does not revolve around making posts on message boards. Handicapping is a hobby for me, not a lifestyle.

Best of luck to you. I think that you are going to need it.

HH

Grits
11-11-2011, 09:50 AM
Wow, all these threads, all these posts.

What a mistake . . . . sure would hate for my paying customers to see me in such a light. This has turned into an unfortunate mess.

One doesn't ever know who or what's behind an avatar and a username.

thaskalos
11-11-2011, 10:04 AM
And I was "late to the party" because my life does not revolve around making posts on message boards. Handicapping is a hobby for me, not a lifestyle.

Your loss...:)

headhawg
11-11-2011, 10:36 AM
You are being cut a lot of slack because your an advertiser. Before somebody gets on me for poor grammar/spelling I meant to type you're not your.

Gapfire
11-13-2011, 10:35 AM
Wow, all these threads, all these posts.

What a mistake . . . . sure would hate for my paying customers to see me in such a light. This has turned into an unfortunate mess.

One doesn't ever know who or what's behind an avatar and a username.

This hasn't turned into an unfortunate mess. I see a lot of positive posts here. I'm not going to worry about the people making negative remarks. Cleary, they aren't even reading the thread.

Kevin

Gapfire
11-13-2011, 10:37 AM
Your loss...:)

Thank you thaskalos. Well done winning the P.A.I.H.L. contest as well.

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Gapfire
11-13-2011, 10:45 AM
I don't know that I'm sensitive. As I said earlier, I'm not just going to allow people to take potshots. If you are a member, you would have known that the BC figures that I posted were as they appeared on BC Saturday? Yet, you chose to remain silent on that?

At any rate, good luck to you,

Kevin

Kevin,

I got your PM. You are on overly sensitive kind of guy, aren't you? My first post in this thread was to offer an observation and a suggestion which you clearly did not take. You also told me not to "chime in" which was not your call. That made this thing personal. You are being cut a lot of slack because your an advertiser. Good for Mike; the board needs the support. I personally don't need your...I don't know...smugness? Holier-than-thou attitude?? It's something, but it's not good business. That has been my whole point.

For the record I am a Gapfire member. I did not come into this thread stating that the numbers sucked or anything like that. Yet you chose to take a position that was definitely less than cordial against me and others who questioned some things about the original thread topic. I will now have to consider whether or not to ask for a refund.

Best of luck to you. I think that you are going to need it.

HH

mistergee
11-13-2011, 07:56 PM
while the attack and defense is going on I will try a couple more questions and see if these get answered. 1) are horses given the same amount of points for good races that were 10 races ago as opposed to their last race? 2) are points given for horses who earned them on a distance or surface other than todays. These are asked in relation to the quickgaps which I assume are your prime #s

Gapfire
11-14-2011, 10:55 AM
while the attack and defense is going on I will try a couple more questions and see if these get answered. 1) are horses given the same amount of points for good races that were 10 races ago as opposed to their last race? 2) are points given for horses who earned them on a distance or surface other than todays. These are asked in relation to the quickgaps which I assume are your prime #s

Good questions, but the Colonel doesn't give out his secret recipe either. :D

Gapfire
11-14-2011, 06:05 PM

Seriously though, our algorithms do track lifetime best at the distance and surface for speed, early pace etc.

It rarely shows up as the top performing reason to use as our Quickgap selection.

Kevin

mistergee
11-15-2011, 07:39 PM
Seriously though, our algorithms do track lifetime best at the distance and surface for speed, early pace etc.

It rarely shows up as the top performing reason to use as our Quickgap selection.

Kevin
I have no intention of making figures or learning how you do yours, but I am a customer of yours and in analyzing the common threads ive noticed so far that high quickgaps who do not perform are usually the ones who look like theyve gone off form for whatever reason in their last couple races but may have been better further back in the form cycle, the other I noticed are horses who are running well on turf or dirt only and are now switching to the opposite surface, and or have been sprinting and are now going the distance and vice versa

bob60566
11-15-2011, 08:41 PM
I have no intention of making figures or learning how you do yours, but I am a customer of yours and in analyzing the common threads ive noticed so far that high quickgaps who do not perform are usually the ones who look like theyve gone off form for whatever reason in their last couple races but may have been better further back in the form cycle, the other I noticed are horses who are running well on turf or dirt only and are now switching to the opposite surface, and or have been sprinting and are now going the distance and vice versa

You may have found intresting angle here can you let me know the tracks.

Mac:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

mistergee
11-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Ive probably been looking at almost all at one time or another

bob60566
11-15-2011, 09:32 PM
Ive probably been looking at almost all at one time or another

How many tracks do you play as i want to check out your angle. Do you have Mountineer ,or Turf Paradise.

Mac:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

mistergee
11-15-2011, 09:40 PM
mostly NY and Fla and the night tracks, and Yes MNR not too much TUP

bob60566
11-15-2011, 09:46 PM
mostly NY and Fla and the night tracks, and Yes MNR not too much TUP

Excellent that you have Mountineer as i have also can you post your angle results or Pm me

Mac:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

mistergee
11-15-2011, 10:13 PM
not sure what I am looking at is considered an angle. Basically I was just trying to see why ( the title of this thread) the gapfire quickgap #'s or for that matter any figure based system should weight recent races higher and should not take any rating from races that are at a different distance or surface

bob60566
11-15-2011, 10:17 PM
not sure what I am looking at is considered an angle. Basically I was just trying to see why ( the title of this thread) the gapfire quickgap #'s or for that matter any figure based system should weight recent races higher and should not take any rating from races that are at a different distance or surface

No problem bud thought you had something.

Gapfire
11-15-2011, 10:22 PM
You are right mistergee,

We are not a black box, and one really has to consider layoffs, surface and distance changes etc. All of the stuff you are talking about is taken into account, and then tracked in our database. We then use the best algotrithm at the track, distance and surface to determine the Quickgaps.

Kevin

mistergee
11-15-2011, 10:36 PM
thanks Kevin,I will continue to follow your figs while paying more attention to those with no sudden form reversal and with recency at todays distance and surface

Gapfire
11-15-2011, 10:51 PM
thanks Kevin,I will continue to follow your figs while paying more attention to those with no sudden form reversal and with recency at todays distance and surface

Good idea. Sometimes, the price horse doesn't look very good on form though.

It's a tough game.

Kevin