PDA

View Full Version : NBC BC commercial

Valuist
11-02-2011, 09:37 AM
I'm surprised no threads on this. Did anyone catch the commercial during the football game the other night? The first name mentioned was Chantal Sutherland. Imagine if you are Gomez, Velazquez, Rosario, Castellano or any other of the many riders who are superior riders to Chantal Sutherland; aren't you insulted that SHE gets the limelight when you are a far better rider?

NBC never ceases to surprise me.

cj's dad
11-02-2011, 09:59 AM
Pandering to the much hoped for female audience while at the same time being PC.

Valuist
11-02-2011, 10:19 AM
Pandering to the much hoped for female audience while at the same time being PC.

Why not hype Goldikova? At least she deserves it. Certainly a lot more than some wanna be reality TV star who occasionally rides horses.

cj's dad
11-02-2011, 10:56 AM
Why not hype Goldikova? At least she deserves it. Certainly a lot more than some wanna be reality TV star who occasionally rides horses.

Because they don't have a clue about horseracing ?

Spalding No!
11-02-2011, 10:59 AM

Is NBC showing the BC this year?

For that matter, does NBC even show NFL football?

Robert Goren
11-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Is NBC showing the BC this year?

For that matter, does NBC even show NFL football?Every Sunday night.

Cholly
11-02-2011, 11:03 AM

Respectfully disagree; leading with a babe is pandering to 20-35yo males--they're the targeted audience here. Beer companies do it; car companies do it. Any advertiser who wants young males to watch leads with a babe.

Robert Goren
11-02-2011, 11:05 AM
Respectfully disagree; leading with a babe is pandering to 20-35yo males--they're the targeted audience here. Beer companies do it; car companies do it. Any advertiser who wants young males to watch leads with a babe. Or male audiences in general.

ten2oneormore
11-02-2011, 11:06 AM
They are playing to the public audience not familiar with racing.Horse players are going to watch regardless.Kind of like Danica Patrick or Rosie Napravnik last derby.

Spiderman
11-02-2011, 11:18 AM
They are playing to the public audience not familiar with racing.Horse players are going to watch regardless.Kind of like Danica Patrick or Rosie Napravnik last derby.
Horse players are forced to watch since there will be a blackout on websites for the TV coverage.

NTamm1215
11-02-2011, 12:33 PM
The commercials are on ESPN, the network that carries the BC. NBC has nothing to do with it.

slew101
11-02-2011, 12:37 PM
That ad was not on NBC. They have no coverage of the BC.

It was an ABC/ESPN commercial.

I'm surprised no threads on this. Did anyone catch the commercial during the football game the other night? The first name mentioned was Chantal Sutherland. Imagine if you are Gomez, Velazquez, Rosario, Castellano or any other of the many riders who are superior riders to Chantal Sutherland; aren't you insulted that SHE gets the limelight when you are a far better rider?

slew101
11-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Beat me to it.

I do agree the ad is absurd.

The commercials are on ESPN, the network that carries the BC. NBC has nothing to do with it.

Linny
11-02-2011, 01:04 PM
The football audience is mostly male and highlighting a pretty woman named Chantal is more likely to get their attention than a dude named Garrett or Javier. Go to a car show, you wont see a dude named Garrett in short shorts leaning against the new Porsche. (You will see someone who looks more like Chantal.) It's marketing.
If they were targeting a female viewership they might play up female participation but wouldn't lead with a girl like Chantal because most female sports fans don't like to come face to face with gorgeous athletes. (They can deal with average or ugly looking ones but pretty girls are supposed to be models or actresses, not jocks.

DJofSD
11-02-2011, 01:50 PM
FYI. Danica retired.

TommyCh
11-02-2011, 02:08 PM
Danica retired from Indy Car. She's going to drive NASCAR.

OK, so some guy 20-34 is going to sit there all day to catch two glimpses of Chantal in silks and a helmet that hide her "assets?" Man, these are some shallow dudes. Challenge their manhood by goading them into wagering on the races. :kiss:

rastajenk
11-02-2011, 02:24 PM
<v j stauffer> :bang: :bang: :bang: <v j stauffer off>

The constant drumbeat of negativity about the most trivial things is pretty remarkable, I tend to agree with him on that.

PaceAdvantage
11-02-2011, 07:40 PM
<v j stauffer> :bang: :bang: :bang: <v j stauffer off>

The constant drumbeat of negativity about the most trivial things is pretty remarkable, I tend to agree with him on that. Even when there is a legitimate gripe? All the negativity might be more a reflection of the sport itself and not this board...wouldn't you say?

whobet
11-02-2011, 08:48 PM
At least horse racing got a comercial,

the way horse racing is headed,

they won't even make these comercials