PDA

View Full Version : Why are Dunkin Donuts lines so long?

Zippy Chippy
11-02-2011, 09:23 AM
As a person that doesn't drink coffee, I honestly can't understand why when I'm driving down the street I see the drive thru lines are out to the street. I feel that they must be giving away something. Is coffee that good? Why can't people make it at home? Don't they sell the coffee grounds in the store?

There is also a DD kiosk outside near work. Even on rainy days you sometimes can see 15 people standing single file in the pouring rain. I'm always amazed.

Tom
11-02-2011, 12:48 PM
Is coffee that good?

Not the coffee......

Zippy Chippy
11-02-2011, 12:51 PM
Througout the day the same people come in and out of the office w/ those little cup containers holding 4 ice coffees. People in here have like 4 or 5 a day.

TJDave
11-02-2011, 01:18 PM
Their coffee IS good and compared to the frou-frou coffee shops, inexpensive.

Greyfox
11-02-2011, 01:20 PM
Througout the day the same people come in and out of the office w/ those little cup containers holding 4 ice coffees. People in here have like 4 or 5 a day.

It's bourbon in those little cups.

(Of course if the attraction was coffee, why would they call it Dunkin Donuts?):rolleyes:

ArlJim78
11-02-2011, 01:56 PM
it's no mystery, the coffee is good. I drive thru every morning on the way to work and grab a cup of DD coffee.

plainolebill
11-02-2011, 08:01 PM
I'm getting hungry - the nearest donut shop is about an hour in either direction. Supermarket donuts are not worth eating.

Rookies
11-03-2011, 06:40 PM
DD is the bottom feeding dreck they feed to America and call it Coffee. There are other alternate Yankee brands that are excellent.

NOTHING, however competes with the invader from the Great White North: Timmy's! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Hortons

An insanely successful capitalist rags to riches story! :ThmbUp:

There are lines in Ontario, inside and out of every franchise, everywhere. It is a licence to print $$$$ and they are adding to their Menu. Once, at a Niagara Jazz Festival, met a guy over a few wine swallows that owned 4... count em... 4 locations!

His name might as well have been Jobs or Buffett! ;) :lol:

boxcar
11-03-2011, 06:51 PM
Not the coffee......

No, no, no...It's the coffee, stupid. :D

Boxcar
P.S. Well...maybe in my case just the caffeine fix. :jump: :jump: Can you tell?

johnhannibalsmith
11-03-2011, 07:38 PM
I miss Stewart's coffee.

ArlJim78
11-03-2011, 07:38 PM
DD is the bottom feeding dreck they feed to America and call it Coffee. There are other alternate Yankee brands that are excellent.

NOTHING, however competes with the invader from the Great White North: Timmy's! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Hortons

There are lines in Ontario, inside and out of every franchise, everywhere. It is a licence to print $$$$ and they are adding to their Menu. Once, at a Niagara Jazz Festival, met a guy over a few wine swallows that owned 4... count em... 4 locations!

one of the best aspects of visiting Canada is the chance to stop at Tim Hortons. great franchise and really good coffee.
as donut shop coffee goes over here, you can't beat DD though.

Shemp Howard
11-03-2011, 09:21 PM
It's the hottie Pakistani's that's the draw.

cj
11-03-2011, 10:06 PM

I actually had their coffee in of all places Kandahar. I had never heard of it, but Canada had a big influence at the NATO base there and I have to say it was fabulous. I still don't mind DD though.

JustRalph
11-03-2011, 11:07 PM
Does Wendy's still own Tim Horton's ?

They used to..........

Tom
11-04-2011, 10:16 AM
Wendy's coffee, btw, is excellent.

Actor
11-04-2011, 11:25 AM
Caffeine is addictive, pure and simple. Not so much as nicotine or alcohol but enough to get you hooked.