PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Race at Philly / Parx

davefulche
11-01-2011, 01:12 PM
To me that was a nobrainer to not take the horse down. If you have to look at that long and that often it is nowhere near clearcut enough to take down the winner. There was a hole there and while it may not have been the safest move it was the winning move with tons of horse and the horse was not fouled IMO. Had to be some steward disagreement going on during that one....

Onion Monster
11-01-2011, 01:17 PM
Cost me the early double. It was an iffy DQ. I'm not even sure they made contact. Regardless, Bermudez remains one of the worst jocks on the grounds. He had the post, the speed and the bias in his favor and still managed to get himself in a jackpot.

That steady/check didn't cost the 2 the race, but it was a foul.

ManU918
11-01-2011, 02:17 PM
I have to say there was an obvious foul here. After about 5 minutes if you were holding a ticket involving the 3 you had to know you were dead to rights... 15 minutes later they made what was the right call IMO.

davefulche
11-01-2011, 09:46 PM
IMO the 2 was not going to win that race and was not cost a placing. And I can certainly throw out all biases for what I am rooting for. I definitely knew it was coming down after about 4 minutes or so. Normally at Philly they make a quick decision if its staying up....I just dont understand if you need to look at it for 10 min, the "foul" either was not there or not egregious enough to warrant a DQ. A brush is a foul too, just 99 times outta 100 isnt a DQ.
There are probably only a few worse jocks on the grounds than Sammy...but at least he has no fear.

davefulche
11-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Onion I will definitely agree that it could be considered "a foul" but that was not a DQ to me. I have certainly been on the good side of a few DQs and the bad side..and no matter what you always want it to your way, but you know when your grasping at straws and when you are right....I shoulda spread more against that fav anyway