PDA

View Full Version : The Cain Mutiny

Pages : [1] 2

NJ Stinks
10-31-2011, 07:16 PM
This revelation by Politico.com about the sexual harassment settlements is the kind of thing that makes me wonder why anybody wants to run for public office - especially president. Does something like this - that is said to have occurred over 10 years ago - have any relevance relating to the almost 66 year old nominee running for president today? Does this information somehow translate into Cain being lousy Presidential material?

In short, I'm interested in political nominees who can actually lead. I don't want somebody who winds up winning just because his best attribute may be that he were able to withstand irrelevant background checks. Obviously, certain revelations are more important than others but so far this Cain gotcha moment does not seem significant to me. But it's bound to get a life of it's own.

I could be wrong. But that's how I feel about it right now.

Greyfox
10-31-2011, 07:37 PM
How Herman handles this "problem" has definite implications for whether or not he will be perceived as Presidential naterial.
He's apparently known that this was coming for 10 days, but so far he's done a clumsy job of dealing with it.

boxcar
10-31-2011, 08:28 PM
Clarence Thomas II.

Thomas was absolutely right when he said many years ago that in these modern times, racists have new technological ways of hanging black people.

But if Cain handles this right, this could really backfire for the libs. And by the way, I'm very suspicious right now of the Republican Establishment. They, like their soul mates across the aisle, are not above this kind of wickedness.

Boxcar

delayjf
10-31-2011, 09:26 PM
In short, I'm interested in political nominees who can actually lead. I don't want somebody who winds up winning just because his best attribute may be that he were able to withstand irrelevant background checks. Obviously, certain revelations are more important than others but so far this Cain gotcha moment does not seem significant to me. But it's bound to get a life of it's own.

I could be wrong. But that's how I feel about it right now.

The same libs who are calling for Cains head now are the same libs that supported Clinton during his "Cuban missle crisis"

canleakid
10-31-2011, 09:39 PM
Just wondering if that "CUBAN" will show up on E-Bay any time soon :confused:

TJDave
10-31-2011, 10:24 PM
Does something like this - that is said to have occurred over 10 years ago - have any relevance relating to the almost 66 year old nominee running for president today?

I wouldn't think when it happened would matter. Unless your argument is that he was less mature ten years ago. I could see that working if he was 16...

not 56. :rolleyes:

Actor
11-01-2011, 01:10 AM
This revelation by Politico.com about the sexual harassment settlements is the kind of thing that makes me wonder why anybody wants to run for public office - especially president.
It's often been said that Abraham Lincoln could not be elected today because the media would certainly discover that he suffered bouts of melancholia. And today he would almost certainly have seen a shrink about it and have a history of taking antidepressants.

And, of course, he was ugly and would not play well on TV.

Tom
11-01-2011, 10:52 AM
Whatever he did, will it be worse than Clinton preying on interns and lying about it or Barry smoking dope?

DJofSD
11-01-2011, 10:57 AM
Who was it that talked about comfortable shoes? Where is that person now?

Robert Goren
11-01-2011, 11:13 AM
The problem Cain has is not his doing it or not doing it. It is his handling of it. He has to known it was going to come up sometime if he ever showed any strength in the polls. He tried to lie his way out of it. That is the wrong way to go matters like this. Even Fox is backing away from him now.

Tom
11-01-2011, 11:32 AM
Wow, I thought lying was a job requirement for prez!!!1

ceejay
11-01-2011, 01:37 PM
The problem Cain has is not his doing it or not doing it. It is his handling of it. He has to known it was going to come up sometime if he ever showed any strength in the polls. He tried to lie his way out of it. That is the wrong way to go matters like this. Even Fox is backing away from him now.

The candidate and/or his chief advisers were advised of the investigation by Politico (or at least that's what Politico says). It looks like the campaign had about 1-2 weeks to formulate a response. And this response was the best they could do?

From the original piece.
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/67194_Page2.html
On Oct. 20, POLITICO first approached Gordon, who serves as the campaign’s vice president for communications, about whether Cain had been the subject of complaints of sexual harassment. After not responding to the question for several days, Gordon emailed POLITICO on Oct. 24 that any dispute about Cain’s conduct at the restaurant association “was settled amicably among all parties many years ago.” “These are old and tired allegations that never stood up to the facts,” Gordon wrote in an email response. “This was settled amicably among all parties many years ago, and dredging this up now is merely part of a smear campaign meant to discredit a true patriot who is shaking up the political status quo.” Gordon added: “Since critics haven’t had much luck in attacking Mr. Cain’s ideas, they are trying to attack him personally.” On Wednesday, the response shifted. Gordon telephoned to assert he was not using “settled” in a legal context but rather simply meant the matter was “resolved.” In that interview, Gordon told POLITICO he had spoken to Cain about the allegations and said Cain was “vaguely familiar” with the situation.

JustRalph
11-01-2011, 02:22 PM
In related news......Bill Clinton now endorsing Cain!!

DJofSD
11-01-2011, 02:26 PM
Maybe he can get the Weiner vote too!

bigmack
11-01-2011, 02:33 PM
The 'hill o' beans' this amounts to is a total of about 7 beans.

Within 1 between Romney & Cain in IA. Which should mean Romney picks up NH & IA.

I saw BO's campaign mgr, David Plouffe, on a Sunday head talking show. They are FREAKIN' OUT over Romney. In a debate between he & BO, BO will end up looking like the child he is.

ArlJim78
11-01-2011, 02:37 PM
amazing how the media works. they circle the wagons to protect their golden boy, but when they want to investigate they can come up with some real gems.

they found out that 20 years ago Rick Perry drove by a rock that had the N word on it.

now they find that 10 years ago alledgedly a woman was uncomfortable due to a not overtly sexual hand gesture by Cain.

kudos media! job well done.

Tom
11-01-2011, 02:39 PM
Amazing how no one asks a single thing about the moron in the WH today - he is a known terrorist acquaintance and dope smoker and no one asks anything about his past.

Interesting.

boxcar
11-01-2011, 02:51 PM
Amazing how no one asks a single thing about the moron in the WH today - he is a known terrorist acquaintance and dope smoker and no one asks anything about his past.

Interesting.

Minorities are allowed to "make it" if they have a "D" after their name. Otherwise, they are considered to be mortal enemies of the nation.

Boxcar

Tom
11-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Cain is more of a Black man than Obama is.
Isn't it racist that a Black man has to be half white to get the respect of dems?

badcompany
11-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Cain is the Dems worst nightmare: A black man from humble beginnings who became very successful in the private sector and has no interest in being a victim.

boxcar
11-01-2011, 03:35 PM
Cain is the Dems worst nightmare: A black man from humble beginnings who became very successful in the private sector and has no interest in being a victim.

And he isn't liked by the Republican Establishment either. As stated earlier, I would not be surprised to discover down the road that RINOs are behind this character assassination.

Boxcar

JustRalph
11-01-2011, 04:18 PM

Exactly :ThmbUp:

Everything the guy has touched has turned to gold.

Forget Godfathers, this guy turned around a company that comprised 400 Burger Kings. Anybody who knows anything about that business has to respect the guy

Robert Goren
11-01-2011, 05:16 PM
Cain is more of a Black man than Obama is.
Isn't it racist that a Black man has to be half white to get the respect of dems?Democrats don't decide things by race. We judge a man by his ideas and his record. There are fewer ideas more crazy than Cain's 9-9-9 plan. His record as a CEO speaks for itself. He was working as radio talk show host. Only a republican would believe that was by choice.
I still have my doubts that very many republicans are going to vote for a black man. I guess we will know after the SC primary. If Cain can win that, then maybe racism is really dying.

Greyfox
11-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Democrats don't decide things by race.

Racism is restricted by party lines? That's interesting.

johnhannibalsmith
11-01-2011, 06:35 PM
Democrats don't decide things by race. We judge a man by his ideas and his record. There are fewer ideas more crazy than Cain's 9-9-9 plan. His record as a CEO speaks for itself. He was working as radio talk show host. Only a republican would believe that was by choice.
I still have my doubts that very many republicans are going to vote for a black man. I guess we will know after the SC primary. If Cain can win that, then maybe racism is really dying.

Some funny stuff in here. Not much point in dissecting it all, but it almost reads like a parody.

Lefty
11-01-2011, 06:39 PM
"Democrats don't decide things by race. We judge a man by his ideas and his record."

Robt Goren said this and I don't know whether to laugh or puke.

BTW, Cain is being attacked by the same media that gave Clinton and John Edwards a pass.

But the repubs better be ready for more of this because anyone that can be perceived to be able to win the nomination will get a complete anal exam.

bigmack
11-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Some funny stuff in here. Not much point in dissecting it all, but it almost reads like a parody.
Indeed. I hesitate to be my usual brutal self but it's amazing the guy can balance a check book, drive a car & such.

Stunning, the level of confusion.

boxcar
11-01-2011, 06:57 PM
Indeed. I hesitate to be my usual brutal self but it's amazing the guy can balance a check book, drive a car & such.

Stunning, the level of confusion.

And I'm even more amazed that he could have possibly written that with a straight face. :eek: :eek:

Boxcar

Greyfox
11-01-2011, 07:24 PM
And he isn't liked by the Republican Establishment either.

Boxcar

The timing of this dirt certainly supports your theory that it could be from the Rep side. Nefarious Dems more likely would have waited to have him win the Primary.

Rookies
11-01-2011, 07:51 PM
And he isn't liked by the Republican Establishment either. As stated earlier, I would not be surprised to discover down the road that RINOs are behind this character assassination.

Boxcar

Well, tonight CNN reported that Mike Huckle-berry thought the same Boxie- as in a fellow campaigner!

Two things about this:

1) Herman Cain is his name... needed to have a little better response ready for this molehill, given the week + lead he had. I agree with Robert here- unless there is much, more than meets the sealed story;

2) Who among us could run for any political office today? Within 5 minutes of any of this Forum every considering it, their Top 10 irrational statements would be outed.

Thank God I ran (successfully) in the 1970s...:lol: ;) :D :ThmbUp:

boxcar
11-01-2011, 10:20 PM
The timing of this dirt certainly supports your theory that it could be from the Rep side. Nefarious Dems more likely would have waited to have him win the Primary.

My thinking, exactly! Would the Dems fire their big guns so early? On the other hand, the Dems are scared to death of Cain and would prefer that he not win the Primary. Cain takes too much away from their Sleaze arsenal, especially the race issue. They would much prefer to see Obama run against Romney.

On the other hand, Perry is floundering. He would benefit the most by having Cain fall to the wayside. I personally don't know any true blue conservatives who like Romney. And not very many like Perry, for that matter, either -- despite Rush's hawking him as a "real conservative". (I really need to talk to him about that!) But I think they like The Rom less.

Boxcar

bigmack
11-01-2011, 10:40 PM
My thinking, exactly! Would the Dems fire their big guns so early? On the other hand, the Dems are scared to death of Cain and would prefer that he not win the Primary. Cain takes too much away from their Sleaze arsenal, especially the race issue. They would much prefer to see Obama run against Romney.
It's silly to speculate about where this 'nowhere' story came from. Doesn't matter. Herm's not goin' anywhere. Would you like to know how serious he is about this campaign? Read my sigy.

They prefer to see Obama run against Mitt, huh? They's petrified of RomKnee.

They're not even thinking of Cain.

Lefty
11-01-2011, 11:09 PM
Politico broke the story and you got libs saying don't blame the messenger.
But these liberal messengers did not break the story of Obama and Rev Wright.
Did not break the story of Obama and Bill Ayers.
Did not break the story of Obama and Tony
Rezco.

I don't trust these messengers of omission!

boxcar
11-01-2011, 11:58 PM
It's silly to speculate about where this 'nowhere' story came from. Doesn't matter. Herm's not goin' anywhere. Would you like to know how serious he is about this campaign? Read my sigy.

They prefer to see Obama run against Mitt, huh? They's petrified of RomKnee.

They're not even thinking of Cain.

You're reading the signs all wrong. If the libs thought for a second that Romney was the real threat to the WH, the lamestream media would be attacking him, instead of Cain. You need to learn to read the signs better. ;) The libs recognize one of their own i.e. RINOs. For example, when was the last time you saw the media attack Colin Powell -- a BLACK Republican? It's hands off Powell because he's one of the good ol' establishment boys who has never strayed from the mother ship's plantation. But not so with Cain!

Boxcar

bigmack
11-02-2011, 12:09 AM
You're reading the signs all wrong. If the libs thought for a second that Romney was the real threat to the WH, the lamestream media would be attacking him, instead of Cain. You need to learn to read the signs better.
You're WAY off. Drink-in BO's campaign manager from two days ago. He's asked about Cain and goes off on Romney for the duration.

They know what's up. Relax. It's Romney in a landslide.

n3jtZsgFccE

Attacking/digging up dirt on Romney? Don't be silly. He's been vetted WAY beyond a full cavity search. Nothin' with that MorMan.

boxcar
11-02-2011, 01:11 AM
You're WAY off. Drink-in BO's campaign manager from two days ago. He's asked about Cain and goes off on Romney for the duration.

They know what's up. Relax. It's Romney in a landslide.

n3jtZsgFccE

Attacking/digging up dirt on Romney? Don't be silly. He's been vetted WAY beyond a full cavity search. Nothin' with that MorMan.

The campaign mgr. is in denial. He doesn't want to give a maverick outsider like Cain any recognition or credibility by voicing any kind of concerns over him. Cain's name is out there way too much as it is.

And what kind of flimsy excuse is "vetting"? When did that ever stop the MM from making stuff up? :rolleyes: Or from spinning his long political record, for that matter? But the meda knows what the real skinny is and who the real threat to the WH is. They've got their political priorities right. Kill Cain so he doesn't win the Nomination, at whatever cost. Then they'll worry about the RINO.

And trust me on this: If Romney wins the Nomination, it won't be any landslide in the election. And if Romney wins the WH, you will have very, very few relaxing moments. This guy is pure RINO through and through. As stated often in the past, a guy like Romney will take this country right down the same path as a BO, only with a detour or two thrown in, but we'll still wind up at the same destination only a little later than sooner.

And if Romney wins nomination, I believe I will have a lot of company when I stay home on election day. Hell would have to freeze over first before I would vote for Romney.

And there are rumors buzzing about that Ronnie Paul might defect from the Republican ticket and go Independent. If this were to happen, this would definitely help Obama because there are hardcore Paulyites out there who will vote for him no matter what. Paul isn't getting any younger, so he just might pull out all the stops and figure why not go out with a bang? I don't see Paul running again in '16.

Boxcar

Lefty
11-02-2011, 01:22 AM
Boxy, that would be foolish. By not voting you will effectively be voting for Obama. :bang:

boxcar
11-02-2011, 01:39 AM
Boxy, that would be foolish. By not voting you will effectively be voting for Obama. :bang:

I've explained myself on this issue previously. I've had it for voting FOR evil, because even the lesser of two is still evil. And I've grown even more weary of voting against the so-called more evil candidate.

The country is too far gone, Lefty, in sooooo many ways. There won't be any more chances after this election for a real conservative to get the nomination in '16. What in the world would make you think for a nanosecond that the citizens of this country would all of a sudden wake up and want to vote for the Real Deal in 2016? If the citizens of this country don't sense the the very real danger now and don't want a real conservative, then I'm all for giving the nation that for which it's asking. But God help us all 'cause it isn't going to be pretty.

Boxcar

bigmack
11-02-2011, 01:41 AM
And if Romney wins the WH, you will have very, very few relaxing moments. This guy is pure RINO through and through. As stated often in the past, a guy like Romney will take this country right down the same path as a BO, only with a detour or two thrown in, but we'll still wind up at the same destination only a little later than sooner.
ANY R from MA has to be a RINO or they wouldn't be in politics. Don't fret, a monkey could make the right decisions now as next R Pres. He's not dumb. He'll listen and act accordingly.

As mentioned, it's a foregone conclusion. Romney in a landslide.

Take it easy.

newtothegame
11-02-2011, 02:08 AM
I've explained myself on this issue previously. I've had it for voting FOR evil, because even the lesser of two is still evil. And I've grown even more weary of voting against the so-called more evil candidate.

The country is too far gone, Lefty, in sooooo many ways. There won't be any more chances after this election for a real conservative to get the nomination in '16. What in the world would make you think for a nanosecond that the citizens of this country would all of a sudden wake up and want to vote for the Real Deal in 2016? If the citizens of this country don't sense the the very real danger now and don't want a real conservative, then I'm all for giving the nation that for which it's asking. But God help us all 'cause it isn't going to be pretty.

Boxcar

But by NOT voting, this is EXACTLY what you are doing.
This country is not ready for REAL people in political positions. Or, should I say this political system. The system (some term it "establishment") only want POLITICIANS who are people versus people who happen to be in political seats.
It has to happen in baby steps. Any candidtate that is seen as too far from the establishment has almost ZERO chance. You have even alluded to it in your beliefs that Cain may be getting this from his own party.
This country will gladly elect someone who is right of center. Right now, that's how romney is being percieved. Do I like it.....he isnt my first choice. But against Obama, I will vote for romney every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Then in four years, if we are a little more ready to move a bit more right...I will again look at how I vote.
All the while, continuing to push conservative at local and state levels as well.

Lefty
11-02-2011, 02:23 AM
Boxy, I understand your position but I cannot share it. I don't see Romney as evil and if he gets the nomination i'll be voting for him. ANYBODY is better than Obama. I can't see how Repubs can sit on their hands and let Obama take the country further down the drain.

Tom
11-02-2011, 07:47 AM
2) Who among us could run for any political office today? Within 5 minutes of any of this Forum every considering it, their Top 10 irrational statements would be outed.

If I ever run for anything, I'll be putting links to threads here in the press kits!

Steve 'StatMan'
11-02-2011, 12:08 PM
If the presidential candidates are not to ones liking, it is still VITAL to vote at least for the Senate and House positions. Control of either and esp both, esp. super majorities would be vital no matter who is elected president, as in overrides to vetos, as well as the legilastion that gets brought up for votes.

skate
11-02-2011, 01:58 PM

Not Voting

seems like a Stronger way to deliver the Blow, this 50/50 voting puts you the voter in limbo and at the hands of the Media, make NO mistake about that.

nope with the dopevote, get serious my friend...pull the plug babe.;)

Hey they put up $152,000,000 in ONE month campaign for the BO and you wanna what, cast a vote. Know when to fold em, then how to Hold em...yep.:cool:

Lefty
11-02-2011, 02:50 PM
I am champing at the bit to vote. It's the only way to ever beat Obama and the dims. Abstaining gives them your vote. It's ridiculous. If you abstain from voting one day they may take that right away from you.
VOTE!

Greyfox
11-02-2011, 02:56 PM
Everyone has the right not to vote.
But if you ever lived in a country where you could not vote, you'd never decide to withhold your vote again. Vote, even if you have to hold your nose in doing so.

boxcar
11-02-2011, 03:11 PM
But by NOT voting, this is EXACTLY what you are doing.
This country is not ready for REAL people in political positions. Or, should I say this political system. The system (some term it "establishment") only want POLITICIANS who are people versus people who happen to be in political seats.
It has to happen in baby steps. Any candidtate that is seen as too far from the establishment has almost ZERO chance. You have even alluded to it in your beliefs that Cain may be getting this from his own party.
This country will gladly elect someone who is right of center. Right now, that's how romney is being percieved. Do I like it.....he isnt my first choice. But against Obama, I will vote for romney every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Then in four years, if we are a little more ready to move a bit more right...I will again look at how I vote.
All the while, continuing to push conservative at local and state levels as well.

New, what has been happening to this country in baby steps for many decades is SOCIALISM. Now, Obama and the Dems have taken us to the very edge of the cliff with ObamaCare that will become full-blown, second rate socialized medicine if it's not repealed. The last thing this country needs is more baby steps because a RINO will not take those steps to the right consistently. Oh, yes, a guy like Romney might go one step to the right, two to the left, another step to the right and then 3 more to the left, etc. But even if Romney were to mark time, and didn't take this country much to the right or left, what's going to happen in the next election if a real hard core leftist gets elected again?

And since you have conceded that Romney is a RINO, how is his political philosophy going to impact his Supreme Court nominations, if he gets to make any? This is especially critical if a conservative justice must be replaced! Would he recommend another "centrist" to the court! Would he replace the conservative with another Kennedy type on the court, so that now the court would consist of 3 libs, 2 conservatives and 2 "centrists". Just how often do you think both centrists would see cases the same way as their conservative colleagues? What are the chances of that happening!?

Finally, if the majority of the people of this nation don't have a real sense of the imminent political and economic dangers that lay immediately ahead and they think a RINO is going is to deliver this nation from its many perils, then, as far as I'm concerned, they deserve to reap the fruits of their deception. Let this people perish for their lack of knowledge. But I will not participate in these voters' folly!

Boxcar

boxcar
11-02-2011, 03:19 PM
Everyone has the right not to vote.
But if you ever lived in a country where you could not vote, you'd never decide to withhold your vote again. Vote, even if you have to hold your nose in doing so.

But when the political pendulum has swung so far the other way and the moral climate in this country is resembling Sodom and Gomorrah more and more with each passing day, then with some people even the old "holding the nose" trick might not be enough to snuff out the stench.

Boxcar

boxcar
11-02-2011, 03:21 PM
Boxy, I understand your position but I cannot share it. I don't see Romney as evil and if he gets the nomination i'll be voting for him. ANYBODY is better than Obama. I can't see how Repubs can sit on their hands and let Obama take the country further down the drain.

If you don't see Romney as "evil", then surely you must have thought Bush was a saint. And I had to hold my nose voting for him!

Boxcar

ArlJim78
11-02-2011, 03:52 PM
you hear people talk about how not voting is sending some kind of message. umm no sorry. A vote sends a message, a non vote says nothing other than you're fine with whatever everyone else decides.

votes determine the winner and the winner determines the policies.
non-votes have no meaning.

Ocala Mike
11-02-2011, 05:00 PM
Another 4 years of the Big O if any or all of the following happens:

1. Ron Paul runs as an Independent a la Ralph Nader.

2. Romney is the opponent.

3. The "Boxcar" voters stay home because they don't have a perfect candidate (see 2. above).

I firmly believe that Cain can beat Obama, but Romney can't.

Ocala Mike

DJofSD
11-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Despite all of the BS flying through the air, I agree, BO's biggest challenge is and will be HC.

newtothegame
11-02-2011, 05:08 PM
you hear people talk about how not voting is sending some kind of message. umm no sorry. A vote sends a message, a non vote says nothing other than you're fine with whatever everyone else decides.

Tell that to the guy who loses an election 10-9 with one abstaining.....

boxcar
11-02-2011, 05:10 PM

How come voters can't simply vote "present" the way the "messiah" used to when he was in the senate? No one ever questioned him. :D

Boxcar

boxcar
11-02-2011, 05:15 PM
Despite all of the BS flying through the air, I agree, BO's biggest challenge is and will be HC.

You get it! This is why the Dems are letting their MM lap dogs go to the point to launch their attacks against him. They gain two ways in doing this: The Dems or the Political Establishment aren't conducting these attacks directly. And by ignoring Cain, they're trying to send a message to the public that Cain is a non-starter. He's not someone who can win. No one in his right mind should take him seriously, etc.

When you want to know who the Left is most threatened by, listen carefully to the state-run media -- not to the politicians themselves.

Boxcar

newtothegame
11-02-2011, 05:20 PM
New, what has been happening to this country in baby steps for many decades is SOCIALISM. Now, Obama and the Dems have taken us to the very edge of the cliff with ObamaCare that will become full-blown, second rate socialized medicine if it's not repealed. The last thing this country needs is more baby steps because a RINO will not take those steps to the right consistently. Oh, yes, a guy like Romney might go one step to the right, two to the left, another step to the right and then 3 more to the left, etc. But even if Romney were to mark time, and didn't take this country much to the right or left, what's going to happen in the next election if a real hard core leftist gets elected again?

And since you have conceded that Romney is a RINO, how is his political philosophy going to impact his Supreme Court nominations, if he gets to make any? This is especially critical if a conservative justice must be replaced! Would he recommend another "centrist" to the court! Would he replace the conservative with another Kennedy type on the court, so that now the court would consist of 3 libs, 2 conservatives and 2 "centrists". Just how often do you think both centrists would see cases the same way as their conservative colleagues? What are the chances of that happening!?

Finally, if the majority of the people of this nation don't have a real sense of the imminent political and economic dangers that lay immediately ahead and they think a RINO is going is to deliver this nation from its many perils, then, as far as I'm concerned, they deserve to reap the fruits of their deception. Let this people perish for their lack of knowledge. But I will not participate in these voters' folly!

Boxcar
Box, I agree with most everything you're saying. Problem is you're looking at it from one side. Every story has TWO sides. You even go so far as to say what if this country were to elect another on the far left...I don't see that happening. Because of BO and his policies, the far left and far right are considered too extreme right now. And sorry, just because you don't agree with a rhino..(neither do I all the time), a rhino doesnt usually take one step right and two left and one roight three left...thats not a rhino. You have it reversed. Its usually one left TWO right...one left three right....THEY ARE RIGHT of center.....
I would gladly take someone who will lean more right then left over what we have if that can get them elected. We already know that NO ONE electable will garner a majority of " I LOVE THIS GUY". That's why they are electable.
You have defended Cain here a lot...now today a THIRD has come out and aid Harrassment.
You said you wouldnt VOTE evil....so do you support womanizing? Cause sorry, the guy has flipped his story from I dont know anything they got paid...to a couple of months of pay...to know more are coming forward.....
He handled it badly and now it will only get worse for him....
Point is, EVERYONE has skeletons....this will come down to who has the least amount!
But I respect your choice NOT to vote....Just don't agree with it. I am currently sitting on a grand jury (doing my duty for 6 months).....and I am not so sure I could live with a decision I had willingly made to not vote and a guy walked. Now I know those are two totally different scenarios and probably a bad analogy...but you get my drift.
In local elections, sometimes the decisions are made based on a FEW votes. I would hate to see someone I TOTALLY oppose ( as you do BO) get elected because someone chose NOT to vote!
Anyway.. have a great day...and thanks for reading!

boxcar
11-02-2011, 07:06 PM
If this is true, Perry is toast.

Cain Chief Of Staff Calls On Perry Campaign, Politico To Apologize

And if it's true, just how much do RINOs and DEMs differ from one another, again?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/11/02/cain_chief_of_staff_calls_on_perry_campaign_politi co_to_apologize.html

Boxcar

forced89
11-02-2011, 07:30 PM
I like Cain, but he doesn't have a chance of getting the Nomination. IMO Romney at a critical time will say "Nominate me. I'm the only one who can win" and he will get the Nomination.

newtothegame
11-02-2011, 09:34 PM
If this is true, Perry is toast.

Cain Chief Of Staff Calls On Perry Campaign, Politico To Apologize

And if it's true, just how much do RINOs and DEMs differ from one another, again?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/11/02/cain_chief_of_staff_calls_on_perry_campaign_politi co_to_apologize.html

Boxcar

Does Steve Deace work for the Perry Campaign as well??
"Steve Deace, a conservative radio talk show host in Iowa, said that Cain had made "awkward" and "inappropriate" comments to two women who worked at his station, but that he had chosen not to make the information public."
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/herman-cains-accusers/story?id=14867409&page=2

Listen, I like Cain as well.....but as more and more is learned, he handled (and continues) to handle this badly.
Now it's THREE women and a perry campaign guy AND a conservative radio host....
It will come to light now, no matter what! He needs to throw it all out on the table NOW and let it take its course. I know, there is a double standard when it comes to the MM and holding dems to the same standard. But, guess what...It wont change. So all Republicans, conservatives, whatever needs to understand this and be forth right when it comes to anything that can be considered a hinderance. Otherwise, they will get eaten alive by the media.

lsbets
11-02-2011, 09:48 PM
When I read the Politico story, I thought it was crap. Too many blanks left to fill in, the story was not ready to be run.

Then I saw Cain's campaign (and Cain himself) give 4or 5 different answers throughout one day. This has been a pattern with Cain. Herman Cain is not ready to be President. In 08 we elected someone who was not ready for the job and look at what happened. Electing Cain would be making the same mistake from the right.

Tom
11-02-2011, 10:13 PM
How do people be so stupid as to think they can hide or deny anything?
Does it ever occur to anyone to just man up and move on?

Character is a lacking trait in all politicians.

newtothegame
11-02-2011, 10:21 PM
How do people be so stupid as to think they can hide or deny anything?
Does it ever occur to anyone to just man up and move on?

Character is a lacking trait in all politicians.

Thanks Tom....it's what I have been saying here...doesnt matter if its left or right of the aisle..man up, take your lumps and move on! :ThmbUp:

Robert Goren
11-02-2011, 11:15 PM
As liberal I am loving the finger pointing. Cain is blaming Perry. Perry is saying why us and not Romney. One thing is pretty sure, another republican is behind it. So much for the media picking on a Black conservative. It is all about the dirty world of republican politics. No democrat would stoop this low, we don't have to, a fellow republican will do our dirty work for us if we just give them enough time.

lsbets
11-02-2011, 11:18 PM
No democrat would stoop this low, we don't have to, a fellow republican will do our dirty work for us if we just give them enough time.

Do you ever know what you're talking about?

Willie Horton? Dems brought him up.

Birther issue? Started with Hillary fans.

boxcar
11-02-2011, 11:30 PM
Another 4 years of the Big O if any or all of the following happens:

1. Ron Paul runs as an Independent a la Ralph Nader.

2. Romney is the opponent.

3. The "Boxcar" voters stay home because they don't have a perfect candidate (see 2. above).

I firmly believe that Cain can beat Obama, but Romney can't.

Ocala Mike

And this is why that attack dogs (MM) are out in force to do Cain in. They know what the score is. Cain would beat Obama in Landslide! I have no doubt about this whatsoever for many reasons. For one thing, Cain would steal his share of black voters. Not many. But even as few as 10% would seal Obama's doom.

In fact, Cain would beat Obama if Paul were to run as an Independent. That's how confident I am.

Boxcar

lsbets
11-02-2011, 11:37 PM
If Cain got the nomination, Obama's win would make Reagan's reelection look like a squeaker.

boxcar
11-02-2011, 11:39 PM
When I read the Politico story, I thought it was crap. Too many blanks left to fill in, the story was not ready to be run.

Then I saw Cain's campaign (and Cain himself) give 4or 5 different answers throughout one day. This has been a pattern with Cain. Herman Cain is not ready to be President. In 08 we elected someone who was not ready for the job and look at what happened. Electing Cain would be making the same mistake from the right.

BO had much more going against him in '08 than "not ready". Many people had BO pegged 100% before the election that he was a Marxist. And he certainly has lived up to that label, doing all he can these last few years to "fundamentally transform the face of America". The time to worry about Cain is when he comes out and expresses that kind of disdain for America and her traditional values. Or when he comes out and tells us that the U.S. Constitution is fundamentally flawed. Other than these kinds of things, your irrational paranoia only makes you sound like you're afraid of your own shadow.

Boxcar

boxcar
11-02-2011, 11:47 PM
If Cain got the nomination, Obama's win would make Reagan's reelection look like a squeaker.

If Cain gets the nomination, be sure to contact me to get down for a friendly wager of any size you wish to make. I'm here for you. ;)

Boxcar

lsbets
11-02-2011, 11:55 PM
BO had much more going against him in '08 than "not ready". Many people had BO pegged 100% before the election that he was a Marxist. And he certainly has lived up to that label, doing all he can these last few years to "fundamentally transform the face of America". The time to worry about Cain is when he comes out and expresses that kind of disdain for America and her traditional values. Or when he comes out and tells us that the U.S. Constitution is fundamentally flawed. Other than these kinds of things, your irrational paranoia only makes you sound like you're afraid of your own shadow.

Boxcar

Really? So you think Cain handled this well? Knowing that this was out there, that he had his campaign staff ready for it before it broke? You're okay with him saying one thing in the morning and the opposite at night? And this isn't the first time this has happened with him. You're okay with him saying abortion should be illegal one minute but that its a families choice the next? Or my favorite - the 999 plan was put together by a team of economic experts that will remain unnamed. Then when the team is named its a friggin stock broker from Cleveland.

The guy is a joke. The worst thing that happened to him was shooting up in the polls. If he would have stayed around 10% he would have had some good will that he could bank on. Now that the spotlight is on him, its obvious that he is not ready. Personally I don't think he ever thought this would happen. He figured he could get his name out there, sell some books, get some stations added for his radio gig, and get picked up by Fox to be a commentator. It was a brilliant plan, but the GOP field is so weak, that he became the latest not Romney.

In the long run, the harassment thing will blow over, but the damage to his candidacy has been done. The latest he stays in the race is March 1st. He's probably out a couple of weeks before then.

What are you going to say when he endorses Romney?

lsbets
11-02-2011, 11:59 PM
If Cain gets the nomination, be sure to contact me to get down for a friendly wager of any size you wish to make. I'm here for you. ;)

Boxcar

I'll make the wager right now. My house. It's a 9 year old custom home in a gated community. 3800 square feet on a 1 acre lot. 4 bedrooms, 3 full baths, 3 living areas, 3 car garage. Hell, I'll throw in my cars too. 04 Mustang and an 09 Escalade. What are you gonna put up?

bigmack
11-03-2011, 12:03 AM
Nice line. :ThmbUp: Good use of squeaker.

lsbets
11-03-2011, 12:06 AM
Nice line. :ThmbUp: Good use of squeaker.

I had McDonald's on Halloween for the first time in about a year. There's been a lot of squeakers here.

boxcar
11-03-2011, 12:17 AM
Really? So you think Cain handled this well? Knowing that this was out there, that he had his campaign staff ready for it before it broke? You're okay with him saying one thing in the morning and the opposite at night? And this isn't the first time this has happened with him. You're okay with him saying abortion should be illegal one minute but that its a families choice the next? Or my favorite - the 999 plan was put together by a team of economic experts that will remain unnamed. Then when the team is named its a friggin stock broker from Cleveland.

The guy is a joke. The worst thing that happened to him was shooting up in the polls. If he would have stayed around 10% he would have had some good will that he could bank on. Now that the spotlight is on him, its obvious that he is not ready. Personally I don't think he ever thought this would happen. He figured he could get his name out there, sell some books, get some stations added for his radio gig, and get picked up by Fox to be a commentator. It was a brilliant plan, but the GOP field is so weak, that he became the latest not Romney.

In the long run, the harassment thing will blow over, but the damage to his candidacy has been done. The latest he stays in the race is March 1st. He's probably out a couple of weeks before then.

What are you going to say when he endorses Romney?

Let me be clear: I would rather have a neophyte politician who is taking his lumps (but he can take punches) over any unprincipled, self-serving establishment RINO any day of the week. Not saying that Cain is perfect. No one is. But in this weak field, the guy is an angel compared to the fools against whom he is running.

Why would I be surprised if loses and he endorses Romney? He'd probably get behind any candidate who won it, otherwise he'd come off as a sore loser.

And one other thing: Besides Romney being the quintessential RINO, what is even more unsettling from things I've read and heard is that he wants the job too much. I think Romney could be on a huge power trip. Another narcissist is exactly what this nation doesn't need at this critical time in our history.

Boxcar

lsbets
11-03-2011, 12:26 AM
Box - I am not a Romney guy. I want to see someone who actually believes in smaller government. If I were a primary voter, that would leave my choices at Paul and Johnson. Paul is too cooky for me. Johnson has zero support. Out of the rest, my choice would be Newt.

If principle matters to you, look up an NPR interview with Ron Paul's medical partner. Paul had two rules - no abortions, and no federal money. If a medicare or medicaid patient came in, they treated her just like their other patients, but did not charge them. Did all of their procedures, delivered their babies, did their surgeries, all free of charge. Paul has principles.

newtothegame
11-03-2011, 12:28 AM
Let me be clear: I would rather have a neophyte politician who is taking his lumps (but he can take punches) over any unprincipled, self-serving establishment RINO any day of the week. Not saying that Cain is perfect. No one is. But in this weak field, the guy is an angel compared to the fools against whom he is running.

Why would I be surprised if loses and he endorses Romney? He'd probably get behind any candidate who won it, otherwise he'd come off as a sore loser.

And one other thing: Besides Romney being the quintessential RINO, what is even more unsettling from things I've read and heard is that he wants the job too much. I think Romney could be on a huge power trip. Another narcissist is exactly what this nation doesn't need at this critical time in our history.

Boxcar

All of them want the job box....that's why they are running!
And to say you would take Cain over "any unprincipled"....how do you really think Cain looks right now? A guy who says one thing (as lsbets pointed out) in the morning and something different at night?
Cain, if he gets the nomination, will get my vote. Don't get me wrong....but I really think with him flipping on abortion, and now this issue with the apparent sexual abuse of power, will have a hard time with the evangelicals. Who else knows what will come out as Cain leads in the major polls?
Anyway, I have more then beat this horse to death.....
Either way, I WILL vote for the repub nomination. Cain, Romney, Newt....doesnt matter to me. All of the Above would wipe the floor with BO and start this country back on a path to recovery!

bigmack
11-03-2011, 12:36 AM
If principle matters to you, look up an NPR interview with Ron Paul's medical partner. Paul had two rules - no abortions, and no federal money. If a medicare or medicaid patient came in, they treated her just like their other patients, but did not charge them. Did all of their procedures, delivered their babies, did their surgeries, all free of charge. Paul has principles.
That was a nice story. RP has major principles.

No chance. But....

Eventually Paul got so busy he took on a partner. Jack Pruett, who was then fresh out of his obstetrics/gynecology residency, says when he first sat down in Paul's office, he was told there were two stipulations he would have to agree to before joining the practice.

"He said, 'No. 1 is we will not perform any abortions.' And I said, 'That's fine; I can live with that. What's No. 2?' " he remembers.

No. 2, says Pruett, was that the practice would not participate in any federal health programs, which meant, as Paul described it, "that we will see all Medicare and Medicaid patients free of charge, and they will be treated just like all of our other patients, but we're not going to charge them and accept federal funds."

Still in debt from his medical training, Pruett said that was a little harder for him to swallow. "But I liked Ron, so I decided that I would agree to that, too. And in all those 20 years, we never accepted one penny of federal money. We saw all those patients for free, delivered their babies free, did their surgeries free; whatever they needed we did, and we didn't charge them."

Of course, Lake Jackson being a small town, occasionally Paul would get paid in other ways.

"Some of the people would bring chickens, or they would bring vegetables from their garden if they couldn't afford to pay for their obstetrical fee," recalls Richard Hardoin, a pediatrician who used to care for the babies Paul delivered.

http://www.npr.org/2011/10/25/141653000/before-he-delivered-for-voters-paul-delivered-babies

Greyfox
11-03-2011, 02:17 AM
Unfortunately for Herman his troubles are coming to more of a boil.
A third woman is making allegations, another wants to be free to tell her side of the story to the press.
Me thinks they have him by the "short curlies."
He'll have to be a reincarnated Houdini to resurrect himself from the quagmire that he is in.
Certainly he had to see this coming. If he didn't, he's too naive to be President.
If he did, why wasn't he better prepared to deal with it and move on?

Lefty
11-03-2011, 02:23 AM
Annonymous allegations don't mount to a hill of beans. Maybe he didn't see it coming because he didn't do anything.
I have to see lots more than this B.S. to blve he's in trouble.

Tom
11-03-2011, 07:43 AM
Unfortunately, his reaction is far more important than the event itself.

Newt.......step it up a notch - put these boys to bed early and take the reigns.

Greyfox
11-03-2011, 09:52 AM
Annonymous allegations don't mount to a hill of beans. Maybe he didn't see it coming because he didn't do anything.
I have to see lots more than this B.S. to blve he's in trouble.

He may not have done much, but the Nat Rest. Assoc. paid 5 figure payouts to two of the women. Some GOP consultant in Oklahoma (Wilson?) who was also a consultant to the NRA says he was there when one of the incidents took place.
The hill of beans is higher than you think.

boxcar
11-03-2011, 11:08 AM
Unfortunately for Herman his troubles are coming to more of a boil.
A third woman is making allegations, another wants to be free to tell her side of the story to the press.
Me thinks they have him by the "short curlies."
He'll have to be a reincarnated Houdini to resurrect himself from the quagmire that he is in.
Certainly he had to see this coming. If he didn't, he's too naive to be President.
If he did, why wasn't he better prepared to deal with it and move on?

Right now EVERYTHING are allegations. Even the one case where some woman made the allegation, Cain was NOT involved in the process. Cain didn't even sign the "settlement" papers. The settlement wasn't between him and the woman and the "settlement" consisted of severance pay and a year's pay. And the parties to this "settlement" signed a confidentiality agreement, to which again, I don't believe Cain was a party (but I could be wrong.). The parties involved the woman's attorney ant the insurance company for the NRA.

Boxcar

boxcar
11-03-2011, 11:13 AM
Box - I am not a Romney guy.

You know what they say about ducks, right? If it walks like one, quacks like and one... You surely sound like a Romney Duck. You've been in his camp from day one.

Boxcar

boxcar
11-03-2011, 11:18 AM
I'll make the wager right now. My house. It's a 9 year old custom home in a gated community. 3800 square feet on a 1 acre lot. 4 bedrooms, 3 full baths, 3 living areas, 3 car garage. Hell, I'll throw in my cars too. 04 Mustang and an 09 Escalade. What are you gonna put up?

So, for the record...you're saying that if Cain gets the nomination, you're going to vote for Obama or not vote at all? And just why would that be? Because the Romney guy you claim you don't like didn't win the nom? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Robert Goren
11-03-2011, 11:25 AM
Right now EVERYTHING are allegations. Even the one case where some woman made the allegation, Cain was NOT involved in the process. Cain didn't even sign the "settlement" papers. The settlement wasn't between him and the woman and the "settlement" consisted of severance pay and a year's pay. And the parties to this "settlement" signed a confidentiality agreement, to which again, I don't believe Cain was a party (but I could be wrong.). The parties involved the woman's attorney ant the insurance company for the NRA.

Boxcar Where you did you get that information. I have heard that he might have not been involved in the settlement, but I have never heard anyone say that definatively. I find it really hard to believe he was not envolved in the settlement process since he was the CEO and would have had to ok any settlement even if he didn't actually sign the papers. Unless of course, he just was a figure head CEO at the NRA and had no real power.

lsbets
11-03-2011, 11:38 AM
You know what they say about ducks, right? If it walks like one, quacks like and one... You surely sound like a Romney Duck. You've been in his camp from day one.

Boxcar

Could you show me where I've said that I'm for Romney? Please put in the effort. Give it a try Box, go for it.

lsbets
11-03-2011, 11:39 AM
So, for the record...you're saying that if Cain gets the nomination, you're going to vote for Obama or not vote at all? And just why would that be? Because the Romney guy you claim you don't like didn't win the nom? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Cain will not get the nomination.

lsbets
11-03-2011, 11:46 AM
Where you did you get that information. I have heard that he might have not been involved in the settlement, but I have never heard anyone say that definatively. I find it really hard to believe he was not envolved in the settlement process since he was the CEO and would have had to ok any settlement even if he didn't actually sign the papers. Unless of course, he just was a figure head CEO at the NRA and had no real power.

You and I might be in agreement here on how silly Box is sounding.

On the one hand, he should be President because he was a great CEO. (of a company I never heard of till he started running).

On the other hand, even though he was such a great CEO, he had no knowledge of the NRA paying hush money to women who alleged harassment on his part.

A great CEO would know about the organization pissing money away. So the defense that he did not know about the settlements doesn't match up with the assertions that he was a great CEO.

boxcar
11-03-2011, 12:00 PM
Where you did you get that information. I have heard that he might have not been involved in the settlement, but I have never heard anyone say that definatively. I find it really hard to believe he was not envolved in the settlement process since he was the CEO and would have had to ok any settlement even if he didn't actually sign the papers. Unless of course, he just was a figure head CEO at the NRA and had no real power.

The settlement was not between him and his company. It was between the National Restaurant Association's insurance company and the woman. The way these things very often work is that the Insurance Company takes complete control of the situation and often opts to just pay out because it's cheaper than going to court. This is why the accuser almost always insists on the inclusion of a confidentiality clause in any agreement or settlement. The clause benefits her more because it protects her future job prospects.

These are the kinds of things that happen when a society loses its moral spine and won't stand on principle -- even in situations when the charges are completely bogus. Big corporations look at these kinds of things as merely the cost of doing business.

Boxcar

Tom
11-03-2011, 12:48 PM
The good news if the debate process allows us to properly vet our candidates.

The bad news is we vetted our candidates.

boxcar
11-04-2011, 01:16 AM
You and I might be in agreement here on how silly Box is sounding.

On the one hand, he should be President because he was a great CEO. (of a company I never heard of till he started running).

On the other hand, even though he was such a great CEO, he had no knowledge of the NRA paying hush money to women who alleged harassment on his part.

A great CEO would know about the organization pissing money away. So the defense that he did not know about the settlements doesn't match up with the assertions that he was a great CEO.

It's evident that you don't understand how these things work in a big corporation. These corporations have insurance coverage for these kinds of matters. The insurance company's lawyers took over immediately after the complaint was filed and it was out of Cain's hands, as well as the corporation's from that point forward. The insurance company, for the sake of litigation costs considerations, thought it expedient to agree to severance pay compensation and agreed to include a confidentiality clause in the agreement with the woman. Cain was neither a party or a signatory to any of these legal agreements which the insurance company made on behalf of the Association!

It stands to reason that Cain would not have been privy to many of the details involved in this matter due to that confidentiality clause. He might not have even known the name of the woman! Once the case goes to the insurance company and is signed and settled, it's a sealed and done deal; and anyone who was not a signatory had no need to know anything further pertaining to the matter. It would hardly be in the insurance company's best best financial interests to risk a breach of the agreement.

Boxcar

Lefty
11-04-2011, 01:34 AM
It's interesting to know that the media frenzy over this was unmatched by all
the real named women that made allegations against Clinton. The media hardly gave those women any coverage at all, but these anonymous allegations against Cain have the media beside themselves.
But there's no media bias. Yeah, right...

newtothegame
11-04-2011, 02:18 AM
the real named women that made allegations against Clinton. The media hardly gave those women any coverage at all, but these anonymous allegations against Cain have the media beside themselves.

Lefty...as I said in a previous post, EVERYONE in the U.S knows there is a media bias. Now the conservatives, republicans can sit and cry about it all day if they like. But, IT ISNT GOING TO CHANGE!
The conservatives and repugs need to stay on topic and blast OBAMA with his policies and his socialist agenda.
Or they can cry about the media and let this coming election slip away.

Greyfox
11-04-2011, 02:19 AM

Absolutely true.
But the internet is much more of a force now than when BC was in.
This story got legs at a website (politico.com).

Tom
11-04-2011, 10:18 AM
Shows the dreggs on the left are scared to death of Herman.
Hard to argue with him when he makes sense and Obama has not only a record of failure, but a culture of corruption as his calling cards.

FantasticDan
11-04-2011, 11:20 AM
Shows the dreggs on the left are scared to death of HermanPetrified of Palin, panic-stricken of Perry, corpse-ified of Christie, now all hand-ringy over Herman. Who will be the next righty wraith to terrify the leftist dregs?? :eek: :blush: :eek: :lol:

Tom
11-04-2011, 11:37 AM
Laugh if you will, but it Sara and Herman who are talking the issues while the dreggs spend their time villifying, demonizing, attacking....anything at all to avoid taking the issues, on which they have nothing but failure to point to. :lol:

boxcar
11-04-2011, 11:44 AM
Absolutely true.
But the internet is much more of a force now than when BC was in.
This story got legs at a website (politico.com).

We should all be praying daily on our knees for the politicos of the world them to throw out more trash to the public. The "legs" to their gutter garbage angered thinking people and enriched Cain's campaign!

Boxcar

boxcar
11-04-2011, 12:30 PM
Cain did not sign settlement, accuser's lawyer says

The settlement agreement between the National Restaurant Association and a woman who accused Herman Cain of sexual harassment was reached in September 1999--and was not signed by Cain himself, according to Joel Bennett, a lawyer for the woman..

The story goes to say that the complaint was handled so fast (which suggests to me the woman was simply gaming the legal system and out to make a fast buck) that Cain not only had already left the Association before the deal was reached, but may have left the the NRA even before the complaint was filed! It seems to me that if the complaint had any legs, the woman would have hung in there to fight for a much more lucrative pot.

Cain left the association June 30, 1999, according to the NRA. Under that timeline, Cain would have been gone when the settlement was reached--and may well have been gone when she filed the complaint.

Under these kinds of circumstances, it's easy to understand how Cain's memory after 12 years was fuzzy on details.

The pursuit of fast settlements on either side of an issue tells me that there's probably something is going on that is not entirely kosher.

Many moons ago a driver pulled out in front of me. while I was on my rice burner, and I wound up sailing over the hood of her car. The cops came to the scene. Reports were filed. I went to the hospital to get checked out, etc. After I had contacted my lawyer, I don't think 60 days had passed before the woman's insurance company contacted my lawyer wanting to settle with me. They knew they were on the hook for much bigger bucks, so they tried to do everything they could to get out from under as soon as possible.

This quick fix approach works both ways in civil matters. When a shrewd accuser, looking to game the system, makes a false allegation or an exaggerated one, they know that companies will often want to save expensive litigation costs. These companies are prone to take an expedient approach to try to cut down on those costs by quickly offering a "settlement". This, in all probability, is what happened in this case.

Now that these facts are starting to come out and we find there's not much to this story and that the media is probably not going to find out more details due to the confidentiality agreement, the next thing the media will do is place the actual serious allegations on the back burner and focus, instead, on how poorly Cain handled the media. :rolleyes:

The rest of the story is here:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57318500-503544/cain-did-not-sign-settlement-accusers-lawyer-says/%20http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504564_162-57318500-504564/cain-did-not-sign-settlement-accusers-lawyer-says/

Boxcar

Greyfox
11-04-2011, 12:53 PM
Cain did not sign settlement, accuser's lawyer says

Cain left the association June 30, 1999, according to the NRA. Under that timeline, Cain would have been gone when the settlement was reached--and may well have been gone when she filed the complaint.

Now that these facts are starting to come out and we find there's not much to this story and that the media is probably not going to find out more details due to the confidentiality agreement.......
Boxcar

All of this begs the questions:

1. Why did Cain leave the NRA?
2. Why would the NRA shell out 5 figure payments for a CEO no longer in their employ? (Yes I know sometimes these things cost more to fight than to settle, but s0metimes they don't.)
3. There are now three women pointing fingers at Herman. No??
How many more??

By the way, I think it's "criminal" to bring allegations such as these up 12 years later. That's water under the bridge that's long gone.

boxcar
11-04-2011, 02:12 PM
All of this begs the questions:

1. Why did Cain leave the NRA?
2. Why would the NRA shell out 5 figure payments for a CEO no longer in their employ? (Yes I know sometimes these things cost more to fight than to settle, but s0metimes they don't.)
3. There are now three women pointing fingers at Herman. No??
How many more??

By the way, I think it's "criminal" to bring allegations such as these up 12 years later. That's water under the bridge that's long gone.

EXCUSE ME!

Give me the names of these women. What are the specific details to their allegations? Why aren't all these poor victims coming forward to shout their story from the rooftops for the whole world to hear? What's stopping them? They have signed confidentiality agreements, too? :rolleyes: You really can't recognize a media hit job when it's staring you in the face? Are you this gullible!?

I think at this point, you simply want to believe what you want to believe. Heck, the media still hasn't come out with any specific details surrounding this "settlement" issue. Even the MM realizes the original story has no legs, which makes them smarter than you! Now their attention is no longer on the original allegations but instead on Cain's "unprofessional, amateurish" response. Rush has it right when he says the media is ticked off good because Cain didn't try a slick cover up! :rolleyes:

As far as the money goes, I have explained how these things work in the real business world! (Not that I agree with these kinds of unprincipled responses or solutions, but it is what it is.) Even though the complaint was probably frivolous in nature, it was still less costly to settle out of court then it would have been to take the case to court. You really don't understand this? Why do you think the insurance company of the woman responsible for my accident was so eager to settle very quickly out of court? They wanted to settle yesterday -- they were so eager!

Boxcar

Greyfox
11-04-2011, 03:36 PM
EXCUSE ME!

Give me the names of these women. What are the specific details to their allegations? Why aren't all these poor victims coming forward to shout their story from the rooftops for the whole world to hear? What's stopping them? They have signed confidentiality agreements, too? :rolleyes: You really can't recognize a media hit job when it's staring you in the face? Are you this gullible!?

I think at this point, you simply want to believe what you want to believe.

Your accident is about as relevant to this as cheese is to tobacco. Oh, I forgot, both can be aged.

That these allegations are out there so many years after whatever took place is despicable. I feel sorry for Herman.

But the fact is those allegations are out there.
Something took place, maybe frivolous, maybe not.
There's a pretty reasonable probability the names of those women will surface yet. The specifics may as well.
You can say that this is a media hit job all you want. But look at the number of posts in this forum and you'll soon see why the media is tuning in to this story. You for one are a heavy contributor to keeping the fire stoked, even if you are writing it off.
If there is nothing to it, Mr. Cain is in a good position to sue politico and others.
Do you think that he will sue???
My bet is that he won't.
From what I can determine, your accusation of me just wanting to believe what I believe is fine by me. I'm willing to watch what's coming out yet before I say nothing happened or there is nothing to it.

Tom
11-04-2011, 03:51 PM
Let the women come forward and swear their stories under oath.
Until then, shut up, bitches.

Lefty
11-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Allegations are just that, allegations. Until someone can name any of the women and name any specific act, then this just remains a witch hunt.
What is deplorable is that the so called mainstream press has just become a bunch of pimps for the dimocrat party and have been so for a long time.
As Judge Marilyn Milyan is fond of saying," I wouldn't believe them if
their tongues came notorized."

boxcar
11-04-2011, 04:22 PM
Your accident is about as relevant to this as cheese is to tobacco. Oh, I forgot, both can be aged.

It is completely relevant -- just two different sides to same coin! In my case, I was wronged and the insurance wanted to settle quickly to avoid litigation costs. In Cain's case, he was probably unjustly accused and the insurance company wanted to settle quickly to also avoid litigation costs.

That these allegations are out there so many years after whatever took place is despicable. I feel sorry for Herman.

But the fact is those allegations are out there.
Something took place, maybe frivolous, maybe not.
There's a pretty reasonable probability the names of those women will surface yet. The specifics may as well.
You can say that this is a media hit job all you want. But look at the number of posts in this forum and you'll soon see why the media is tuning in to this story. You for one are a heavy contributor to keeping the fire stoked, even if you are writing it off.
If there is nothing to it, Mr. Cain is in a good position to sue politico and others.
Do you think that he will sue???
My bet is that he won't.
From what I can determine, your accusation of me just wanting to believe what I believe is fine by me. I'm willing to watch what's coming out yet before I say nothing happened or there is nothing to it.

I don't believe you're this dense, so you're probably being obtuse and I'll give you this benefit of the doubt. You wrote:

Sue!? On WHAT GROUNDS!? Politico has very carefully NOT put anything out there in print to give him any grounds for suing! :bang: :bang: It's all been allegations! Politico itself has not accused Cain of anything specifically! You know why? Because they don't have anything! If they had anything of substance on which to hang their hat, they would have put it in print long before now.

If Politico, tomorrow, comes out with another story that 5 more women have "come forward" with more allegations, I suppose you'd be gasping for air and would ask to be rushed to the emergency room because all these baseless allegations are just too much for your poor ticker to take. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: . And they are baseless in my mind until I see some concrete evidence. Just because a sleaze outfit like Politico claims there are numerous allegations out there doesn't mean that it is necessarily so. The onus is on the Politico to make the case and write the story -- if there is a real story. How is Cain supposed to prove a negative? :bang: :bang: Answer me on this.

All Politico is trying to do is pressure Cain to close up shop, fold up his tent and leave the race. That was always their objective and will be their objective, which I think is going to backfire big time because there are a lot of critical thinkers out there who are able to see this for what it is. And the reason it's going to backfire is because Politico misjudged the character of Cain. He's not a coward. He's not a wimp. He's not going to run with his tail between his legs.

Boxcar

boxcar
11-04-2011, 04:24 PM
Allegations are just that, allegations. Until someone can name any of the women and name any specific act, then this just remains a witch hunt.
What is deplorable is that the so called mainstream press has just become a bunch of pimps for the dimocrat party and have been so for a long time.
As Judge Marilyn Milyan is fond of saying," I wouldn't believe them if
their tongues came notorized."

Thank you very much. That makes three of us on this forum that get it -- you, Tom and yours truly.

Boxcar

Greyfox
11-04-2011, 04:38 PM
Boxcar.
I get it too, and more.
You make it sound easy for any woman to point the finger at a CEO and walk away with easy money, hush money so to speak.
Wanna buy a bridge?

boxcar
11-04-2011, 05:20 PM
Boxcar.
I get it too, and more.
You make it sound easy for any woman to point the finger at a CEO and walk away with easy money, hush money so to speak.
Wanna buy a bridge?

Thanks to the politically correct laws on the books, it is infinitely easier today to file false lawsuits than ti was in the past. All a woman has to do is today is know how to game the system. This kind of stuff happens frequently.

I know someone who was involved in a similar situation. This guy is a personal friend of mine who I have known for about 10 years. He works for a big company in the retail industry. He was a manager -- in fact, a very bright recent college grad who finished at the top of his class (but I digress). And he was a no-nonsense, shoot-straight-from-the-hip, mince-no-words type manager who demanded that the people under him produce -- in other words, earn their pay (a novel idea to some). Some young female cashier apparently took umbrage with that kind of audacious policy and direct approach, so she filed a complaint with the store manager that my buddy had made unwelcomed and untoward remarks to her.

My buddy was called into his boss' office and confronted with the complaint, to which he flatly denied there being a shred of truth. But the store manager (even though he personally believed him) had to follow protocol and call in HRS to investigate. To make a long story short, HRS reacted very differently. They "believed" the cashier. The girl stayed in the store. But my buddy was transferred out to a store out in the boonies many miles from where he lived. And after he got to the store, it appears the store manager there might have been instructed to give my friends the craziest shifts he could. My friend saw the handwriting on the wall. The company wanted him out, but they also didn't want to fire him on the cashier's baseless, unprovable allegations (because it was merely her word against his -- no witnesses) because if they fired him, he would collect unemployment compensation and the company's insurance would go up. So, this was their way of forcing him out of the company. And he did indeed leave not many weeks after the transfer.

So, if you think that it isn't all that easy in this day and age of endless litigation, with all the crappy PC laws in the name of "woman's rights" on the books, you're dead wrong. You look at a woman cross-eyed in the workplace today and she doesn't like you for one reason or another, she can make your life hellish.

And this isn't the only story like this that I know of either. And most of them have similar endings. In most cases the benefit of the doubt will be given to the woman claiming to have been victimized, unless it can clearly be proven otherwise.

Boxcar

Lefty
11-04-2011, 05:26 PM
It's interesting to note that none of these women ever filed charges of sexual harassment with any authority. Doesn't sound credible to me.
But Chris Mathews said that Cain "is clearly guilty of something."
REALLY. No, names, no formal charges, but he's guilty?
You can bet the liberal media will keep this none story alive as long as they can.
They will keep up the allegations and inuendo without a shred of proof. That's who they are. And sadly, what they have become.

Tom
11-04-2011, 05:32 PM
Well, in Chrissy's demented little world, probably,
But Chrissy have never been accused of being overly bright.
Wonder if his leg is tingling over this one?

Greyfox
11-04-2011, 05:37 PM
BOXCAR-I'm aware this happens and worse.
Someone throws dirt on a man and then screams "Look at that dirty old man."
But in your friend's instance, there were no payouts and you only have his side of the story.

At any rate the best GUIDE for the married man is DENY, DENY, DENY.

MZmnXIN_Rb4&feature

lsbets
11-04-2011, 05:50 PM
Wow. You guys make it sound like the story published by Politico is false. Too bad that by the fourth iteration of his response, Cain himself confirmed that the story is true. Two women accused him of sexual harassment and were paid hush money by the NRA.

I don't care about the allegations until I know more. What concerns me is that Cain wasn't ready and did not prepare his staff for something he had to know would come out. He has an appalling lack of policy knowledge, and appears incapable of handling a crisis, and you guys are defending him like he is the next coming of Reagan. Wow. The Republican Party is screwed.

Robert Goren
11-04-2011, 06:03 PM
This story is covering up Cain's total lack of knowledge. How does someone not know that China has had the A-Bomb for over 55 years. Not only do they have it, but they could deliver it.

bigmack
11-04-2011, 06:07 PM
One of the women who accused Republican presidential contender Herman Cain of sexual harassment released a statement through her lawyer Friday saying that she "stands by" her complaint, which was made "in good faith about a series of inappropriate behaviors and unwanted advances."

Bennett said his client, married for 26 years, will not reveal her identity because "she and her husband see no value in revisiting this matter now nor in discussing the matter any further publicly or privately."
http://www.news4jax.com/election-2012/Lawyer-Cain-accuser-sees-no-value-in-revisiting-case/-/1875986/4445738/-/e2054/-/
=======================

How much is too much? Politico broke the Cain sexual harassment story last Sunday night, launching organization wide coverage filling up a full week of heavy coverage on their scoop.

Since the scandal broke, the political reporting juggernaut has published at least 90 online stories on further developments and public reaction to the story.
http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/politico-publishes-90-stories-cain-scandal

Lefty
11-04-2011, 06:08 PM
lsbets, well you will never see polico or any other liberal putting out such a story on dimocrats, based on allegations and unnamed sources.
Cain, has answered the questions as honestly as he could.
Also these women have never made any formal charges to any authority anywhere! So why would Cain or anyone in his campaign expect this to come out? What's came out? Nothing of substance!
Also the money given to them was not a sexual harrasment settlement but a settlement of termination.

Robert Goren
11-04-2011, 06:12 PM
The NRA paid a pretty good sum of money to make this go way. Then shortly after, Cain left their employ. You don't need a magnifying glass to read between lines.

Lefty
11-04-2011, 06:13 PM
One of the women who accused Republican presidential contender Herman Cain of sexual harassment released a statement through her lawyer Friday saying that she "stands by" her complaint, which was made "in good faith about a series of inappropriate behaviors and unwanted advances."

Bennett said his client, married for 26 years, will not reveal her identity because "she and her husband see no value in revisiting this matter now nor in discussing the matter any further publicly or privately."
http://www.news4jax.com/election-2012/Lawyer-Cain-accuser-sees-no-value-in-revisiting-case/-/1875986/4445738/-/e2054/-/
=======================

How much is too much? Politico broke the Cain sexual harassment story last Sunday night, launching organization wide coverage filling up a full week of heavy coverage on their scoop.

Since the scandal broke, the political reporting juggernaut has published at least 90 online stories on further developments and public reaction to the story.
http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/politico-publishes-90-stories-cain-scandal

Brent Bozell said Paula Jones got 16 seconds , Kathleen Willy got 3 stories
and the Broderick woman got 3 stories. These were real women with real names, yet since they were accusing a revered dimocrat, the press pd them little attention.

lsbets
11-04-2011, 06:24 PM
lsbets, well you will never see polico or any other liberal putting out such a story on dimocrats, based on allegations and unnamed sources.
Cain, has answered the questions as honestly as he could.
Also these women have never made any formal charges to any authority anywhere! So why would Cain or anyone in his campaign expect this to come out? What's came out? Nothing of substance!
Also the money given to them was not a sexual harrasment settlement but a settlement of termination.

If the way Cain answered the questions was as honestly as he could, then that doesn't say much for him. His replies changed dramatically during the course of a day.

What authority would they file charges with? They were paid to shut up about it.

What came out? That Cain was accused by two women of sexual harassment, and that those two women were then paid by their employer to go away. That's nothing of substance?

Another one of Cain's "honest" answers. He said one of the women got a couple of months pay. Turns out she got 45K, one year's salary.

He should have been ready for this. The fact that he was not makes it clear he is not ready to be President.

boxcar
11-04-2011, 06:33 PM
If the way Cain answered the questions was as honestly as he could, then that doesn't say much for him. His replies changed dramatically during the course of a day.

What authority would they file charges with? They were paid to shut up about it.

What came out? That Cain was accused by two women of sexual harassment, and that those two women were then paid by their employer to go away. That's nothing of substance?

Another one of Cain's "honest" answers. He said one of the women got a couple of months pay. Turns out she got 45K, one year's salary.

He should have been ready for this. The fact that he was not makes it clear he is not ready to be President.

Make sure you ask these questions of POLITICO. They're the ones who broke this "earth-shaking" story filled with unsubstantiated allegations.

Please get back to us when they fill you in on all the missing details...that they don't have. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

lsbets
11-04-2011, 07:00 PM
What's unsubstantiated in the story? That the women complained? Nope, that's true. That the women were paid off? Oh no, that's true too. So what is unsubstantiated? The details of the allegations? Yes, those have not come out. But the story as run by Politico was true, even Cain has acknowledged that by the end of the first day.

Robert Goren
11-04-2011, 07:13 PM
Make sure you ask these questions of POLITICO. They're the ones who broke this "earth-shaking" story filled with unsubstantiated allegations.

Please get back to us when they fill you in on all the missing details...that they don't have. :rolleyes:

BoxcarAccording Cain himself it was Perry who broke this story. You should really pay attention to what is going on instead of making false charges about POLITICO.

boxcar
11-04-2011, 07:17 PM
This from a piece dated 11/2:

One of Herman Cain’s accusers wants to tell her side of the story.

A woman who accused Herman Cain of sexual harassment when he was head of the National Restaurant Association in the 1990s wants to tell her side of the story. The woman is asking to be released from a non-disclosure agreement she signed as part of her settlement that prevents her from talking about the matter.

Joel P. Bennett, an attorney for the woman, tells the Washington Post he's asking for the NRA to release his client from the confidentiality agreement. Bennett contends that Cain violated the terms of the pact when he talked about the case and described his client and her position at the association.

"It is just frustrating that Herman Cain is going around bad-mouthing the two complainants, and my client is blocked by a confidentiality agreement," Bennett told the Post. "The National Restaurant Association ought to release them and allow them to respond."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/one-herman-cain-accusers-wants-tell-her-side-130852512.html

Oh, my poor aching heart. My heart is broken for this poor victimized female. My tears are forming puddles all over my beautiful floors. She wants so badly to tell her side of the story but her dainty little hands are legally bound. Gosh...these poor women just can't catch a break, can they? If they're not in one kind of bondage, then they're in another. :rolleyes:

Okay...fast forward to the future, as in the present. This gal gets her wish granted. The NRA cut her loose. They said, there's no way on this little green planet, we would ever consider shutting you up. You're free to wag your tongue all you want!

Cain accuser stands by complaint, won't go public

:bang: :bang: :bang:

"She has decided not to relive the specifics of the incidents so I cannot give any further details," Bennett said.

Huh? Huh? That's it. Oh, wait if we listen to her mouthpiece in the vid we will discover that her sudden change of heart was due to protecting herself from more pain. It would be too painful to relive all this.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/cain-accuser-truth-lawyer-tells-abc-news/story?id=14881185

Okay...so here's the trap being set for Cain. Listen up, folks, because I'm as wise as a serpent but innocent as a dove, and I can see clearly right through this snare. What the media will want Cain to do is start flapping his gums over this issue because now he's not under any legal constraints. This brave woman has freed him to speak. So...speak he MUST!

How would I handle this if I were Cain? I would turn this woman's own words (or her lawyer's) upon her head as heaping coals! That's how I would handle it. I would say this:

Out of respect for this woman's obvious desire for anonymity and out of consideration for the possible infliction of emotional pain that she also wishes to avoid, I cannot in good conscience disrespect this woman's wishes or disregard her expressed concerns over any possibility of her suffering emotional hurt at this late date, therefore this matter is closed and I will no longer speak on it, until such time she might change her mind again on speaking out.

This kind of statement would drive the media absolutely bonkers, and how I'd dearly love to see all those talking heads explode.

Boxcar

boxcar
11-04-2011, 07:21 PM
What's unsubstantiated in the story? That the women complained? Nope, that's true. That the women were paid off? Oh no, that's true too. So what is unsubstantiated? The details of the allegations? Yes, those have not come out. But the story as run by Politico was true, even Cain has acknowledged that by the end of the first day.

Good. As the old saying goes, LS, THE DEVIL IS FOUND IN THE DETAILS.

Get back to us when you find that devil, will ya, and actually have anything of substance to add to the story?

Boxcar

boxcar
11-04-2011, 07:24 PM
According Cain himself it was Perry who broke this story. You should really pay attention to what is going on instead of making false charges about POLITICO.

But it wasn't Perry who wrote the story. The buck stops with the folks who decided to PUBLISH to story.

And I'm so far ahead of you that the only way you're ever running ahead of me is when I'm in the process of lapping you. ;)

Boxcar

Lefty
11-04-2011, 07:47 PM
The women complained about what? Don't you think the what is really important? Some women would call it sexual harassment if the boss said "your hair looks nice today"
So the details are extremely important.

Cain said he made a remark and gesture comparing one of the women's height to his wife, saying they were about the same.
That's sexual harassment?

Any journalist worth the name would not release such a story with absolutely no details. But these days real journalists are few.

boxcar
11-04-2011, 08:00 PM
The women complained about what? Don't you think the what is really important? Some women would call it sexual harassment if the boss said "your hair looks nice today"
So the details are extremely important.

Cain said he made a remark and gesture comparing one of the women's height to his wife, saying they were about the same.
That's sexual harassment?

Any journalist worth the name would not release such a story with absolutely no details. But these days real journalists are few.

BINGO! In today's PC culture, the phrase "sexual harassment" could include virtually anything.

I'm mindful of that dumb comedy that starred Will Smith who played an alcoholic super hero. The name of the flick escapes me. But anyhow...there was a part in it when the police in his city are under heavy fire by crooks robbing a bank, and one of the officers was an attractive, young female who was pinned down behind her cruiser. When Smith went to rescue her, he had to catch himself before he followed through on his instincts to snatch her into his arms and fly her out of danger. He said to her something along these lines, "Is it okay I touch you? It's not sexual." I cracked up.

But that's the way things are today in the workplace, thanks largely to the Feminazis and women out to make a fast buck.

Boxcar

lsbets
11-04-2011, 08:40 PM
Good. As the old saying goes, LS, THE DEVIL IS FOUND IN THE DETAILS.

Get back to us when you find that devil, will ya, and actually have anything of substance to add to the story?

Boxcar

I already explained to you the significance of this event. If you think Cain is ready to be President you're loonier than I thought.

Lefty
11-04-2011, 08:44 PM
Cain is more ready to be President than Obama ever was. That's the bottom line.

lsbets
11-04-2011, 09:11 PM

Well that's a good reason to vote for him. After all, Obama has worked out splendidly. :rolleyes:

bigmack
11-04-2011, 09:42 PM
What's a shame is that Herm will be remembered, and Wiki cataloged, as the guy who lost the R Nom because of sexual harassment. It's a PoS story with not one involved party wanting to dredge it up. Judging how HC has handled the mess is fair game I guess but it's all moot.

If you've been paying attention to The Wizard you'd know that Cain NEVER stood/stands a chance and that Romney is a shoo in.

All of this is unnecessary once you punch through to MY way of thinking.

Can you feel it?

boxcar
11-04-2011, 09:56 PM
Well that's a good reason to vote for him. After all, Obama has worked out splendidly. :rolleyes:

You don't read too swell? Lefty said he's "more ready". And indeed he is, relatively speaking Unless of course, you consider community organizing to be on par with a chief executive position, not to mention all the other accomplishments on Cain's resume? Or maybe you consider all of Obama's "present" votes in the senate a measure of his great wisdom? Or how about Obama's college transcripts that are probably classified as Top Secret because....well, all us peons would just be too blown away if we really knew what an intellectual giant Obama was in school, right? :rolleyes:

Yeah...I think Lefty had it right.

Boxcar

ArlJim78
11-04-2011, 10:07 PM
Obama is not a disaster because he wasn't experienced. The problem with Obama is what he was prepared to do as president. His ideology, his disdain for what this country stands for, his arrogance, his secrecy, his corrupt ways, etc. More experience or preparation wouldn't have made his presidency any better.

Would an experienced Marxist radical make a better president than an inexperienced Marxist radical?

boxcar
11-04-2011, 10:10 PM
I already explained to you the significance of this event. If you think Cain is ready to be President you're loonier than I thought.

You're delusional. You've explained nothing because you're drunk on the Romney kool-aid.

It's people like you that make this country unworthy of saving from the clutches of socialists and commies. You're so blind to the fact that Romney, who epitomizes the corrupt Political Establishment could never and would never be able to provide the kind of moral leadership or compass that this country needs above all else.

Boxcar

boxcar
11-04-2011, 10:14 PM
Obama is not a disaster because he wasn't experienced. The problem with Obama is what he was prepared to do as president. His ideology, his disdain for what this country stands for, his arrogance, his secrecy, his corrupt ways, etc. More experience or preparation wouldn't have made his presidency any better.

Would an experienced Marxist radical make a better president than an inexperienced Marxist radical?

Thank you, sir! Someone else who gets it.

For sure, he had zero experience but it is not the lack of that experience that primarily accounts for the pathetic shape this country is in. You've nailed it perfectly, and I have said as much early on in this thread.

Boxcar

newtothegame
11-04-2011, 10:16 PM
You're delusional. You've explained nothing because you're drunk on the Romney kool-aid.

It's people like you that make this country unworthy of saving from the clutches of socialists and commies. You're so blind to the fact that Romney, who epitomizes the corrupt Political Establishment could never and would never be able to provide the kind of moral leadership or compass that this country needs above all else.

Boxcar
I would gladly have ls next to me in a fox hole any day of the week and twice on Sundays!
Speaking his opinion makes him VERY WORTHY. It's the ability to speak your mind what makes this country so great.
Those who wish to suppress those opinions are what makes this country UNworthy!

newtothegame
11-04-2011, 10:18 PM

You could almost make an arguement that his (BO)'s presidency is EXACTLY what he wanted...so from that perspective, I am sure there are many who would see it as a success.

lsbets
11-04-2011, 10:21 PM

Boxcar

WTF planet do you live on? I've challenged you before to show me where I have said I'm a Romney supporter. I've pretty clearly stated who I like, and it wasn't him. In your demented mind, not being for Cain means being for Romney.

And BTW, its people like me who do the heavy lifting guaranteeing your right to embarrass yourself by exercising your right to free speech. While people like me go off and leave our families and put our asses on the line, people like you sit around and type about whatever delusions you're having on any given day.

Don't you tell me about moral leadership. A nasty, vile, hateful, smug little man such as yourself knows nothing of morals and nothing of leadership. Stand to the side and let the adults take care of things, and you will be able to enjoy the freedoms that people like me actually fight for.

bigmack
11-04-2011, 10:26 PM

Fairly out of line this post of yours directed his way.

We're talking about ELECTABILITY here. This is not a time for you to pad your order of what YOU'D like. You can't just order up a tube of toothpaste, a shower cap & a candidate to your liking.

Irrespective your feelings of Romney, HE CAN BEAT OBAMA.

We don't need scandals come crunch time in the fall of '12.

Wrap your head around this. House, Senate, Double-O.

Good start.

boxcar
11-04-2011, 10:36 PM
WTF planet do you live on? I've challenged you before to show me where I have said I'm a Romney supporter. I've pretty clearly stated who I like, and it wasn't him. In your demented mind, not being for Cain means being for Romney.

And BTW, its people like me who do the heavy lifting guaranteeing your right to embarrass yourself by exercising your right to free speech. While people like me go off and leave our families and put our asses on the line, people like you sit around and type about whatever delusions you're having on any given day.

Don't you tell me about moral leadership. A nasty, vile, hateful, smug little man such as yourself knows nothing of morals and nothing of leadership. Stand to the side and let the adults take care of things, and you will be able to enjoy the freedoms that people like me actually fight for.

Wow! I could be wrong. You sound like more like a closet liberal; for your hateful, smug, prideful attitude perfectly reflects the Narcissist's in the WH. Thankfully, most ex-military people I know are not like you. Most of them are fine human beings. What is your excuse again?

You might be an adult physically...but that's about it. Anyone who thinks for a moment any political establishment type is going to do great things for this country is a political illiterate, on drugs or has a mental problem.

And, btw, Mr. Braggadocio wanna-be weight lifter, I served in the Armed Forces in the Air Force and was honorably discharged. So, I guess that makes me a freedom fighter, too, wouldn't it? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

boxcar
11-04-2011, 10:38 PM
Fairly out of line this post of yours directed his way.

We're talking about ELECTABILITY here. This is not a time for you to pad your order of what YOU'D like. You can't just order up a tube of toothpaste, a shower cap & a candidate to your liking.

Irrespective your feelings of Romney, HE CAN BEAT OBAMA.

We don't need scandals come crunch time in the fall of '12.

Wrap your head around this. House, Senate, Double-O.

Good start.

Depending on who runs for the senate, I might vote, if Cain isn't nominated.

To me, it's never been about "electability". This nation doesn't have that luxury any longer.

Boxcar

lsbets
11-04-2011, 10:46 PM
Thankfully, most ex-military people I know are not like you. Most of them are fine human beings.

Boxcar

I don't think any fine human beings would willingly associate with you. You are the antithesis of all that is good about humanity.

newtothegame
11-04-2011, 10:49 PM
Wow! I could be wrong. You sound like more like a closet liberal; for your hateful, smug, prideful attitude perfectly reflects the Narcissist's in the WH. Thankfully, most ex-military people I know are not like you. Most of them are fine human beings. What is your excuse again?

You might be an adult physically...but that's about it. Anyone who thinks for a moment any political establishment type is going to do great things for this country is a political illiterate, on drugs or has a mental problem.

And, btw, Mr. Braggadocio wanna-be weight lifter, I served in the Armed Forces in the Air Force and was honorably discharged. So, I guess that makes me a freedom fighter, too, wouldn't it? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Sadly you type the above bolded, and in the same paragraph type...."

And, btw, Mr. Braggadocio wanna-be weight lifter"..

and LS is smug? Hateful? :lol:
You know there was a time (not that you would care obviously) that I seriously would read what you wrote and give it a lot of thought trying to understand what you were attempting to say.
But, the more and more I read and see what your words say, how you consistently degrade others, then call them arrogant and smug, hateful....
How you always see yourself as superior to others.....
All I can say is I truly hope you do find your blessings in life and there after...you seriously need them!
Paul

lsbets
11-04-2011, 10:59 PM

You know there was a time (not that you would care obviously) that I seriously would read what you wrote and give it a lot of thought trying to understand what you were attempting to say.
But, the more and more I read and see what your words say, how you consistently degrade others, then call them arrogant and smug, hateful....
All I can say is I truly hope you do find your blessings in life and there after...you seriously need them!
Paul

Well put, better than I could say it, but very true. If someone accused me of being rough around the edges, in that case they would be correct. I've never encountered someone who so often professes their Christianity and then has an attitude towards others like Box. And now its off to bed, early gymnastics practice for my daughter tomorrow, and then she has a meet in the afternoon.

bigmack
11-04-2011, 11:02 PM
And now its off to bed, early gymnastics practice for my daughter tomorrow, and then she has a meet in the afternoon.
Best of luck to that little squirt. Tell her some goof in CA is rootin' for 'er.

newtothegame
11-04-2011, 11:11 PM
Well put, better than I could say it, but very true. If someone accused me of being rough around the edges, in that case they would be correct. I've never encountered someone who so often professes their Christianity and then has an attitude towards others like Box. And now its off to bed, early gymnastics practice for my daughter tomorrow, and then she has a meet in the afternoon.
You all have a great time and that meet...!

boxcar
11-04-2011, 11:17 PM
I don't think any fine human beings would willingly associate with you. You are the antithesis of all that is good about humanity.

:lol: :lol: :lol: You wouldn't recognize "good" if She were to plant a kiss on your cheek morning, noon and night.

Anyone who has to pridefully boast and beat his chest about how if it weren't for brave, courageous, heroic, patriotic, unselfish people like myself serving my country, lowlife people like you would be eating dog food in some stalag somewhere -- yada, yada, yada -- make the Pharisees in the bible and the guy in the WH appear humble and pious by comparison.

Here's a clue: Real men don't feel the necessity to boast in words because they have enough confidence in themselves to realize one's deeds are the greatest expression of one's character, and that it's those deeds that will follow him all his life.

Boxcar

boxcar
11-04-2011, 11:27 PM

Paul

LS was the one who boasted about his great weight lifting feats and got smug. Probably due to low testosterone levels or something, so he felt he had to compensate for it by shooting off his mouth. Maybe after he works out tomorrow, he'll feel better.

And I thank for your concerns. I could use all the blessings God wishes to graciously grant. No one can have too many blessing, especially in this life.

Boxcar

Greyfox
11-05-2011, 02:07 AM
Boxcar - perhaps a study of the pyramid below can be of help.
First of all, you have a tremendous Knowledge of the Old and New Testaments.

But as you can see in the pyramid true learning involves higher levels to master beyond just knowledge.

In how you've responded to others here re: Herman Cain, I don't see anything in your remarks that would lead me to believe that your understanding goes beyond the Knowledge and possibly the Comprehension levels of Christianity.

In effect, the Analysis, Application, Synthesis, and Evaluation levels are all missing from your pyramid with respect to true understanding of Christianity.

I don't believe that you are an evil person for sure.
But how you treat others here definitely reveals that you have a lot to learn about other levels of the faith that you have so much knowledge about.

Surely you can be more loving to your fellow man than what you've displayed here today?
http://www.learningandteaching.info/learning/graphics/bloomcog.gif

Tom
11-05-2011, 10:46 AM

Carrot Top is more ready than Obama!

Tom
11-05-2011, 10:48 AM
But as you can see in the pyramid true learning involves higher levels to master beyond just knowledge.

Then there is the democrat pyramid........

Greyfox
11-05-2011, 11:57 AM
Good one Tom.
We all have pyramids of learning in various areas.
Certainly Boxcar's elevator isn't stuck in other domains and goes higher in other areas (such as politics).

boxcar
11-05-2011, 12:50 PM
Boxcar - perhaps a study of the pyramid below can be of help.
First of all, you have a tremendous Knowledge of the Old and New Testaments.

In how you've responded to others here re: Herman Cain, I don't see anything in your remarks that would lead me to believe that your understanding goes beyond the Knowledge and possibly the Comprehension levels of Christianity.

In effect, the Analysis, Application, Synthesis, and Evaluation levels are all missing from your pyramid with respect to true understanding of Christianity.

I don't believe that you are an evil person for sure.
But how you treat others here definitely reveals that you have a lot to learn about other levels of the faith that you have so much knowledge about.

Surely you can be more loving to your fellow man than what you've displayed here today?
http://www.learningandteaching.info/learning/graphics/bloomcog.gif

I will take this under advisement. However, your pyramid order is illogical. Application should be at the top because how can one properly apply biblical knowledge, apart from processing information ("knowledge") through all the other stages first? The ultimate goal of spiritual knowledge should be to attain to Wisdom, not Evaluation. Wisdom is, after all, the practical application of [processed] Knowledge. Wisdom, therefore, should be at the pinnacle.

And how was I not loving? By being honest with someone who subscribes to the simple-minded theory that "Anyone in the WH would be better than Obama", when it was that very attitude that prevailed nationwide in '08 and got Obama elected in the first place!? I simply applied to LS the sentiments I expressed earlier in broader and in slightly different terms on this forum. I said earlier that if the country nominates a RINO to run for president that I would help the country to get what it really desires by abstaining from voting, which might keep their wishes on the same fast track as it is now. My thinking was this: The only real difference between a RINO and Democrat is that the former would put us on a slower track to socialism and the latter would keep us on the fast track, so why should I help prolong the agony and allow the nation to go through a slow torturous death by voting for what I would perceive as the proverbial "lesser of two evils"? At the end of the day, evil is evil, and I'm no longer comfortable voting for degrees of evil.

Obviously, LS and others here, as well, don't see things this way. And that's fine. All I essentially said to LS is that his views on this election are really a big part of the nation's problems, and offer no solutions. People with LS' attitude make this country unworthy of saving from the evils of socialism or communism because they have deceived themselves into thinking establishment politicians can continue to compromise with the Devil, and in fact must compromise because we're a multicultural and diverse society, etc. and still have the country come up smelling like roses at the end of the day. But this thinking, too, is fallacious, otherwise this nation would not be in the dire shape that is in today, and there is absolutely no way we can lay all the blame at Obama's feet, is there? It's taken us over 100 years to come to the brink of full-blown socialism in this country. And how did we get here, again? By making compromise after compromise with the Devil over these many decades! That's how! LS and others here do not see or want to see this cycle nor do they understand that it must end very soon, lest it be too late -- which it already might be. (This country might be beyond solutions, for Liberalism is a disease of the mind and soul that is spreading rapidly across the nation as the welfare state grows and illegal immigration remains unchecked. This country might be so far East already, we're heading toward the West, if you get my meaning.)

So, just what did I say, again, that was so horrible and mean-spirited to LS -- that it's people like him who make this country unworthy of saving? But isn't that what I voiced much earlier but couched in broader and in slightly different terms? I did say earlier that if the country nominated a RINO and I don't vote this election, that I would simply be giving the country what it deserves, i.e. what is was worthy of. I would be giving the nation what it wants -- only helping possibly to keep it on the fast track. And what exactly, again, did the nation so eagerly desire in '08? Anyone but Bush would have to be better! That's what it was it then, and, sadly, this seems to be the same sentiment among many here now.

Well, hang me from the highest tree for voicing these kinds of sentiments. Maybe I am the devil incarnate himself. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Greyfox
11-05-2011, 12:58 PM
And how was I not loving?

Boxcar

Sorry boxcar, but if you can't see the number of times you've tried to bully people in this thread and insulted them (demented, obtuse, dense etc.) , I can't help you. One can be honest without being disrespectful.

boxcar
11-05-2011, 02:26 PM
Sorry boxcar, but if you can't see the number of times you've tried to bully people in this thread and insulted them (demented, obtuse, dense etc.) , I can't help you. One can be honest without being disrespectful.

"Obtuse" is an insult? If this is insulting, what do you think of "obstinate"? :rolleyes: And, I don't recall ever using "demented" for anyone on this forum. (Could be wrong, but I don't remember it.) "Dense", yeah occasionally. (Wow! what a horrible word.) I've used "dull", too, which is a biblical term. How about "blind" or "blinded"?

Before you hang me high, I'll let you flog me for each time I've used these terms. That will probably make you feel better. :D

Boxcar

Greyfox
11-05-2011, 02:46 PM
[QUOTE=boxcar
Before you hang me high, I'll let you flog me for each time I've used these terms. That will probably make you feel better. :D

Boxcar[/QUOTE]

No...no hanging at all. Of course I won't flog you.
All the best,
Greyfox

Lefty
11-05-2011, 02:49 PM
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=47287

Great column by Annie.

boxcar
11-05-2011, 02:54 PM

You did say, "in this thread", yes? So, I checked this thread. I did use that horrible word "obtuse" with you. (Tonight before I retire, I well do a little self-flagg a few hundred times with wet noodles.) I did not use "dense". Nor did I use "demented". However, I did ask you if you were "gullible"? So would that count for anything?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Boxcar

boxcar
11-05-2011, 07:27 PM
I'm leaving my house shortly, but just a reminder to let everyone know that tonight is the Cain-Gingrich debate, which might be very interesting.

Boxcar

Lefty
11-05-2011, 09:05 PM
Anybody know where it can be seen?

ArlJim78
11-05-2011, 09:32 PM
Anybody know where it can be seen?
It was on CSPAN. It's over now but here is the video (http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/CainNew).

this debate was concieved by a Texas Tea party group.
Both Cain and Gingrich deserve credit for participating.

Actor
11-06-2011, 03:43 AM
Did Cain hire Charlie Sheen's people to manage his campaign? :lol: :lol:

Tom
11-06-2011, 12:09 PM
Winning!

boxcar
11-06-2011, 02:57 PM
I would encourage all conservatives (real or imagined :D ) to listen to the young black man on this video, even though listening will challenge your patience at times because you'll have to make an effort to listen carefully, in order to strain out the profanity and the street vernacular that is pervasive. But if you can do this, in spite of this man's poor articulation skills, you will hear his conservative message that he's obviously trying to convey to other Blacks -- especially to his generation. He has a pretty fair grasp on what is going on with Cain and the fact that Blacks have been duped by the Dems for a long time.

This young guy definitely has strayed from the Liberal Plantation. And this is precisely what the MM media (and the Obama administration, regardless of the false face they put forth) fears above all else. You get young people like this one, especially if they have some "street cred", preaching this stuff to their peers, and getting people to think things through and maybe even changing some minds, the conservatives would actually have some energized black people voting (possibly for the first time in their lives) for a conservative -- a conservative who happens to be one of their own! Even swaying a modest percentage of Blacks would be disastrous for Obam'a chances. It would seal his doom on election day, if Can were to win the nomination.

Of course, the other reason the MM fears Cain so much is because he doesn't fit into their stereotypical mold or model liberals have created for Black People over all these decades. Not only is he a conservative, but he has "risen from the ashes", so to speak. He's the Black Man's Phoenix, mythologically speaking. A man who came up the hard way. Self-made, who has spit into the face of Affirmative Action programs. Who struggled to get ahead, instead of wasting time complaining about the struggles. Who overcame obstacles, instead of allowing himself to become victimized by them. Herman Cain is Liberals' worst nightmare because he's a non-conformist Black Man. The last thing Liberals want is for him to become the Black Man's new voice -- to become the Black People's new role model.

Boxcar

0pS7UpCLaDA

Greyfox
11-07-2011, 02:38 PM
A fourth accuser stepped forward today and held a televised news conference.
Her allegations go beyond sexual harrassment and border on sexual assault.

Herman is in deep crap.

Tom
11-07-2011, 02:41 PM
Or she is lying.

boxcar
11-07-2011, 03:33 PM
Or she is lying.

A few quickie observations:

1.) She never shared the "details" all these years with her boyfriend and close friends because she was too embarrassed, but suddenly in 2011 when Cain is running for the presidential nomination, she has miraculously managed to overcome her shame, shyness and embarrassment to come out publicly with those "details"? What she couldn't bring herself to do privately with close friends, she can now do publicly? :rolleyes:

2. This leave us with no witnesses, and with a she said, he said scenario.

3. This accounts for why she has never sued Cain. She had no grounds for legal action.

4. I, personally, can't take this woman seriously when she's smiling/grinning while publicly sharing her humiliation and traumatic ordeal. How come she couldn't smile/grin it all off privately years ago?

5. I can't take Allred seriously about these serious, grave charges when she cracked jokes about it, e..g Cain's "stimulus package".

6. From what I'm hearing Allred may have already lied about this poor abused woman's political affiliation. She claimed she was a "Republican" but her voter registration records allegedly indicate "inactive". Further, in Illinois there is no voter registration by party, which would conveniently make verification if Allred's claim very difficult, if not impossible.

7. Allred's involvement in this is hilarious on a couple of levels. Why did she accompany this woman if the gal is not going to sue Cain? And secondly, Aldrich was the bimbo who defended the groping procedures of the TSA and told the world that she personally enjoyed the experience. I have to wonder why didn't she tell her "client" that she should just shut up and savor the moment when Cain supposedly found her sexually attractive? :rolleyes:

8. The woman's stated reason for coming forward now is so that Cain can come clean and admit wrongdoing to all the women who have accused him (as though she has become their appointed spokesperson?), which would allow him and the country to move forward with the serious issues of the country. This is very disingenuous reason because anyone with an IQ above their belt size knows that if he did admit to these charges, his campaign would be over, which is the Liberals' goal in the first place.

I might have more to say about all this later. :D

Boxcar

Greyfox
11-07-2011, 03:45 PM
Or she is lying.

If she's lying, Sharon Bialek deserves an Oscar for acting.

boxcar
11-07-2011, 03:50 PM

Ah...you might be on to something. Maybe the liberals told Bialek that if she goes public with this, they would get Hollywood to look at her public appearance as an audition for a possible movie role in the near future.

Boxcar

johnhannibalsmith
11-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Great theater... Cain gets a bunch of maroons to run his life so not to be outdone, the accuser lands herself Gloria Allred... I'm filing harassment charges against anyone that puts that skanky good-fer-nothing media whore pathetic rancid abomination of a human on my television from here on out.

JustRalph
11-07-2011, 04:56 PM
Every liberal in america should be voting for cain now. This is baby shit compared to what Clinton did to Broderick.

it's still all bullshit.........but Cain has lost me. Unless he is the nominee. At this point I would vote for Ghaddaffi if he was up against Obama

Spiderman
11-07-2011, 05:17 PM
Saw Sharon Bialek relate what happened with the Herminator. IMHO, she is telling the truth.

bigmack
11-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Great theater... Cain gets a bunch of maroons to run his life so not to be outdone, the accuser lands herself Gloria Allred... I'm filing harassment charges against anyone that puts that skanky good-fer-nothing media whore pathetic rancid abomination of a human on my television from here on out.
I LOVE Gloria. Talk about chutzpah. It's exponential with G-L-O-R-I-A.

7-SENVtlI90

mostpost
11-07-2011, 10:24 PM
Every liberal in america should be voting for cain now. This is baby shit compared to what Clinton did to Broderick.

it's still all bullshit.........but Cain has lost me. Unless he is the nominee. At this point I would vote for Ghaddaffi if he was up against Obama
Broderick? Broderick Crawford???

Robert Goren
11-07-2011, 10:56 PM
The key here is that the NRA settled. They did not layout 45k (her salary for a year) for Cain making a hand gesture point out that she would come up to his chin. Now the women are coming out of the woodwork. We had one of these jokers at work. He didn't stop with just one. When one woman finally complained, 5 others joined in. He thought he was being clever and funny instead being crude.

PaceAdvantage
11-07-2011, 11:07 PM
Saw Sharon Bialek relate what happened with the Herminator. IMHO, she is telling the truth.Of course she is... :lol:

Hey, if we can elect a coke-head as president, why can't we elect a guy with a couple of unverifiable allegations floating around his head?

You had no problem electing a drugged out community organizer...why the sudden upping of standards? :lol:

elysiantraveller
11-07-2011, 11:11 PM
Where there is smoke....

I might have been wrong... Cain may be more political than I thought. :lol:

elysiantraveller
11-07-2011, 11:15 PM
Of course she is... :lol:

Hey, if we can elect a coke-head as president, why can't we elect a guy with a couple of unverifiable allegations floating around his head?

You had no problem electing a drugged out community organizer...why the sudden upping of standards? :lol:

I can see how someone in their teens and early 20's smoking some pot and doing a little blow is the same as a 53 year old man trying to coerce women into having sex with him and then paying them to shut their mouth is the same.... :rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage
11-07-2011, 11:17 PM
I can see how someone in their teens and early 20's smoking some pot and doing a little blow is the same as a 53 year old man trying to coerce women into having sex with him and then paying them to shut their mouth is the same.... :rolleyes:But we have proof of the former, and no real proof of the latter...except in the heads of the wishful thinkers...

Like I said, the upping of morals in some of you is quite amusing...

Herman Cain may very well be guilty of everything that has been thrown his way...then again, he may not be....how are you so sure? Because he has that (R) next to his name? :lol:

Where's mostie when you need him? He defends EVERYTHING...except when there is that (R) next to the name... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom
11-07-2011, 11:29 PM
Saw Sharon Bialek relate what happened with the Herminator. IMHO, she is telling the truth.

IMHO she is lying through her teeth.
Gloria Allred????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom
11-07-2011, 11:30 PM

She was READING her story!!!!
She did not know what happened without a SCRIPT!!!!!
This is the dem machine in action - they needed a TELEPROMPTER!!!

Gloria Allred????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

elysiantraveller
11-07-2011, 11:43 PM
But we have proof of the former, and no real proof of the latter...except in the heads of the wishful thinkers...

Like I said, the upping of morals in some of you is quite amusing...

Herman Cain may very well be guilty of everything that has been thrown his way...then again, he may not be....how are you so sure? Because he has that (R) next to his name? :lol:

Where's mostie when you need him? He defends EVERYTHING...except when there is that (R) next to the name... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well there are facts here... he was accused of sexual assault... thats a fact. He then did pay these women sums of money to be quiet... thats also a fact. I'm not saying the guy should be locked up (maybe?) what I am saying is when there is smoke there is fire and right here there is a lot of smoke.

Also like I said a 20 year old college kid smoking dope and doing some blow is not even on the same planet as attempting to coerce/bribe/force other people into sex acts with you. Sorry, not even close.

PaceAdvantage
11-07-2011, 11:54 PM
Well there are facts here... he was accused of sexual assault... thats a fact. He then did pay these women sums of money to be quiet... thats also a fact. I'm not saying the guy should be locked up (maybe?) what I am saying is when there is smoke there is fire and right here there is a lot of smoke.

Also like I said a 20 year old college kid smoking dope and doing some blow is not even on the same planet as attempting to coerce/bribe/force other people into sex acts with you. Sorry, not even close.He didn't pay anyone, now did HE?

And now you're saying he coerced, BRIBED, and possibly FORCED other people into sex acts with him.

Man, you guys are something else when that (R) is next to the name...not so much when the (D) is there... :lol:

How did you live with yourself during the Clinton years?

You and I can accuse anyone of anything we wish. People make FALSE accusations all the time. Have there been any corroborating witnesses? As you can tell, I've been following this story so very closely... :lol:

elysiantraveller
11-08-2011, 12:14 AM
He didn't pay anyone, now did HE?

“The charge was filed, they did investigate, it was found to be baseless and yes, there was some sort of settlement or termination,” Mr. Cain said to Greta Van Susteren on her Fox News show, “On the Record,” according to excerpts released by the network.

Cain on Fox (http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/10/31/cain-campaign-prepares-for-scrutiny-of-harassment-allegations/)

And now you're saying he coerced, BRIBED, and possibly FORCED other people into sex acts with him.

I'm saying its likely some of those happened.

Man, you guys are something else when that (R) is next to the name...not so much when the (D) is there... :lol:

How did you live with yourself during the Clinton years?.

Nice re-direct! Kinda like your Obama Coke-head one.

You and I can accuse anyone of anything we wish. People make FALSE accusations all the time. Have there been any corroborating witnesses? As you can tell, I've been following this story so very closely... :lol:

4 people in 8 days. Like I said, I'm not sure what happened but I am pretty sure something happened.

PaceAdvantage
11-08-2011, 12:15 AM
You said HE paid them. As in Herman wrote a check himself. That's not what happened now is it?

HE (Herman Cain), did not personally pay anyone, now did he?

elysiantraveller
11-08-2011, 12:21 AM
You said HE paid them. As in Herman wrote a check himself. That's not what happened now is it?

HE (Herman Cain), did not personally pay anyone, now did he?

Semantics.

I have two checkbooks one thats personal and one thats my business which one would you like? I'm pretty sure I'm still paying you.

PaceAdvantage
11-08-2011, 12:24 AM
I understand...alls fair in war and politics.

I guess Herman Cain was a threat after all...

bigmack
11-08-2011, 12:28 AM
3 anonymous women and this one who had a paternity lawsuit against her and has filed for bankruptcy twice. She smells lettuce.

If I'm in the jury with the information thusfar, I'd vote to acquit and sleep like a baby knowing I did so.

NJ Stinks
11-08-2011, 12:30 AM
How did you live with yourself during the Clinton years?

Seems to me Clinton's women problems had more to do with him not saying no - not the females saying no.

Significant difference. No?

PaceAdvantage
11-08-2011, 12:31 AM
Seems to me Clinton's women problems had more to do with him not saying no - not the females saying no.

Significant difference. No?Amazing! You have eradicated Paula Jones from your memory banks. See what I'm talkin' about? :lol:

PaceAdvantage
11-08-2011, 12:34 AM
For alleged misconduct during his governorship, Paula Jones brought a sexual harassment lawsuit against Clinton while he was president. The case was initially dismissed,[140] but Jones appealed the dismissal to the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit.[141] During the deposition for the Jones lawsuit, which was held at the White House,[142] Clinton denied having sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky – a denial that became the basis for the impeachment charge of perjury.[143] On November 18, 1998, Clinton agreed to an out-of-court settlement, and agreed to pay Jones and her attorneys a sum of $850,000.00.[144] Clinton denies ever engaging in a sexual affair with her[144] and his attorney Bob Bennett stated that he only made the settlement so he could end the lawsuit for good and move on with his life.[145]

In 1998, Kathleen Willey alleged Clinton sexually assaulted her four years previously. In 1998, Juanita Broaddrick alleged Clinton raped her some twenty years previously. The accusations by Willey and Broaddrick were never brought before a court. The independent counsel determined Willey gave "false information" to the FBI and inconsistent sworn testimony related to the Jones allegation.Just to refresh those memory banks.

Again, I ask...how did you guys live with yourselves during the Clinton years? :lol:

Allegations of RAPE no less...

boxcar
11-08-2011, 12:34 AM
And let's not forget the 850K or so CLINTON paid out to Paula. That did come out of his checkbook.

Boxcar

boxcar
11-08-2011, 12:35 AM
:lol: :lol: I see we cross-posted, PA.

Boxcar

NJ Stinks
11-08-2011, 01:01 AM
Just to refresh those memory banks.

Again, I ask...how did you guys live with yourselves during the Clinton years? :lol:

Allegations of RAPE no less...

I never believed Jones and even your paste says: "The independent counsel determined Willey gave "false information" to the FBI." As for Broaddrick, three weeks after the probable date of the rape, Broaddrick attended a Clinton fundraiser. Strange behavior by a supposed victim of rape. No?

newtothegame
11-08-2011, 01:32 AM
I never believed Jones and even your paste says: "The independent counsel determined Willey gave "false information" to the FBI." As for Broaddrick, three weeks after the probable date of the rape, Broaddrick attended a Clinton fundraiser. Strange behavior by a supposed victim of rape. No?

Well if that's the case, the lady (in her interview with G allred) admitted she went to some affair where Cain was a MONTH ago...seem kind of strange based on what you said above...right?
:lol:

NJ Stinks
11-08-2011, 01:52 AM
Well if that's the case, the lady (in her interview with G allred) admitted she went to some affair where Cain was a MONTH ago...seem kind of strange based on what you said above...right?

I think she said she went to see how he would react when he saw her.

And yes, she sounds opportunistic to me too.

Robert Goren
11-08-2011, 05:31 AM
Ah, Paula Jones. So much to the ideas that the press ignores things when a democrat does it, but jumps all the story when a republican does the the same thing. The press ignored the Paula Jones story so much so that she became a household word.

judd
11-08-2011, 06:13 AM
i dont believe the blonde chick that was on news yesterday with attorney--something about her

Spiderman
11-08-2011, 07:41 AM
The fourth woman was on NBC with her attorney, a few minutes ago. I still believe her.

Though following this thread, I only posted the one time where I wrote that she is believable. The circus of Rhino candidates is so pathetic that I miss Sarah not being there for her brand of comedic effect.

Cain is not a serious candidate. He lacks experience in government. Being CEO of a food franchise is not a prerequisite for the most important office in the world. Cain doesn't know if harass is one word or two words.

The next Rhino debate should be the best yet.

bigmack
11-08-2011, 07:54 AM
The next Rhino debate should be the best yet.
Somehow it does my heart good to hear the confused among us throwing around fed lines, worrying about "Rhinos" as if it means anything to them.

Just get outta the way and go back to the idiocy of admiring this manchild while he rolls back to ChiTown.

Bring one lousy chapter of this country to a welcome close.

Good riddance.

Spiderman
11-08-2011, 08:08 AM
Somehow it does my heart good to hear the confused among us throwing around fed lines, worrying about "Rhinos" as if it means anything to them.

Just get outta the way and go back to the idiocy of admiring this manchild while he rolls back to ChiTown.

Bring one lousy chapter of this country to a welcome close.

Good riddance.

The Rhino debates are entertainment. There has not been one shred of substance among the candidates. They all play to the lowest common denominator.

Earlier in this thread, you quoted odds of 8-5 - 3-1 against Obama winning. Are you prepared to place a bet?

Tom
11-08-2011, 08:40 AM
The Rhino debates are entertainment. There has not been one shred of substance among the candidates. They all play to the lowest common denominator.

And Obama has taken the high road???? :lol:
He plays to those BELOW the lowest common denominator!

Spiderman
11-08-2011, 08:53 AM
And Obama has taken the high road???? :lol:
He plays to those BELOW the lowest common denominator!

For the current campaign, Obama is certainly on higher ground. As he said on Leno, "I am waiting to see who gets voted off the island."

Tom
11-08-2011, 09:57 AM
He has done nothing but alienate and demonize people. He has done nothing to show an ounce of leaderships, and he has been lying continually.

That is the high ground? :lol::lol::lol:

Spiderman
11-08-2011, 10:51 AM
He has done nothing but alienate and demonize people. He has done nothing to show an ounce of leaderships, and he has been lying continually.

If you feel demonized, go see a shrink. I agree that he is lacking in aspects of leadership, nothing new. He has now gone the distance, unlike Uncle Mo.

Spiderman
11-08-2011, 11:33 AM

PS - if you don't pay your exorcist you will be repossessed

Robert Goren
11-08-2011, 11:59 AM
You got to feel for the tea party people as they jump from one con man to other in their hope to find a "true believer" politician. Herman Cain is merely the latest in what promises to be very long line.

boxcar
11-08-2011, 12:04 PM
i dont believe the blonde chick that was on news yesterday with attorney--something about her

Not to mention Allred, who in her own rights, is a piece of work.

I'm still trying to figure out why Bialek hired any lawyer when she's not going to file a lawsuit.

Boxcar

boxcar
11-08-2011, 12:06 PM

Such BIG BUCKS to give to a supposed liar.

Boxcar

Greyfox
11-08-2011, 12:09 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why Bialek hired any lawyer when she's not going to file a lawsuit.

Boxcar

Ever heard of pro bono? (and good free publicity)

bigmack
11-08-2011, 02:47 PM
That poor, poor woman. She must be absolutely traumatized by what Herm did to her many years ago.

Here she is about a month ago with her arm around HC. It's her way of exhibiting Stockholm Syndrome. :rolleyes:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/Witness-SharonBialekhuggedHermanCainduringTeaPartymeetinga monthago-ChicagoSun-Times.png

Robert Fischer
11-08-2011, 03:08 PM
That poor, poor woman. She must be absolutely traumatized by what Herm did to her many years ago.

Here she is about a month ago with her arm around HC. It's her way of exhibiting Stockholm Syndrome. :rolleyes:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/Witness-SharonBialekhuggedHermanCainduringTeaPartymeetinga monthago-ChicagoSun-Times.png

is that Bialek hugging CAIN in the photo, or Amy Jacobson?

Steve 'StatMan'
11-08-2011, 03:12 PM

Boxcar

Either looking for advice on what she does say before she says it, and showing her up front to give the impression that she's cleared what she says with her attorney. As opposed to speaking only through an attorney.

Robert Goren
11-08-2011, 03:13 PM
Fox news had the reporter on who says she the accuser at a Cain rally. She is a reporter from an AM conservative talk radio station in Chicago. I giving her some leway here, but it will be interesting to see if there are any more people who saw what the reporter saw.

boxcar
11-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Either looking for advice on what she does say before she says it, and showing her up front to give the impression that she's cleared what she says with her attorney. As opposed to speaking only through an attorney.

Why would anyone who is truthful need to seek advice on how to present that truth? Why would she need to "be cleared" -- vetted, as it were? Or would "rehearsed" be the better term? The fact that she feels the need to have her "truth" strained and filtered through a lawyer, leaves me wondering, to say the least.

And from what I'm learning here and there, this gal not only can't keep a job, but is in debt, as well. This leads me to wonder how she can afford a high-profile mouthpiece like Allred? Or if she isn't paying, who is? Or if Allred, a liberal, is doing this pro bono, why?

Boxcar

bigmack
11-08-2011, 03:27 PM
is that Bialek hugging CAIN in the photo, or Amy Jacobson?
:blush: That's the second mistake I've made in the last 12 years.

Robert Goren
11-08-2011, 03:34 PM
:blush: That's the second mistake I've made in the last 12 years.Gee, thats pretty good. I have made 5 over the same period of time. Not counting, of course, my handicapping. :lol: :lol:

lsbets
11-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Something about this new woman screams bullshit.

Greyfox
11-08-2011, 04:02 PM

If so, defamation of character is on the table.
However, a Chicago physician and a Chicago businessman have recently sworn oaths that she told them about the incident with Cain in the late 1990's.
If they are lying, they can be charged with perjury and be part of Mr. Cain's civil action too.
My crystal ball doesn't see a suit coming, nor does it see Herman winning the nomination. The baggage is piling up.

JustRalph
11-08-2011, 04:05 PM

I am starting to believe this also. Heard some interesting data about her today. She has dollar signs in her eyes.

This is getting more questionable by the minute. How about she used to work out in the gym with David Axelrod? They lived in the same building?

Wait till you hear the bullshit spewing from accuser 5........yep....I said 5

This is really quite interesting, they can't really be this afraid of Cain can they?

lsbets
11-08-2011, 04:32 PM
They're not afraid of Cain. If Cain got the nomination, it would be the happiest day of Obama's life.

I wish they would stop talking about this with Cain and let him focus on everything he doesn't know. Then he could step aside and let the serious candidates get busy.

JustRalph
11-08-2011, 05:14 PM
They're not afraid of Cain. If Cain got the nomination, it would be the happiest day of Obama's life.

I wish they would stop talking about this with Cain and let him focus on everything he doesn't know. Then he could step aside and let the serious candidates get busy.

Which is why i asked the ? I think they would be happiest with Romney. But why go after Cain? I still don't get it?

Romney being the nominee takes Obamacare off the table. They relish that scenario

Tom
11-08-2011, 05:16 PM
Ever heard of pro bono? (and good free publicity)
Ever hear of an oath?

Tom
11-08-2011, 05:17 PM

Yes.....GLORIA ALLRED!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Greyfox
11-08-2011, 05:18 PM
Ever hear of an oath?

One pushed me on a bus once. ;)

Tom
11-08-2011, 05:20 PM
Which is why i asked the ? I think they would be happiest with Romney. But why go after Cain? I still don't get it?

Romney being the nominee takes Obamacare off the table. They relish that scenario

Perhaps Obama is AFRAID to run against a REAL Black Man.
I mean, Obama has a record now, that he cannot run on and he cannot run away from. And, as we all know, Cain is TWICE the Black man OBama is! :lol:

And, don't forget, Obama is a shallow, rather unintelligent man who is very paranoid - remember, he went after Joe the Plumber, too. This fits the mold of a vindictive little turd of a man.

CryingForTheHorses
11-08-2011, 05:39 PM
I am starting to believe this also. Heard some interesting data about her today. She has dollar signs in her eyes.

This is getting more questionable by the minute. How about she used to work out in the gym with David Axelrod? They lived in the same building?

Wait till you hear the bullshit spewing from accuser 5........yep....I said 5

This is really quite interesting, they can't really be this afraid of Cain can they?

What I dont unstand is why these **Ladies** didnt come out as soon as he entered the race?.Ive noticed that since Cain has being the buzz of the town,more and more crap is being flung at him.Are these white guys that are running along side of him afraid of him?..Perry and Romney are giggling like schoolgirls!!..What also makes me wonder if the two guys were in the spotlite,Would they find dirt on them also.The white house has been full of inapropate touching challenged presidents.What does this have to do with running a country?.I would also think the only one who has anything to worry about thu all of this is is wife.This guy seems to have more moves then Tiger with the ladies but it all happened years ago.I will say he has handled the pressure well.If this scandel doesnt kill his chances,He will be the next president..

Robert Goren
11-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Perhaps Obama is AFRAID to run against a REAL Black Man.
I mean, Obama has a record now, that he cannot run on and he cannot run away from. And, as we all know, Cain is TWICE the Black man OBama is! :lol:

And, don't forget, Obama is a shallow, rather unintelligent man who is very paranoid - remember, he went after Joe the Plumber, too. This fits the mold of a vindictive little turd of a man.You mean the guy who got his 15 minutes of fame among conservatives for trying show up Obama the candidate despite lying about being a plumber, lying about trying to buy his boss's business, who despite being game-fully employed was about to lose his house and last but not least the thing conservatives always gripe about, he was a dead beat dad. The kind of true phonies that conservatives always seem to fall in love with. I thinking he is now running for congress. He would fit right in with the rest of house republicans.

JustRalph
11-08-2011, 05:53 PM
You mean the guy who got his 15 minutes of fame among conservatives for trying show up Obama the candidate despite lying about being a plumber, lying about trying to buy his boss's business, who despite being game-fully employed was about to lose his house and last but not least the thing conservatives always gripe about, he was a dead beat dad. The kind of true phonies that conservatives always seem to fall in love with. I thinking he is now running for congress. He would fit right in with the rest of house republicans.

You are fast becoming the king of the malaprop :lol:

Robert Goren
11-08-2011, 06:02 PM
What I dont unstand is why these **Ladies** didnt come out as soon as he entered the race?.Ive noticed that since Cain has being the buzz of the town,more and more crap is being flung at him.Are these white guys that are running along side of him afraid of him?..Perry and Romney are giggling like schoolgirls!!..What also makes me wonder if the two guys were in the spotlite,Would they find dirt on them also.The white house has been full of inapropate touching challenged presidents.What does this have to do with running a country?.I would also think the only one who has anything to worry about thu all of this is is wife.This guy seems to have more moves then Tiger with the ladies but it all happened years ago.I will say he has handled the pressure well.If this scandel doesnt kill his chances,He will be the next president..They were outed by the Perry campaign. It is highly unlikely they would said anything if that hadn't happen. He never had any chance of getting the GOP nod, let alone betting Obama.
It is beginning to look like Newt will be the GOP nominee despite his only reason for running was draw attention to his books. Even now, when he does a TV or radio interview he can't resist plugging his latest book on a Civil War plot.

bigmack
11-08-2011, 06:20 PM
They were outed by the Perry campaign.

It is beginning to look like Newt will be the GOP nominee despite his only reason for running was draw attention to his books.
You come up with thoughts like these all on your own? They sure is wacky.

Tom
11-08-2011, 06:35 PM
You mean the guy who got his 15 minutes of fame among conservatives for trying show up Obama the candidate despite lying about being a plumber, lying about trying to buy his boss's business, who despite being game-fully employed was about to lose his house and last but not least the thing conservatives always gripe about, he was a dead beat dad. The kind of true phonies that conservatives always seem to fall in love with. I thinking he is now running for congress. He would fit right in with the rest of house republicans.

Exactly, Bobby - you see how paranoid and vindictive Obama is by devoting so much attention to Joe, who offered no threat to him.

Cain, on the other hand, is a threat to the status quo in Washington Scumlville.

skate
11-08-2011, 07:05 PM
CainNewtney...:eek:

Tom
11-08-2011, 07:18 PM
It's the new Tea and A Party.
Herman should reach out to this Bialek and try to reason with her, maybe offer her a Coke. :p

skate
11-08-2011, 07:24 PM
a little hairy

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2011, 02:15 AM
I never believed Jones You never believed Jones? At least she went to court...not once, but twice...

You never believed Jones? But...but...but...CLINTON PAID HER....WITH HIS ACTUAL OWN MONEY NO LESS.... :lol: :lol:

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2011, 02:16 AM
Being CEO of a food franchise is not a prerequisite for the most important office in the world.Your brand of comedy just isn't funny anymore. Obama set the bar for prerequisites, and it is now very, very low.

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2011, 02:22 AM
They're not afraid of Cain. If Cain got the nomination, it would be the happiest day of Obama's life.You're starting to look a bit delusional to me lately...

You can't possibly believe this...never, ever, be this cocksure about the American electorate...they'll surprise the shit out of you every single time.

elysiantraveller
11-09-2011, 10:14 AM
You're starting to look a bit delusional to me lately...

You can't possibly believe this...never, ever, be this cocksure about the American electorate...they'll surprise the shit out of you every single time.

Cain is a 1 issue candidate with his 9-9-9 and under real scrutiny that plan is unworkable and unelectable at best... Its only one duck to shoot at once you do what else do you have left? Cain is a easy opponent for Obama. There just isn't enough there, defeat 9-9-9 and you defeat Cain, its that easy.

cj's dad
11-09-2011, 11:51 AM
I agree about Cain and also that the 9-9-9 plan is DOA, The point that the IRS tax code and tax disparities need to be modified is, I think, indisputable.

Cain is not my guy but I would however vote for any nominee over BHO.

Cain is a 1 issue candidate with his 9-9-9 and under real scrutiny that plan is unworkable and unelectable at best... Its only one duck to shoot at once you do what else do you have left? Cain is a easy opponent for Obama. There just isn't enough there, defeat 9-9-9 and you defeat Cain, its that easy.

Spiderman
11-09-2011, 12:20 PM
Your brand of comedy just isn't funny anymore. Obama set the bar for prerequisites, and it is now very, very low.

You picked the part of the paragraph that was not intended to be funny, it is very serious. The country is in trouble if Cain, Perry, Bachman, Santorum, Paul, Gingrich are Presidential nominees. The paragaraph and full post is #192:

Cain is not a serious candidate. He lacks experience in government. Being CEO of a food franchise is not a prerequisite for the most important office in the world. Cain doesn't know if harass is one word or two words.

Greyfox
11-09-2011, 12:28 PM
Cain doesn't know if harass is one word or two words.

:lol: Good one.

Tom
11-09-2011, 12:35 PM
What Obama likes best about all this is that the news is now focused on other than the real issues, which expose him for the miserable pile of nothing that he really is.

skate
11-09-2011, 01:57 PM
OK ok ok ....how the hell does it happen that these Ladies(?) do not, as in never, file a police report, but here years later , they appear to be F...en Angels.

The little darlings took the same road that Joe Paterno took, cept i figure he didnt get the Money, but now Joe MUST GO, while the Macabre incidents are to be glorified?

OH oh...halibut, sure smells funny to the-skate...yeppers.:cool:

Ocala Mike
11-09-2011, 02:23 PM
OK ok ok ....how the hell does it happen that these Ladies(?) do not, as in never, file a police report?

Unquestionably, Bialik (who I don't believe) should have, as her allegations rise to the level of sexual ASSAULT (a crime). The others, who are far more believable in my opinion, allege sexual HARRASSMENT (not a crime).

Put a fork in Cain; he's done. It will be ROMNEY vs. BARRY.

Ocala Mike

skate
11-09-2011, 02:46 PM
Mike

i can see your point, but to me if not reporting is a crime and it is illegal to harass sexually, then if you didnt report (ala Joe Paterno), you might be guilty.

a six year old kisses a girl on the cheek and he is guilty of Sexual Harassment.:kiss:

JustRalph
11-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Sexual harassment is not a crime.

If Bialeks description is true, he didn't commit assault. If he had persevered and forced her to allow further contact then he commits an assault? What he did was making a crude pass, I guess. She rebuffed his advance and he backed off. Sounds perfectly natural......

Not that it's ever happen to me

Steve 'StatMan'
11-09-2011, 08:09 PM
All I know for certain is that she ended up getting the job.

Tom
11-09-2011, 10:25 PM
He could have done a lot better, IMHO.
Probably drunk if he did, that's why a) he picked HER and b) doesn't remember her!

:rolleyes:

JustRalph
11-09-2011, 10:58 PM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/veteran-anchor-bill-kurtis-says-bialek-was-former-cbs-employee-with-a-track-record-hers-and-cains-roles-may-even-have-been-reversed-in-car/

Some of Kurtis’ observations on Bialek were as follows:

“She has a history.”
“There is a lot more to this story.”
“I can assure you that there will be far more to this story.”
“Let’s put Herman or Sharon in the car and say their roles may even have been reversed, given her track record here.”

boxcar
11-09-2011, 11:09 PM
You picked the part of the paragraph that was not intended to be funny, it is very serious. The country is in trouble if Cain, Perry, Bachman, Santorum, Paul, Gingrich are Presidential nominees. The paragaraph and full post is #192:

Beats BO: He lacked experience in everything (unless you consider "present" votes in the senate a great accomplishment. As PA said, BO set the "experience" bar to new lows.

Boxcar

boxcar
11-10-2011, 12:04 PM
he did express his willingness to take a polygraph when asked. (Funny how no reporter ever asked Bialek if she'd be willing undergo the test. After all, she's "only" the accuser! Is not the burden on her to prove her allegations!? :bang:

Does This Atlanta Private Investigator’s Lie Detector Prove Cain Is Telling the Truth?

Herman Cain has already said he would take a polygraph test to prove he is being truthful in his denial of recent accusations of sexual assault that four women made against him.

The polygraph test has not been taken yet, but one man says he already has proof that Cain is telling the truth.

The local CBS affiliate reports private investigator TJ Ward and his $15,000 voice analyzing software detect stress levels and other metrics from a person’s voice to tell if they are lying or not. Ward used the software to analyze Cain’s recent press conference and said it shows he was telling the truth:

During the speech, when Cain denied the claims, the lie detector read “low risk.” According to Ward, that means Cain is telling the truth.

During the section of Bialek’s news conference where she says, “He suddenly reached over put his hand on my leg under my skirt and reached for my genitals he also grabbed my head brought it towards his crotch.”

During the analysis of that section the software said “high risk statement.” Ward said that means she is not telling the truth about what happened.

“I don’t think she is fabricating her meetings,” said Ward. ”But, she is fabricating what transpired.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/atlanta-private-investigator-says-his-lie-detector-machine-proves-cain-is-telling-the-truth/

This last comment by ward is an interesting statement in light of that Chicago's reporters assessment of Bialek from what he knows about her past. He said they may have sat in the car together alright, but the sex perp wouldn't have been Cain!

Boxcar