PDA

View Full Version : Belmont 10/6

HorseLady
10-07-2001, 12:10 PM
What an amazing racing day it was friends. How could we get any better (or bettor) than this? BC Day for sure is what will be.

Officer surely proved he could go the distance, but, how will he do against COMPETITION? He's only had races with just a handful of horses, how will he do in a field of say 9-12 others? Will the others be scared and scratch?

Flute - can we say bumped? I cannot believe that Espinoza didn't think that the bumping did nothing for the order of finish. Why did Bailey not get a chance to talk to the stewards? I guess Espinoza was pleased with his payout with Officer??? Flute will do quite nicely in the Distaff.

Aptitude really ran a wonderful race. I had not seen him race previously, but must say I'm on the bandwagon now. He will do nicely in the Classic, though will have much harsher competition there.

I'm amazed to see they retired AP Valentine! He would have been a great 4yo will some rest. Beautiful Pleasure showed a few months ago that it was past her time. She will produce some wonderful babies (imagine a Point Given / Beautiful Pleasure baby???) for us to watch in the future.

Definitely a fine day of racing. So glad I made it to OTB so I could see it!