PDA

View Full Version : Number's Game...who do you Believe...Feds or States

sammy the sage
10-28-2011, 07:19 AM
Feds claiming GDP up...consumer spending up...ect...no recession...whilst MOST states collected sales tax's are going down hard...which means in reality...we're already there..

HUSKER55
10-28-2011, 07:33 AM
have you heard the phrase "follow the money"? nobody is buying.

lamboguy
10-28-2011, 07:46 AM
this all comes down to if you can't trust the messenger, how can you trust the message?

on another note, i have no idea how the governments throughout the world are keeping the gold price suppressed for so long now. they happen to be doing a pretty good job of it though. i mentioned about austria limiting the amounts of gold purchases for its citizens to 22 troy ounces per year. i suspect the same thing will happen here, because it has happened before. i heard a guy yesterday comment that he is hedging his gold with silver. i never even thought that way before, but he might have a good point. his name is GERALD CELENTE. all the experts that i have ever payed any attention to reguarding these world monetary markets always own gold and never bother with the silver. silver has had its day in the history of the world, and it does have plenty of industrial uses today.

Tom
10-28-2011, 07:47 AM
IF the numbers come from the government, they are suspect.
This administration lies.

The Lion African.

sammy the sage
10-28-2011, 08:02 AM
IF the numbers come from the government, they are suspect.
This administration lies.

The Lion African.

Wondered how long it would take to turn THAT way... :rolleyes:

You have to remember...the PREVIOUS administration DID EXACTLY the same in 07...yet MANY on here DEFENDED those #'s...back in the day...including you Tom..

Both sides of the AISLE are BOUGHT & PAID for...just saying..

lamboguy
10-28-2011, 10:45 AM
another wild one is this MF Global deal. they are leveraged 33-1. they are traders that are gambling nothing short of it, and what that type of leverage means is that if you lose 3% of your money, you are now broke. that seems to be what happened to this company.

chickenhead
10-28-2011, 11:16 AM
another wild one is this MF Global deal. they are leveraged 33-1. they are traders that are gambling nothing short of it, and what that type of leverage means is that if you lose 3% of your money, you are now broke. that seems to be what happened to this company.

200 yr old brokerage, Corzine takes over last year, starts them making prop bets, and blows them up.

*Golf clap*

Robert Goren
10-28-2011, 11:19 AM
Feds claiming GDP up...consumer spending up...ect...no recession...whilst MOST states collected sales tax's are going down hard...which means in reality...we're already there..
Where are getting individual states sales tax revenue statements for the third quarter of 2011?

lamboguy
10-28-2011, 11:31 AM
200 yr old brokerage, Corzine takes over last year, starts them making prop bets, and blows them up.

*Golf clap*

but 33-1 is nothing but pure greed, it is a recipe to blow up. and now the taxpayers are going to have to pay to bail this thing out in one way or the other. this is what's sick about this one, add that to whatever the government is going to restrict the citizens from owning a real currency meaning gold and you see where the problems are. all the government wants is for you to have digital money so they can steal it from you anytime they feel like it, with gold they have to figure out how to confiscate it from you.

Robert Goren
10-28-2011, 11:54 AM

*Golf clap* It started as sugar trading company in 1783 that grew into a decent sized financial corporation by 1980 that somehow became only a hedge fund after spinning off its other businesses from 1980 through 2007. It does what hedge funds do all the time, leverage risk. When things don't go as expected they go under. I have no problem with them doing that. They are not a bank and no one except for their investors will miss them. Only a few people didn't know they existed before today and even after they close their doors, most people won't even know they ever existed. They are a classic case of "Too Small To Care".

PaceAdvantage
10-28-2011, 02:30 PM
Wondered how long it would take to turn THAT way... :rolleyes:

You have to remember...the PREVIOUS administration DID EXACTLY the same in 07...yet MANY on here DEFENDED those #'s...back in the day...including you Tom..

Both sides of the AISLE are BOUGHT & PAID for...just saying..Exactly...and many who criticized those numbers back in the day are TOUTING those very same numbers today whenever there is a positive uptick...