PDA

View Full Version : King of the Redboarders

JimG
11-30-2003, 03:39 PM
After watching TVG for a week, there is no doubt that Corey Black is the king of redboard handicapping. He does not go into depth about a race as to why he likes something till after the race has been run. Funny thing, he is always right. Guess he has something in common with my wife. LOL

JimG

Suff
11-30-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by JimG
. Guess he has something in common with my wife. LOL

JimG

And my Boss.

sq764
11-30-2003, 04:53 PM
I used to have Dish Network and watched TVG, but just dropped it. Those guys are the biggest group of morons I have ever listened to.

Not sure what I was sicker of..

Todd Shrup proclaiming himself as the greated

Caton Bradar acting like the most arrogant human on the face of the Earth

Anthony Black's 78 consecutive losing proclamations

Or the pretty boy blonde dude who boasts for a month over his 7/1 shot he gave out (not mentioning the 9 other losers on the card he gave)

blind squirrel
11-30-2003, 05:14 PM
REDBOARDERS HALL OF FAME:

TODD T SCHRUPP,"THE KING OF THE TWO YEAR OLDS".
i always find it amusing that he refuses to even say
"DAILY RACING FORM"{they rip TVG every once in a while}
when he uses it to handicap.

COREY BLACK:I've heard him say he does not bet.
can't take anyone serious who doesn't put money
through the window.

MATT CAROUTHERS:at least you know he wagers.

JustMissed
11-30-2003, 05:41 PM
No redboarding at the Mountaineer Handicapping Show. Nancy McMichael and Mark Patterson not only tell you why or why not they picked their selections, when they they don't hit they are honest enough to tell you what they missed, no excuses.

I normally pass quite a few races simply because I'm just not smart enough to figure them all out. These guys have to declare the finishers for all ten races and some nights their win percentage is unbelieveable. I've seen them hit two or three trifectas cold and they usually seem a little bit embarassed by their success.

Even if you don't care to play the Mountain, you ought to check it out just for the education.

JustMissed
:)

JimG
11-30-2003, 05:53 PM
I agree regarding Nancy and Mark. I always enjoy their show. Don't get me wrong...I really like TVG, I just think Corey Black belongs on a horse and not behind a desk in front of a camera.

JimG

JustRalph
11-30-2003, 06:18 PM
I agree regarding Nancy and Mark. I always enjoy their show. Don't get me wrong...I really like TVG, I just think Corey Black belongs on a horse and not behind a desk in front of a camera.
JimG

a face for radio........... for sure..........

Zaf
11-30-2003, 07:15 PM
Yup,

I enjoy Nancy & Mark also. I can even tolerate Jim Dolan :D

ZAFONIC

BillW
11-30-2003, 07:37 PM
I just think Corey Black belongs on a horse and not behind a desk in front of a camera.

JimG

Jim,

Did you call TVG and complain? I just saw Corey Black on a horse interviewing winning riders at HOL. :D

Bill

ceejay
11-30-2003, 08:41 PM
Actually, I think that Matt C. is a pretty good handicapper.

BillW
11-30-2003, 09:05 PM
Those guys are trying to put on a show for the uninitiated. They know they don't need to sell the hooked handicapper, and rightly so.

They were really bad a few years ago. really goofy stuff. I do miss Claudia though. :)

Bill

sq764
11-30-2003, 09:52 PM
I thought she was horrendous..

Now the Hawaiian chick......

cj
11-30-2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by BillW
... I do miss Claudia though. :)

Bill

I'll tell her you said hello ;)!

JimG
12-01-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by cjmilkowski
I'll tell her you said hello ;)!

For me you can tell her.....on second thought this is a public board. Just tell her I said hello.:D

Jim

JimG
12-01-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by ceejay
Actually, I think that Matt C. is a pretty good handicapper.

I agree...I'd like to see him and Schrupp switch places on the live reports from the track.

I think Rudolph, Carruthers, and Lyons would make a great team.

JimG

trying2win
12-01-2003, 11:21 PM
I did a search of the word REDBOARD at www.dictionary.com ...
According to them, no such word exits. So, I guess it must be that somebody coined this word, or it's a slang word. Whatever...

So, my questions are:

1. Does REDBOARDING just mean telling why you like a horse after the race is over?

2. Or, can it also mean a bettor bragging about some longshot they won on(or allegedly won on) after the race is over?

3. Or, can also mean that situation where another bettor will tell you after the race is over, that if they were at the track in time, that they would have won on such-and-such a longshot (I hear this phony story quite often from other horse players, when attending the track in person).

Thanks,

Trying2win

superfecta
12-01-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by sq764

Now the Hawaiian chick...... :cool:

Lefty
12-02-2003, 01:32 PM
I didn't get TVG for the "personalities" but for the horseracing. On Mon. Tues. they just play music between the races and it works just fine.

delayjf
12-02-2003, 04:23 PM
I like to hear what Marty Lyons has to say. The backstretch (horsemen)and the grandstand (handicappers) can be very different worlds.

Carruthers reminds me of all the overly opionated, high fiving white guys, who majored in broadcasting in college and were all going to be the next Keith Jackson or Al Michaels.

blind squirrel
12-02-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by delayjf
I like to hear what Marty Lyons has to say. The backstretch (horsemen)and the grandstand (handicappers) can be very different worlds.

Carruthers reminds me of all the overly opionated, high fiving white guys, who majored in broadcasting in college and were all going to be the next Keith Jackson or Al Michaels.

FRANK LYONS,not marty.he has trained a BREEDERS CUP
winner.

MATT CAROUTHERS:he is opinionated,but i will say it's
better to hear some one have a take on a 7-1 horse
than hear CATON BREDAR sing the merits of just about
every 4/5 horse.

sq764
12-02-2003, 05:42 PM
You ever notice everytime Caton Brader goes on her little diatribe about some stupid handicapping point, the camera slowly zooms in on only her? And it's like she is waiting for it to happen?

delayjf
12-03-2003, 12:22 PM
Blind Squirrel,

Frank not Marty. I stand corrected. Then who is Marty, did he used to play pro football?? anybody know why Frank is not training anymore?

I'm not saying Carruthers is a bad handicapper in fact I admire it when somebody takes a shot with a longshot. They aught to get me up there, I'd give them a reason to bet against the favorite in almost every race. Like I said, he just reminds me of some know it all frat boy.

blind squirrel
12-03-2003, 12:53 PM
Blind Squirrel,

Frank not Marty. I stand corrected. Then who is Marty, did he used to play pro football?? anybody know why Frank is not training anymore?

I'm not saying Carruthers is a bad handicapper in fact I admire it when somebody takes a shot with a longshot. They aught to get me up there, I'd give them a reason to bet against the favorite in almost every race. Like I said, he just reminds me of some know it all frat boy.

just a guess,didn't MARTY LYONS play for the JETS?

eclecticapper
12-03-2003, 04:54 PM
Yes, Marty Lyons played for the Jets and was part of the New York Sack Exchange (along with Mark Gastineau, Joe Klecko & Abdul Salaam).

cj
12-03-2003, 05:18 PM
...and all this time, I thought Mark Gastineau was a boxer!

BillW
12-03-2003, 10:25 PM
Blind Squirrel,

delayjf,

I think Lyons won one against Frankel last weekend at HOL. I'm not at home so it's not convenient for me to check. I think it was Sun.

Bill

blind squirrel
12-04-2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by BillW
delayjf,

I think Lyons won one against Frankel last weekend at HOL. I'm not at home so it's not convenient for me to check. I think it was Sun.

Bill

He did win,as an owner.JEFF MULLINS trained a horse
he bought in IRELAND.

cato
12-04-2003, 09:18 AM
"...and all this time, I thought Mark Gastineau was a boxer!"

Nope, he's a clown...

Cato

delayjf
12-04-2003, 01:07 PM
What Breeders Cup winner did Lyons train. On another note, I really enjoyed the "Workout Show" the TVG did prior to the Breeders Cup. Lyons plus the other trainer they had commentating (from Kentucky, Tom Amoss??) gave a lot of insight into the training of a horse and what to look for in a workout. Not sure how predictable the workout info was, I've heard that such information is vastly overrated when predicting the Kentucky Derby, but it was interesting none the less.

cj
12-04-2003, 01:10 PM
1995 Sprint-Desert Stormer

BillW
12-04-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by blind squirrel
He did win,as an owner.JEFF MULLINS trained a horse
he bought in IRELAND.

Oops, I just caught the end where the TVG crew was busting Frankel, they asked him if he was going to go and congratulate Frank. He gave a very wishy-washy answer. Sonded like he was pissed :D .

Thanks for the info, Blind,

Bill