PDA

View Full Version : States changing to red. People running to red

JustRalph
10-23-2011, 06:36 PM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/merrillmatthews/2011/10/21/the-red-state-in-your-future/

Red states versus blue and those running from blue

Robert Goren
10-23-2011, 06:50 PM
Forbes is not exactly a neutral observer considering its editor-in-chief once ran for the GOP nomination for president.

boxcar
10-23-2011, 06:58 PM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/merrillmatthews/2011/10/21/the-red-state-in-your-future/

I never realized that we had soooo many unpatriotic, ungrateful, inconsiderate, selfish and greedy people living in this country. The article claimed that "Golden Staters", for example, are leaving in droves. And I'd bet my last dollar that 99% of them ain't relocatin' to another blue state!

I just don't understand people. After everything the government has done to them (excuse me...."for them") to help them realize the "American Dream", they don't want to give back. What horrible ingrates! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Boxcar

bigmack
10-23-2011, 06:58 PM
Forbes is not exactly a neutral observer considering its editor-in-chief once ran for the GOP nomination for president.
How much more obtuse could you possible get?

It's not an opinion piece, it's fact.

Hows about you try and shoot a hole in it with your adroit skills? That would be a hoot to watch.

JustRalph
10-23-2011, 07:03 PM
Get Busy Goren

http://www.alec.org/AM/pdf/tax/11rsps/RSPS_4thEdition1.pdf

bigmack
10-23-2011, 07:42 PM
That article shows the bleak future and the disgusting manner in which states like NY, IL & CA are run.

Damn Dems:

The study looks at factors that affect state prosperity and economic outlook, such as tax burdens and population change. What’s clear is that red or red-leaning states dominate the top positions while blue states have the dubious distinction of dragging in last. In the economic outlook section, for example, the top 20 states are bright red or lean red, while eight out of the bottom 10 are very blue: New York, Vermont, California, Hawaii, New Jersey, Illinois, Oregon and Rhode Island.

Most of the “poor states” states, as ALEC calls them, have the highest personal income tax rates and the largest unfunded state pension liabilities. But instead of taking the red-state approach by lowering taxes and/or cutting spending, the blue states tend to want to raise taxes even higher, just like their White House mentor.

The result of their overpromising and overspending, and their knee-jerk response to solving their fiscal problems by raising taxes, is that people are increasingly fleeing the blue states. As commentator Michael Medved points out: “Between 2009 and 2010 the five biggest losers in terms of ‘residents lost to other states’ were all prominent redoubts of progressivism: California, New York, Illinois, Michigan, and New Jersey. Meanwhile, the five biggest winners in the relocation sweepstakes are all commonly identified as red states in which Republicans generally dominate local politics: Florida, Texas, North Carolina, Arizona, and Georgia.”

boxcar
10-23-2011, 07:44 PM

The history-making results of the midterm elections weren't "neutral" either. How could you have missed them? Were you abducted by aliens or something at that time?

Boxcar

Sugar Ron
10-23-2011, 08:04 PM
Yeah, escaping those brutal winters probably has nothing to do with why people leave states like MI, IL, and NY ... and go to places like FL and TX.

It's all cuz of fiscal problems :rolleyes:

bigmack
10-23-2011, 08:10 PM
Yeah, escaping those brutal winters probably has nothing to do with why people leave states like MI, IL, and NY ... and go to places like FL and TX.

Try and remember this post of yours when people laugh at ANYTHING you have to offer.

fast4522
10-23-2011, 08:14 PM
America is facing tough choices not just in our lifetime but very near future, it will become very clear to the majority of voting Americans that it will have to completely abandon the whole Kennedy country culture or implode completely. I am not talking about social security, or rolling granny over the cliff but whole other programs will be decimated because there is no way to pay our debt and continue as we have been. Plus we will not be immune from new war that is soon to rock the world, count on it.

Mike at A+
10-23-2011, 08:22 PM

Why on earth would liberals move to those states when global warming will soon make living conditions unbearable? :lol: :lol: :lol:

boxcar
10-23-2011, 08:34 PM
Why on earth would liberals move to those states when global warming will soon make living conditions unbearable? :lol: :lol: :lol:

If SugarPlum really can't connect the dots and see how the Blue Staters' exodus correlates to fiscal irresponsibility, then he's denser than a neutron star. Either that or he thinks everyone is a Mad Masochist like himself. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Sugar Ron
10-23-2011, 08:39 PM
Try and remember this post of yours when people laugh at ANYTHING you have to offer.

Have an adult beverage ... and thank your maker that you're not working for minimum wage in Richard's Texas...

Sugar Ron
10-23-2011, 08:41 PM

Why stick around and deal with those winters in blue PA, Mike, when you can move south and hang with the cons?

bigmack
10-23-2011, 08:44 PM
Why stick around and deal with those winters in blue PA, Mike, when you can move south and hang with the cons?
What state do you park your can and buy your Cheetos & Mtn Dew?

Mike at A+
10-23-2011, 08:49 PM
Blue PA? Google "2010 election results".

Sugar Ron
10-23-2011, 09:18 PM
Blue PA? Google "2010 election results".

Googled "Toomey disapproval rating" instead

Not pretty...

Sugar Ron
10-23-2011, 09:19 PM
What state do you park your can and buy your Cheetos & Mtn Dew?

Stop playing dumb...

bigmack
10-23-2011, 09:21 PM
Stop playing dumb...
Stop BEING dumb.

What state are you in besides delusional & confused?

Mike at A+
10-23-2011, 09:27 PM
Googled "Toomey disapproval rating" instead

Not pretty...
That tells me he's doing a good job by pissing off the assholes in Philly. I happen to know him personally from the neighborhood and he's doing exactly what we voted him in to do.

NJ Stinks
10-23-2011, 10:17 PM
The article lost any credibility it may have had as soon as it quoted Michael Medved. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I can understand why people pay more to live in "New York, Vermont, California, Hawaii, New Jersey, Illinois, Oregon and Rhode Island."

It doesn't matter to me if you understand or not. (shrug)

Tom
10-23-2011, 10:22 PM
Stop playing dumb...

YOU can say this with a straight face????? :lol: :lol:

BlueShoe
10-23-2011, 10:24 PM

Cold weather is related to fiscal soundness and people leaving? Then why are people staying in North and South Dakota, Wyoming, Idaho, Utah, and Colorado, all Rocky Mountain or Northern Plains states? Could it be because folks are working, or could it be because these states are all ranked in the top ten states for economic outlook in the Laffer study and all are Red States? Last we heard, the winters in Fargo and Cheyenne are still pretty rough, or has the left decreed these places infected with global warming?

mostpost
10-23-2011, 10:49 PM

So many things wrong with this. ALEC is not a bipartisan organization. It claims to be an association of conservative state legislators, but it is actually the mechanism through which those legislators get their marching orders. ALEC's board of directors consists of executives from companies like Coca Cola, Exxon Mobil, GlaxoSmithKline, Koch companies, Pfizer, State Farm, UPS and WalMart.

Then there is the so-called criteria. The poorest states are the ones with the highest tax rates? Ignore median income. Ignore the relative poverty rates. Ignore unemployment. Ignore foreclosures. Just find the highest tax rates and declare those states the poorest by fiat.

Let's use some realistic measures of which are poor states.
Unemployment: Of the top twenty states in unemployment 10 have a Republican Governor and Legislature. 5 have a Democratic Governor and Legislature. and 5 have a governor and Legislature of different parties.
Foreclosure: Five of the top ten have a Republican Governor and legislature. Two had both a Democratic governor and a Democratic legislature. Three of the states had a combination.
Last, Poverty level-that means who is poor. 11 of the 20 poorest states have a Republican Governor and a Republican controlled legislature. Only three are controlled totally by Democrats and nine are split.

If you want to know where I got these statistics, just use google. I can do it, you can do it.

bigmack
10-23-2011, 10:56 PM
If you want to know where I got these statistics, just use google. I can do it, you can do it.
Doesn't work that way. The way it DOES WORK is that you link your source. You don't wanna be a hack, do ya?

SO PLEASED to see you in this discussion. This should be fun. :ThmbUp:

BlueShoe
10-23-2011, 11:14 PM
SO PLEASED to see you in this discussion. This should be fun. :ThmbUp:
Will be even more fun if and when 'Cappy jumps in. He has not posted in a week, did he finally throw in the towel? This thread was just made for one of his goofy charts or graphs that only he can comprehend. :sleeping: :D

Robert Goren
10-23-2011, 11:35 PM
The history-making results of the midterm elections weren't "neutral" either. How could you have missed them? Were you abducted by aliens or something at that time?

BoxcarElections results are good for two years. The democrats were pointing to the 2008 election as history making two. When Republicans take back the White house(whenever that will be) and hold it and both house of congress for 20 years like democrats did 1932, but one mid term don't prove a whole lot.
By the way, what makes you think that the democrats who moved South will suddenly start voting republican. There were tons of papers written after 2008 elections on how the ethnic groups who vote democratic were growing and the ethnic groups that vote republican were shrinking. I don't that the brith rates have changed in the last two years. In 2010 republicans got a lot of the seniors's vote. But since they are talking about cutting SS and medicaid that isn't going to happen again.

boxcar
10-23-2011, 11:44 PM
Elections results are good for two years. The democrats were pointing to the 2008 election as history making two. When Republicans take back the White house(whenever that will be) and hold it and both house of congress for 20 years like democrats did 1932, but one mid term don't prove a whole lot.
By the way, what makes you think that the democrats who moved South will suddenly start voting republican. There were tons of papers written after 2008 elections on how the ethnic groups who vote democratic were growing and the ethnic groups that vote republican were shrinking. I don't that the brith rates have changed in the last two years. In 2010 republicans got a lot of the seniors's vote. But since they are talking about cutting SS and medicaid that isn't going to happen again.

Tell me all this after the next election. Hint: It's people's pocketbooks, stupid! I tell you a truth: There will not be a Dem running for reelection who will want to be caught dead within 100 miles of your TOXIC messiah! Bank on this!

Boxcar

boxcar
10-23-2011, 11:50 PM
[QUOTE=NJ Stinks]The article lost any credibility it may have had as soon as it quoted Michael Medved. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I can understand why people pay more to live in "New York, Vermont, California, Hawaii, New Jersey, Illinois, Oregon and Rhode Island."

So can I. Those poor slobs don't have enough money to pay their moving costs, let alone other related costs.

Boxcar

NJ Stinks
10-23-2011, 11:57 PM
[QUOTE=NJ Stinks]The article lost any credibility it may have had as soon as it quoted Michael Medved. :rolleyes:

So can I. Those poor slobs don't have enough money to pay their moving costs, let alone other related costs.

Boxcar

Boxcar, I'm just curious. It doesn't have anything to do with Red or Blue states.

Tell me if you agree or disagree with this statement. In general, Florida is lucky if it get 4 months of bearable weather per year.

boxcar
10-24-2011, 12:00 AM
[QUOTE=boxcar]

Boxcar, I'm just curious. It doesn't have anything to do with Red or Blue states.

Tell me if you agree or disagree with this statement. In general, Florida is lucky if it get 4 months of bearable weather per year.

You can't handle curiosity. A nine-lifer, you're not. As it is, you're hanging on to the one life you have by the skin of your teeth.

Boxcar

Robert Goren
10-24-2011, 12:03 AM
That article shows the bleak future and the disgusting manner in which states like NY, IL & CA are run.

Damn Dems:

The study looks at factors that affect state prosperity and economic outlook, such as tax burdens and population change. What’s clear is that red or red-leaning states dominate the top positions while blue states have the dubious distinction of dragging in last. In the economic outlook section, for example, the top 20 states are bright red or lean red, while eight out of the bottom 10 are very blue: New York, Vermont, California, Hawaii, New Jersey, Illinois, Oregon and Rhode Island.

Most of the “poor states” states, as ALEC calls them, have the highest personal income tax rates and the largest unfunded state pension liabilities. But instead of taking the red-state approach by lowering taxes and/or cutting spending, the blue states tend to want to raise taxes even higher, just like their White House mentor.

The result of their overpromising and overspending, and their knee-jerk response to solving their fiscal problems by raising taxes, is that people are increasingly fleeing the blue states. As commentator Michael Medved points out: “Between 2009 and 2010 the five biggest losers in terms of ‘residents lost to other states’ were all prominent redoubts of progressivism: California, New York, Illinois, Michigan, and New Jersey. Meanwhile, the five biggest winners in the relocation sweepstakes are all commonly identified as red states in which Republicans generally dominate local politics: Florida, Texas, North Carolina, Arizona, and Georgia.”From Fox Business Channel, the ten states with the highest poverty rates. They are MS, AR, TN, WV, LA, MT, SC, KY, AL and NC.
http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2011/09/16/americas-poorest-states/
I believe you will find all ten are red states and have been for years.

NJ Stinks
10-24-2011, 12:15 AM
[QUOTE=NJ Stinks]

You can't handle curiosity. A nine-lifer, you're not. As it is, you're hanging on to the one life you have by the skin of your teeth.

Boxcar

That's the nicest thing you ever said to me, Boxcar! ;)

bigmack
10-24-2011, 12:50 AM
They are MS, AR, TN, WV, LA, MT, SC, KY, AL and NC.
I believe you will find all ten are red states and have been for years.
What is this, a joke? We're talking about the health of the State. NOT average income. Check & see what states have been the poorest for the last 100 years. You'll more than likely find the same states. Earth shattering/ :eek:

If you want to bring something to the table, make it relevant.

mostpost
10-24-2011, 01:17 AM

Of course you are right. In addition to the increase in population in states like Florida, Texas, North Carolina, Arizona and Georgia, what else is happening demographically in the United States? The Baby Boomers have reached retirement age. They are retiring to the Sunshine States.
People aren't going south to work, they are going there to retire. Texas has a poverty rate of 16.2% Georgia's poverty rate is 14.4%. Arizona 15.2% North Carolina 13.2%.

No, wait. I'm sorry. We don't use the poverty level to determine the financial health of a state. We don't use unemployment. We don't use foreclosures. We use the tax rate paid by corporations and the wealthy. If half the population starves that's OK as long as Bigmack doesn't have to pay too much tax. :mad:

PaceAdvantage
10-24-2011, 04:39 AM
And just think...after Democrats took total control of Congress, and then the White House, some wrote on here that the Republican party would be dead for at least the next 100 years...they talked with joy how difficult it would be for the Republican party to build itself back up after such a beating...it would take DECADES at least, or so the story went...

HAH!

Robert Goren
10-24-2011, 07:57 AM
And just think...after Democrats took total control of Congress, and then the White House, some wrote on here that the Republican party would be dead for at least the next 100 years...they talked with joy how difficult it would be for the Republican party to build itself back up after such a beating...it would take DECADES at least, or so the story went...

HAH!
That happens every time a party has a huge election win. Somehow the other party always comes back.

Tom
10-24-2011, 09:36 AM
The success of TP candidates ever since forebodes ill for the 100 year reign.

Better Red than Marxist. :D

Mike at A+
10-24-2011, 09:43 AM
That happens every time a party has a huge election win. Somehow the other party always comes back.
Actually that happens when the winning party acts arrogant as the Democrats did between '08 and '10. Things like parading through the streets with an oversized hammer rubbing people's noses into the fact that Obamacare was rammed through against the will of the people, the appointment of unqualified cronies to powerful government positions, blatant racism, the failure to prosecute a slam dunk case because of Eric Holder's belief that blacks are incapable of committing hate crimes against whites, the exclusive vacations and golf outings taken while America is suffering, the lies, the spike in unemployment, the apology tour, the disrespect for American values, the lack of promised transparency, the threat of using the nuclear option to ram through unpopular legislation, the lobbyists who were supposed to be gone in this administration, the handouts to unions and supporters, the failed solar businesses and a shitload of so many other things that ticked off Americans. Let's see if "the other party" comes back in 2012 or if Republican majorities increase in the House and Senate.

boxcar
10-24-2011, 01:58 PM
[QUOTE=boxcar]

That's the nicest thing you ever said to me, Boxcar! ;)

Thanks. Good to see my remedial courses in Social Graces are paying off.

Boxcar

Tom
10-24-2011, 02:07 PM
Thank you, Mr. Obama for this........

mostpost
10-24-2011, 04:30 PM

HAH!

The last time something like this happened was the late '40s. Democrats controlled the 79th Congress (Senate 57-38; House 243-190). After the election the situation was reversed with the Republicans adding 12 seats in the Senate and 55 in the House. They did the same thing they are doing now. Nothing. The 81st Congress had 54 Democratic Senators and 42 Republicans. A gain of nine. In the house the news was even better. (or worse from your point of view.)
The Democrats gained 75 seats and it wasn't until the 90's that Republicans controlled the House of Representatives again. We have an identical situation now with a do nothing Republican Congress. I predict the same outcome.

bigmack
10-24-2011, 04:38 PM
I predict the same outcome.
Clearly, you've abandoned any debate front of the issue at hand. 'Cause you got nothin'.

Don't make me laugh. House/Senate & Double-O go red in '12. $500 towards a contest to the loser. You in?

mostpost
10-24-2011, 04:45 PM
Clearly, you've abandoned any debate front of the issue at hand. 'Cause you got nothin'.

Don't make me laugh. House/Senate & Double-O go red in '12. $500 towards a contest to the loser. You in?No

boxcar
10-24-2011, 04:55 PM
Thank you, Mr. Obama for this........

How come Canada and Mexico ain't turnin' to Red? :eek: :eek:

Boxcar

mostpost
10-24-2011, 05:34 PM
Actually that happens when the winning party acts arrogant as the Democrats did between '08 and '10. Things like parading through the streets with an oversized hammer rubbing people's noses into the fact that Obamacare was rammed through against the will of the people,
Obama care passed because there were more votes for it than against it. That is how democracy works. Stop whining.

the appointment of unqualified cronies to powerful government positions,
You mean like FEMA director Michael Brown, who screwed up the Katrina response so badly. Or maybe the DOJ guys who somehow managed to decide torture and rendition were constitutional. Or maybe you are referring to Bush's appointments to the SEC who looked the other way while Wall Street was stealing all our money. And this is without mentioning that Obama appointed Hillary Clinton, hardly a crony, as Secretary of State. Appointed a Republican, Robert Gates, as Secretary of Defense. Appointed Ray LaHood, a Republican congressman from Illinois as Secretary of Transportation.

blatant racism, the failure to prosecute a slam dunk case because of Eric Holder's belief that blacks are incapable of committing hate crimes against whites,
A slam dunk case with no complaints from voters; no evidence that any one was prevented from voting and no one who complained of being intimidated into voting for someone they did not want to vote for. I have explained this several times. It is obvious that you will never get it.

the exclusive vacations and golf outings taken while America is suffering,
Obama has taken half the vacations Bush took at the same time in his presidency.

the lies, the spike in unemployment,
From Feb. 2008 to Feb 2009 (All but ten days of which were under George W. Bush) Unemployment rose from 4.8% to 8.2%, an increase of 3.6%. That is a spike. From Feb. 2009 to Feb. 2010 it increased to 9.7%, an increase of 1.5%
less than half the increase under Bush. and now it is down to 9.1%

the apology tour,
never happened.
the disrespect for American values,
like the value of stealing from the poor, or the value of making it more difficult for certain classes to vote, or the value of not paying a fair wage, or the value of selling people homes they can't afford then foreclosing on those homes and selling them again to people who can't afford them. Guess what? I disrespect those values too.
the lack of promised transparency, the threat of using the nuclear option to ram through unpopular legislation,
Which was first used by Bill Frist and the republicans in 2005

the lobbyists who were supposed to be gone in this administration, the handouts to unions and supporters, the failed solar businesses and a shitload of so many other things that ticked off Americans. Let's see if "the other party" comes back in 2012 or if Republican majorities increase in the House and Senate.

There are many other flaws in your argument, but I am getting bored with you.

bigmack
10-24-2011, 05:40 PM
Obama care passed because there were more votes for it than against it. That is how democracy works. Stop whining.
Do you have a vote count or was that nuclear?

By the time you figure out how democracy works the PoS bill will have been repealed or thrown out by the Supremes. The whole ordeal was a COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME/$$.

Mike at A+
10-24-2011, 05:48 PM
There are many other flaws in your argument, but I am getting bored with you.
Yeah, I see how bored you are. You spent a good half hour putting that nonsense response together. I'd show you how wrong you are in everything you said but you're not worth the effort. You're long gone and beyond hope.

Steve 'StatMan'
10-24-2011, 07:18 PM
Do you have a vote count or was that nuclear?

By the time you figure out how democracy works the PoS bill will have been repealed or thrown out by the Supremes. The whole ordeal was a COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME/$$.

That was passed using the nuclear option, only took 51 votes. For the most important, expensive piece of legislation to affect us in the nearing future.

No, we know bullshit trick is was, Mostie, and we won't shut up.

ArlJim78
10-24-2011, 07:28 PM
obamacare passed only because they lied and misrepresented what it was and what it would cost. it was the biggest fraud in history, everything that obama said about it wasn't true. he should be put in a cell next to madoff.

mostpost
10-24-2011, 08:02 PM
That was passed using the nuclear option, only took 51 votes. For the most important, expensive piece of legislation to affect us in the nearing future.

No, we know bullshit trick is was, Mostie, and we won't shut up.

The affordable Health Care for America Act was NOT passed using the nuclear option. Here is what the nuclear option is. The rules of the Senate allow a member to filibuster to prevent passage of a bill. To end the filibuster 60 votes is required. To change the rules of the Senate only a simple majority is required. The nuclear option would change the rules of the Senate regarding a filibuster. Those rules were not changed at the time of the vote on the Affordable Health Care Act.
The rules of the Senate also state there are certain times a filibuster can not be used. I don't remember the exact circumstances, but the Senate is allowed to vote on a bill received from the House without that bill being subject to the filibuster, if it makes no changes to the bill. Since the Democrats have the power to decide what comes to the floor and since they would not allow amendments, they were able to pass the bill with 51 votes.

You may not like this, but they were acting within the rules and they were not using the Nuclear Option.

boxcar
10-24-2011, 08:05 PM
Yeah, I see how bored you are. You spent a good half hour putting that nonsense response together. I'd show you how wrong you are in everything you said but you're not worth the effort. You're long gone and beyond hope.

Being out of Hope has to mean he's working on the only thing he has left --his loose Change.

Boxcar

Steve 'StatMan'
10-24-2011, 08:59 PM
The affordable Health Care for America Act was NOT passed using the nuclear option. Here is what the nuclear option is. The rules of the Senate allow a member to filibuster to prevent passage of a bill. To end the filibuster 60 votes is required. To change the rules of the Senate only a simple majority is required. The nuclear option would change the rules of the Senate regarding a filibuster. Those rules were not changed at the time of the vote on the Affordable Health Care Act.
The rules of the Senate also state there are certain times a filibuster can not be used. I don't remember the exact circumstances, but the Senate is allowed to vote on a bill received from the House without that bill being subject to the filibuster, if it makes no changes to the bill. Since the Democrats have the power to decide what comes to the floor and since they would not allow amendments, they were able to pass the bill with 51 votes.

You may not like this, but they were acting within the rules and they were not using the Nuclear Option.

They did it in a shitty way in order to pass it with only 51 votes - something this damed expensive and important and affecting all nearly all people and businessess in this country. This is not to say both sides haven't pulled these shitty games before. But this was too important to do that. They only had 59 votes. Normally 60 is required.

I need insurance, but not this way, as time will tell. I lost my employee status at my job likely just to make sure the company won't have to pay my insurance when the push comes to shove - they can't afford it, and turned my status like the others in my position - and I'm sure if I didn't agree, I'd be gone, no matter how much they liked me and my work.

Many employers are not hiring because of the effects of the healthcare law and the still-to-be determined and figured out ramifications of it. Helped a few, hurt a lot, most won't know it. Thanks to the Big D 51. You know what ya'll can do with that Big D. And what you can do with it after the 2012 when you have nothing to do once you're voted out of office.

ElKabong
10-24-2011, 09:18 PM

Stupidest-estest post of the year, Sugar Plum....Besides, One summer like the one we just had would send a rust belter back in a heartbeat....Unless of course they wanted a better job and lifestyle

Sugar Ron
10-25-2011, 10:09 AM
Wow ... mostpost swoops in and proceeds to OWN Big Mac and Mike at D+ (again).

HIGHLY entertaining

Stupidest-estest post of the year, Sugar Plum....Besides, One summer like the one we just had would send a rust belter back in a heartbeat....Unless of course they wanted a better job and lifestyle

Yeah, bong, TX is a great place to go if you're looking for a minimum-wage job with no benefits.

Not to mention the fact that it's at (or very near) the top of the most polluted state's list.

Sounds more like Mexico north...

Mike at A+
10-25-2011, 10:29 AM
Wow ... mostpost swoops in and proceeds to OWN Big Mac and Mike at D+ (again).
Truth is that I could buy him and sell him 1,000 times over. And you too. You're nothing but a mindless troll with no ideas of your own.

Sugar Ron
10-25-2011, 11:17 AM
Truth is that I could buy him and sell him 1,000 times over. And you too. You're nothing but a mindless troll with no ideas of your own.

LOL ... put down the reefer, Mike

You're not even in that guy's league...

Mike at A+
10-25-2011, 11:40 AM
LOL ... put down the reefer, Mike

You're not even in that guy's league...
No "reefer" here. College days were over long ago. These are the "personal responsibility" years. But I do agree that mostie is in a league of his own which I choose to avoid as a responsible adult.

lamboguy
10-25-2011, 12:12 PM
i really wonder how stupid people are, no matter which party they vote for, all the candidates have the very same lobbyist's. it is certainly alot of fun watching all you liberals and conservetives argue all the time. no matter who you elect you get the very same thing, and both sides think their way are better than the other.

bigmack
10-25-2011, 12:27 PM
i really wonder how stupid people are
Speaking of which...As frequently as you use 'alot', when do you think you'll finally get that it's a lot. :confused:

Not to be persnickety but come on. I think it was covered in 4th grade.

rastajenk
10-25-2011, 02:13 PM
Grammar and Usage lesson! Alright (sic)!! :)

lamboguy
10-25-2011, 02:19 PM
i learned when they don't like the reality of things here they attack the messenger. sure i can't spell, i am here to learn.

NJ Stinks
10-25-2011, 04:14 PM
Not to be persnickety but come on. I think it was covered in 4th grade.

The above is the very definition of persnickety. :ThmbDown:

bigmack
10-25-2011, 04:44 PM
i learned when they don't like the reality of things here they attack the messenger. sure i can't spell, i am here to learn.
What would you like to debate? You scamming the HC system, your inability to capitalize ONE word, your infantile spelling, or....?

See you learned something today. A lot. Let's see if it takes.

mostpost
10-25-2011, 05:14 PM
The success of TP candidates ever since forebodes ill for the 100 year reign.

Better Red than Marxist. :DThey were not all that successful. 32% of Tea Party candidates running for Congress won. Which means 68% lost. And there was no Tea Party on the ballot in any states. Tea Party candidates ran as Republicans. Many of them won in states and districts that are heavily Republican. They could have declared themselves Klingons and won in many of those districts.

boxcar
10-25-2011, 05:19 PM
The above is the very definition of persnickety. :ThmbDown:

Not a surprising attitude coming from someone as grammar-challenged as you are. :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

Boxcar

bigmack
10-25-2011, 05:28 PM
They were not all that successful. 32% of Tea Party candidates running for Congress won. Which means 68% lost. And there was no Tea Party on the ballot in any states. Tea Party candidates ran as Republicans. Many of them won in states and districts that are heavily Republican. They could have declared themselves Klingons and won in many of those districts.
When will you be addressing the issue at hand? Red States are in FAR better financial shape than those with a blue hue.

ArlJim78
10-25-2011, 05:30 PM
i really wonder how stupid people are, no matter which party they vote for, all the candidates have the very same lobbyist's. it is certainly alot of fun watching all you liberals and conservetives argue all the time. no matter who you elect you get the very same thing, and both sides think their way are better than the other.
this is lazy thinking, and if you think the parties are roughly the same, no disrespect, but it might be you who are stupid.
sure, yes, lobbyists exist no matter the party. but no they aren't the same lobbyists and the result is not always the same either.

questions: if the parties are the same and use the same lobbyists, then why do we now have total gridlock in congress?

If the parties are the same, then you are going to tell me that if the democrats still had control of the house that they would not have already passed the presidents second stimulus (jobs bill)? that it wouldn't be sitting up there DOA like it is now?

lamboguy
10-25-2011, 07:05 PM
this is lazy thinking, and if you think the parties are roughly the same, no disrespect, but it might be you who are stupid.
sure, yes, lobbyists exist no matter the party. but no they aren't the same lobbyists and the result is not always the same either.

questions: if the parties are the same and use the same lobbyists, then why do we now have total gridlock in congress?

If the parties are the same, then you are going to tell me that if the democrats still had control of the house that they would not have already passed the presidents second stimulus (jobs bill)? that it wouldn't be sitting up there DOA like it is now?
the banks, insurance company's, large corporation's always donate to both political candidates to make sure they are covered no matter what the outcome to the poitical race. maybe they hire 2 different lobbyist's to hand out the money, but it all comes down to the same thing. that is not called lazy, that is called buying off representetives from both parties so that those big company's get a good taste of the apple when it counts. supposedly the party policy's are different before they get elected. when they don't do anything when they sit in the capitol building they call it gridlock. both sides blame each other, and then they go out to dinner and then go home.