View Full Version : This movie looks very interesting - Chronicle

PaceAdvantage
10-22-2011, 08:18 PM
Just saw the trailer for this (choose 1080p for best picture):

i-M5Qx57_UU

bigmack
10-22-2011, 08:45 PM
Not out til Feb '12.

I have reason to believe I mentally changed a boatload of consecutive street lights to green one time. Either that or it was tip top timing.

PaceAdvantage
10-22-2011, 09:21 PM
When I saw you were the first to reply, I had mentally prepared myself for a serious ripping on my taste in movies... :lol:

Dave Schwartz
10-22-2011, 09:28 PM
That looks like it has great promise.

Thanks, PA.

bigmack
10-22-2011, 09:34 PM
When I saw you were the first to reply, I had mentally prepared myself for a serious ripping on my taste in movies... :lol:
:D I hear that.

Somehow I get the feeling one of these days I'm going to have to ask D.Schmidt if I can take the 'surly' tag from him. The only thing that triggers a post from me is someone pissin' me off.

Women trouble can cause a man to be a bad actor.

nijinski
10-23-2011, 12:20 AM
Can't wait for the release , sharing the link.

JBmadera
10-23-2011, 08:53 AM
Looks a little creepy for me. Now this one I cannot wait to see:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810165648/trailer

PaceAdvantage
10-24-2011, 03:44 AM
Looks a little creepy for me. Now this one I cannot wait to see:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810165648/trailerYup...that one is definitely on my must see list...

Although the title seems a little ordinary given the implications of the subject matter...lol

Hell, even I've been subjected to a margin call in my lifetime... :lol:

098poi
10-24-2011, 06:49 AM
I saw Moneyball yesterday which I thoroughly enjoyed. The only sports I follow are golf and racing so I didn't know if I'd like it but I was pleasantly surprised. It should appeal to people here.

PaceAdvantage
10-25-2011, 02:40 AM
I watched Margin Call tonight (it is out in theaters AND available on demand on cable at the same time...)

I can see why it was released in both formats simultaneously...it wasn't a bad movie...far from it...

But it moved in a very methodical, slow pace that many people may not like...

I liked it, but I can see why it's only playing in only a few theaters in NYC and nowhere else that I can find in the NY metro area + Long Island...

Excellent cast...Kevin Spacey...Jeremy Irons...Stanley Tucci...Demi Moore...Zachary Quinto...

bigmack
10-25-2011, 02:56 AM
I liked it, but I can see why it's only playing in only a few theaters in NYC and nowhere else that I can find in the NY metro area + Long Island...

Excellent cast...Kevin Spacey...Jeremy Irons...Stanley Tucci...Demi Moore...Zachary Quinto...
This is freaky. I just finished watching it.

Great cast, snappy writing. It doesn't use typical Hollywood style embellishments. It's a quiet little film but compelling.

I'm still of the belief that a REALLY well done film has yet to be made of trading.

PaceAdvantage
10-25-2011, 03:02 AM
It's a quiet little film but compelling.

I'm still of the belief that a REALLY well done film has yet to be made of trading.I agree on both counts.

Although Floored was a decent documentary...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1326220/

lW37sEkXMMc