PDA

View Full Version : Belmont 10/22 4th Race

riskman
10-22-2011, 03:17 PM
There was a four horse entry in the above race at Belmont from FLYING ZEE STABLE.
How many entries are you allowed?
This was a thirteen horse field.The entry took 1st, 2nd and 4th place.
This was a Stakes for 2 years olds foaled in NYS. The purse was a $100,000.
There was not a Superfecta in the race.
I guess the horse who placed 5th becomes the 3rd horse in the Trifecta for wagering purposes.This whole thing gets confusing and personally to have a four horse entry in a $100,000 stakes race does not make much sense except to have an unfair advantage. Am I looking at this the wrong way?

KirisClown
10-22-2011, 04:32 PM
This whole thing gets confusing and personally to have a four horse entry in a $100,000 stakes race does not make much sense except to have an unfair advantage. Am I looking at this the wrong way?

Three of the four finished in the first 4 slots, including the win.. I don't think they were entered to have an unfair advantage.. They were entered because they belonged in the race. Flying Zee has a good number of NY breds, they have for many years.. Today is the day to run the decent ones they have.

It's not the first time and it won't be the last that there is a 4 horse entry in a stake.. 1n 1996 Sheikh Mohammed had a 4 horse entry in the Breeders Cup Turf..

the little guy
10-22-2011, 04:37 PM
It's not the first time and it won't be the last that there is a 4 horse entry in a stake.. 1n 1996 Sheikh Mohammed had a 4 horse entry in the Breeders Cup Turf..

Didn't Lukas run 1-2-3-4-5 in the 1988 Juvenile Fillies with a five horse entry ( headed by Open Mind )?

KirisClown
10-22-2011, 04:49 PM
Didn't Lukas run 1-2-3-4-5 in the 1988 Juvenile Fillies with a five horse entry ( headed by Open Mind )?

I had to look that up... Lukas had 5 in the race, they finished 1-2-3-6 and 11th.. Open Mind, Darby Shuffle, Lea Lucinda,Some Romance and One Of A Klein.. At least Lukas won that race, the Sheihk's entry which included Swain and Singspeil was beaten..

1988 Juvenile Fillies (http://www.breederscup.com/images/88juvfil.gif)

MickJ26
10-22-2011, 07:34 PM
Maybe since Flying Zee is dispersing their stable at the Keeneland sale, they wanted to get as much black type for their horses as possible?