PDA

View Full Version : NY Breds Saturday at Belmont

PhantomOnTour
10-22-2011, 01:37 AM
Two plays yesterday: one scratch and one winner at 5-2 in a thriller

Should be nice weather tomorrow at Belmont...

Race 3: looking at 3 state breds who sold for a lot of money at the Ocala Sales, esp for NY breds...most notably #12 Peggy Jane - stud fee was 5k and she went for 200k even though this is the dam's first runner, usual leisurely works for an Assman debuter, his man Nakatani rides (he does well riding babies)...drawbacks are the wide post and the fact she's been working since May and hasn't run yet.
Also #6 Thirty Minutes - sold for 100k from a 4.5k stud fee, nice works, speedy pedigree, connections are okay, need more than 8-1 ML...
and #5 Flea Flicker - sold for 120k and his merits are obvious, likely chalk may wire 'em

Race 4: tough to deny the four headed Flying Zee monster, so I will try underneath with #3 Ganador - rail is his for the taking and can either go to the front or hopefully sit in behind #8 or anyone else who wants to wing it, makes a move to the lead at some point, hang in there Rajiv, you can run 5th and still fill out the exacta :D

Race 5: swangin for it a bit here with #11 Raffies Chance - closed well in slop in debut on +E track then faced a few tough sprinters in next, now streches and moves to turf with decent grass pedigree, couple of interim works, give her a shot for a slice. ML: 20-1

Race 6: race is loaded with E/P types and should be crowded up front. Gimme a cutbacker drawn outside like #8 Preachintothedevil - solid vs NY breds, Lezcano back up for hopeful repeat of 26Jun race which puts him right there, very strong works...almost too strong. ML: 10-1

Race 7: if Flea Flicker in R4 and Raffies Chance in R5 run well you may wanna get some of #10 Undaunted Ella - barn & jock need no introduction, major pace player here, tired late in debut but held on and has had three breezes since then (2 at 5f), maybe she can shake loose off the turn & Ramon can hold her together. ML: 15-1

Always good value on days like these, hope you find some

PhantomOnTour
10-22-2011, 03:32 PM
Not doing well so far

The #5 Law Enforcement with Ramon up is good value in R6.
Can finish pretty well behind a hot pace here. Hasn't won much recently but this race plays into his style.
My original pick #8 Preachintothedevil is a bit overbet at 5-1 but I will still use him.

PhantomOnTour
10-22-2011, 05:01 PM
Eeeeeuuwwwww...
someone stinks in this thread.

Oh wait, I'm the only one here.