PDA

View Full Version : LATE PACE

BIG HIT
11-30-2003, 05:38 AM
Hi guy's have question on l\p what is it.?The reason i ask is some prg give you e2\lp rateing other like equsim in fraction screen give you these colum's E1 E2 L\P SPD E2\LPseen many winner's not be close on anything but the l\p.
So how do you fig the strength it may have when it is the only attribute the horse may have fraction wise. I assume it later part of race but if it had that wouldn't he have spd or have good showing on E2\L\P.

superfecta
12-01-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by BIG HIT
Hi guy's have question on l\p what is it.?The reason i ask is some prg give you e2\lp rateing other like equsim in fraction screen give you these colum's E1 E2 L\P SPD E2\LPseen many winner's not be close on anything but the l\p.
So how do you fig the strength it may have when it is the only attribute the horse may have fraction wise. I assume it later part of race but if it had that wouldn't he have spd or have good showing on E2\L\P. The best use of late pace I've found is for the bottom part of exotics.horses that have no chance of winning can have late pace that gets them in the money slots even though they don't figure at all for the win.Look at it as horses that are capable of winning don't get the lead or are ridden too hard begin to tire,those late pace horses can get in because they didn't expend energy fighting for the lead.So you will have contenders fading and "bad" pace horses coming on at the end.Thats why you have the longshot coming in many times for third or fourth.