PDA

View Full Version : NY Gate Crew!!!

Not4Love
10-21-2011, 01:14 PM
The worst gate crew in the country. 1st race today. They had the numbers posted wrong on top of the starting gate. Before they hit the button all the men inside were looking up and out the front. The 5 horse was marked 2B. They broke anyway. What the He>>!!!!! I know they had to refund money at least twice this year at the Spa. It was so bad a couple years ago that they had to fire the "starter" in the middle of the meet.

Robert Goren
10-21-2011, 01:17 PM
How does having the wrong numbers on the front of the starting gate effect the race?

Not4Love
10-21-2011, 02:16 PM
It OBVIOUSLY doesn't. The thread was meant to point out their incompetence.

cj's dad
10-21-2011, 02:18 PM
How does having the wrong numbers on the front of the starting gate effect the race?

A really attentive horse may refuse to break.

Jeff P
10-21-2011, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

I make my own trip notes. Part of that process involves watching the head on replay of the break. (I'm not the only player who does this.) If the gate has the saddle cloth numbers mislabeled - it becomes easy to create a trip note about the break for the wrong horse.

-jp

the little guy
10-21-2011, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

I make my own trip notes. Part of that process involves watching the head on replay of the break. (I'm not the only player who does this.) If the gate has the saddle cloth numbers mislabeled - it becomes easy to create a trip note about the break for the wrong horse.

-jp

If you watch races, and aren't able to realize that the number above the gate was wrong, then your trip notes don't rate to be worth much.

This thread is nitpicking....at best.

ALL CIRCUITS GO
10-21-2011, 03:37 PM
no big deal about the numbers as long as the horses were lined up properly, which it seems they were. I like that the no. 1 Lady Cohiba, spotted the field several lengths at the start and then finished first at a good price.

:cool:

lamboguy
10-21-2011, 03:41 PM
the gate crew chief at sulfolk just passed on last week.

on another note, the gate crew in NYRA is the very best anywhere. i don't care how many numbers they mix up, they do a great job loading up problem horses with the tiniest delays in the industry.. i have never had a problem with the gate in new york, mountaineer used to be awful, they are much better today.

the little guy
10-21-2011, 04:10 PM
As is your post attacking the player who makes his own trip notes for races from all over the country each day.

-jp

I stand by my post. Your comments speak for themselves....in a few ways.

OTM Al
10-21-2011, 04:26 PM
A really attentive horse may refuse to break.

I know for a fact they can only count to 4, so I'm not sure this theory holds. Now jockies on the other hand......

cj
10-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Now jockies on the other hand......

No worries, they can't get past two.

Jeff P
10-21-2011, 04:43 PM
If you watch races, and aren't able to realize that the number above the gate was wrong, then your trip notes don't rate to be worth much.

I might see it differently if I were following a single circuit.

But I'm playing multiple tracks from around the US and Canada.

I seldom watch races live. But I do make trip notes for the circuits I follow from replays. One area I've found particularly useful for my notes is the head on shot of the break.

Look, I'm not picking on NYRA. (They do a lot of things right.)

But all things considered, I'd prefer gate crews everywhere get the saddle cloth numbers right.

(If that's nitpicking so be it.)

-jp

the little guy
10-21-2011, 04:52 PM
I might see it differently if I were following a single circuit.

But I'm playing multiple tracks from around the US and Canada.

I seldom watch races live. But I do make trip notes for the circuits I follow from replays. One area I've found particularly useful for my notes is the head on shot of the break.

Look, I'm not picking on NYRA. (They do a lot of things right.)

But all things considered, I'd prefer gate crews everywhere get the saddle cloth numbers right.

(If that's nitpicking so be it.)

-jp

You do realize the saddlecloth was not wrong...right?

Jeff P
10-21-2011, 04:59 PM
You do realize I'm talking about the placards (with numbers printed on them) above each stall in the starting gate, right?

All things considered, I'd prefer those match the saddle cloth numbers of the horses.

-jp

the little guy
10-21-2011, 05:24 PM
You do realize I'm talking about the placards (with numbers printed on them) above each stall in the starting gate, right?

All things considered, I'd prefer those match the saddle cloth numbers of the horses.

-jp

Oh, so you can't take trip notes properly if the placards on top of the gate are wrong?

If so, I stand by my opinion about your trip notes.

BUD
10-21-2011, 05:27 PM
90% Of These Guys do a Great job day in and out. I used to enjoy when TVG showed the Cali Gate Crew. I remember one day they (TVG) talked to many of the crew. Asked the Fellas how long they been at that job at that track. I was Pretty impressed By how long most of the guys were there-

Then Again Who Am I??? I thought I Just saw The Enchalada Party. WTH?:faint:

FantasticDan
10-21-2011, 06:05 PM
Speaking of gate crews, I was watching Finger Lakes' live stream and noticed a couple instances in the past week where a crewman gave a horse a quick slap with a whip well outside the gate when the horse was balking at loading. Both times it got the horse's attention, and they moved in briskly.

Is this standard procedure with crews? Somehow I'd never noticed it before..

HoofedInTheChest
10-21-2011, 06:28 PM
Speaking of gate crews, I was watching Finger Lakes' live stream and noticed a couple instances in the past week where a crewman gave a horse a quick slap with a whip well outside the gate when the horse was balking at loading. Both times it got the horse's attention, and they moved in briskly.

I notice this at alot of different tracks, there is always one guy with a whip that looks like a tree branch, a quick tap on the rear end and the horse moves in. As well i see the jocks tapping the rear end with their whips as well.

I'm with Jeff, if you keep trip notes it can complicate things, far from nitpicking in my opinion.

cj's dad
10-21-2011, 06:49 PM

While I agree that this is no big deal, your defense of anything NYRA does incorrectly is really getting a bit tiresome.

the little guy
10-21-2011, 07:21 PM
While I agree that this is no big deal, your defense of anything NYRA does incorrectly is really getting a bit tiresome.

I didn't defend NYRA in this instance...and if you weren't so hellbent on always taking shots at me you might have seen that.

Or maybe you wouldn't have. Your loss.

Pell Mell
10-21-2011, 09:45 PM
I didn't defend NYRA in this instance...and if you weren't so hellbent on always taking shots at me you might have seen that.

Maybe you wouldn't be a target for the pot shots if you were not so damned obnoxious.

The Hawk
10-21-2011, 10:53 PM
Maybe you wouldn't be a target for the pot shots if you were not so damned obnoxious.

This post conjured up the famous scene in "Goodfellas" when Spider told Tommy (Pesci) to go...well, "chase" himself.

"You're going to let him get away with that? You're going to let this guy get away with that? What's the matter with you?"

"WHAT'S THE WORLD COMING TO?"

Track Collector
10-22-2011, 04:07 AM

What compelled you to make this statement?

Robert Fischer
10-22-2011, 06:10 AM
The worst gate crew in the country. 1st race today. They had the numbers posted wrong on top of the starting gate. Before they hit the button all the men inside were looking up and out the front. The 5 horse was marked 2B. They broke anyway. What the He>>!!!!! I know they had to refund money at least twice this year at the Spa. It was so bad a couple years ago that they had to fire the "starter" in the middle of the meet.

In this thread:
I learned that the symbol ">" can be used as the "double hockey sticks" in a clever writing of the word "hell".

However i believe it really should be "<"

WHAT THE HE<< :eek:

Robert Fischer
10-22-2011, 06:22 AM

good question :ThmbUp:

i haven't seen that in a while, but recall it happening.

for the most part the "walk-it-out" move - where the horse does a 360degree walk seems to notify them and "reset" them...

sometimes the two man arm-lock is necessary before pushing the buttocks. I have seen NYRA workers avoid eye-contact while executing the double lock buttocks push, and all other gate crews engage in eye contact with dlbp.

cj's dad
10-22-2011, 09:35 AM

You must have me confused with someone else. I think this may be one of only a few times where I have responded directly to one of your posts. I do so out of deference to cj.

Ernie Dahlman
10-22-2011, 09:36 AM
The NYRA gate crew is great. I own 2 difficult gate horses and they have been working with them in the morning and have been very helpful. It's a difficult job that they excel at.

the little guy
10-22-2011, 10:43 AM
What compelled you to make this statement?

Logic.

Track Collector
10-22-2011, 11:09 AM
Logic.

Jeff's initial post seemed to me like a genuine thank-you for something he thought he might likely miss.

You, for unknown reasons, decided to belittle him for a post that was in no way directed at or a personal criticism of YOU. Rather than assume that you took a pot shot him him, Jeff in a later post took the high road and tried to make sure you understood his comment, and you instead responded again with a snide remark.

I have read from others their high respect of your handicapping talents and abilities. You really do not need to act this way.

the little guy
10-22-2011, 11:22 AM
Jeff's initial post seemed to me like a genuine thank-you for something he thought he might likely miss.

You, for unknown reasons, decided to belittle him for a post that was in no way directed at or a personal criticism of YOU. Rather than assume that you took a pot shot him him, Jeff in a later post took the high road and tried to make sure you understood his comment, and you instead responded again with a snide remark.

I have read from others their high respect of your handicapping talents and abilities. You really do not need to act this way.

We see things differently.

rispa
10-22-2011, 11:28 AM
I could not disagree with you more. As an everyday player who sees a lot of different tracks, I can tell you they are one of the best around! They might have made a mistake in this instance, but hey, nobody's perfect.

tbwinner
10-22-2011, 11:39 AM
The gate scratches at NYRA giving you a mere 20 seconds to change your wager are quite tiresome and annoying too. But that's another complaint.

Robert Fischer
10-22-2011, 01:58 PM
tbwinner - this is not done by the gate crew - at least the crew doesn't enforce this problematic protocol. They may be to "blame" for getting things ready quickly and avoiding prolonged problems- a compliment if anything. HOWEVER - we agree on this issue:ThmbUp:, maybe it should be it's own thread. Nothing worse than a horse breaking though the gate!-and you don't even have time to cancel an online bet.
The gate scratches at NYRA giving you a mere 20 seconds to change your wager are quite tiresome and annoying too. But that's another complaint.

Robert Fischer
10-22-2011, 02:00 PM
it seems this thread has degenerated into whether TLG could have responded with KID GLOVES... :sleeping:
WTF?
this is like gossip...

i'd rather know if he had "insider trading info" on Style Squad or he had that pick all on his own... At least come up with something interesting...

what about Al Michaels and Serling doing prime time racing for billion dollar pools with a mass media broadcast that pimps an ADW on basic cable ??

who the **** cares about somebodys internet persona, this isn't TMZ

the idea that nyra is worst gate crew in the country is obviously TROLLING and the attention it got unfortunately cancelled out the valid insight that may have been LINKED with exponential weak links made out of bull excrement.

PaceAdvantage
10-22-2011, 08:28 PM
the idea that nyra is worst gate crew in the country is obviously TROLLINGThis moment of clarity is extremely satisfying.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

And Mr. Dahlman's remarks are spot-on.

Cardus
10-22-2011, 11:04 PM
This moment of clarity is extremely satisfying.

And Mr. Dahlman's remarks are spot-on.

As are TLG's.

This is borderline "I can't follow the horse because all of the saddlecloths are the same".

Tom
10-22-2011, 11:44 PM
Jeff makes a simple comment and draws this kind of nonsense.
Is it nap time yet?

It did draw a troll out, though.
The silliness never ends.

tbwinner
10-23-2011, 02:01 AM
tbwinner - this is not done by the gate crew - at least the crew doesn't enforce this problematic protocol. They may be to "blame" for getting things ready quickly and avoiding prolonged problems- a compliment if anything. HOWEVER - we agree on this issue:ThmbUp:, maybe it should be it's own thread. Nothing worse than a horse breaking though the gate!-and you don't even have time to cancel an online bet.

You're right I know - I was just voicing another NYRA complaint while we're on it :)

(and I think there was a thread on it awhile ago-HA!)

highnote
10-23-2011, 03:11 AM
In this thread:
I learned that the symbol ">" can be used as the "double hockey sticks" in a clever writing of the word "hell".

However i believe it really should be "<"

WHAT THE HE<< :eek:

Didn't one of the earlier posts mention something about nitpicking? :lol:

Not being critical of you, Robert. You are correct. I just found your post ironic. :D

Critisizing the use of ">>" when "<<" should have been used is the funniest thing I've seen this week. :lol:

Robert Fischer
10-23-2011, 05:59 AM
Didn't one of the earlier posts mention something about nitpicking? :lol:

Not being critical of you, Robert. You are correct. I just found your post ironic. :D

Critisizing the use of ">>" when "<<" should have been used is the funniest thing I've seen this week. :lol:

dry humor, and a foolish humor...

hypocritical next to some of my other posts! :blush: ;)

any entertainment is purely coincidental :D

Canarsie
10-23-2011, 08:18 AM
the idea that nyra is worst gate crew in the country is obviously TROLLING and the attention it got unfortunately cancelled out the valid insight that may have been LINKED with exponential weak links made out of bull excrement.

This moment of clarity is extremely satisfying.

And Mr. Dahlman's remarks are spot-on.''

I don't think that's the major point at least to me. But what do I know I'm an "idiot"

First off the original OP who started this was is entitled to his opinion even though I think it's 100% wrong. How this escalated to three pages is beyond my comprehension.

Now lets get to the meat of this so called debate here is Jeff's first reply

Thanks for the heads up.

-jp

Now here comes TLG

I would say these two are well respected in the fields they represent. To me there's no argument others may disagree.

It escalated from here because TLG almost always hurls a verbal barrage at someone if it's the slightest bit negative towards NYRA in any way. He slams everyone who gets in his path which shows an adolescent attitude at best. To me he is very "paranoid" defending his employer.

Did CJ's dad really need to be attacked over this?

Tom says it best.

Jeff makes a simple comment and draws this kind of nonsense.
Is it nap time yet?

It did draw a troll out, though.
The silliness never ends.

How this escalated to three pages is beyond my comprehension. To me the mistake didn't mean that much I'm not as diligent handicapper as Jeff. BUT is was an "issue" with him and all he said was "thank you".

This has now escalated to twitter where some replies can be grouped into this type of thread. NYRA forgot to replace a horse on Talking Horses that scratched with TLG's next horse. He tweeted the horse so it was obvious who he liked. But once again the "put downs" continue defending NYRA with a response like his to a member on here "your really reaching" and saying "the odds board has an effect on your play" which is very true. But if that's the case you can't claim winners when a horse makes a sharp drop from the ML. You can't have it both ways. It's his twitter account so he can really say what he wants but it doesn't represent NYRA well my two cents.

I for one wish these sharp tongued responses would stop they have been increasing lately. A simple rebuttal that isn't antagonistic would be just fine. TLG is in the top tier in his field but I've never seem him knock Jason Blewitt, Eric Donavan and others who work for NYRA.

I seriously doubt he was ever "man" enough even once to tell Charles Hayward how he feels if they disagee like he does here. He can come on and say he did but I "seriously" doubt it.

In interest of full disclosure I once sent TLG a PM asking if he could help me finding a video of the 1970 Ladies Handicap. I didn't get a reply which could have been a simple "no", "f**k off, drop dead or anything a sentence isn't that hard to type. Especially since he finds time to respond on here in between races like at Belmont yesterday.

Am I off base asking for a simple "no'? Guess I was raised FAR differently than him a big thank you to my late mom (MSRIP).

This will NEVER stop me from defending NYRA or the TLG when I think their right. I would hope most would agree going by my previous posts that being one sided isn't my cup of tea.

Tom
10-23-2011, 08:48 AM
I blame this all on racing secretaries across the country for not carding interesting enough stakes races to keep us amused. :rolleyes:

Robert Fischer
10-23-2011, 09:36 AM
No offense Canarsie, I happen to like a higher percentage of your posts than most members.
In my opinion this particular post(QUOTED BELOW) is down that same road of complaining about etiquette in general, and then it also has way to much focus on one poster in particular. This opinion(<---former, just stated) is based on the body of your post. Then, I know the the use of a personal "example" at the end of your post was well-meant, but it actually sours the rest of the post quite a bit. I really hate to even address this particular point(weird/neat! this is unintentional example within a reply), but pms/emails go unanswered ALL THE TIME for a VARIETY of reasons.

Look, everyone mentioned in this thread, at least in the online-sense, knows everyone mentioned in this thread...
... I HATE to name specific posters, but as far as JeffP and TLG go, everyone knows they are good at what they happen to do, and nobody really wants them to do anything but speak their mind. We don't want kid gloves and etiquette from anyone - ESPECIALLY NOT THOSE WITH INSIGHT.

nobody reading this thread is swayed or needs to defend either one.

Nobody should be reading into any of their responses beyond the insight they offer. Sure there is a line where real threats to physical or business aspects are real, but we aren't ANYWHERE NEAR...

I can't speak for everyone but i don't want to hear about TLG and a pm you sent, or someone's opinion of him and his rapport with coworkers contrasted with members of the site!!! :bang::bang:
That's kind of sickening. I know my reaction here stands on its own, but there are probably others who are not interested in shit that borders gossip.

And I'm really sorry if that comes off as a personal thing to you Canarsie, because like I said I enjoy the majority of your posts. You are also 100% entitled to your opinion, and certainly entitled to make a post like the one quoted below. :ThmbUp: It's not like you have made an overwhelming amount of threads redirect to be about "TLG and his etiquette". You also aren't alone in your concerns(although there are some deceivers who are really grinding an axe)... Please don't be sensitive and plz separate my opinion from anything personal C.

This thread was doomed from the beginning, when the OP declared something along the lines of Belmont being the "worst gate crew"...
That isn't really even an opinion, and i am one liberal SOB with semantics...!
It was bait.
Most of these NYRA "complaint department" office threads have seen me LODGING complaints, i really hate to be partisan / not my style...

I would much prefer a shoot-from-the hip atmosphere, where horseplayers speak our minds!

pretty soon we're gonna be so rich and famous that our publicists will "deliver" prepared posts that have been written with the cold-blooded calculation of our 2nd and 3rd impulses.

random quote o'day
cxix Avoid becoming Disliked.
There is no occasion to seek dislike: it comes without seeking quickly enough. There are many who hate of their own accord without knowing the why or the how. Their ill-will outruns our readiness to please. Their ill-nature is more prone to do others harm than their cupidity is eager to gain advantage for themselves. Some manage to be on bad terms with all, because they always either produce or experience vexation of spirit. Once hate has taken root it is, like bad repute, difficult to eradicate. Wise men are feared, the malevolent are abhorred, the arrogant are regarded with disdain, buffoons with contempt, eccentrics with neglect. Therefore pay respect that you may be respected, and know that to be esteemed you must show
esteem.

ccxxi Do not seize Occasions to embarrass Yourself or Others.
There are some men stumbling-blocks of good manners either for themselves or for others: they are always on the point of some stupidity. Youmeet with them easily and part from them uneasily. A hundred annoyances a day is nothing to them. Their humour always strokes the wrong way since they contradict all and every. They put on the judgment cap wrong side foremost and thus condemn all. Yet the greatest test of others' patience and prudence are just those who do no good and speak ill of all. There are many monsters in the wide realm of Indecorum.

ccv Know how to play the Card of Contempt.
It is a shrewd way of getting things you want, by affecting to depreciate them: generally they are not to be had when sought for, but fall into one's hands when one is not looking for them. As all mundane things are but shadows of the things eternal, they share with shadows this quality, that they flee from him who follows them and follow him that flees from them.
Contempt is besides the most subtle form of revenge. It is a fixed rule with the wise never to defend themselves with the pen. For such defence always leaves a stain, and does more to glorify one's opponent than to punish his offence. It is a trick of the worthless to stand forth as opponents of great men, so as to win notoriety by a roundabout way, which they would never
do by the straight road of merit. There are many we would not have heard of if their eminent opponents had not taken notice of them. There is no revenge like oblivion, through which they are buried in the dust of their unworthiness. Audacious persons hope to make themselves eternally famous by setting fire to one of the wonders of the world and of the ages. The art of
reproving scandal is to take no notice of it, to combat it damages our own case; even if credited it causes discredit, and is a source of satisfaction to our opponent, for this shadow of a stain dulls the lustre of our fame even if it cannot altogether deaden it.

YESSSSSSSS I CAN FINALLY PLAY AINTREE(UK) LONG DAY OF HORSEPLAYING HERE I COME :jump::jump:

''

I don't think that's the major point at least to me. But what do I know I'm an "idiot"

First off the original OP who started this was is entitled to his opinion even though I think it's 100% wrong. How this escalated to three pages is beyond my comprehension.

Now lets get to the meat of this so called debate here is Jeff's first reply

Now here comes TLG

I would say these two are well respected in the fields they represent. To me there's no argument others may disagree.

It escalated from here because TLG almost always hurls a verbal barrage at someone if it's the slightest bit negative towards NYRA in any way. He slams everyone who gets in his path which shows an adolescent attitude at best. To me he is very "paranoid" defending his employer.

Did CJ's dad really need to be attacked over this?

Tom says it best.

How this escalated to three pages is beyond my comprehension. To me the mistake didn't mean that much I'm not as diligent handicapper as Jeff. BUT is was an "issue" with him and all he said was "thank you".

This has now escalated to twitter where some replies can be grouped into this type of thread. NYRA forgot to replace a horse on Talking Horses that scratched with TLG's next horse. He tweeted the horse so it was obvious who he liked. But once again the "put downs" continue defending NYRA with a response like his to a member on here "your really reaching" and saying "the odds board has an effect on your play" which is very true. But if that's the case you can't claim winners when a horse makes a sharp drop from the ML. You can't have it both ways. It's his twitter account so he can really say what he wants but it doesn't represent NYRA well my two cents.

I for one wish these sharp tongued responses would stop they have been increasing lately. A simple rebuttal that isn't antagonistic would be just fine. TLG is in the top tier in his field but I've never seem him knock Jason Blewitt, Eric Donavan and others who work for NYRA.

I seriously doubt he was ever "man" enough even once to tell Charles Hayward how he feels if they disagee like he does here. He can come on and say he did but I "seriously" doubt it.

In interest of full disclosure I once sent TLG a PM asking if he could help me finding a video of the 1970 Ladies Handicap. I didn't get a reply which could have been a simple "no", "f**k off, drop dead or anything a sentence isn't that hard to type. Especially since he finds time to respond on here in between races like at Belmont yesterday.

Am I off base asking for a simple "no'? Guess I was raised FAR differently than him a big thank you to my late mom (MSRIP).

This will NEVER stop me from defending NYRA or the TLG when I think their right. I would hope most would agree going by my previous posts that being one sided isn't my cup of tea.

The Hawk
10-23-2011, 10:23 AM
I can't speak for everyone but i don't want to hear about TLG and a pm you sent, or someone's opinion of him and his rapport with coworkers contrasted with members of the site!!! :bang::bang:
That's kind of sickening. I know my reaction here stands on its own, but there are probably others who are not interested in shit that borders gossip.

Really? Since we're all being honest, there probably aren't many (any?) who care to read your silly "random quote o'day", or your endless, self-absorbed prattle. For that matter, virtually no one cares to hear "what you prefer" to read. But if everyone stopped posting stuff that someone else didn't care about there might not be a board.

JustRalph
10-23-2011, 11:08 AM
Has there ever been a more sad thread than this one..........?

A bunch of guys I like, some I admire, and some others I really don't know. All throwing spitballs in a metaphorical study hall between races.

Come on guys........all of you are better than this........

Robert Fischer
10-23-2011, 11:10 AM
Really? Since we're all being honest, there probably aren't many (any?) who care to read your silly "random quote o'day", or your endless, self-absorbed prattle. For that matter, virtually no one cares to hear "what you prefer" to read. But if everyone stopped posting stuff that someone else didn't care about there might not be a board.

good stuff Hawk

you beat me at my own game :ThmbUp:

My taste being at its acme, it is natural to pitch my 2¢ in!!! :p
Someone like Canarsie can take it or leave it, and we will continue to respect each other in the future.

- While the greater part of my post (the self absorbed prattle?? :mad: was basically epic awesomeness...
... I did transgress the bounds of good taste with my random quotes of wisdom.

They were hardly random, and probably look like "advice" to those paying attention. That would be so rude and presumptuous. They were not meant as advice, and I am aware of the possibility of offence. Simply an interesting perspective with sagacious advice into a few very relative topics...

GOOD LUCK TODAY HAWK :ThmbUp: Really was a sharp post, got a kick out of it!

Gems of Wisdom like Gems of horseplaying INSIGHT are not for everybody. JUST LIKE GIVING AWAY HARD-EARNED HORSEPLAYING INSIGHTS, they are meant for a talented minority. A lot of people will be violently turned off (almost ill) when faced with wisdom. While i have the book out here is a great paraphrase on the very subject.

Oh! great and wise, be ill at ease when your deeds please the mob!
:cool:
Take no pleasure in the wonder of the mob, for ignorance never gets beyond wonder!!(great quote)
:jump:
While vulgar folly wonders wisdom watches for the trick. :eek: :ThmbUp::ThmbUp: wow!!! good luck PA MEMBERS!

Canarsie
10-23-2011, 12:38 PM
No offense Canarsie, I happen to like a higher percentage of your posts than most members.
In my opinion this particular post(QUOTED BELOW) is down that same road of complaining about etiquette in general, and then it also has way to much focus on one poster in particular. This opinion(<---former, just stated) is based on the body of your post. Then, I know the the use of a personal "example" at the end of your post was well-meant, but it actually sours the rest of the post quite a bit. I really hate to even address this particular point(weird/neat! this is unintentional example within a reply), but pms/emails go unanswered ALL THE TIME for a VARIETY of reasons.

And I'm really sorry if that comes off as a personal thing to you Canarsie, because like I said I enjoy the majority of your posts. You are also 100% entitled to your opinion, and certainly entitled to make a post like the one quoted below. :ThmbUp: It's not like you have made an overwhelming amount of threads redirect to be about "TLG and his etiquette". You also aren't alone in your concerns(although there are some deceivers who are really grinding an axe)... Please don't be sensitive and plz separate my opinion from anything personal C.

YESSSSSSSS I CAN FINALLY PLAY AINTREE(UK) LONG DAY OF HORSEPLAYING HERE I COME :jump::jump:

You might be shocked by my reply because I'm in 100% agrement with you. Try and figure that one out.

The message I sent to him was over 14 months ago it's not like I sent it yesterday. The only reason I brought it up is because I thought he would fire back using it against me. This wasn't a grudge trust me. I waited a few days before responding he took a shot at someone I didn't think deserved it.

If I rubbed anyone else the wrong way (besides you) I deeply apologize it wasn't meant that way.

Has there ever been a more sad thread than this one..........?

A bunch of guys I like, some I admire, and some others I really don't know. All throwing spitballs in a metaphorical study hall between races.

Come on guys........all of you are better than this........

I agree with Ralph also but it seems every time it is let go one person is firing the spitballs again and away we go.

I'm done with this for now but there's a question for Ralph if I may ask. Is it OK for one person to have carte blanche to insult people when NYRA is brought up. This goes in a revolving circle that could easily STOP if EVERYONE listened to YOUR good ADVICE.

JustRalph
10-23-2011, 12:44 PM
I'm done with this for now but there's a question for Ralph if I may ask. Is it OK for one person to have carte blanche to insult people when NYRA is brought up. This goes in a revolving circle that could easily STOP if EVERYONE listened to YOUR good ADVICE.

Not for me to decide. There are moderators on the board.....

Canarsie
10-23-2011, 12:52 PM
Not for me to decide. There are moderators on the board.....

Since I'm just replying to your post I hope it's ok.

I asked for an "opinion" not a "decision".

Best of luck wagering today.

cj
10-23-2011, 12:57 PM
As someone that gets many emails a day, it is very easy to miss one, especially if it gets sent to a SPAM box. Those things aren't always perfect.

I've used this analogy many times, but I'll try again. I always picture it as guys sitting in a bar busting each other's chops. It doesn't mean everyone in the bar are friends. I hope nobody is kicking his dog or losing sleep over being slighted on a message board. This is especially true for those that are anonymous. Who really cares in the grand scheme of things?

Sure, there are some mild insults in this thread. I didn't see anything too bad so I let it go, and I guess PA did the same. Over the top threads like this one, and I don't think anyone can debate the original post was WAY over the top, tend to cause harsher reactions. When somebody then posts to legitimize the original post (I doubt that was Jeff's intention but that was the effect), it is going to draw a reaction.

Jeff P
10-23-2011, 02:33 PM
I've used this analogy many times, but I'll try again. I always picture it as guys sitting in a bar busting each other's chops. It doesn't mean everyone in the bar are friends. I hope nobody is kicking his dog or losing sleep over being slighted on a message board. This is especially true for those that are anonymous. Who really cares in the grand scheme of things?Exactly.

-jp

JustRalph
10-23-2011, 02:43 PM
Since I'm just replying to your post I hope it's ok.

I asked for an "opinion" not a "decision".

Best of luck wagering today.

point taken. I opened a door with my reply....just don't think it's my place...... CJ stepped in the open door. Alls well that ends well.

classhandicapper
10-23-2011, 04:03 PM
Can we close this thread and argue about Zenyatta instead please? :lol:

Canarsie
10-23-2011, 06:06 PM

Damn I was beginning to like you. :lol:

thaskalos
10-23-2011, 11:55 PM
I'm all for it! :ThmbUp: