PDA

View Full Version : Hong Kong Has Test For ITPP

Horseplayersbet.com
10-18-2011, 10:20 AM
http://www.harnessracing.com/news/hongkonghasitpptestpaalsoworkingontest.html
No idea how long it will take to cross the ocean.

Robert Goren
10-18-2011, 10:25 AM
A better question is how long will it be before horsemen start saying that a horse can't race without being on ITPP?;)

Hanover1
10-18-2011, 02:59 PM
A better question is how long will it be before horsemen start saying that a horse can't race without being on ITPP?;)

Amusing. Keep betting.

lamboguy
10-18-2011, 03:05 PM
nice find. if indeed that is what some horses are getting, will this mean that every good thing comes to an end?

Wingtips
10-18-2011, 03:15 PM
Juan Carlos Guerrero approves of this scientific breakthrough.

Hanover1
10-18-2011, 03:25 PM
No sooner than becoming a mainstream testing procedure, the next cocktail will be making the rounds while some lab rat wrings his hands in victory while mapping out a distribution network. Not fiction.

Horseplayersbet.com
10-18-2011, 03:32 PM
No sooner than becoming a mainstream testing procedure, the next cocktail will be making the rounds while some lab rat wrings his hands in victory while mapping out a distribution network. Not fiction.
The circle of life!

Hoofless_Wonder
10-19-2011, 01:32 PM
Hong Kong seems to have the cleanest racing in the world, though there's always going to be some efforts to stack the deck. Remember the mystery of the poison darts?

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/27/sports/othersports/27horses.html?pagewanted=all

I for one would be favor of a small (1%?) increase in takeout to be used for drug testing here in the U.S. I think testing is woefully incomplete when it's done at all, and based on the recent Dutrow fiasco, it seems the enforcement and testing process itself needs overhauling as well.

PaceAdvantage
10-19-2011, 07:37 PM
I for one would be favor of a small (1%?) increase in takeout to be used for drug testing here in the U.S.Wow. No wonder the powers that be think we're suckers.

Here we have someone willing to give even more of their money away...as if the industry as a COLLECTIVE WHOLE couldn't come up with enough money to test for everything under the sun!!!

How much is Churchill Downs paying their CEO again? And you want US, the players, to foot the bill for something they should be paying for in the first place?

Holy Moly! :faint:

FenceBored
10-19-2011, 09:20 PM
Wow. No wonder the powers that be think we're suckers.

Here we have someone willing to give even more of their money away...as if the industry as a COLLECTIVE WHOLE couldn't come up with enough money to test for everything under the sun!!!

How much is Churchill Downs paying their CEO again? And you want US, the players, to foot the bill for something they should be paying for in the first place?

Don't remember what the CEO gets, but here's the latest on the CFO from late last week.

Bill Mudd’s new contract sets out a base salary of $420,000 and runs through March 31, 2015
-- http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20111014/BUSINESS/310140067/Churchill-Downs-CFO-Bill-Mudd-gets-raise

onefast99
10-20-2011, 07:38 PM
This is exactly what Parx needs to rid those who are using this drug to enhance the horses physical ability. The abdominal injection raises the horses peak performance ability by approximately 60%. I am sure that the new test will be in place by the end of January 2012. The telltale sign will be those trainers whose ITM numbers take a nose dive. For those who think this isn't hurting Parx, trainers are now scratching horses and taking the 14 days to avoid other suspected trainers in those races. We have done that twice this year!

Robert Goren
10-20-2011, 10:13 PM
Hong Kong seems to have the cleanest racing in the world, though there's always going to be some efforts to stack the deck. Remember the mystery of the poison darts?

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/27/sports/othersports/27horses.html?pagewanted=all

I for one would be favor of a small (1%?) increase in takeout to be used for drug testing here in the U.S. I think testing is woefully incomplete when it's done at all, and based on the recent Dutrow fiasco, it seems the enforcement and testing process itself needs overhauling as well.I would be in favor of 10% of the winning horse share of the purse being used for drug testing here in the USA. There is no reason that the horsemen shouldn't pay for policing their own.

Hanover1
10-20-2011, 10:43 PM
I would be in favor of 10% of the winning horse share of the purse being used for drug testing here in the USA. There is no reason that the horsemen shouldn't pay for policing their own.

Except that money belongs to the owner......

Hoofless_Wonder
10-21-2011, 01:53 AM
Wow. No wonder the powers that be think we're suckers.

Perhaps I need to elaborate. The increase in takeout would need to go to an external policing agency of some sort, outside of the corporations that own the tracks, outside of the trainers (naturally), outside of the owners and their interests, and of course not in any way related to the jockeys. Preferably a national level agency - maybe even one associated with the U.S. Department of Agriculture, or better yet, the FBI.

Pie in the sky idea? Sure. But until the trainers and vets have something to fear and consequences to face from their actions, the cheating will continue. It's obvious the horse industry won't do itself, and part of the problem is the laws very so much from state to state. Another problem is that the economics won't support it - states don't want to lower their takeouts 'cause they can't manage their budgets, and many tracks are already on the brink of having to close down.

If a portion of the handle is actually used to enforce drug rules and the end result is racing as clean as Hong Kong's, that's money well spent in my opinion.

If anyone has a different idea on getting North America's racing as clean as most of the racing overseas, I'd be interested in hearing it. Some people think that Dutrow's 10 year suspension is too much, others think it's not enough, and others think it's about right. I think that if 10% of the charges are true, the thieving rat bastard ought to be IN JAIL, and not just out looking for another job....

Robert Fischer
10-21-2011, 01:57 AM
there is a problem with "systemic health" when a horse racing industry misplays an issue like performance enhancing drugs

it really takes prudence to be responsible about the systemic health of any system

proximity
12-19-2011, 06:24 PM
I for one would be favor of a small (1%?) increase in takeout to be used for drug testing here in the U.S. ..

so would i IF the takeout was currently below the optimal revenue maximizing level. but of course it isn't so....

proximity
12-19-2011, 06:27 PM
For those who think this isn't hurting Parx.......

for those that think this isn't hurting parx....... there is no hope!

bob60566
12-19-2011, 06:43 PM
Except that money belongs to the owner......

I may stand to be corrected here there is one top class owners in the USA that own a major pharmacutical company, I think they used to run a under stable name.
Trainers in big league they had or still have ????.
Mullins, Saddler,Dutrow.Mitchell maybe more .

The seem to operate on both sides of the coast under ther own name now.

Mac:ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

funnsss1
12-19-2011, 07:16 PM
so the trainers and owners drug there horses to win races any chance the jockeys are the biggest cheats and ride to a predetermined outcome.I guess thats too eleborate to happen in north america.

bob60566
12-19-2011, 07:46 PM
so the trainers and owners drug there horses to win races any chance the jockeys are the biggest cheats and ride to a predetermined outcome.I guess thats too eleborate to happen in north america.

At top tracks on major stake races no.

Mac :)

PaceAdvantage
12-19-2011, 10:58 PM
so the trainers and owners drug there horses to win races any chance the jockeys are the biggest cheats and ride to a predetermined outcome.I guess thats too eleborate to happen in north america.If only it were as easy as your fantasy world paints it to be...

Predetermined outcome...lol...ask a director of a major racing motion picture how easy it is to create a race with a predetermined outcome...yeah...it always takes 1 take... :lol: