PDA

View Full Version : Johnny V. Gives Riding Lesson at Woodbine

Ocala Mike
10-16-2011, 05:15 PM
I didn't have the horse, but I was impressed watching Johnny V. guide Miss Keller to the tight win between horses in the E.P. Taylor. Euro riders inside and outside of him were both flailing away with their whips while he simply got everything he could out of the winner with his hands doing the "scrubbing." Nice.

Ocala Mike

PaceAdvantage
10-16-2011, 05:17 PM
You realize this almost always depends on the horse. Some horses do best with vigorous hand rides, others need the more intense encouragement of the whip. A competent trainer will instruct a jockey beforehand if it is known how best a horse responds.

Now, with that said, a lot of jockeys have problems with one style or another, regardless of the needs of a particular horse. Balance issues and whatnot while trying to vigorously whip come into play a lot...

KirisClown
10-16-2011, 05:36 PM
bPW7rpLasTg

Shemp Howard
10-16-2011, 06:10 PM
Johnny V looked like Angel Cordero carrying that winner across the wire.

Ocala Mike
10-16-2011, 06:29 PM
Angel taught him well.

Ocala Mike

keilan
10-16-2011, 07:24 PM
Pretty funny "title"

Surprising to see only one US betting interest in the "Pattison International" Purse more then $1.5 mil ;)

Some_One
10-16-2011, 07:29 PM
Pretty funny "title"

Surprising to see only one US betting interest in the "Pattison International" Purse more then $1.5 mil ;)

Those US horses can run for 2 mil in a couple of weeks without most Euros due to the idiotic BC nomination rules effectively precluding most Euros (except those owned by rich stables).

keilan
10-16-2011, 07:52 PM
Those US horses can run for 2 mil in a couple of weeks without most Euros due to the idiotic BC nomination rules effectively precluding most Euros (except those owned by rich stables).

I wasn't thinking clearly - ya I guess they'll all take home 1st prize money!!

ten2oneormore
10-16-2011, 08:25 PM
If anyone gave a riding lesson it was Soumillion on Sarah Lynx.

keilan
10-16-2011, 08:42 PM
If anyone gave a riding lesson it was Soumillion on Sarah Lynx.

The 3rd sensible post of the thread!!

Johnny V is a decent jock but also the most overrated .....just mho

PaceAdvantage
10-16-2011, 09:01 PM
The 3rd sensible post of the thread!!

Johnny V is a decent jock but also the most overrated .....just mhoHow is he overrated exactly? Ooops...sorry...MOST overrated...that is quite the claim.

Are there tons of threads around here praising JV?

Are there countless news stories written about his prowess? I don't really get where he is overrated...let alone MOST overrated...where is the evidence?

keilan
10-16-2011, 09:21 PM
Just mho - do I need to repeat myself

Robert Fischer
10-16-2011, 09:39 PM
i like and respect JV.

i think he's a little better as a day to day rider of favorites than as a "playmaker" in a hypothetical evenly matched stakes race.

If he has the best horse, I don't think he necessarily has to have a speed horse and a speed favoring setup and track, not really sure if he has improved lately @ this or not. He also surprises me once in a blue with an adept ride ON the pace in a turf route - this seems like something he has improved on.

About $1.70 $2ROI for the year /bris

PaceAdvantage
10-16-2011, 09:43 PM
Just mho - do I need to repeat myselfYes, it's your opinion, but usually opinions are based upon something concrete. Just wondering what that might be...

I pointed out some examples in my reply...

keilan
10-17-2011, 10:56 AM
Mike - just the fact that there are tons of threads around here praising JV in itself should be evidence enough that he is vastly overrated..... In a big race he wouldn't be near my top choice!!

Johnny V is likeable, humble, respectful and says all the right things but he will never be accused of "giving riding lesson's".

Woodbine has one of their largest days of the meet and the US super trainers don't show up - just maybe the Canadians and Euros are getting tired of the their bullsh**

Take off your rose colored glasses and tell us what you think!

JustRalph
10-17-2011, 04:45 PM
When he looked back at about the 8th pole I think he looked pretty damn confident. It was a riding lesson.....

keilan
10-17-2011, 04:51 PM
When he looked back at about the 8th pole I think he looked pretty damn confident. It was a riding lesson.....

bahhaha you're better then that Ralph or are you trolling!!

PaceAdvantage
10-18-2011, 02:36 AM
Mike - just the fact that there are tons of threads around here praising JV in itself should be evidence enough that he is vastly overrated..... In a big race he wouldn't be near my top choice!!I guess I must have missed these "tons of threads"...must be these damn glasses you speak of...

PaceAdvantage
10-18-2011, 02:38 AM
bahhaha you're better then that Ralph or are you trolling!!Back not even a minute and already the word troll has worked its way into the conversation? Come on man...you're better than that...

JustRalph
10-18-2011, 05:31 AM
bahhaha you're better then that Ralph or are you trolling!!

I am allowed to have some fun.......