PDA

View Full Version : Belmont Sunday Selections

PhantomOnTour
10-15-2011, 10:22 PM
Good day yesterday; threw in a few clunkers and a few good ones.
I have an uncanny talent for picking 1st place horses and last place horses...it's not as easy as it looks :D

Here's a few I like at first glance for Sunday:

Race 1: #2 Poppy Day - big dropper switches to preferred surface and cuts back, should trip well behind a lot of junk speed and may grind it out for a piece.
ML: 8-1

Race 3: #1 Rumbletown - field loaded with cutbackers and he has nice pace figs, can stalk & move and leave the other cutbackers with too much to do
ML: 6-1

Race 7: #2 Withalittlebit - wire to wire try upcoming with Castellano in the saddle..may get away on the inner turf
ML: 4-1

RACE 8: #7 Sneaky Girl - Jacobsen claim needs a few of the droppers to falter, but I see a potential pace war among a field full of E/P types...#10 and #11 are droppers who are vulnerable in my opinion. She may pick up a lot of these late if the pace goes as I see it...need more than her 5-1 ML, take 8-1 minimum. Consider #5 Primal Baby as well; she may be the last pace horse to fall...or not.

Good luck folks!

PhantomOnTour
10-16-2011, 11:21 AM
Race 3 is off the turf but I will hold steady with my choice of the #1 Rumbletown.

Funny how you can like a horse the evening before, then get some sleep and wake up wondering what the heck you were thinking.
That's the case with #2 Poppy Day in Race 1...at second glance he really seems up against it: off form and simply slower than some of these, needs some breaks.

PhantomOnTour
10-16-2011, 07:31 PM
Good day yesterday; threw in a few clunkers and a few good ones.
I have an uncanny talent for picking 1st place horses and last place horses...it's not as easy as it looks :D

Here's a few I like at first glance for Sunday:

Race 1: #2 Poppy Day - big dropper switches to preferred surface and cuts back, should trip well behind a lot of junk speed and may grind it out for a piece.
ML: 8-1

Race 3: #1 Rumbletown - field loaded with cutbackers and he has nice pace figs, can stalk & move and leave the other cutbackers with too much to do
ML: 6-1

Race 7: #2 Withalittlebit - wire to wire try upcoming with Castellano in the saddle..may get away on the inner turf
ML: 4-1

RACE 8: #7 Sneaky Girl - Jacobsen claim needs a few of the droppers to falter, but I see a potential pace war among a field full of E/P types...#10 and #11 are droppers who are vulnerable in my opinion. She may pick up a lot of these late if the pace goes as I see it...need more than her 5-1 ML, take 8-1 minimum. Consider #5 Primal Baby as well; she may be the last pace horse to fall...or not.

Good luck folks!
Not too bad today:

R1 - ran 3rd
R3 - ran 2nd
R7 - ran badly, don't know exact placing
R8 - ran 1st and 2nd

*all selections went off below their ML odds and were underlaid by my standards

See y'all Wednesday