PDA

View Full Version : Northlands Park: Back To The Thirties

Horseplayersbet.com
10-14-2011, 05:24 PM
WPS show takeout is now 10%, starting tonight for their harness meet.

cj
10-14-2011, 05:47 PM
WPS show takeout is now 10%, starting tonight for their harness meet.

That is great. Is it going to be that way for t-breds as well?

Horseplayersbet.com
10-14-2011, 05:52 PM
That is great. Is it going to be that way for t-breds as well?
It appears to be a test right now. Their WPS was on the low side to begin with at 15.8%.
Who would have ever thought 10% though. I wish them all kinds of luck.

lamboguy
10-14-2011, 08:35 PM
i seriously wonder if they lowered the takeout to ZERO if they would do more business. i just bet a win bet and the pool had $1200 in it total. if anything i would say that lowering the takeout is lowering the amount of money bet on it.

i am going to keep playing the place because of their efforts

lamboguy
10-14-2011, 08:55 PM
western fair is charging about 25% and they are doing about the same business as northlands in the win pool.

i think plainridge lowered their takeout this year and their handle was off something like 20%.

hastings park lowered theirs too and i have no idea what direction their handle took.

Horseplayersbet.com
10-14-2011, 09:48 PM
western fair is charging about 25% and they are doing about the same business as northlands in the win pool.

i think plainridge lowered their takeout this year and their handle was off something like 20%.

hastings park lowered theirs too and i have no idea what direction their handle took.
It is the first night. Very few people know. Hastings was up 3% this year, but at the start of the meet, the first two months, lousy weather mostly caused them to be off around 20%. It was a huge comeback and I'm sure the takeout decrease had something to say for it.

Horseplayersbet.com
10-15-2011, 06:43 AM
It looks like I jumped the gun reading a misleading article http://www.standardbredcanada.ca/news/10-14-11/roberts-swinging-fences.html
It looks like they haven't changed their takeout at all. It is still 15.8%. 10% association, 5% Alberta tax and a .8% levy.