PDA

View Full Version : Another Bird?

Pell Mell
10-14-2011, 02:04 PM
The Breeders Fut. at KEE last Sat. was won by a 1/2 brother to Mine That Bird...maybe, just maybe, MTB was a lot better than was thought...we shall see.;)

Spalding No!
10-14-2011, 02:21 PM
The Breeders Fut. at KEE last Sat. was won by a 1/2 brother to Mine That Bird...maybe, just maybe, MTB was a lot better than was thought...we shall see.;)

Yeah, maybe they'll bring Mine That Bird out of retirement if his half-brother wins a couple of top class races.

cj
10-14-2011, 02:50 PM

Who thinks he wasn't any good? At the end he wasn't, but he was very good from the 1st Saturday in May through the 3rd Saturday in May, and he Belmont wasn't terrible.

the little guy
10-14-2011, 03:17 PM
I just want to know how Dullahan being a good horse makes Mine That Bird a better horse.

Oh, that's right, it doesn't.

Pell Mell
10-14-2011, 07:05 PM
I just want to know how Dullahan being a good horse makes Mine That Bird a better horse.

DUH!

JustRalph
10-14-2011, 08:20 PM

Now cut that out!!

I love quoting comediennes who have been dead 40 years...........

FenceBored
10-14-2011, 10:36 PM
Now cut that out!!

I love quoting comediennes who have been dead 40 years...........

Comedienne? Do you know something about Mr. Benny that you'd like to share with the rest of us? :eek:

classhandicapper
10-15-2011, 11:41 AM
I'm not a member of the Mine That Bird fan club.

I thought he got a perfect trip on an absolutely golden rail in the Derby and the Preakness Beyer figure overstated the quality of that race by 4-5 points.

IMO, the 3YO colts were really weak at that stage even though he was clearly among the best of the batch. But he was fun to bet against after that so maybe I actually am a fan. ;)