PDA

View Full Version : Herman Cain, the Unusual Politician

Frank DeMartini
10-13-2011, 07:40 PM
Here is an article one of our regular contributors, Tom Donelson has written about the campaign style of the current leader on the Republican polls.

http://www.hollywoodrepublican.net/2011/10/herman-cain-the-unusual-politician/ (http://www.hollywoodrepublican.net/2011/10/herman-cain-the-unusual-politician/)

Tom
10-13-2011, 09:42 PM
Herman is surging. This is good. How long will it take the other moron repubs to figure out BAU is suicide?

Actor
10-13-2011, 10:58 PM
Here is an article one of our regular contributors, Tom Donelson has written about the campaign style of the current leader on the Republican polls.

http://www.hollywoodrepublican.net/2011/10/herman-cain-the-unusual-politician/ (http://www.hollywoodrepublican.net/2011/10/herman-cain-the-unusual-politician/)Link doesn't work.

boxcar
10-13-2011, 11:19 PM
Herman is surging. This is good. How long will it take the other moron repubs to figure out BAU is suicide?

Only because of that racist Tea Party!

Boxcar
P.S. Someone in the TP told me they love Cain because he's blacker than BO! He thinks Can is the real deal. :D

badcompany
10-13-2011, 11:44 PM
Herman Cain is the best Presidential candidate ever. As a black man from humble beginnings he can get away with so much more than a white Elitist like Romney.

I look forward to many months of Cain telling liberals to stop whining.

ArlJim78
10-14-2011, 12:13 AM
Cain will make their heads explode, an accomplished, cheerful, proud, conservative black man who doesn't accept the victim mentality.
I look forward to many months of liberals trying to explain how Cain isn't a genuine black, or how he's actually a racist black, or an Uncle Tom, etc.

Cain had some encouraging remarks today, said he'd consider people like Paul Ryan or Jim DeMint for VP or cabinet, and Newt for a key advisory role or campaign manager because he's brilliant. good choices all around.

elysiantraveller
10-14-2011, 12:31 AM
Just what we need...

Another person with ZERO political experience...
:faint:

newtothegame
10-14-2011, 12:41 AM
Just what we need...

:faint:

Apparently, you missed the comments above where Cain is willing to circle himself with those that have political experience.
I would think this is a good thing. Matter of fact, I would suggest it's better then most anything we have had in recent presidential elections. A guy who has no political leanings, a TON of business experience, and the willingness to listen to those with political experience in order to make decisions that are grounded in a basis with understanding that decisions have ramifications.
Not many in the political realm now understand this. The make deals with unions...not having to pay for it....
The run the deficit up....asking for others to pay for it.....
They pass laws, not living in those laws themselves......
Yeah, I would take a business minded man who will encirlce himself with political savvy people.!

elysiantraveller
10-14-2011, 12:47 AM
Apparently, you missed the comments above where Cain is willing to circle himself with those that have political experience.
I would think this is a good thing. Matter of fact, I would suggest it's better then most anything we have had in recent presidential elections. A guy who has no political leanings, a TON of business experience, and the willingness to listen to those with political experience in order to make decisions that are grounded in a basis with understanding that decisions have ramifications.
Not many in the political realm now understand this. The make deals with unions...not having to pay for it....
The run the deficit up....asking for others to pay for it.....
They pass laws, not living in those laws themselves......
Yeah, I would take a business minded man who will encirlce himself with political savvy people.!

At least Obama was elected to something before...

Nominating this man would be a complete joke.

Seriously... Obama who I railed on for being unqualified was more qualified than this guy!

newtothegame
10-14-2011, 12:50 AM

Ahh so you dont like Cain as he has NO political experience....
But you like Obama who voted PRESENT most of the time (meaning he didnt take a political stance) and NO business experience??
So no political versus community organizer and NO business and you chose the latter??
Good to know where you stand !

bigmack
10-14-2011, 12:58 AM
HC is a VERY likable cat, but I hope you're not vesting much hope in him going far.

Why is he in the middle TN? He ought not to be on a book tour at this juncture in time.

Other ele-notes: Who is running Perry's campaign? What a laugh. We NEVER see the guy on anything but debates and he does not debate well. Cain is on everywhere. Romney is everywhere.

Surrender all. W'M'R is a shoo-in.

elysiantraveller
10-14-2011, 01:00 AM
Ahh so you dont like Cain as he has NO political experience....
But you like Obama who voted PRESENT most of the time (meaning he didnt take a political stance) and NO business experience??
So no political versus community organizer and NO business and you chose the latter??

I did not say I like Obama I said that at least he was elected to something before becoming president.

You act like you've made some triumphant point here but you haven't. The right, including myself, hammered Obama constantly about his inexperience and now the party is clamoring over a guy that has ZERO! It's hypocritical at best and embarrassing at worst.

newtothegame
10-14-2011, 01:06 AM
I did not say I like Obama I said that at least he was elected to something before becoming president.

You act like you've made some triumphant point here but you haven't. The right, including myself, hammered Obama constantly about his inexperience and now the party is clamoring over a guy that has ZERO! It's hypocritical at best and embarrassing at worst.

You're allowed to cast your vote, just as the rest of us are. I have questioned you about this before...you tend to question a lot of right leaning folks and tend to not be so harsh on the left. then you turn with a comment like, "the right...INCLUDING MYSELF"......
You are no more right then McCain! At best, I see you as a centrist. And that's ok...just stop trying to tell the rest of us where you reside when your words say else where....

LottaKash
10-14-2011, 01:26 AM
Seriously... Obama who I railed on for being unqualified was more qualified than this guy!

Qualified to do what, Steal with impunity ?.....Qualifed to run this nation into the ground ?....

If that qualifies him, then he is our man, and we should re-elect him then so he can finish the job he started, to allow this country to slip directly and quickly into a third rate country....He is more than qualified to do that, as he is doing just fine in that regard...

Before he became president he never did anything of any significant consequence, not to my knowledge anyway....If he did, I beg anyone to point out those illustrious acheivements to me...

elysiantraveller
10-14-2011, 01:28 AM
You're allowed to cast your vote, just as the rest of us are. I have questioned you about this before...you tend to question a lot of right leaning folks and tend to not be so harsh on the left. then you turn with a comment like, "the right...INCLUDING MYSELF"......
You are no more right then McCain! At best, I see you as a centrist. And that's ok...just stop trying to tell the rest of us where you reside when your words say else where....

The old "I have nothing so deflect" internet forum trick...

I'm pretty sure you said this...

I have said in many other off topic threads that THIS guy (Obama) consistently goes back on what he originally stated in his drive to the white house. I agree...his inexperience was then and is now of even greater concern. He has NO CLUE. When this is pointed out, the left feels a need to justify it by saying...well bush did..or this one did...in a continuation of denial. But facts are facts. And the facts are that he is not holding to many of the things he ran on. I can only hope that this guy does not run into anything major which requires him to take a tough stance on his beliefs and experience. We will be in great trouble when that happens!

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=678908&postcount=10

So I'll ask again is it hypocritical to attack one guy for lack of experience while endorsing another that has NO experience? Yes or no?

bigmack
10-14-2011, 01:38 AM
So I'll ask again is it hypocritical to attack one guy for lack of experience while endorsing another that has NO experience? Yes or no?
While you bring a sound point, ensure you & 'new' are talking about executive experience. Political experience. If it's political you have a point. If otherwise, 'new' done got a pt.

Problemo el solved-O.

elysiantraveller
10-14-2011, 01:44 AM
While you bring a sound point, ensure you & 'new' are talking about executive experience. Political experience. If it's political you have a point. If otherwise, 'new' done got a pt.

Problemo el solved-O.

Political.

The guy is entertaining, charismatic, and upbeat. I like him. But he has absolutely no business running for the greatest office in the land with no political experience whatsoever. I had a field day pounding on people supporting Obama and his lack of experience but this guy has even less. I'm sorry but running a business is not the same as running the federal government so you can't draw the comparison there.

Its like this weird pseudo-affirmative action in American politics. Anyone else runs for the POTUS and we disect their credentials, domestic, foreign policy, business, etc etc. Except if you are black... then we just don't care... its bizarro world. Its not racism... just an observation.

boxcar
10-14-2011, 01:46 AM

Yeah...wow, what an accomplishment! What a world beater BO was before he became president. He was elected to the senate where he voted "present" most of the time, so as to not have a paper trail. He's never had any executive experience. He's never run a shoe shine stand. Meanwhile, Cain has CEO experience and has operated in many significant capacities in the business world wherein he had to make hard and fast decisions (and not just show up and say, "present") and you're going to suggest that BO's election to the senate trumps Cain's illustrious career? Seriously? All Obama brought to the presidency were his "present" votes,

It's not zero! Cain took a failing business, as its CEO, and turned it around.
Compared to Obama, Cain is 1,000 times more qualified for the job with his resume!

Boxcar

elysiantraveller
10-14-2011, 01:55 AM
Yeah...wow, what an accomplishment! What a world beater BO was before he became president. He was elected to the senate where he voted "present" most of the time, so as to not have a paper trail. He's never had any executive experience. He's never run a shoe shine stand. Meanwhile, Cain has CEO experience and has operated in many significant capacities in the business world wherein he had to make hard and fast decisions (and not just show up and say, "present") and you're going to suggest that BO's election to the senate trumps Cain's illustrious career? Seriously? All Obama brought to the presidency were his "present" votes,

It's not zero! Cain took a failing business, as its CEO, and turned it around.
Compared to Obama, Cain is 1,000 times more qualified for the job with his resume!

Boxcar

Are you really this dense?...

I am saying one WASN'T qualified to be President and one ISN'T. By the standards and statements made by the GOP in the last election.

bigmack
10-14-2011, 02:02 AM
Its like this weird pseudo-affirmative action in American politics. Anyone else runs for the POTUS and we disect their credentials, domestic, foreign policy, business, etc etc. Except if you are black... then we just don't care... its bizarro world. Its not racism... just an observation.
Interesting. That is the FIRST I've heard of this potential "reverse discrimination." I think it's CREATIVE on your part.

Likable, succinct, frank (that's right, frank), catchy (9-9-9)

These all describe, HC.

Come on. Get off political experience.

PaceAdvantage
10-14-2011, 02:05 AM
Just what we need...

:faint:At first, I thought you were kidding. Now I know that you're serious, I'll keep it in mind not to take you seriously.

Political experience should be a DEATH KNELL right about now.

Wake the hell up.

elysiantraveller
10-14-2011, 02:11 AM
At first, I thought you were kidding. Now I know that you're serious, I'll keep it in mind not to take you seriously.

Political experience should be a DEATH KNELL right about now.

Wake the hell up.

How...?

Like Reagan?

I mean seriously you are advocating the next POTUS should not have political experience?!? Wake the hell up.

Is Obama that desperate at this point, that he needs Clark to go after McCain's qualifications as Commander-In-Chief? It's obvious to anyone in the universe who is more qualified to hold that position between the two...

The Democratic Party must really believe America is filled with morons.

Guess its the Republicans now...

PaceAdvantage
10-14-2011, 02:17 AM

Seriously... Obama who I railed on for being unqualified was more qualified than this guy!What a joke!

This man has business savvy, and has been an EXECUTIVE LEADER, the exact qualities NEEDED for the CHIEF EXECUTIVE of the USA (and SORELY LACKING by OBAMA).

Moreover, your statement that he has no political experience is ignorance at its best.

It has been documented that he had a role in the defeat of the Clinton health care plan. He was a senior economic adviser to the Dole/Kemp campaign in 1996. And he was a member of the board of directors of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, where he also served as chairman from Jan 1995 through August of 1996.

This is of course in addition to his documented success as Chairman and CEO of Godfather's Pizza where he transformed that struggling Pillsbury-owned chain into a profitable business.

He is eminently more qualified at this stage of the game than Obama ever was. Obama...the community organizer and limited-experience LEGISLATOR, whose many claims to fame included voting PRESENT on a number of key issues.

We don't need another LEGISLATOR. We need a CHIEF EXECUTIVE. A man with SMARTS (MBA from Perdue, Ballistics Mathematician aka ROCKET SCIENTIST) and the wherewithal and know how to turn a struggling economy around.

In short, a no-nonsense LEADER.

PaceAdvantage
10-14-2011, 02:19 AM
Why is he in the middle TN? He ought not to be on a book tour at this juncture in time.Evidently, this has NOT hurt him...he is doing nothing but rising in the polls.

Is a book tour much different than criss-crossing the country shaking hands with folks and telling them to vote for you?

I think not.

elysiantraveller
10-14-2011, 02:21 AM
What a joke!

This man has business savvy, and has been an EXECUTIVE LEADER, the exact qualities NEEDED for the CHIEF EXECUTIVE of the USA (and SORELY LACKING by OBAMA).

Moreover, your statement that he has no political experience is ignorance at its best.

It has been documented that he had a role in the defeat of the Clinton health care plan. He was a senior economic adviser to the Dole/Kemp campaign in 1996. And he was a member of the board of directors of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, where he also served as chairman from Jan 1995 through August of 1996.

This is of course in addition to his documented success as Chairman and CEO of Godfather's Pizza where he transformed that struggling Pillsbury-owned chain into a profitable business.

He is eminently more qualified at this stage of the game than Obama ever was. Obama...the community organizer and limited-experience LEGISLATOR, whose many claims to fame included voting PRESENT on a number of key issues.

We don't need another LEGISLATOR. We need a CHIEF EXECUTIVE. A man with SMARTS (MBA from Perdue, Ballistics Mathematician aka ROCKET SCIENTIST) and the wherewithal and know how to turn a struggling economy around.

In short, a no-nonsense LEADER.

Those credentials certainly stack up well against the rest of the GOP field... :faint:

PaceAdvantage
10-14-2011, 02:26 AM
I shake my head that anyone has the chutzpah to equate my hammering of Obama's lack of experience as making me a hypocrite in my support of Cain.

I think I have clearly demonstrated that Cain is heads and tails above Obama at a similar point in time in their respective presidential campaigns.

Obama...the man that once touted that running his campaign actually counted as "executive experience." :lol:

elysiantraveller
10-14-2011, 02:29 AM
I shake my head that anyone has the chutzpah to equate my hammering of Obama's lack of experience as making me a hypocrite in my support of Cain.

It does when you support him against the field assembled in the GOP primary.

PaceAdvantage
10-14-2011, 02:31 AM
How...?

Like Reagan?

I mean seriously you are advocating the next POTUS should not have political experience?!? Wake the hell up.You will note that I never said anything about POLITICAL EXPERIENCE in that quote when it came to Obama. And quite frankly, Obama's political experience up until he became President was hardly groundbreaking. A state senator followed by a few years in the US Senate, much of that time taken up actually running for President.

I clearly was referring to EXECUTIVE EXPERIENCE in that quote you chose to use.

PaceAdvantage
10-14-2011, 02:36 AM
It does when you support him against the field assembled in the GOP primary.Be honest. Perry is being made out to be George W. Bush II by the MSM, so he has no chance. And Romney has never been warmly embraced by even his own party.

I remain completely uninspired by those two choices.

And Bachmann, much to my chagrin, really does appear to be batshit crazy. Whoever let her turn Cain's 9-9-9 plan into some nutty 6-6-6 quip in the last debate should be fired...the fact that she elected not to dismiss out of hand using such a quip essentially proves her nuttiness.

elysiantraveller
10-14-2011, 02:42 AM
Be honest. Perry is being made out to be George W. Bush II by the MSM, so he has no chance. And Romney has never been warmly embraced by even his own party.

I remain completely uninspired by those two choices.

And Bachmann, much to my chagrin, really does appear to be batshit crazy. Whoever let her turn Cain's 9-9-9 plan into some nutty 6-6-6 quip in the last debate should be fired...the fact that she elected not to dismiss out of hand using such a quip essentially proves her nuttiness.

I hear you on the field but the GOP will back whoever wins the nomination so there are no worries there.

The problem is people like Romney are hammered for their legislative track record while the guy leading the polls doesn't have one... Hardly fair.

And be honest its completely hypocritical (Not you necessarily) that Republicans, who blasted Obama on experience, are turning to a guy who is known for operating a Pizza Company when the field consists of three governors, three legislators, and a former speaker of the house...

Its bizarro world...

bigmack
10-14-2011, 02:42 AM
Evidently, this has NOT hurt him...he is doing nothing but rising in the polls.

Is a book tour much different than criss-crossing the country shaking hands with folks and telling them to vote for you?

I think not.
My impression is these polls are more reflective of exposure. Herm is EVERYWHERE.

But - he ain't got no dough. And he ain't gonna get the nom.

Surrender. W'M'R is sworn in, 1/13.

LottaKash
10-14-2011, 03:05 AM
Its bizarro world...

It sure is....We are living in the most "corrupt" time in this nation's history....

We thought that BO would be the catalyst for the new "change" that this nation was so desperately seeking in the last election......

Nope, it wasn't so....And, anyone with eyes to see, can "easily" see this reality...

So, you want more of these experienced guys ?....The ones who are putting governments of other third world South American, or African regimes to shame, by being, easily more corrupt than those third string players.....

The day of the Dems and Repubs is gone....What we have now, are elected officials who purport to be of either of those two persuasions, but in reality, they strictly serve themselves even more so than the ones who entrusted them with their votes....

How about some real and meaningful positive of change, for a change....?

Why are people so obstinate in deviating from the same old, same old way of corruption....If we keep electing these so called "experienced" politicians, how can we ever expect anything positive to happen by repeating our mistakes with that tired way of thinking, over and over again...?

Even losing horseplayers will at sometime or other, finally come to that realization...

We have been betrayed by those who are currently in power.......If anyone can't see that, then I sure hope they are not a horseplayer...:D

PaceAdvantage
10-14-2011, 03:31 AM
And be honest its completely hypocritical (Not you necessarily) that Republicans, who blasted Obama on experience, are turning to a guy who is known for operating a Pizza Company when the field consists of three governors, three legislators, and a former speaker of the house...

Its bizarro world...Actually, it's foresight if you ask me.

Given the current state of this nation, and that fact that it has been driven into this state BY POLITICIANS, it's only natural to seek out a non-politician with highly desirable executive experience.

PaceAdvantage
10-14-2011, 03:32 AM
My impression is these polls are more reflective of exposure. Herm is EVERYWHERE.

But - he ain't got no dough. And he ain't gonna get the nom.Herm will start getting mo dough if it turns out that this is more than his 15 minutes...

bigmack
10-14-2011, 03:43 AM
Herm will start getting mo dough if it turns out that this is more than his 15 minutes...
Warhol was short with 15 on Herm. I have him pegged for 18-19. Howevah...

THE MACHINE ain't there. Ya gotsta have a machine by now.

Christie lettuce to MR. Watch for new figures on donations. :eek:

Speaking of which, I see $70Mil for BO over the summer. All of that from $5 dinner raffles or Corporate/Wall Street?

newtothegame
10-14-2011, 04:00 AM
The old "I have nothing so deflect" internet forum trick...

I'm pretty sure you said this...

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=678908&postcount=10

I have never deflected anything lol...that's extremely funny especially if you've read anything I have ever wrote lol.
YOU are the one that keeps "underhandedly slighting the political right" then turning right around when questioned and reply with something like..."I AM ON THE RIGHT SIDE AND I AGREE.....BUT....."
Why do consistently feel you need to remind YOURSELF that you're on the right?
Trust me, you're not convincing anyone here brother. They see your words and make their own decisions.
It has never been a problem of me answering questions...so here goes....
You asked "is it hypocritical to attack one guy for lack of experience while endorsing another that has NO experience? Yes or no?"

As I said above and will again......why would you question someone's experience and use OBAMA as a referrence? OBAMA HAS ZERO OF ANY EXPERIENCE except in community organizing ...(and I have my doubts to his abilities there as well).....
Obama has voted present during his time in office then should be allowed lol!!!
The guy as best know has never ran ANYTHING in the private sector (including a mop ...in which I would question his abilities to do that)....
So to even compare Cain to him.....well to summerize a famous yet old country singer....it's like comparing Hitler to Netanyahu. There is no comparison.....
Have you even seen Cain's resume? It is on the net if you like to find it.

From a political standpoint, Cain himself admits that he doesn't have much....and as I said, that's not a bad thing! Next, if you read other comments here, Cain has said he would surround himself with some political people....I think that's suffucient for me.
What has Obama surrounded himself with?? Let's see.....J Wright, Ayers, ...list goes on and on....CEO's who do NOT pay their taxes.....More czars then who knows what...lol So yeah, I am fine with Cain and his associations to date.
But, YES it's quite alright for you to question whatever you like....just stop asking questions that are right in front of you then playing this "I'm on your side card"......

newtothegame
10-14-2011, 04:15 AM
I hear you on the field but the GOP will back whoever wins the nomination so there are no worries there.

The problem is people like Romney are hammered for their legislative track record while the guy leading the polls doesn't have one... Hardly fair.

Its bizarro world...

You're right...It's bizzaro if you really think Herman Cain is known for operating a pizza company. As I said above...He has a resume online...maybe you might want to look at it before you think "A pizza guy running the oval office???" lol
From civilian design work for the Navy...to helping turn around a losing company to profitability in only FOURTEEN months......
Seems to me everything this guy touches has turn out to be pretty successful...
And here's the kicker Elysian...HE DIDNT JUST VOTE PRESENT in any position he has held!!!

PaceAdvantage
10-14-2011, 04:18 AM
It doesn't matter who Christie endorses. People back winners. If it's clear Romney isn't going anywhere, the tide will shift.

Robert Goren
10-14-2011, 07:46 AM
What a joke!

In short, a no-nonsense LEADER.If Cain was such a great CEO of Godfathers Pizza, why hasn't he landed another CEO gig since? All he has had since are some government jobs, some board of directors seats and a radio talk show. It seems to me if he did such a good job there, some other company would have made him an offer he could not refuse. (Pun intended)

newtothegame
10-14-2011, 08:33 AM
If Cain was such a great CEO of Godfathers Pizza, why hasn't he landed another CEO gig since? All he has had since are some government jobs, some board of directors seats and a radio talk show. It seems to me if he did such a good job there, some other company would have made him an offer he could not refuse. (Pun intended)
Gee robert...you mak it sound as if the guy has or done nothing...you know those menial types of jobs....
Well, since you and Elysian seem to have problems finding his resume....(or maybe you have found it and can't recognize quality)....
Here ya go:
* Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics.
* Master’s degree in Computer Science.
* Mathematician for the Navy, where he worked on missile ballistics (making him a rocket scientist).
* Computer systems analyst for Coca-Cola.
* VP of Corporate Data Systems and Services for Pillsbury (this is the top of the ladder in the computer world, being in charge of information systems for a major corporation).

All achieved before reaching the age of 35.
Then......
Since he reached the top of the information systems world, he changed careers!
* Business Manager. Took charge of Pillsbury’s 400 Burger King
restaurants in the Philadelphia area, which were the company’s poorest performers in the country. Spent the first nine months learning the business from the ground up, cooking hamburger and yes, cleaning toilets. After three years he had turned them into the company’s best performers.
* Godfather’s Pizza CEO. Was asked by Pillsbury to take charge of their Godfather’s Pizza chain (which was on the verge of bankruptcy). He made it profitable in 14 months.
* In 1988 he led a buyout of the Godfather’s Pizza chain from
Pillsbury. He was now the owner of a restaurant chain. Again he reached the top of the ladder of another industry.
* He was also chairman of the National Restaurant Association during this time. This is a group that interacts with government on behalf of the restaurant industry, and it gave him political experience from the non-politician side. Not done yet though.....Having reached the top of a second industry, he changed careers again!

* Adviser to the Federal Reserve System. Herman Cain went to work for the Federal Reserve Banking System advising them on how monetary policy changes would affect American businesses.
* Chairman of the Kansas City Federal Reserve Bank. He worked his way up to the chairmanship of a regional Federal Reserve bank. This is only one step below the chairmanship of the entire Federal Reserve System (the top banking position in the country). This position allowed him to see how monetary policy is made from the inside, and understand the political forces that impact the monetary system.

Still, there's more....

After reaching the top of the banking industry, he changed careers for a fourth time!

* Writer and public speaker. He then started to write and speak on leadership. His books include Speak as a Leader, CEO of Self, Leadership is Common Sense, and They Think You’re Stupid.
* Radio Host. Around 2007—after a remarkable 40 year career—he
started hosting a radio show on WSB in Atlanta (the largest talk radio station in the country).

He did all this starting from rock bottom (his father was a chauffeur and his mother was a maid). When you add up his accomplishments in his life—including reaching the top of three unrelated industries: information systems, business management, and banking— .

http://www.israpundit.com/archives/40345

Yeah I can see how you guys think he hasn't done much...:lol: . Not only has he reached the pinnacle of his first chosen career path, HE DID IT IN THREE DIFFERENT INDUSTRIES. Talk about UNqualified.....:lol:

newtothegame
10-14-2011, 08:35 AM
If Cain was such a great CEO of Godfathers Pizza, why hasn't he landed another CEO gig since? All he has had since are some government jobs, some board of directors seats and a radio talk show. It seems to me if he did such a good job there, some other company would have made him an offer he could not refuse. (Pun intended)

P.S, with mosty and NJ lurking around here, I would be careful how they interpret the above bolded statement. I mean you make it sound so unfulfilling..menial even lol.

Robert Goren
10-14-2011, 08:50 AM
Cain's days in the spotlight are number. Newt will be the new flavor de jour soon. He has already move into third place passing Perry in latest poll according to what I heard on Fox & Friends this morning.

newtothegame
10-14-2011, 08:59 AM
Cain's days in the spotlight are number. Newt will be the new flavor de jour soon. He has already move into third place passing Perry in latest poll according to what I heard on Fox & Friends this morning.

Aww c'mon ...can't bring yourself to comment on his resume NOW? I mean I posted some of it for you.....
Or would you rather post Obama's in comparison? :lol:

rgustafson
10-14-2011, 09:07 AM

Finally you see the light. This sounds like the point I was trying to make in a thread about a year ago when you accused me of being a misogynist.:)

Robert Goren
10-14-2011, 09:26 AM
Aww c'mon ...can't bring yourself to comment on his resume NOW? I mean I posted some of it for you.....
Or would you rather post Obama's in comparison? :lol:You have not posted anything that will change my mind about Cain's Resume. I stand by what I said. Good CEOs get job offers to be CEOs at other companies for lots of money. They do not become radio talk show hosts. Why isn't this guy the head of a Fortune 500 company if he so great?

newtothegame
10-14-2011, 09:33 AM
You have not posted anything that will change my mind about Cain's Resume. I stand by what I said. Good CEOs get job offers to be CEOs at other companies for lots of money. They do not become radio talk show hosts. Why isn't this guy the head of a Fortune 500 company if he so great?
Ohh Robert, I am not sure why...here's a thought though....maybe, just maybe after reaching the TOP in THREE DIFFERENT INDUSTRIES, maybe he thought he had done enough.......I mean the guy is only 65.....(born Dec 1945).....
Hell, maybe he should just work till he is a 100.....:bang:
And if you're gonna ask well then why not retire completly...why run for president.....I would suggest cause possibly, he has done all he wished to do in those industries...now he wants to be CEO of the U.S :lol: :lol:

newtothegame
10-14-2011, 09:36 AM
You have not posted anything that will change my mind about Cain's Resume. I stand by what I said. Good CEOs get job offers to be CEOs at other companies for lots of money. They do not become radio talk show hosts. Why isn't this guy the head of a Fortune 500 company if he so great?
Also, here's an article that might help explain why.......
http://247wallst.com/2010/06/01/the-oldest-public-company-ceos/

dartman51
10-14-2011, 09:48 AM
All this talk about Cain having NO POLITICAL EXPERIENCE........I'm old enough to remember Dwight D. Eisenhower. As I recall, he did quiet well, with ZEROpolitical experience. :ThmbUp:

Greyfox
10-14-2011, 09:52 AM
All this talk about Cain having NO POLITICAL EXPERIENCE........I'm old enough to remember Dwight D. Eisenhower. As I recall, he did quiet well, with ZEROpolitical experience. :ThmbUp:

:ThmbUp: Exactly.
Decision making ability, leadership ability, common sense, and a vision are far more important in this CEO job. Bringing up lack of political experience is a red herring.

ArlJim78
10-14-2011, 09:57 AM
It doesn't matter who Christie endorses. People back winners. If it's clear Romney isn't going anywhere, the tide will shift.
it will shift because Romney despite having the backing of the elites does not inspire and once again he will under perform when the votes are counted.

one thing that told me a lot about his character is how he vanished from the news for a couple of years after the last election. while Obama-Reid-Pelosi ran wild, while the tea party formed and got active across the land, where was Mittens? why wasn't he acting as the conservative leader in waiting? why didn't he attend tea parties or take forceful stands against the horrible legislation that was introduced? it was people like Palin, Bachmann, DeMint and others who were the lone voices of dissent. Mitt was laying low, not wanting to get dirty, not wanting to say anything controversial, not wanting to muss his hair. In essence he was like a suspect, well bred, lightly raced 2yo who has qualified early for the Kentucky Derby but ducks the competition and trains up to the derby instead of competing so as to not get exposed.

ArlJim78
10-14-2011, 10:03 AM
:ThmbUp: Exactly.
Decision making ability, leadership ability, common sense, and a vision are far more important in this CEO job. Bringing up lack of political experience is a red herring.
in my book lack of political experience is a plus.
Cain has a well rounded background in terms of education and business.
I'd much rather have a guy with good judgement and leadership qualities and no politcal experience than most of the career politicians that we come across.

hcap
10-14-2011, 10:14 AM
Sorry guys, Cain's 999 plan examined will self-destruct his campaigh. He has to answer stuff that is not gonna fly. Beginning with......

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/herman-cains-misleading-pitch-for-the-999-plan/2011/10/12/gIQAHszPgL_blog.html

“my lead economist” who helped develop Cain’s signature “9-9-9” plan for overhauling the federal tax system. “He is an economist, and he has worked in the business of wealth creation most of his career,” Cain said.

Actually, according to Lowrie’s Linked-In profile, he has a bachelor’s degree in accountancy from Case Western Reserve University, not economics. Lowrie, in an e-mail, said he did not consider himself an economist, just “senior economic advisor” to the Cain campaign.

After the nuts and bolts are explained---if ever----Batshit Bachman will look like a economic genius.

hcap
10-14-2011, 10:35 AM
I have a better plan. The 333 plan.

1-Cut the military budget by 1/3 rd
2-Return to the Clinton tax structure of 1993
3-Remove 1/3 rd of all republican representatives and senators from congress.

The Judge
10-14-2011, 10:57 AM
doesn't look like you will get a yes or no answer to your question "is it hypocritical to now excuse no political experience" when it was so all fired important just a few short years ago.

Good try maybe next time.

elysiantraveller
10-14-2011, 11:04 AM
doesn't look like you will get a yes or no answer to your question "is it hypocritical to now excuse no political experience" when it was so all fired important just a few short years ago.

You are right.

Now it's being perverted into being a plus.

Tom
10-14-2011, 11:19 AM
I have a better plan. The 333 plan.

That is half of Obama's current plan!
You and Boxcar can discuss among yourselves. :D

Tom
10-14-2011, 11:21 AM

He had to get Patton and Monty to work together - he may have been the greatest politician in history! :eek::lol:

hcap
10-14-2011, 11:28 AM
That is half of Obama's current plan!
You and Boxcar can discuss among yourselves. :DI thought Bachman brought up what happens when 999 is turned upside down?

My plan goes further than Obama;s. I particularly like getting rid of 1/3 of the rethugs in congress.

No commie revolution here, just a job for Roto-Rooter.

Tom
10-14-2011, 11:32 AM
The GOOD new, hcap - 1/3 of the repubs in Congress have been voted out!
The BAD news......they were replaced with Tea Party people! :lol:

boxcar
10-14-2011, 11:38 AM
Are you really this dense?...

I am saying one WASN'T qualified to be President and one ISN'T. By the standards and statements made by the GOP in the last election.

And the GOP was correct. What real business or political EXPERIENCE did he Obama have? There is no real comparison between Obama and Cain, therefore, the GOP is wrong. Why do you I have been calling the Republicans the Party of Stupid for many years now? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

hcap
10-14-2011, 11:40 AM
The GOOD new, hcap - 1/3 of the repubs in Congress have been voted out!

Clause Number #1

The BAD news......they were replaced with Tea Party people! :lol:

Clause Number #2
I think you got your bad news/good news mixed up. Because I agree!!

1-Good, damn right!!
2-Bad, damn right!!

boxcar
10-14-2011, 11:40 AM
I thought Bachman brought up what happens when 999 is turned upside down?

My plan goes further than Obama;s. I particularly like getting rid of 1/3 of the rethugs in congress.

No commie revolution here, just a job for Roto-Rooter.

Yeah...and one that would probably cost taxpayers at least a half a bil worth of greenbacks by the the time the Dems got done. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
10-14-2011, 11:55 AM

Good try maybe next time.You and elysiantraveller are distorting history. I never criticized Obama for a lack of political experience. I criticized him for a lack of experience period. Real world, executive experience.

He had ZERO experience running ANYTHING. So much so, Obama himself once tried to count his campaign as "executive experience."

What you and elysian are trying to do amounts to nothing but a red herring.

elysiantraveller
10-14-2011, 12:17 PM
You and elysiantraveller are distorting history. I never criticized Obama for a lack of political experience. I criticized him for a lack of experience period. Real world, executive experience.

He had ZERO experience running ANYTHING. So much so, Obama himself once tried to count his campaign as "executive experience."

What you and elysian are trying to do amounts to nothing but a red herring.

He is the least qualified candidate in a GOP primary that consists of three governors, three legislators, and a former speaker of the house. To have been on of those people attacking Obama for his lack of experience and then turning around and backing Cain out of the GOP field is hypocritical.

You accuse it of being a red herring? What am I diverting attention away from? I'm saying the "unusual politician" is unusual because he has no business being there.

Finally, if anyone really thinks running the Federal Government is the same as running a business they need to have their head examined. In a business there is no organized dissent, no division of power, and seldom the need for transactional pragmatic leadership. Ignoring policy, you and I both hammer on Obama for his absolutely terrible leadership skills. The ability to effectively lead in American politics is steeped in being pragmatic and transactional as its the only way things ever get done. How often are businesses ran that way?...

Against qualified and experienced candidates the GOP is beginning to back a Pizza salesman. I personally don't want another salesman.

The Judge
10-14-2011, 12:35 PM
you mean you have to say the "exact words" or it doesn't count. There can be no question that something has changed with respects to the amount and type of experience needed to be President since Obama ran and now. What could have changed?

Greyfox
10-14-2011, 12:41 PM
You accuse it of being a red herring? What am I diverting attention away from? .

You're tossing out lack of Political Leadership as a reason not to vote for Cain.
That is a red herring in that it will have people chewing on a piece of fish, while there are more important things to digest.

Like ArlJim, I consider lack of previous political experience a huge plus.
The reason the Debt is so out of control is because Americans have been electing politicians to run the ship rather than businessmen. Had businessmen been at the helm the Debt would have been lower, China wouldn't be owed as much, and America might have held on to more manufacturing jobs.
Businessmen would not have made the blunders that so many politicians did.
Believing that a person needs a political background to be the CEO of the most powerful nation on earth is mired in old style thinking. Give me a person with a good business mind any day.

Tom
10-14-2011, 12:47 PM
He had ZERO experience running ANYTHING.

And now, three year later, he only plenty of experience running things...

INTO THE GROUND!

lsbets
10-14-2011, 12:50 PM
you mean you have to say the "exact words" or it doesn't count. There can be no question that something has changed with respects to the amount and type of experience needed to be President since Obama ran and now. What could have changed?

Guess you can't say its because Obama's black. :lol: :lol:

Damn, you guys might have to think of something new. That must be tough.

Or, it could be as Mike said - Obama didn't just have very little political experience (he had more political than anythiing), he had very little experience period. The man never ran anything, and it shows.

elysiantraveller
10-14-2011, 12:58 PM
The reason the Debt is so out of control is because Americans have been electing politicians to run the ship rather than businessmen. Had businessmen been at the helm the Debt would have been lower, China wouldn't be owed as much, and America might have held on to more manufacturing jobs.
Believing that a person needs a political background to be the CEO of the most powerful nation on earth is mired in old style thinking. Give me a person with a good business mind any day.

I love it when people select one sentence I posted to disagree with out of paragraphs.

Kudo's on the prediction almost a year out but...

Obama is not my pick either.
But I think that your read on the situation is wrong.
His opening win in Iowa has started a fire.
He'll win again in New Hampshire and the blaze will grow bigger.
As he rolls south more and more will be jumping on his band wagon.
People are like sheep in that regard.
And guess what? He'll not only win the Democratic nomination, he'll
beat the Republicans as well.
America will have it's first black president.
That's what my crystal ball says.
But he's not my pick. He seems to be a great man, but he just doesn't have enough experience in both foreign and domestic affairs.

Thats hypocritical...

Greyfox
10-14-2011, 01:03 PM
What's hypocritical about that.
1. I said Obama would win.
2. I said he wasn't my pick.
3. I said he didn't have enough experience.

At the track that's a Winning Pick 3 ticket.
(Obama had minimal political experience. He had zero management experience.
His political experience did not give him any advantage in either foreign or domestic affairs. Cain may lack in those areas too but he does have management experience.
Also, when Obama came to power, the economy was not on the rocks like it is since he took over. Obama promised to go through the budget "line by line."
What a joke. That never happened and a budget really hasn't been produced since 2009.
So right now the business side of the equation becomes huge and a business model is needed. Cain has strength in that area. )

elysiantraveller
10-14-2011, 01:17 PM
What's hypocritical about that.
1. I said Obama would win.
2. I said he wasn't my pick.
3. I said he didn't have enough experience.

At the track that's a Winning Pick 3 ticket.
(Obama had minimal political experience. He had zero management experience.
His political experience did not give him any advantage in either foreign or domestic affairs. Cain may lack in those areas too but he does have management experience.
Also, when Obama came to power, the economy was not on the rocks like it is since he took over. Obama promised to go through the budget "line by line."
What a joke. That never happened and a budget really hasn't been produced since 2009.
So right now the business side of the equation becomes huge and a business model is needed. Cain has strength in that area. )

And right now Cain is campaigning on a 9-9-9 plan that even his advisors say couldn't be implemented...

The economy wasn't on the rocks now like it is then?... please...

If you want to be inconsistent with how you judge people fine... at least own it.

Greyfox
10-14-2011, 01:20 PM
The economy wasn't on the rocks now like it is then?... please...

If you want to be inconsistent with how you judge people fine... at least own it.

Where did I say the above?

I said:

"Also, when Obama came to power, the economy was not on the rocks like it is since he took over."

elysiantraveller
10-14-2011, 01:24 PM
Where did I say the above?

I said:

"Also, when Obama came to power, the economy was not on the rocks like it is since he took over."

How is that any different? :lol:

What about the 9-9-9 plan?

What about Obama's lack of domestic and foriegn experience hurts him but not Cain?

Like I said its just easier to own it than try to explain it away.

hcap
10-14-2011, 01:24 PM
At the moment, with no more surprise candidates jumping in, (Jeb Bush? :jump: ) Romney is the only shot you guys got at the Presidency.

Spiderman
10-14-2011, 01:34 PM
I don't see what the fuss is about Cain. He cited Alan Greenspan as the model person for his economic adviser; he displayed an uneven temper in the latest debate and his "9-9-9" slogan receives three Pinocchio rating in Fact Checker:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/herman-cains-misleading-pitch-for-the-999-plan/2011/10/12/gIQAHszPgL_blog.html

The "9-9-9 is also a swipe from a video game:

Herman Cain 999 Plan: Did It Come From SimCity?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/13/herman-cain-999-sim-city_n_1008952.html?ref=mostpopular

Cain is pure bluster without the temperament and ability to be considered for POTUS. If the Tea Party and the southern religious group become disenchanted with Romney, Cain may become a third party candidate.

boxcar
10-14-2011, 02:25 PM
You're tossing out lack of Political Leadership as a reason not to vote for Cain.
That is a red herring in that it will have people chewing on a piece of fish, while there are more important things to digest.

Well said. It appears ET is stuck in antiquated, Old World thinking. Even smart, savvy business people know when it makes sense to buck the conventional wisdom and hire a diamond-in- the-rough with lots of demonstrated, broad-based talent over specific-based experience. The last thing this nation needs is the same ol', same ol' establishment type. It is precisely those types who have gotten us to the brink of this disaster. :bang: :bang:

Boxcar

newtothegame
10-14-2011, 02:29 PM

unable to JUDGE anything.....
If you can read, you would see in post #36 he got an answer......
I understand though, you were probably watching judge Joe Brown or something and missed it!

The Judge
10-14-2011, 02:35 PM
of course that's my point ,you get to the same place. Cain being a black conservative Republican now the experience question disappears. How convenient.

LottaKash
10-14-2011, 02:47 PM
The last thing this nation needs is the same ol', same ol' establishment type. It is precisely those types who have gotten us to the brink of this disaster. Boxcar

Some here don't, and never will, get that Box.....

Vote for the same ole, and you will get what you vote for....The same ole crooks and control freaks, only with more and even bigger (brother) government than before, in the next hitch...

best,

lsbets
10-14-2011, 02:48 PM
of course that's my point ,you get to the same place. Cain being a black conservative Republican now the experience question disappears. How convenient.

The experience question disappears because Cain has a lot of experience. What part of my response did you not understand? Obama- practically no experience of any kind anywhere; Cain -a lot of experience in the business world.

Greyfox
10-14-2011, 03:00 PM
How is that any different? :lol:

I don't teach reading comprehension.
If you can't see the difference between what I said and what you thought I said, I can't help you.

With respect to Cain's 9-9-9 plan, I think that he's on the right track.
If you don't want to leave the Debt as legacy for your grand-children, then a Federal Sales tax has to be on the table. Unfortunately, many voters might consider that to be a turnoff.

With respect to Cain lacking in Foreign and Domestic affairs experience, that is an Achilles heel. Except for Jon Huntsman the other nominee candidates are lacking in Foreign affairs as well. Their experience in Domestic affairs has been tainted by being politicians.

I haven't said that Cain would be my pick. Him and Huntsman appear to be the best of this bunch. But when the GOP has shifted front runners 5 times already (Palin begot Bachman begot Perry begot Romney begot Cain) one can only conclude that the Republicans are still searching for a "better fit."
As I've said before, there is some likelihood that the best candidates are fleeing from the Presidency as the next Prez will have to face some very very tough economic decisions which could lead to only a 4 year term as well.

elysiantraveller
10-14-2011, 03:03 PM
Well said. It appears ET is stuck in antiquated, Old World thinking. Even smart, savvy business people know when it makes sense to buck the conventional wisdom and hire a diamond-in- the-rough with lots of demonstrated, broad-based talent over specific-based experience. The last thing this nation needs is the same ol', same ol' establishment type. It is precisely those types who have gotten us to the brink of this disaster. :bang: :bang:

Boxcar

Coming from the person who uses a scripture interpretation from the era of antiquity thats a pretty funny accusation.

These things literally take me seconds to find.

Classic case of the kettle calling the pot black, most especially since Thomas had numerous years' experience as a jurist before he was nominated to the S.C. compared to NoBama's 140 or so days' in the Senate prior to his nomination.

NoBama is a pathetic clown. I doubt he can wipe his own butt clean without on-hands help from his handlers.

Everyone here is trying to turn this into a Obama/Cain debate with me... I'm not. What I am saying is that the same party that hammered on Obama for his inexperience now is claiming it as a positive for Cain against the likes of three governors, three legislators, and a former speaker of the house. Its hypocritical.

Obama Vs. McCain = Obama has no experience people are idiots.
Cain Vs. GOP Field = Cain has no experience and thats great!

I find it amazing how hard it is for people to own up to this.

newtothegame
10-14-2011, 03:05 PM
Coming from the person who uses a scripture interpretation from the era of antiquity thats a pretty funny accusation.

Everyone here is trying to turn this into a Obama/Cain debate with me... I'm not. What I am saying is that the same party that hammered on Obama for his inexperience now is claiming it as a positive for Cain against the likes of three governors, three legislators, and a former speaker of the house. Its hypocritical.

you shouldnt find it amazing...what you should find is we are almost four years further down the road and time has a certain affect on people.....After this bozo in office, people are really getting fed up with POLITICIANS.
People want to know where that "hope and change" is that was promised.....
Now the people are going to force the change just as they did in thelast congressional elections.....only this time it will be on the presidency!

elysiantraveller
10-14-2011, 03:06 PM
I haven't said that Cain would be my pick. Him and Huntsman appear to be the best of this bunch. But when the GOP has shifted front runners 5 times already (Palin begot Bachman begot Perry begot Romney begot Cain) one can only conclude that the Republicans are still searching for a "better fit."
As I've said before, there is some likelihood that the best candidates are fleeing from the Presidency as the next Prez will have to face some very very tough economic decisions which could lead to only a 4 year term as well.

I agree with parts of this.

But as per my original contention is it not somewhat hypocritical that the man currently surging in polls is the guy thats never been elected to public office?

Come on you can at least grant that right?...

Sugar Ron
10-14-2011, 03:13 PM
Establishment cons like Rove must be soiling their boxers over this Cain surge

They know that Willard is the only one who has a chance to take down BO ... but they can't control the half-cocked 'baggers ... and get them to fall in line like a bunch of lemmings.

Too funny

bigmack
10-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Don't anyone tell Sugar on this date 4 years ago, Giuliani was in the lead with 30%. Sugar is in the dark on so much, might as well leave him that way.

elysiantraveller
10-14-2011, 03:17 PM
you shouldnt find it amazing...what you should find is we are almost four years further down the road and time has a certain affect on people.....After this bozo in office, people are really getting fed up with POLITICIANS.
People want to know where that "hope and change" is that was promised.....
Now the people are going to force the change just as they did in thelast congressional elections.....only this time it will be on the presidency!

I am finding that... four years down the road people have flip-flopped. Thank you for finally agreeing with me even the tiniest %.

So (why I don't like Cain) this has all been done before.

Obama was that "hope and change" candidate because he was something different and fresh. We don't need another salesman in the Whitehouse we need people with political track records of getting shit done.

The first order of business in getting this economy back on track is the repealing and/or mitigation of the effects of HRC. The longer that elephant is in the room the longer the economy suffers. I'm sorry but I don't trust someone who has never held public office to accomplish that in a timely fashion.

Greyfox
10-14-2011, 03:22 PM
I agree with parts of this.

But as per my original contention is it not somewhat hypocritical that the man currently surging in polls is the guy thats never been elected to public office?

Come on you can at least grant that right?...

That's not really my understanding of hypocritical.
At any rate, let's move on.

boxcar
10-14-2011, 03:29 PM

Your antiquated ideas, unlike God's word, doesn't transcend time. That's why it's called the eternal word!

Are you really this dull or just being obtuse? For me to have compared Thomas' experience with BO'S ABSENCE OF ANY EXPERIENCE was a valid comparison and falls on the same plane as comparing BO's dismal credentials with Cain's illustrious career and impressive resume.

You're delusional. It's not hypocritical! Cain has plenty of business-related experience, therefore, it's not as though he's an Obama-type going up against experienced Republican pols.

I find it even more amazing how dishonest you are. No conservative here has said that Cain has "no experience" as you have misleading claimed. We are saying that Cain's experience is different from his rivals in that it is mostly business-related, which is far more than Obama ever had. For any of us to be hypocritical, we would have to equate Cain to Obama, which none us of, rightfully and justifiably, have done. Obama is the guy who had NO EXPERIENCE -- NOT Cain. Got it now?

Boxcar

The Judge
10-14-2011, 03:42 PM
not only did I miss the answer to elysiantravellers question the first time, I missed the answer on the re-reading as well. Why, because there is no answer.

If there is simply copy what you consider your answer and post it.

I say there is no answer in post #36 so you won't be posting anything from post #36 its just more talk more excuses with you saying its an "answer". You need experience but not the kind Obama got "elected on" just the kind that Cain is "running on".

I am saying that "if" Obama lacked the "experience" when he ran, Cain lacks it now. This is true no matter how you want to rewrite what "experience" means now that the conservative front runner has NONE. The Great Pizza Turn Around lots of luck with that.

newtothegame
10-14-2011, 03:49 PM
not only did I miss the answer to elysiantravellers question the first time, I missed the answer on the re-reading as well. Why, because there is no answer.

If there is simply copy what you consider your answer and post it.

I say there is no answer in post #36 so you won't be posting anything from post #36 its just more talk more excuses with you saying its an "answer". You need experience but not the kind Obama got "elected on" just the kind that Cain is "running on".

I am saying that "if" Obama lacked the "experience" when he ran, Cain lacks it now. This is true no matter how you want to rewrite what "experience" means now that the conservative front runner has NONE. The Great Pizza Turn Around lots of luck with that. in post 36, I said ...but YES, YOU CAN QUESTION anything you like......so that was the answer to the question he posed to me. Sorry you don't understand what YES means.

newtothegame
10-14-2011, 03:53 PM
Now my yes reply was can he question his , being cains, experience......as to it being hypocritical, that's been addressed several times over as its a different time, different circumstances, different types of experience....

Sugar Ron
10-14-2011, 04:05 PM
Don't anyone tell Sugar on this date 4 years ago, Giuliani was in the lead with 30%. Sugar is in the dark on so much, might as well leave him that way.

Predicted several months ago on this very board that Willard would get the nomination.

Jus havin sum fun with u cons... :cool:

boxcar
10-14-2011, 05:57 PM
Ed Schultz: Cain is Pandering to ‘White Republicans’ Who ‘Don’t Like Black Folks’

The talking heads are already imploding over the prospects of Cain winning the nom. Wow, this black guy is so clever. Is Schultz suggesting that Cain is another Marxist like the one we have in the WH, but only posing as a Capitalism and Freedom-loving black man who is really whiter on the inside than the whitest of white men? Wow! What a plan, if Cain can pull this off! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/ed-schultz-cain-is-pandering-to-white-republicans-who-dont-like-black-folks/

Boxcar

lsbets
10-14-2011, 06:09 PM
Predicted several months ago on this very board that Willard would get the nomination.

Jus havin sum fun with u cons... :cool:

Wow, you're like Nostradamus. It's not like he's been the heavy favorite or something. :rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage
10-14-2011, 08:03 PM
you mean you have to say the "exact words" or it doesn't count. There can be no question that something has changed with respects to the amount and type of experience needed to be President since Obama ran and now. What could have changed?Not sure, but at least you can't play that tired old race card again...bet that's frustrating the shit outta you.

broadreach
10-14-2011, 08:10 PM
He showed some clear vision on Outfront last night. His obstacle will be raising enough funds to combat Mitt and co.

The Judge
10-14-2011, 10:39 PM
this was posted boxcar by only a few hours ago under Occupy WS Chicago/LA post #568
"Maybe they think Obama was awarded the SHOE SHINE CONCESSION in the WH, and that Bush never really left the Oval Office."

SHOE SHINE CONCESSION! This is out of the head of regular poster here not from some unknown Wall Street protester as he would suggest.

These are the type of posts I reply to when I mention race on this board and now I am the playing the race card.

bigmack
10-14-2011, 10:42 PM
Capt. Corpulent (Rotund Eddie) always has that finger pointin'. Half their commercials are promos for the other ones show. :lol:

Here's that white boy from Brainerd. Yeah, Brainerd. As in Margo/Forehead.

Ed Schultz, host of MSNBC's the Ed Show, believes that Republican presidential contender Herman Cain is pandering to "white Republicans out there who don't like black folks" and accused Sen. Jim Demint, R-S.C., of using racist langauge in his opposition to Obamacare.

On his show last night, Schultz said that Demint, whom Cain has mentioned as a potential running mate, repeated an "old southern racist term when talking about defeating President Obama during the health care debate." Schultz's example? He quoted Demint saying that "If we are able to stop Obama on this [health care law], it will be his Waterloo. It will break him." For clarity, Schultz repeated the offending line, "It will break him."

Dr. James Peterson, director of Africana studies at Lehigh University, explained that "break" is a racist verb, "a term that was used to destroy, mentally and physically, slaves." Accordingly, the Demint line demonstrated "how dark some of these racial discourses can be in presidential politics." Peterson said that Cain, by naming Demint as a possible VP pick, "gives those folks a pass" on racism.

toetoe
10-14-2011, 11:02 PM

http://www.hollywoodrepublican.net/2011/10/herman-cain-the-unusual-politician/ (http://www.hollywoodrepublican.net/2011/10/herman-cain-the-unusual-politician/)

Any reader that believes the allegation that Mr. Cain is a fiery speaker is implicitly denying that the Divider-in-Chief is the greatest orator of our time --- :lol: --- and said reader is therefore a racist ... I ... think ... :confused:

boxcar
10-14-2011, 11:08 PM
this was posted boxcar by only a few hours ago under Occupy WS Chicago/LA post #568
"Maybe they think Obama was awarded the SHOE SHINE CONCESSION in the WH, and that Bush never really left the Oval Office."

SHOE SHINE CONCESSION! This is out of the head of regular poster here not from some unknown Wall Street protester as he would suggest.

These are the type of posts I reply to when I mention race on this board and now I am the playing the race card.

Well, you know...those folks down there poundin' the streets with their hooves aren't the swiftest people in the world. I was just speculatin' on what may be transpiring inside their heads.

But why would you be offended by my remarks, anyway? If Obama was running a shoe shine concession, that would be the first business he would have ever run. That would actually be a legitimate gig for him in the business world and something of substance to actually stick on his resume. You know what I mean? Several more gigs like that, and he'd almost be in Cain's class. :lol: :lol:

Boxcar

boxcar
10-14-2011, 11:11 PM
and said reader is therefore a racist ... I ... think ...

And therefore, YOU IS. :D

Boxcar

Tom
10-14-2011, 11:42 PM
Ed Schultz: Cain is Pandering to ‘White Republicans’ Who ‘Don’t Like Black Folks’

Ya gotta admire Knucklehed Ed - he manages to do that show day after day without a brain in his football-damaged head. "Typical white person."

The Judge
10-15-2011, 12:11 AM
Kept letting that little light of yours shine for the world to see.

PaceAdvantage
10-16-2011, 09:22 PM

These are the type of posts I reply to when I mention race on this board and now I am the playing the race card.You've lost me. Please explain.

Oh, and here is a list of famous shoe shiners per Wiki:

Mahmoud Ahmed – Ethiopian singer[4]

James Brown – "The Godfather of Soul". He used to shine shoes and sing and dance on Ninth Street in Augusta, Georgia; in 1993 the road was renamed "James Brown Boulevard" in his honour.[5][6]

José Asunción Flores – composer and creator of the guarania genre of music

Rush Limbaugh– conservative radio talk show host and pundit, shined shoes as a young boy to make spending money

Oscar Micheaux – the first[citation needed] African American filmmaker

Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva – later President of Brazil[7]

Alejandro Toledo – later President of Peru[8]

Lee Trevino – professional golfer

Malcolm X – worked as a shoeshine boy at a Lindy Hop nightclub in New York City[9][10]

Rod Blagojevich – later Governor of Illinois

-----------------------------

Like I have said often, you left-leaners and democratic party members LOVE to see racism EVERYWHERE, even places it doesn't exist...it gets those folks sending $$$$ to the Dem party...fires up that base...gotta hand it to ya'll...judging by Obama's war chest, it's still as effective as ever...

And that's why racism will never disappear anytime soon...it's WAY TOO PROFITABLE for the Democratic Party.

Tom
10-16-2011, 09:43 PM
Obama never shined shoes.
He never held a real job.
Shining shoes would be a step up for him.

PaceAdvantage
10-16-2011, 10:05 PM
Four out of the 10 on that list are black. Six out of 10 are not. I'm really trying to understand "The Judge's" judgement on this. Maybe he will clue me in...

Maybe he was offended that Boxcar inadvertently linked Obama with Rush Limbaugh? That's a bona fide compliment as far as Obama is concerned... :lol:

boxcar
10-16-2011, 10:22 PM
Obama never shined shoes.
He never held a real job.
Shining shoes would be a step up for him.

Thank you! My point was well understood by you and PA! (Thank you, too, PA!)

Boxcar

The Judge
10-17-2011, 11:24 AM
There is nothing wrong with shinning shoes for a living. To suggest that President Obama is in the White House shinning shoes seems racist and strange to me. Then to suggest that it's a protesters thought and not your own is bizzarre by anyones standard.

boxcar
10-17-2011, 12:08 PM
There is nothing wrong with shinning shoes for a living. To suggest that President Obama is in the White House shinning shoes seems racist and strange to me. Then to suggest that it's a protesters thought and not your own is bizzarre by anyones standard.

Why does it seem racists? You've never seen white shoe shiners? (If not, you need to get out more.)

And since so many of the protesters come off as dimly lit bulbs, who probably wouldn't be able to find their rear ends with their hands duct-taped to them, I thought it was an eminently reasonable hypothesis.

Boxcar

The Judge
10-17-2011, 12:55 PM
from you to me. Are you saying your post had nothing to do with race and everything to do with a persons occupation? "Obama and a shoe shine concession in the White House" has nothing to do with the fact that white people and black people both shine shoes.

It's like saying white people were lynched as well as black people therefore the lynching had nothing to do with race.

Obviously you are the one that doen't get out much if this is what you think.

boxcar
10-17-2011, 03:06 PM
from you to me. Are you saying your post had nothing to do with race and everything to do with a persons occupation? "Obama and a shoe shine concession in the White House" has nothing to do with the fact that white people and black people both shine shoes.

It's like saying white people were lynched as well as black people therefore the lynching had nothing to do with race.

Obviously you are the one that doen't get out much if this is what you think.

No, it had nothing to do with race. It had everything to do, however, with suggesting an entry level position in the real business world for which our CORPSEman-in-Chief might actually qualify.

Boxcar

JustRalph
10-17-2011, 05:01 PM
NknF4n44OCg

Rookies
10-17-2011, 11:19 PM
No, it had nothing to do with race. It had everything to do, however, with suggesting an entry level position in the real business world for which our CORPSEman-in-Chief might actually qualify.

Boxcar

Boxie, it was a BAD analogy and came off that way.:ThmbDown: You could have made the same point with many other entry level positions under capitalism.

" You want fries with that?" immmediately comes to mind, but you chose the one that is highly associated with backwater racial overtones.

lsbets
10-17-2011, 11:21 PM
Boxie, it was a BAD analogy and came off that way.:ThmbDown: You could have made the same point with many other entry level positions under capitalism.

" You want fries with that?" immmediately comes to mind, but you chose the one that is highly associated with backwater racial overtones.

Perception is a funny thing. When I hear shoeshine boy the first thing that comes to my mind is Joe Pesci in Goodfellas.

bigmack
10-17-2011, 11:35 PM
Perception is a funny thing. When I hear shoeshine boy the first thing that comes to my mind is Joe Pesci in Goodfellas.
I was thinking, Johnny, from PSquad.

Rookies would be institutionalized after a simple Rorschach test. He laughs at men holding hands and when he hears 'shoeshine' he IMMEDIATELY thinks of black people. :confused:

AsjybfVJBCM

boxcar
10-17-2011, 11:41 PM

Well, given BO's obvious shame over his highly secretive educational achievements, his experience-impoverished resume and his penchant for making more than his fair share of verbal blunders, I purposely chose a profession whereby Affirmative Action help would not be needed or even wanted by most in order to succeed at this level. If I were a career placement consultant, this is what I recommend to give him a chance to build his self-confidence and self-esteem under his own steam for once in his life.

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
10-18-2011, 03:09 AM
Perception is a funny thing. When I hear shoeshine boy the first thing that comes to my mind is Joe Pesci in Goodfellas.Me too...I love this scene...spit shine Tommy... :lol: (warning...language AND violence in the following scene):

2oP1NMB_I0s

JustRalph
10-24-2011, 10:52 PM
qhm-22Q0PuM

PaceAdvantage
10-25-2011, 03:35 AM
Yup, that was weird...have to agree...the whole cig smoking thing at the end...WTF was up with that? :lol:

boxcar
10-25-2011, 03:33 PM
jhQVAviVbg4

Word has it, btw, that money is starting to pour in to his campaign. More than a few people on both sides of the aisle have to be going ballistics.

Boxcar

JustRalph
10-25-2011, 04:30 PM
That's a great ad